Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DQ due to vision. That didn’t take long!!

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      fonzi7979 if your medical already cleared, don't get lasik yet, wait until you have EOD, then get it. If you get it now, you may have to redo medical instead of just certifying it ....

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      V_AntCBP thanks for giving your insight on this matter.

• thelonelybum
      thelonelybum commented
      Editing a comment
      so you think it's ok to get lasik after you get your EOD scheduled? was thinking about getting lasik, but with the virus going on I don't think I'd be able to.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      thelonelybum yeah get it after you got your EOD so process don't postpone longer (you might have to wait 6 months, redo medical and stuff), I was able to drive 2 days after lasik, and eyes just kept getting better and better everyday.. all recovered probably 2-3 months (eyes normal, no more eye Dr checkups, kept using the refresher eyes drops)

• Been a freakin minute since I posted here. Anyway 19-4 here. Switched to 20-6. (Thanks medical process -_-)

19-4 / 20-6

2019:
    1-29 Applied
    2-2 Test
    2-4 Results
    2-13 NOR
    3-12 Tentative Offer
    3-15 EQIP Submitted
    3-19 Medical Exam
    3-27 SI
    3-28 SI NOR
    4-1 Fitness Test PASS
    8-29 EQIP submitted to OPR (Email says the BI is going on but haven't heard anything so idk what's up with that)

During this time a whole lot of medical paperwork. Med dropped to take care of it (yay heart surgery)

2020:
    3-6 Reapplied (Everything except fitness transferred over. Also qualified for GS-7 this time)
    3-31 Fitness test Pass
    4-23 Medical PASS (FINNNNALLLLLYYYY)

Now sitting at 50%

If only the background investigation process went as fast for CBP as it did for TSA haha

Cheers

Comment

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats I know the feeling. The wait is rather long. I applied for TSA at the same time. I had TSA and CBP application. Background is a little faster for TSA but may be a different level of clearance. Both applications were running head to head but now CBP application is at 50% and still waiting to be scheduled for my Polygraph Exam. I am in 19-2 announcement for JFK. Once the COVID-19 national Emergency shutdown is lifted hopefully the process will start to move along at a faster pace. Good luck.

• rergang3
      rergang3 commented
      Editing a comment
      fonzi7979 Yea I definitely believe the clearance level is different. My background for TSA was "cleared" after two weeks but it clearly goes longer than that. I spoke with an investigator over the phone like 2 months after being hired. Sucks knowing that an investigator was actually calling references and people for TSA but nothing for CBP. Oh well

• Exbpa340
      Exbpa340 commented
      Editing a comment
      The CBP background is a tier 5 and can award/grant secret or top secret clearances. The TSA background is most likely a public trust tier 4 background. You will be interviewed for the CBP one and it will likely take much longer. Don’t be surprised if you background doesn’t clear until you are well into or through the Academy.

• rergang3
      rergang3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Exbpa340 I assumed the same. Just sucks that even though OPR has had my eqip, nothing has been done since August.

• Help,

I accepted a position at the beginning of April for a location in California.I accepted assuming because o was new to CBp I would receive the incentive.I found I that Iam not eligible because the incentive applies to new employees of the entire federal government.Cost of living would be to high for me without the incentive.I asked the HR person could I change locations before EOD.They said yes,however if I call and I declined one of the locations they have available I can not request a change again.Iam willing to wait for the location I want .Would I have to start the process all over if I decided to wait on a location I desire?
    Last edited by Wanderlust_; 05-02-2020, 09:58 AM.

Comment

• Wanderlust_
      Wanderlust_ commented
      Editing a comment
      I currently live in Houston.I wouldn't mind Houston, Dallas,Atlanta or anywhere in the south east.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Wanderlust_ if you are not VRA, most likely you won't get HOU, DAL, or ATL. Everyone wants these... I've seen people lucky that got Miami... this is something you need to take a chance. If you decline the next offer, all you need to do is reapply...everything will transfer over if not expired, the only thing may expire is medical and fitness but those are easy.... call them early so your stuff not expired when you reapply...

