Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys does anyone know approximately how years back they go for background. 10years or more or 15 or more. Any honest feed back would be appreciated.

Stay the course everyone the waters will get calmer.

Comment

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      Just 10 years for the current background

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      Although EQUIP asks for 10 years of working history - I've seen people on here have to answer for actions further back in their past.

• Got the DT call taking it tomorrow 19-4. How fast y’all get results back or EOD calls

Comment

• David1984
      David1984 commented
      Editing a comment
      Safranco2 I took my DT 4/22 and it still hasn’t updated in my CASS. As for the call I got it an hour later of the DT. And that also had not updated in my CASS. The number is from Minneapolis 952

Don’t have any clue why is taking so long to update

• Manonfire6666
      Manonfire6666 commented
      Editing a comment
      David1984 it will update. We have the same dates for DT and the call. My CASS updated May 1.

• David1984
      David1984 commented
      Editing a comment
      Manonfire6666 thanks for the info

• cstephensiv
      cstephensiv commented
      Editing a comment
      19-4 I took my DT on 04/22 and received the call same day. everything cleared and updated on CASS to 100% on the 2nd I believe... it wasn't too long after the DT and call CASS updated.

• Anyone interested in swapping LAX for JFK GS-7 ? My academy start date was scheduled for 5/27/2020. As we already know it has been pushed back due to Covid-19.
    Stay Safe
    Last edited by d0212; 05-04-2020, 08:31 PM.

Comment

• I received my Final Selection Letter today via email. The name on the letter was not mine, and the info was wrong except the EOD date and class number. I sent a reply stating the info on there is incorrect. Has this happened to anyone before?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        210CBPO copy that, hopefully I will get one in 1 or 2 weeks. With this corona, I'm little bit nervous. I'm quitting my job and moving soon. lol

• 210CBPO
        210CBPO commented
        Editing a comment
        V_AntCBP i think im good now. I already work at my port through the State of Texas. I'm feeling very hopeful now since it seems like we will keep our EOD dates. Now all we have to do it wait for fletc to open up and learn of the changes. Don't worry much anymore we're almost there.

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        210CBPO right, as long as we receive the final offer later, we should be good to go.. few months ago I read USCIS (DHS) cancelled several positions after giving out EOD, screwed up a few people....because they quit their job, sign new apt lease and everything... all HR USCIS said was sorry. nothing else they could do about it. lol

• cstephensiv
        cstephensiv commented
        Editing a comment
        I was under the impression that our EOD dates wont change to a later date, only earlier IF you agree to be put on the list to be called earlier if a spot opened. The Caveat is that we might be stuck in pre academy until FLETC re opens....

• Questions for anyone who can answer it:

I was made an offer at GS-9 but did not tell me which step. I will assume 1. I am a former LEO with 8 years of experience and 4 years experience working at an immigration law firm. Should I call back to renegotiate a possible higher step?

Comment

• Manonfire6666
        Manonfire6666 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the responses. I will call them back and give it a try. Worse that can happen is they say no. Thanks!

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        You're gonna be a step 1. Unless you're coming from a federal position with a higher grade then a 9 that is. However you won't know your step until you get your final selection letter. If they feel you deserve a higher step they will give it. If they don't then you'll be a step 1 like everyone else with LE/Military backgrounds

• Manonfire6666
        Manonfire6666 commented
        Editing a comment
        @TsFost

You are correct. I left a voicemail to the hiring center and they just called me back. Since I have never been a federal employee, I start at GS9 step 1. It doesn’t matter how much experience I may have. If you are a current federal employee, depending what grade and step you are in, you may qualify for a higher step.

• Silva23
        Silva23 commented
        Editing a comment
        It also depends on your application. If you applied to an announcement For gs 9 than that’s the highest grade u can get. You have to check the requirements and announcements for gs 11 To see if you qualify.

• 20-4 candidate over here. Applied for San Ysidro and just got my email as many have been talking about, regarding the pandemic and what it’s caused. Currently waiting for poly, as I’m sure it’ll be a long ways out. Stay safe everyone!

Comment

• captain2008
        captain2008 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry for asking, may I know did they mentioned when will they resume polygraph scheduling?

• JL85
        JL85 commented
        Editing a comment
        captain2008 they have not sadly, I hope towards the end of the year, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t happen until 2021. Which location did you apply for if you don’t mind me asking?

• https://liveevents.fletc.gov/

for anyone that has 30 mins to spare as background noise while doing stuff. Here's some info on FLETC
      Last edited by TsFost; 05-05-2020, 12:43 PM.

Comment

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        TsFost thanks for sharing the link.

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        That awkward moment you've been saying FLETC wrong

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        corsair don't worry man. It was weird to me as well when i was in TSA lol

• KayCan
        KayCan commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds like boot camp with fewer people. Please keep us posted on FLETC plans for students. This sucks. But the bright side is not going in the summer while it is hot.

• Thank you TsFost !! for the timely reply. Hope to see some of you guys and gals in the nest future.

Comment

• Originally posted by 210CBPO View Post
        V_AntCBP I EOD July 1st. They sent me the corrected one today.
        They sent you final offer before 30 days? Btw, did they request SF75 from your current HR?

