300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Redwings1993 View Post
    Applied back in August 2017. VRA 17-10. Just be patient people! Pursue other things in the mean time.
    Damn 3 years I would have been done with a bachelor degree during that time, that is way too long to wait on.

Comment

• Redwings1993
      Redwings1993 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ve pursued other things during the time and I was still in service for the first year. It is what it is. No federal job is guaranteed.

• Just beast that PFT!!!!! Now I wait for polygraph to get scheduled
    Last edited by Showtime0811; 04-29-2020, 12:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Showtime0811 View Post
      Just beast that PTF!!!!!!!! Now I wait for polygraph to get scheduled

Showtime0811- awesome news man! Keep us posted we need that positive energy!
      USMC-6322 Comm/Nav Tech
      Oorah!

Comment

• Hopefully I can get through medical and background now.

Comment

• corsair
          corsair commented
          Editing a comment
          You won’t see the background phase until you pass the polygraph.

• Whats everyone doing to stay fit? Luckily back in November I bought stuff to build a home gym - at first my wife thought I was nuts but who’s laughing now that the gyms are closed lol.
        CBPO 19-4 - Switched to 19-8

CASS APP-50%
        EQIP - Completed
        Medical Exam - Completed
        Structured Interview - Completed
        Fitness Test - Completed
        Polygraph - TBD

Comment

• Ed1990
          Ed1990 commented
          Editing a comment
          Doing a lot of running and pushups

• corsair
          corsair commented
          Editing a comment
          I bought a 20lb weighted vest on amazon that’s been great for pushups / jogging.

• TsFost
          TsFost commented
          Editing a comment
          I suck at running so I started couch to 5k. I'm feeling better about my running. I'm still in the 290lb range so that's been a blast bounding down the street every other day lol. I was supposed to be at FLETC 2 weeks ago so hey I'm at least gonna go into the academy at a better place then I was gonna be.

• Just got the call everyone else is getting referencing the poly. Still making phone calls! Told them I'm still interested in.

Comment

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          That’s good hopefully soon they start to schedule the candidates for the polygraph exam.

• Anyone ever get through with credit issues? Also, do they wait until they get a response from every job you ever had to be scheduled for the polygraph?

Comment

• corsair
          corsair commented
          Editing a comment
          Pretty sure they don’t contact anyone until you pass the polygraph. They will pull your credit report soon or they might have already. I saw it on my annual credit report.

• I’m not sure if anyone could answer this but what is harder to get hired with? CBP Officer or Local Police Departments? What sets them apart during hiring process or is it all the same.

Comment

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't think that there's really a single good answer to that question...since there are hundreds of different state/local agencies in the US.

If you need a single answer, I'll go with CBP...since there are plenty of local jobs that pay peanuts for wages and have to, by necessity, hire minimalist applicants to fill their ranks.

• Rubicon
          Rubicon commented
          Editing a comment
          Local PD varies depending on population. A small town may be easier to join. Larger agencies are probably the hardest due to hundreds applying for a few dozen positions- highly competitive and stricter fitness requirements. CBP is very long and has a stricter background process, but if you're clean and don't panic too badly in the polygraph, you'll get in "eventually". Most agencies have a set process, similar to CBP. Smaller ones will be more casual.

• After being in the process since October 2017, Looks like I’m about to get hit with a NOPA. Just received and email from the adjudicator asking if he can send me some correspondences via email.
        Just waiting to hear back. This may be the end for me.

Comment

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          jamoranto I hear you just follow through with the NOPA as requested. From reading on this forum they need clarification and closure to the situation at hand so that they can make a
          decision.

• jamoranto
          jamoranto commented
          Editing a comment
          @corsair
          @fonzi7979

Thanks for the encouragement

• QJSBlue
          QJSBlue commented
          Editing a comment
          jamoranto Remember we are all imperfect and most of us have a past. Just hang in there and keep pushing! Hoping the best for you!!!!

• jamoranto
          jamoranto commented
          Editing a comment
          QJSBlue thanks.

• Deleted..................
        Last edited by Showtime0811; 04-29-2020, 08:20 PM.