• d0212
      d0212 commented
      Editing a comment
      Wanderlust_ Just for clarity, if you were to call HR you could request a location. If they have the location you request available then they would be willing to accommodate you ?
      I'm set to EOD on 5/11 at JFK but I was considering calling to see if they would be willing switch my port to LAX.
      Academy start date on 5/27 but as you already know academy dates have been postponed. Thought it might be worth asking since the FLETC dates have been pushed back.
      Last edited by d0212; 05-04-2020, 08:23 PM.

• 813Deputy2b
      813Deputy2b commented
      Editing a comment
      ATL?

• Who wants go to Dulles International Airport?

Comment

• PatrolDeputy123
      PatrolDeputy123 commented
      Editing a comment
      I wanted Dulles, but wasn't offered it during my call. Im scheduled to go to JFK in Oct.

• cstephensiv
      cstephensiv commented
      Editing a comment
      I wanted Dulles, but got Blaine, Wa instead

• bigal.
      bigal. commented
      Editing a comment
      My two options are Dulles and JFK.

• 20-1 DH currently at 50%. Getting the feeling since they haven't called asking if I still want to be considered means I am not in the next batch for Poly... Good Luck to all in round 1!

Comment

• DenaliCBP
      DenaliCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      OPR emailed today asking if I wanted to stay in the process. They haven't forgotten me!

• Just sharing my timeline.

Application: 03/19/2020
    Entrance Exam: 03/27/2020
    Medical: 4/27/2020
    Fitness Test: 4/29/2020
    Medical Cleared: 5/01/2020
    ————————————-

Comment

• Originally posted by Showtime0811 View Post
      DQ due to vision. That didn’t take long!!

I was told that I could submit a waiver but that’s probably unlikely due to my vision with contacts is 425. Whatever that means, best bet is to try and get lasik done.

Comment

• mike2010
        mike2010 commented
        Editing a comment
        With contacts and you're at 425?!! uhhh yeah, I think that would be almost impossible. Get Lasik man, that'll be day/night difference.

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        With all due respect - based on what you posted/deleted about the credit email I’d be more more concerned about that.

• mike2010
        mike2010 commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree with Corsair, you seem a little sketchy. In addition, your response to getting disqualified was very cold.. ppl are usually a little more emotional, rather than “well.. that didn’t take long”

• CBPO-DFW more info to come before EOD but this should be almost everything you would need
      Attached Files

Comment

• Kevin1234
        Kevin1234 commented
        Editing a comment
        Not sure if you'll need a shower slipper.. FLETC give you that on your second day. FLETC also gives you white socks, but most people don't use it, if it gets lost you'll have to pay for it. It comes with FLETC stitched into it. We just left them in the bag and used our own. Compression shorts is good for TRT, Youll be doing alot of ground grappling any some instructors do make a scene if you not "supported' properly. Other than that, that's a decent list of items I would say.

• CBPO-DFW
        CBPO-DFW commented
        Editing a comment
        May you PM me this info again please.

• No one should ever choose a location inside OFO with the expectation of a quick or easy move. One should expect to spend years to forever in their original choice locations.

Yes, some people manage to move and some manage those moves rather early in their careers...but the key word is some. Many, many, many get locked in to their location long-term...

Transfers and relocations, while easier today than in the past, still aren't all that employee friendly...especially for people looking to sell undesirable ports for very limited options. And, yes...most locations offered recently and currently are less desired locations.

Comment

• This is by far the worst application process I have ever been apart of. Applied 12/2017. EQIP done in a week. Most info saved from my current federal position. 01/2018 medical starts, medical clears 07/2019. They needed more information on my Vision and Asthma. It took 1.7 years to review 3 documents. When I spoke to a medical rep they told me this happens because they have so many applicants. I said over a year to read 3 documents, I get that there are a lot of applicants but that’s a little crazy. Received an email in July saying that a polygraph examiner would be contacting me within 6 weeks. It’s now May and nothing. Got a call from Texas last week telling me the polygraph is delayed so am I still interested in the position once all is back up and running? I told the lady that I’ve been in it this long so what’s another year. When I told her everything she was surprised and said, “well in small cities sometimes it takes long. If u live in NY, Ma, Ca, or NJ It usually goes quicker.” I told her I’m in NJ and already work for the gov’t. Again she was shocked and apologized. This is ridiculous. Hopefully I get my final offer by 2027. Fingers crossed.
        Last edited by AdamF2882; 05-03-2020, 12:19 PM.

