Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So filling more than one application for different locations, does it make the hiring process any faster, or it does not matter as long as I am going through it, just wondering here to see what are the chances at the end of this process.

Comment

• Originally posted by SAS-CBPO View Post
      I EOD June 15 Newark. I received an email yesterday Final Selection Letter. It said to call to get reporting time. So I did. I was told they could not give me a reporting time because they do not know where they would be but as of this date EOD are being honored and that I would be doing everything online and placed on paid leave until FLETC reopens. I hope this put people at ease.

I received my final selection letter aswell. It still said eod June 8th and academy June 26. I heard eod’s aren’t changing but academy dates will. I’ll see you there (EWR)

Comment

• ProtoCBP
        ProtoCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        I received my final selection letter yesterday, EOD June 15th at LAX with academy June 30th. I called my PoC and left a message today. I’ll see what they say with regards to how EOD’s will be handled at my port. Even though there will likely be academy delays, I’m really glad that the EOD dates aren’t changing!

• SheepDogg
        SheepDogg commented
        Editing a comment
        ProtoCBP I EOD at LAX next Tuesday. Already received multiple emails and they are expecting me to show up! So I’m guessing you will keep your EOD. Good Luck.

• 19-2 Miami
      Regular announcement

I got the call an hour after doing my DT. I was able to get what I wanted which is Miami. I’ll be working at the airport. My EOD is 1/4/21. I was given the option for an early EOD in November and December, but chose January because wanted to spend the holidays here at home with family.

Comment

• cstephensiv
        cstephensiv commented
        Editing a comment
        I got my call today too, but Miami wasnt an option for me... I live in Jacksonville and will be moving somewhere north... Not sure yet still trying to figure out where to go... I even asked if Miami was available... smh.. lol. I'm thankful for getting the call and the whole wait being behind me...

Congrats officer!!!

• Manonfire6666
        Manonfire6666 commented
        Editing a comment
        19-3 Miami Airport

EOD 11/13/20
        Academy 12/1/20 - 4/9/21

• UPDATE

19-3

DT: 4/22/20 am
      Final Offer: 4/22/20 pm

Copied down 90% of POE available. Stay tune. Long list.

EOD: 11/13/20
      FLETC: 12/1/20 to 4/9/21
      Last edited by Manonfire6666; 04-22-2020, 09:38 PM.

Comment

• cstephensiv
        cstephensiv commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats!!! There was a lot of POE to choose from, but trying to figure out where to go

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
      Shift differentials are:

15% afternoons
      20% midnights
      50% Sundays
      100% holidays

Overtime is double-time.

The mean average for CBPOs overtime earnings is just short of 13K ...give or take. It fluctuates depending on circumstances and budgets. That includes CBPOs working no overtime and CBPOs who cap out at 45K and then get a cap waiver to exceed the cap. Overtime overall is very port specific.

Most ports aren't exactly heavy overtime producers. Typically, most overtime is found in larger ports and southern border ports.

As was said, it's GS pay, not GL pay. FWIW, the GL payscale only exists between GL-03 and GL-10...so it'll all revert to equal at the GS-11 level.
      So technically you can make up to 60K when you start at GS 5 including overtime and locality pay right?

Comment

• thelonelybum
        thelonelybum commented
        Editing a comment
        depending where you are you could make 80k

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        Technically, a person who starts as a GS-05 in a high locality pay area with steady differentials and a huge amount of overtime and with a cap waiver...that person could exceed 90K.

Realistically, one is unlikely to see much for overtime or differential pay during pre-academy. Again, one is unlikely to see much for overtime or differential pay during the academy. After the academy, chances are almost 100 percent of working day shifts with limited opportunities at differentials and overtime for months of post-academy training. By the time all that blows by, most of that first year will have been eaten up.

It'll depend on the circumstances at the port but I'll bet the average GS-05 would be very lucky to pull in that 60K under average circumstances.

• thelonelybum
        thelonelybum commented
        Editing a comment
        had an old coworker pull 100k as a GS5, 44% locality and maxed 45k yearly ot with differentials from ot.

• Alot of people is set to retire from CBP in the next 2 or 3 years. Most of you who did not get that favorable port would be able to transfer once that happens. Hold on tight guys !! Good luck to "us" all.

Comment

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        I wouldn't bet on any easy transfering within OFO. It seldom happens that way. Most opportunities to move are either seniority based, or they come with their own set of baggage.

• Originally posted by thelonelybum View Post
      had an old coworker pull 100k as a GS5, 44% locality and maxed 45k yearly ot with differentials from ot.
      Oh wow from the first year, I mean that is awesome, so location is what matter I guess to choose from.

Comment

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        Location is key.

