300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deleted...…..
    Last edited by Jackpot40; 04-27-2020, 07:43 PM.

Comment

• Deleted.....
    Last edited by Jackpot40; 04-27-2020, 07:43 PM.

Comment

• 19-4 got the DT scheduled for tomorrow...

Comment

• David1984
        David1984 commented
        Editing a comment
        cstephensiv 19-2 same here

• cstephensiv
        cstephensiv commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm really hoping that some where in the southeast is going to be available. I'm certain it wont be though

• supNova95
        supNova95 commented
        Editing a comment
        Were you a Direct Hire, VRS, or Regular hire? Also what was your timeline?

• @supNova95

19-4
      I applied for regular and southern boarder
      applied end of 01/2019
      Fitness exam 03/2019
      Med 03/2019
      Med cleared 10/2019
      SI 04/04/2019 cleared in about a week give or take
      Poly 11/10/2019 cleared in about a week give or take
      BI interview 12/10/2019
      2nd BI interview 01/03/2019
      BI pass 04/18/2020
      DT 04/22/2020
      Offer still pending
      Last edited by cstephensiv; 04-21-2020, 12:30 PM.

Comment

• Question for those who have EOD'd or are about to EOD: the famous email that we are suppose to get 1-2 weeks before EOD date is that the Final Selection Letter or something totally different? Thanks

Comment

• spilker13
          spilker13 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes the email will have the letter with salary, dates, and instructions

• I EOD on a Tuesday and got to the academy on a Wednesday. My first day at FLETC was on a Thursday. So there really isnt any order with CBP/FLETC.

Comment

• Curious... Once I receive an offer and location availability. Do I have an option to be put on a waitlist for a specific location in hopes of getting it? I applied for a regular announcement. What are my options if I don’t like the locations offered at that time?

Any advise will be greatly appreciated.
          Last edited by David1984; 04-21-2020, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• Jackpot40
            Jackpot40 commented
            Editing a comment
            I was given 24 hours to pick a location. If you don’t you have to reapply, but not necessarily go they all the steps again. All the steps have expirations, i think most are 2-3 years except maybe the drug test and physical. Everything else if it’s been done without the last couple years will transfer over. You also can try to switch with someone I’ve heard.

• So I see some of you guys having two applications. Is there any benefit to doing that? I've only been on one figured that it's how it should be done

Comment

• TsFost
            TsFost commented
            Editing a comment
            I had 3 when I was in the process. One for BP, one for OFO standard hiring, and one for OFO direct hire. Can also depend on if people applied for different locations. Maybe one app for east coast, and one for west coast kind of thing, or even different pay grade applications.

• Hello,

19-11 regular hire for Los Angeles.
          Does any know if that application would still be valid if I apply for DH in the CA/MEX border?
          Thanks.

(And yes I really want to stay in CA lol)

Comment

• For everyone asking about applying to multiple applications. During the process I was told that whatever locations are on the application you applied for, is what you can go for if it's still available by the time you get to the end. If you want a location and it's not on the application you applied for, you may need to apply again. Everything transfer over between GS 5/7 and GS 9 as long as it's within its expiration date.

I applied for 5/7 and everything transferred to my 9 application except the physical which I took again because it was over a year.

When offered a position, they offered me starting with locations im my 5/7 application that were still available. Afterwards the person told me I didn't have to accept until I heard about the 9 locations. Obviously I took the 9 offer over the 5/7. Locations were different for both as position locations needed were different 2 years ago compared to half a year ago.

I hope this helps.

Comment

• nonotnow
              nonotnow commented
              Editing a comment
              How does this work if you're VRA? Same or different process?

• thelonelybum
              thelonelybum commented
              Editing a comment
              once you've completed something it doesn't expire till a year from that date I believe, and from what I've heard, VRA transfers over too as long as it hasn't expired

• nonotnow
              nonotnow commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks. As VRA if I want ewr should I even both w direct hire? I'm at 50% waiting on the ever elusive poly.