Comment

• Turboboigti
          Turboboigti commented
          Editing a comment
          Nupey02 I would recommend union, springfield, linden, rahway. these cities are 20-25 minutes drive to EWR in normal traffic. I can tell you more if you tell me what your preferences are, regarding a neighborhood or a city.

• AdamF2882
          AdamF2882 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nupey02 if ur looking to buy Union County is expensive. I grew up in Union. I live in South Jersey now. It’s cheaper. I would rent at first till u start making good money then when u get familiar with the area look to buy then

• Nupey02
          Nupey02 commented
          Editing a comment
          corsair Thanks for the information. Greatly appreciated as I'm transferring from TX.

Turboboigti Kool! I saw some decent apartments online in Rahway. I'll do some research on the other cities you mentioned. I just wanna find a spot where it's a decent place to live and to which I can travel to EWR and NYC by public transportation if needed. Trying not to use my car as much once I get out there.

AdamF2882 Thanks for the advice. I'm definitely gonna rent the first year if not the second in addition.

• Turboboigti
          Turboboigti commented
          Editing a comment
          Nupey02 Rahway and Linden are alright, they are pretty safe and they also have direct train lines to NYC and EWR ( 40-50 min ride to NYC from Linden or Rahway).

• Been toying with the idea of getting on with CBP. I’m currently employees with the BOP. Who here has jumped ship from BOP to CBP? Pros and Cons of the switch and also would I be eligible for the GS9 announcement. I remember when I went to FLETC I was chatting with this dude that was former BOP and said wait till you make your GL7 and apply for the GS9 with CBP so I wouldn’t have to take the entrance exam. I’ve also read that if you are going to a duty station the requires you to know basic Spanish, you either take a proficiency test or if you don’t know any then you’ll have to take a Spanish immersion class at FLETC. How is that class? Pretty easy? I know I would have to take that class due to not retaining anything I learned in high school from Spanish class lol. Thanks in advance!

Comment

• Gixxerman
          Gixxerman commented
          Editing a comment
          Please direct me to where one year with the BOP qualifies you for a GS-9 in the CBP. I left the BOP as a GS-8 step 8 and I was rated as a GS-7. I worked every critical posts, awarded GSI's and other awards.

• AdamF2882
          AdamF2882 commented
          Editing a comment
          Gixxerman Look at the qualifications and requirements for a GS 9 CBP Officer. U’ll see it says 1 year law enforcement to qualify. So with that don’t bother filling out the app for 5-7 just fill out the 9 one. I’m at the poly part of the process. Started when I was a 6 at the BOP and qualified for the 9.

• Manonfire6666
          Manonfire6666 commented
          Editing a comment
          I was made an offer at GS-9 but did not tell me which step. I will assume 1. I am a former LEO with 8 years of experience and 4 years experience working at an immigration law firm. Should I call back to renegotiate a possible higher step?

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          @V_AntCBP,

There is policy limiting the use and. carriage of personal cell phones at work and-or on duty.

All new hires and probationary employees would be wise to always stay within the lines.

• Hey y’all, I’ve been reading the forum for quite some time. I’ve found it very helpful through out the hiring process.
        I applied some time in early 2018 GS-9 VRA (honestly I forget the time line). I recently received the call a couple of weeks ago EOD is November 9th to DFW and FLETC December 1st. I was wondering if anyone else might be in the same academy. Also if anyone had any info about DFW. I currently work for the BOP.
        Last edited by USMCJJ; 05-04-2020, 10:05 AM. Reason: Incorrect date

Comment

• USMCJJ
          USMCJJ commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, lol. I would probably consider staying if they valued custody a bit more. In a couple of years at CBP you’ll be making what a captain makes. I’m also looking forward to not having to work dry cell ever again.