If I were to bet, I'd bet there are multiples of GS-12 journeymen CBPOs making less than 100K for every one GS-05 CBPO making over 100K.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        And...at the moment at least, there's the pesky fact that the great Coronavirus fiasco is slamming most ports as far as the need for staffing on overtime goes. If the world takes awhile to fully bounce back as far as overall passenger traffic goes,(and, to a much lesser extent...cargo)...it may take months to never for traffic to pick up to the point that it drives an overall healthy overtime output.

Who knows?

Some current rumors out there involve RIFs...reduction in force, due to recent traffic not supporting the current numbers of people. I doubt we'll ever see a RIF...then again...who knows?

• 19-4

Got the call yesterday guys and made my decision today... Blaine, WA November 13th EOD and December 1st for the Academy...

I did elect to be called if an earlier spot opens, but given the circumstances with covid I doubt that would happen. Fingers crossed, ready to get this show on the road...

good luck guys and keep the faith!!!!

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Manonfire6666 I live in FL. Miami was on my 19-2 and it wasn't offered to me. did you pick "Miami as preferred loc"? cstephensiv oh man, you are going to WA too? You should have picked Seatac airport, we could be partner. haha... long move man.. I will be moving to WA in 4 weeks to EOD in Jul
        Last edited by V_AntCBP; 04-24-2020, 07:03 AM.

• cstephensiv
        cstephensiv commented
        Editing a comment
        V_AntCBP Seattle wasn't available for me. I offered all the same locations as Manonfire6666 except Florida...

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        cstephensiv oh damn, me too man, was offered all of those... Except FL. And we live in Florida.... Haha

• Manonfire6666
        Manonfire6666 commented
        Editing a comment
        @v_antcbp

Yes I chose Miami as preferred loc when I applied. I was going to push for it if they didn’t offered it. She told me that “we’re offering Miami area because that’s what you chose” I didn’t even have to negotiate. They offered me what I selected in the application.

• 19-3 GS-9 Regular Announcement

Preferred Location Chosen - Miami Area

Got the call and made a selection today. Here is my breakdown of the process followed by POE.

12/30/18 - Applied
      2/9/19 - NOR
      2/26/19 - SI - Pass - Fingerprints obtained
      3/6/19 - Medical - Additional documents requested later
      3/12/19 - PFT-1 - Pass
      5/6/19 - Medical - Additional documents / testing needed
      (30 day deadline)
      5/30/19 - Medical Response
      8/12/19 - Medical - Pass
      10/5/19 - Poly scheduled for 11/5/19
      11/5/19 - Poly - Verbal “Got enough data” neither pass or fail
      11/15/19 - Poly - Pass
      12/19/19 - Met BI
      1/17/20 - BI submitted
      4/19/20 - BI - Pass
      4/20/20 - Received call to schedule DT (email sent after)
      4/22/20 am - DT
      4/22/20 pm - THE CALL (requested 24 hours to make
      decision)
      4/23/20 - Left VM for decision - Phone call returned -
      Final Offer - Complete

POE Offered:

Duty locations offering 33% recruitment incentices:
      California: Calexico
      Arizona: Douglas, Lukesville, Nogales, San Luis

Duty locations offering 25% recruitment incentives:
      San Francisco, CA; Coburn Gore and Jackman, ME; Grand Portage, MN; Raymond and Sweetgrass, MT; Pembina, ND; and Oroville, WA, Presidio, TX

Duty Locations offering 15% recruitment incentives:
      Portal, ND

Duty Locations offering: Others
      San Francisco, Andrade, Otay Mesa (San Diego), San Yisidro, CA; Chicago, IL; Calais, Fort Fairfield, Madawaska and Van Buren, ME; Boston, MA; Detroit and Sault Sainte Marie, MI; Grand Portage, MN; Raymond and Sweetgrass, MT; Newark, NJ; Alexandria Bay, NY; Dunseith, Portal, ND; Derby Line, VT; Blaine, Oroville, Point Roberts and Seattle, WA; Eastport, ID

Preferred Location Chosen - Miami Area

Locations Offered:

Fort Lauderdale, FL
      Miami Seaport, FL
      Miami Airport, FL

Location Chosen: Miami Airport

EOD: 11/13/20 (Friday)
      FLETC: 12/1/20 (Tuesday) - 4/9/21 (Friday)

FYI for the “Call” and tips:

1. You have 24 hours to choose.
      2. You can call back ONE time after making final decision and before you EOD to ask what ports are available and change it if you hear a better port.
      3. You can call back ONE time after making final decision to push back your EOD.
      4. They will ask you if you want to be placed on an “earlier EOD date” if it becomes available. You will be notified of the earlier EOD and you can either choose to accept or decline. If you decline you still keep your Original EOD.

For all of you in this long process, be patient. It can be frustrating at times but be patient. The day will come for your “Call”

Good luck to everyone in this process. I will post information from FLETC
      Last edited by Manonfire6666; 04-25-2020, 08:14 AM.