• Well, I'm officially out as a CBPO. 2 years & 4 months from notification letter with applicant ID till now. 2 years & 5 months from applying. Was found unsuitable on my background investigation.
            18-2

3/02/20: NOPA
            3/13/20: Response Sent
            4/22/20: Unsuitable
            5/04/20: Reapplied
            10/20/20: Pre-security Interview

Comment

• OKCsparrow
              OKCsparrow commented
              Editing a comment
              thelonelybum they said this decision is final. That's why they sent the NOPA letting me know that's what they were thinking and why I got to provide a response.

• OKCsparrow
              OKCsparrow commented
              Editing a comment
              I got a Article 15 back in February 2015 for a incident that happened in January 2015 while I was on Active Duty. A misunderstanding was all that was. And I failed my PT test in the Reserves. Got a Honorable Discharge from both.
              And my Supervisor in the Reserves basically lied to the background investigator so that didn't help.

• corsair
              corsair commented
              Editing a comment
              Damn sorry to hear sparrow

• thelonelybum
              thelonelybum commented
              Editing a comment
              if they say you can reapply, it might mean your answer to the NOPA questions

• I have a question about pay.

How much overtime can you do realistically? I’m going through the Secret Service and FBI SA processes. They let me easily enter at higher grades since I have a JD. But CBP lets me enter at GL-7 at most. If I could do a good chunk of the $45k in overtime the job posting mentions, then it may not be so bad...($37k starting salary is still absolutely horrendous, but it looks like you move up pretty quickly).

I also assume you get the shift differential pay. Anyone have firsthand experience with this? Thanks.

Comment

• corsair
              corsair commented
              Editing a comment
              How much is the differential pay? I'm assuming its a percentage.

• big_bob_69
              big_bob_69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Shift differential pay: 7.5% for night shift and 10% for overnight shift. I assume overtime is still time and a half.

It all sounds good, but what if you get hired on and then FLETC is closed down again and you're stuck making $37k for a year because there's no extra pay? Seems risky at the moment.

• TsFost
              TsFost commented
              Editing a comment
              You said GL7. If you're dealing with CBP and the GL scale I'm guessing you applied for BP? If not and you applied for OFO then you're looking at the GS scale. Depending on which the differentials and everything are different between the two scales.

• merlin436
              merlin436 commented
              Editing a comment
              Shift differentials are:

15% afternoons
              20% midnights
              50% Sundays
              100% holidays

Overtime is double-time.

The mean average for CBPOs overtime earnings is just short of 13K ...give or take. It fluctuates depending on circumstances and budgets. That includes CBPOs working no overtime and CBPOs who cap out at 45K and then get a cap waiver to exceed the cap. Overtime overall is very port specific.

Most ports aren't exactly heavy overtime producers. Typically, most overtime is found in larger ports and southern border ports.

As was said, it's GS pay, not GL pay. FWIW, the GL payscale only exists between GL-03 and GL-10...so it'll all revert to equal at the GS-11 level.

• Hey everyone, I have my medical exam tomorrow, I've already passed my PT... any advice?

Thanks

Comment

• TsFost
              TsFost commented
              Editing a comment
              It's a medical. Let the doctor get handsy and make sure if you wear contacts you bring a case/solution with you because you have to do the vision stuff both with and without correction.

• Just some updates coming out of FLETC

Comment

• Anyone else scheduled to EOD on October 19. Academy November 3?

I’m set to go to San Francisco. With the high cost of living, and going alone, I may be looking for a roommate at first. I’m a 30 year old female, (well I’ll be 31 then) no kids, maybe a dog lol

Comment

• thelonelybum
                thelonelybum commented
                Editing a comment
                I don't have the same EOD, I'm for September, but I'm set to go to SF also. I'm from SF and understand the cost of living. I have a buddy who's renting in San Bruno, they're looking for more housemates which is about 12 minutes to the airport.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3840 users online. 200 members and 3640 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X