• CBPO-DFW
          CBPO-DFW commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats!!!

• Nupey02
          Nupey02 commented
          Editing a comment
          USMCJJ Know far too well about that USP and dry cell life! Make that move.

• cstephensiv
          cstephensiv commented
          Editing a comment
          I EOD NOV 13th Blaine, Wa and FLETC Dec 1st

• For those of you that received an email from the adjudicator, requesting permission to send you correspondences via email to help expedite the process, how long before you heard back from the adjudicator again after granting permission to send email correspondences?

I emailed back the same day that he reached out but was wondering how long I should wait before emailing him again.

Comment

• I’ve been in adjudication since 08/2019. No update

Comment

• kayro
          kayro commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow. I hoped that it would get faster after Polygraph

• Keee562
          Keee562 commented
          Editing a comment
          I passed the polygraph last year in August

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          Keee562 congrats to passing the polygraph exam. I am awaiting to be scheduled since April 2019 hopefully soon after the national emergency is lifted. Just curious I heard horror stories with the exam. I hope yours went smooth and if I may ask how long was the exam from start to finish.

• Keee562
          Keee562 commented
          Editing a comment
          4hrs just listen to the examiner and you’ll do fine

• This was posted on the delphi forums from a FLETC briefing. Seems in the coming weeks instructors will start returning, but they didn't mention a student return date. Hopefully this means it's getting closer to things rolling out.

Per Director Walters' brief:
        • There isn't much that hasn't changed to some degree.
        • All of our students will be housed - at least in the beginning - on base, in single-occupancy, single-bath dorm rooms. And students will remain on base from the day they get here until the day they graduate.

Excerpts from Deputy Director Fallon's brief:
        • I know you wanted dates, and as the director mentioned we just don't have them yet...there's a few things we need to work through before we can set those in stone.
        • Staff on telework will remain on telework.
        • Phase I:
          • Bring back classes that were closest to graduation, roughly about half of students (exact numbers per facility redacted here).
          • "Will add classes as we can, based on the schedule, based on lessons learned, based on the success."
          • Class sizes will be broken down by half (four total sections per class of trainees).
          • Students will be brought in 14 days prior to the start of training and will be isolated onsite. We will restrict their movement to small groups...a small group will go to the dining hall together, to the gym together, etc. We're going to keep them on-center throughout the entirety of their program.
          • Only students will be allowed into the student centers, the dining halls, and the gyms.

Chief of Security Munshi:
        • Trainees will be screened before and at arrival to FLETC and provided relevant guidance.
          • Trainees will be required to bring a face covering.
        • Buses to FLETC will carry reduced numbers of students to support social distancing.
        • Social distancing will be built into all training programs.
        • Students will be restricted from leaving the center.
        • Routine testing is a goal, but plans are not solid yet.

Dr. Sutter:
        • All changes are a reflection of efforts to protect the safety of instructors, students, and all other personnel.
        • There will be less group engagement.
        • You're going to see changes to the coursework to limit exposure and minimize risk to everybody.

Comment

• Eann86
          Eann86 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for sharing! Does anyone know what they mean by buses to FLETC? I’m supposed to be traveling to FLETC on June 26th in my own personal vehicle, has this changed? I know now that they won’t be letting us off base, taking a personal vehicle might be pointless or not even allowed?

• Silva23
          Silva23 commented
          Editing a comment
          Eann86 take your car.

• Silva23
          Silva23 commented
          Editing a comment
          Eann86 at Fletc you are not allowed to drive from 8-4 m-f so they have buses that take you to classes and to chow hall. I definitely recommend to take you POV and don’t forget your boots .

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          Eann86 it may have changed since COVID-19 pandemic. Your best bet will be to call down to FLECT and they will let you know or ask at your port during orientation.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4907 users online. 310 members and 4597 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X