Comment

• MattCBP
        MattCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Congratuations brother !! 19-3 VRA here !! Hopefully ill get my call soon, havent taken my DT test yet though

• Manonfire6666
        Manonfire6666 commented
        Editing a comment
        MattCBP
        Thank you sir! Is you BI complete? As VRA you can practically choose any port even though if it’s not available they will try and make it happen. Right now EOD is 11/13/20

• For those that were in FLETC, what size bag is enough to carry equipment and what equipment are you carrying?

Comment

• Kevin1234
        Kevin1234 commented
        Editing a comment
        No need, FLETC gives you a bag to carry what u need around campus. In it will have all your gears. Anything else you need would be around your utility belt. Every other item would fit in that Tactical Bag. Just walk with your clothes for the duration of stay, everything else will be given to you, or you can buy at FLETC Express. Dont over think it. When is your EOD?

• Pitey
        Pitey commented
        Editing a comment
        Aug 24th. I found a list awhile back from someone posting it. While I read the packing list I noticed there is an additional suitcase and was just curious on why and what for

• Rubicon
        Rubicon commented
        Editing a comment
        Room to take your new uniforms home with you.

• Has anyone else gotten the call without their background being cleared? I am almost sure that I didn’t put in for provisional clearance. I got the call Monday and then an investigator called me yesterday regarding my references. Is this usual?

Comment

• NYBseBall89
        NYBseBall89 commented
        Editing a comment
        Honestly after meeting with my BI my background was cleared in about a week or 2. I was surprised when I received the call. Maybe it's possible that it did clear and he was just double checking something after?

• QJSBlue
        QJSBlue commented
        Editing a comment
        NYBseBall89 1-2 weeks is pretty quick. And that could be a possibility. When I got the call, the app said I was 63% done. The next day my DT and final offer portion were checked green, putting me at 88%. The following day is when the investigator called and said she just wanted me to reach out to my references and that it was for security clearance and that she wanted to send everything in. She also asked if I met with an investigator yet (no) and said they may switch my case over to her.

• Kevin1234
        Kevin1234 commented
        Editing a comment
        You got Provisional clearance.. I'm in FLETC 6 weeks and my investigator came to see me at FLETC it still isnt cleared yet. And well you know we are all home until FLETC reopens

• QJSBlue
        QJSBlue commented
        Editing a comment
        Kevin1234 Oh okay; I see. Thank you. I hope you’re staying safe and well. Hopefully things will get back on track soon!

• I got my hearing waiver in yesterday and now I notice that my drug test went from pending to in progress. Is that odd considering I haven't cleared background or scheduled a polygraph yet? I'm 38% for cbpo and 25% for bpa. 20-4 direct hire southwest and jfk also.

Edit to add: I did accept eod pending provisional clearance.
      Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        Never trust CASS is the first thing you'll learn. As for provisional they only grant it to people after the Poly since the Poly is what they base it off of at least from what the DHS memo on provisional had said.

• Any CBP officers here assigned at Arkansas area and/or close by Arkansas area? I’m looking into Little Rock airport or Rogers Airport as my #1/#2 choice.
      Last edited by CBPO-DFW; 04-24-2020, 09:53 PM.

Comment

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        Years back I meet a guy who had been the acting Port Director of Little Rock. Back then, LR was a two man port. Rogers was a one man port.

More likely than not, things haven't changed there that much. You're probably looking at ports that almost never take in street hires and almost never open up to needing new staffing.

• Question regarding order of steps and CBP job app. I'm at 50%, 19-5, and it says Drug and BI are in progress but Poly is pending. Does that seem right? I thought it was poly then BI and drug. Thanks

Comment

• jdop7
        jdop7 commented
        Editing a comment
        I was in the process for two years. From what I gathered about the app for those two years, "pending" and "in progress" are no different. One day it'll say a certain part is pending, and then another day it'll say it's in progress and then another day it'll revert back to pending. Your poly should be next, then your BI, and then finally the drug test. Just keep waiting for the poly email, and don't worry about the "pending" or "in progress" note.

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        Got it, thanks. Jesus 2 years? Its only been a year and 2 months. Was really hoping to get a FO by the end of the year.

• jdop7
        jdop7 commented
        Editing a comment
        Everyone's time line is different. Getting an offer by the end of the year is definitely a possibility, but now with covid 19 delaying some things, the process is completely unpredictable. Honestly, getting hired by any federal agency will require a lot of patience. Just keep monitoring emails/phone calls

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the insight. CBP is my back up but I'd like to get the process going again as I'm not sure other agencies will keep me in my current location.

• Questions for those that have EOD already.

1. Did you return home prior to reporting to FLETC or did yo leave right from your port?

2. Did you get paid in that first pay period you started in or did it get held until the first full pay period?

Comment

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm at home on weather and safety leave until further notice. Was told just to work out and watch my email for instructions when FLETC reopens.

I was paid for the first pay period I worked on time because they started me on a full pay period.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5238 users online. 295 members and 4943 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X