Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I missed the call yesterday when they were call me to offer me a job (duty locations) but since I missed it! Will they call me back again? I contacted and left a voicemail. Additionally, I also sent them an email regarding that missed call.
    Any recommendations?/ideas?
    Attached Files

Comment

• thelonelybum
      thelonelybum commented
      Editing a comment
      call them back and leave a message

• Manonfire6666
      Manonfire6666 commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you leave a voicemail with your applicant ID? That way they know is you. If you have, do not worry, they will call you back. If you do not hear from them within 24 business hours, call back and leave another voicemail
      Last edited by Manonfire6666; 04-26-2020, 11:56 AM.

• thelonelybum
      thelonelybum commented
      Editing a comment
      they also won't call you on the weekends so if they don't call you tomorrow, then you should leave a message

• I’ve been working on my credit, I would say it’s better today than it was two years ago. However, I was wondering if you need to have 0 collections, 0 charge offs, etc. I wanted to know has anyone been hired if they were able to explain their situation or do they usually disqualify people if they don’t explain in full detail their circumstances.

Comment

• thelonelybum
      thelonelybum commented
      Editing a comment
      No one has a clean slate, everyone has skeletons in their closets. They just want to know if you dealt with those skeletons or if you left them in your closet to collect dust. Mostly to see how responsible you are, all law enforcement agencies do this to see if you're responsible.

If you get a NOPA again, explain to them how it affected you, what you did to change the situation, and the outcome after you fixed or attempted to fix the situation.

• Manonfire6666
      Manonfire6666 commented
      Editing a comment
      thelonelybum - is correct. They are not looking for the perfect candidate. They want to make sure you have integrity and that you are a responsible person. If you had a bad situation in the past and you are currently correcting it, all you have to do is articulate what happened in the past and the steps you have taken to fix and improve those issues. That shows you are a responsible person. Any collections, charges etc., CBP wants to know how you got to that point and did you take care of it.
      Last edited by Manonfire6666; 04-26-2020, 10:08 AM.

• Chris Martin
      Chris Martin commented
      Editing a comment
      If you want to PM me I had a NOPA for credit and made it through.

• Question: I'm currently 38% completed of my CBP (Other than Southern Boarder) process. Is it wise to apply for another CBP job announcement if its a direct hire? Also, I was supposed to have my structure interview, but it was delayed due to the covid-19.

Comment

• thelonelybum
      thelonelybum commented
      Editing a comment
      you can fill out as many applications as you want. Won't affect your process, may speed it up if you apply for a border position tho.

• Is there anyone on this forum that is at or will be EOD Blaine, Washington? I'm trying to find some good locations in Blaine or surrounding areas that are affordable to rent. Any help is appreciated.

19-4
    EOD 11/13/20 Blaine, Washington
    Academy 12/01/20- Grad 04/09/21

Comment

• Just got a call from TX asking if I am still interested in the hiring process etc. Basically a human tellling me that polygraphs are suspended UFN and re asking me if im still interested and that they would be contacting us when they open back up. They also said nearest academy date would be early 2021 as the classes are full till then.

Comment

• Florida_Man
        Florida_Man commented
        Editing a comment
        RB7744 I got the same exact call today basically saying everything you have said. When did you apply? I applied 12/2018 (19-3)

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally I emailed the recruiter for NJ/NY and had a few emails back and forth but they ended up not responding for several weeks. At that point it made sense to try and email the recruiter from Baltimore since I technically switched to them as my first choice. This is what I received from the second recruiter after several exchanges,

"We both use the same channels to get updates and when more than one RIC is asking for the same applicant, we are jamming the channels and increasing workloads for our liaisons. We would both request that you stick with one RIC to obtain any updates on your hiring process. "

Plus the standard polygraphs aren't happening atm because of covid, I'll just sit and wait like normal.
        Last edited by corsair; 04-27-2020, 12:37 PM.

• zTiger
        zTiger commented
        Editing a comment
        I got the same call this morning as well 19-9 NY, been in the process less than a year so surprised

• RB7744
        RB7744 commented
        Editing a comment
        Florida_Man I am 19-5

• I wanted to shed some light for everyone waiting here was my timeline.

VRA 19-4
      applied and accepted: 01/19
      eQIP: 02/19 (was a lot of back and forth about 2-3 times before accepted)
      SI: 03/19
      physical:04/19
      med:06/19 (med wanted more info back and forth about 3 times)
      med cleared: 12/19
      Poly: 02/20
      Meet with BI: 03/20
      Drug test: 03/20
      The call:03/20 (Requested Miami and got it!)
      EOD: 10/20
      BI cleared: In progress

Comment

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        Amazing - i'm originally 19-4 and haven't event gotten to the poly.