Comment

• corsair
          corsair commented
          Editing a comment
          Yikes - good luck with that one

• nonotnow
          nonotnow commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry to hear about your financial situation but I recommend removing personal debts from forums. Just some non descriptive stuff would be good. Not details about dollar amounts and institutions.

• Just spoke with the Recruiter in Charge in El Paso,Tx. They are postponing all polygraph exams till further notice. She advised there is no concrete date when they will be available again. So hope y’all are ready for a long one.

Comment

• StevenMal
          StevenMal commented
          Editing a comment
          Well hopefully with Texas not being hit as hard by covid that we will open up soon. Hopefully with the new guidelines Texas will be issuing the exams will open back up.

• britt93
          britt93 commented
          Editing a comment
          I was contacted by my polygraph examiner & told due to state & local restrictions they would be postponed for now. Then I was contacted by a gentleman from the polygraph division letting me know the same thing and that academy dates are full through 2020 already. He asked if I still wanted to the application & I said yes. I’ve already waited this long what’s another year.
          Last edited by britt93; 04-30-2020, 05:57 PM.

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          britt93 I received a call from the polygraph division on Monday and was asked if I am still interested in a career with CBPO and I said yes and was told once the national Emergency shutdown is lifted scheduling for the exam will continue. Let’s see I have been in this process since November 2018. Good luck.

• britt93
          britt93 commented
          Editing a comment
          fonzi7979 hang in there! Hopefully you get a call soon!

• Got the call....
        GS-9
        EOD: 8/24/2020
        Academy: 09/14/2020
        Duty location: Long Beach/ Los Angeles seaport.

Comment

• bigal.
          bigal. commented
          Editing a comment
          When did you take your drug test? How long after the drug test did you get the call?

• bchalmers
          bchalmers commented
          Editing a comment
          So......

I applied Direct hire GS-7 and got Lukeville, AZ port in August 2019. Hired October 2019

I did not know about VRA, I’m active duty military with a top secret clearance.

I re-applied 30 days ago and got offered VRA GS-9.

I really didn’t wanna go to the AZ border and was told by a CBP recruiter to re-apply VRA and I did.

I live in PHX, AZ and didn't wanna go to CA but I decided to go back to CA and they gave me LB/LA Seaport.

• Gixxerman
          Gixxerman commented
          Editing a comment
          May I ask how you qualified for your GS-9 rating?

• Dodge_Guy19-4
          Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Gixxerman under the GS9 you show 1 year LE experience. Being a VRA applicant, there are alot of duties Veterans handle while on active duty that can translate to LE experience. Most is plentiful during deployment. Working an entry control point, vehicle inspection points, detainee operations, some military occupations do more LE focused things than others just by the nature of thier primary role. Former Military Police or Security Forces for an example can just describe normal duties. Others may have collateral duties, or been placed on a detail like listed above that translates well on a resume.

• So......

I applied Direct hire GS-7 and got Lukeville, AZ port in August 2019. Hired October 2019

I did not know about VRA, I’m active duty military with a top secret clearance.

I re-applied 30 days ago and got offered VRA GS-9.

I really didn’t wanna go to the AZ border and was told by a CBP recruiter to re-apply VRA and I did.

I live in PHX, AZ and didn't wanna go to CA but I decided to go back to CA and they gave me LB/LA Seaport.

Comment

• I wanna know yalls experience after
          your background cleared how long after did you get the call for DT. And by any chance what area code do they call from?

Comment

• QueenBlue07
            QueenBlue07 commented
            Editing a comment
            The following week after my BI cleared

• David1984
            David1984 commented
            Editing a comment
            Safranco2 background cleared on a Thursday and received a call for the DT that following Monday. Area code 321

• cstephensiv
            cstephensiv commented
            Editing a comment
            I cleared on a Thursday and received the DT call from a 3rd party a couple days later. I took my DT last Thursday and still waiting for it to update on CASS. DT and 'The Call" came same day

• deleted.....
          Last edited by QueenBlue07; 04-30-2020, 03:58 PM.

Comment

• QJSBlue
            QJSBlue commented
            Editing a comment
            QueenBlue07 If the doctor says it is nothing to worry about and states why, then I am sure that will be taken into consideration, as long as it will not affect CBP duties you would have to carry out.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4797 users online. 272 members and 4525 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X