Comment

• Originally posted by 210CBPO
          I received the corrected email today with an apology. That's it. Lol when do you EOD?
          November 23rd

Comment

• CBPO-DFW
            CBPO-DFW commented
            Editing a comment
            November 23rd

• 210CBPO
            210CBPO commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice! Thats supposed to be my graduation date but i don't see that going as planned. I'm guessing most of actual training will be affected including dates. As long as I am employed I am happy lol

• Originally posted by Eann86 View Post
          Thanks for sharing! Does anyone know what they mean by buses to FLETC? I’m supposed to be traveling to FLETC on June 26th in my own personal vehicle, has this changed? I know now that they won’t be letting us off base, taking a personal vehicle might be pointless or not even allowed?
          I believe they mean Buses from the airport to fletc

Comment

• Goodmorning ...

I’ve completed everything CASS at 88% no call yet. Any word on if they are still making offers ???

Comment

• fonzi7979
              fonzi7979 commented
              Editing a comment
              QueenBlue07 congrats to receiving final offer for JFK I see there is some hope and light at the end of this long process. What announcement are you in?

• V_AntCBP
              V_AntCBP commented
              Editing a comment
              QueenBlue07 congrats !!!!

• Manonfire6666
              Manonfire6666 commented
              Editing a comment
              Congrats on your offer. Which announcement are you? And can you give us your timeline in the process

• d0212
              d0212 commented
              Editing a comment
              QueenBlue07 Congrats!! See you at JFK

• Question: I've heard from my medical POC that I have to wait 90 days before I can get medically cleared, nothing major, just the wait time for LASIK. Question is, the process still moving forward with the background investigation etc.. or is it being put on hold until I get medically cleared?

Comment

• fonzi7979
              fonzi7979 commented
              Editing a comment
              mike2010 from what Corsair mentioned is correct from my timeline where my medical took over 6 months to clear with no additional requests along the process and I have yet to be scheduled for the polygraph exam and the background is still being processed to a point. From what I have read on this forum everyone’s process is different therefore no one really knows it to a T. Be patient I know it’s frustrating. What announcement are you in?

• AdamF2882
              AdamF2882 commented
              Editing a comment
              mike2010 so just a heads up, I failed me vision and had to go to my eye Dr to get cleared also I have asthma so they needed more info on those 2 issues of mine. They asked for more info which was 3 documents on both issues on 01/2018 and my medical didn’t clear until 07/2019. They told me 90 days to clear as well and it took 19 months. Everything was put on hold until my medical cleared.
              Last edited by AdamF2882; 05-07-2020, 08:01 AM.

• cstephensiv
              cstephensiv commented
              Editing a comment
              Background wont begin until you get the pass on the poly....

• cwp93
              cwp93 commented
              Editing a comment
              This happened to me when I first applied. Was a little over a year into the process. Passed the Poly and was in the final stages of my BI. I had the option of requesting a waiver on the basis of prior experience in law enforcement with my vision, but I had none. Due to this I was forced to withdraw my application.

It's not the end of the world though. I got LASIK and I was cleared almost a week after I submitted my paperwork. You do have to wait 90 days of recovery until you can reapply.

• Originally posted by QueenBlue07 View Post
            V_AntCBP update: I got the call today !!! EOD novermber 23
            Where ya going? We EOD the same time. I’m 23rd of Nov scheduled too!

Comment

• *Sheesh*

Haven’t posted or been on this forum in a very long time. I hope all is well with each and everyone of you during this horrific pandemic. I’m announcement 19-2. I finally received a call sometime last week regarding my polygraph asking if I was still interested in the position. Which I most definitely am. The gentleman stated that I will be placed on his list and once things get back up and running, I will receive notification regarding when I’ll take my polygraph. Any 19-2’s still in here? What’s the latest? Anything new for you guys?

Comment

• ChampagnePapi
                ChampagnePapi commented
                Editing a comment
                You’ll get the call soon DThomasNYPD. A few friends of mine got their call a day or so after I got mine.

How long did the poly process take Greyhound8 & David1984 ? & After the poly, how long was the wait for the background check & the drug test until you got the final offer?

• David1984
                David1984 commented
                Editing a comment
                ChampagnePapi

19-2

SI- 1/19
                Poly Scheduled- 5/19
                Poly 1- 6/19 verbal pass
                Poly 2- 7/19 verbal pass again (finally passed and updated on CASS)
                BI- 9/19
                BI cleared- 4/20
                DT scheduled- 4/20/20
                DT taken- 4/22/20
                Final offer- 4/22/20

• fonzi7979
                fonzi7979 commented
                Editing a comment
                ChampagnePapi hang in there I’m in 19-2 for JFK as well I received that call last week and scheduling will begin again once the shutdown is lifted. Good luck it’s been a long waiting process but it is what it is.

• fonzi7979
                fonzi7979 commented
                Editing a comment
                David1984 congrats hope maybe I will see you at Flect I’m in 19-2 just waiting to be scheduled for the poly and hopefully the rest will continue in a timely fashion. Good luck

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2818 users online. 128 members and 2690 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X