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        corsair I’m in 19-2 and still waiting for polygraph exam. I still think you will be scheduled before me. Let’s see what happens.

• Originally posted by fonzi7979 View Post
      corsair I’m in 19-2 and still waiting for polygraph exam. I still think you will be scheduled before me. Let’s see what happens.
      I took it when all this pandemic stuff was starting I got really lucky. Don't worry just gotta play the waiting game your time will come.

Comment

• How long does it take from getting medically cleared to proceed forward, and what's the order of the next steps?

Comment

• corsair
          corsair commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't know how true this is - but I had my Medical 2/21/19 and the results posted a few days after saying I passed. Fast forward to about a month ago when I inquired with a recruiter they said my medical actually was cleared 5/20/19.

Fitness Test
          Medical/Structured Interview
          EQIP
          Polygraph
          BI
          Drug

• RB7744 Got the same call from Washington. Doesn’t sound promising anything will be happening anytime soon.

Comment

• Received a call from NJ asking if I’m still interested in the polygraph because my name is on the upcoming list. Covid-19 was /is the reason for the delay. 19-6 JFK.

Comment

• fonzi7979
            fonzi7979 commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats Mike I’m still waiting but hopefully soon I will be scheduled. 19-2 JFK

• Mike_lowrey
            Mike_lowrey commented
            Editing a comment
            Let’s hope the process moves along once COVID passes over. I guess they wanted to confirm what applicants are interested still & no longer interested.

• Got a call this morning from an examiner if I'm still interested in taking my polygraph. I answered yes but he said due to COVID-19 polygraph scheduling is on hold until this pandemic is over. They're trying to weed out the people who aren't interested anymore so they can make a new list and prioritize polygraph exams when they reopen CBP scheduling/hiring.

Looks like I'll be waiting 3+ years to get hired.
          Last edited by SPX; 04-27-2020, 04:15 PM.

Comment

• nonotnow
            nonotnow commented
            Editing a comment
            Haven't gotten a call either. 19-5 waiting on poly. I emailed today asking about a status update. Mainly want them to know I'm still interested.

• standtheman
            standtheman commented
            Editing a comment
            corsair. im also haven`t received any call about those information yet...

• corsair
            corsair commented
            Editing a comment
            Wishful thinking but maybe will get a call tomorrow.

• AM92
            AM92 commented
            Editing a comment
            20-1 waiting on poly. I also received a similar call this week asking if I was still interested in staying in the process.

• So I was called to take my DT last Tuesday & was expecting a call within that week or this week but I was told they are holding off on making offers due to COVID so although I was pretty close I guess I still have to continue to wait yet again .. it’s almost 2 years

Comment

• David1984
            David1984 commented
            Editing a comment
            QueenBlue07 I got the call last Wednesday an hour after taking my drug test. Don’t know why they will tell you that

• Manonfire6666
            Manonfire6666 commented
            Editing a comment
            Same here. Got call Last Monday. Took DT Wednesday and got the call same day with an offer. Strange.

• QueenBlue07
            QueenBlue07 commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats to you guys !!!! I’ve watched the forum for a while & ive seen you guys say that but it was not the same in my case. I’ll continue to wait this one out

• Was anyone assigned to FLETC class CBPOBT-539?

Comment

• What is everyone doing during the pre-boarding time? What are you doing since FLETC is closed? Will there be any online training until FLETC opens up to classroom training?

My start date is May 20. FLETC was June 5th but not anymore.

Comment

• Ed1990
              Ed1990 commented
              Editing a comment
              Working out getting in shape for the academy.

• VRA-03/2019 applicant-50% done, just Got a call today, I’m #1 on the list to get my poly re scheduled. Was told in the next 1-2 weeks I’ll get a call for the date. Also advised to apply to BPA, she stated everything rolls over. And academy dates for BPA are 30-60 days after applying because there so short handed. Just a thought for some out there on the fence.
            USMC-6322 Comm/Nav Tech
            Oorah!

Comment

• corsair
              corsair commented
              Editing a comment
              19-4 and still nothing on my end.

• fonzi7979
              fonzi7979 commented
              Editing a comment
              corsair you will get the call soon or email. I was surprised after reading some posts on this forum my phone rings. Keep positive.

• 813Deputy2b
              813Deputy2b commented
              Editing a comment
              corsair as you have seen there’s no specific time frame man. The poligrapher told me too, that they’re sending candidates to the academy and just finishing the background PFT while there. She emphasized, poly, drug screen, academy date. They’re hurting and need candidates. So I just pray that, that happens to us!

• fonzi7979
              fonzi7979 commented
              Editing a comment
              813Deputy2b thanks for sharing that with us. That will help move along the hiring process.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5868 users online. 319 members and 5549 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X