Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contacted by a BI investigator on 4/8 to schedule my interview. Said they're still going forward, but there are some restrictions and procedure changes due to the pandemic. Good news for those lucky to take their polygraph before the lockdown.

Comment

• Rubicon
      Rubicon commented
      Editing a comment
      Met with the investigator today. He needs to talk to a few more references tomorrow, but I think he's done. He mentioned that today was the deadline, not sure what the holdup was. I guess they do all the background work they can before actually making contact.

• Rubicon
      Rubicon commented
      Editing a comment
      Followup today from investigator due to date mismatch from a former employer. Wait resumes...

• Finally made it through. EOD 10/7 Ft. Lauderdale. FLETC 10/23. Anyone else going during that time frame.

Comment

• Jafo1984
      Jafo1984 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey coworker I sent you a PM

• Ak47operator
      Ak47operator commented
      Editing a comment
      Chris Martin did they tell you if they pay for the move?

• Chris Martin
      Chris Martin commented
      Editing a comment
      Ak47operator it’s my understanding that you are on your own. I know for the 2 weeks of training at you Port you have to have your own lodging and transportation.

• Ak47operator
      Ak47operator commented
      Editing a comment
      Chris Martin Well I read somewhere that they didn’t. So just making sure. I’ll ask them when I get the call for sure. It’s kinda of not right for them not to pay for your first travel, especially if you’re travel east to west or vice versa. Didn’t we put enough time and money for the whole process? For some of us we have waited almost 2.5 years. I’m just happy I at the end to get the job.

• Hi everyone. I hope all of you are doing well.
    Here is my timeline. I applied for announcement 19-6.
    .4/19 -Test and Nor
    5/1/19 - Medical exam
    5/2/19- Fitness exam
    5/15/19-Si
    5/28/19- Eqip submitted
    10/22/19- Polygraph
    10/30/19- Equip resubmitted
    11/19/19 met with Bi
    12/4/19 - bi met with references
    Still waiting for BI to be cleared, drug test and offer( hopefully)

Comment

• JL85
      JL85 commented
      Editing a comment
      How many references are needed if you don’t mind me asking?

• For those waiting for the poly as long as I have, this is an email I got from CBP after inquiring about my status.

COVID-19: Polygraph operations at CBP will continue as normal. However, if you are ill, or traveling by air to attend a scheduled polygraph appointment, please request to cancel your test by contacting your examiner. Rescheduling is permitted following a COVID-19 cancellation. CBP strongly advises applicants to adhere to all local travel restrictions imposed to mitigate the spread of the virus. Tests canceled due to travel restrictions will be rescheduled. Please contact your examiner when you identify any travel problems.

Comment

• Redwings1993
      Redwings1993 commented
      Editing a comment
      corsair I’ve been waiting for the poly since last Summer, I feel you man. Been at it since Aug 2017...many people that applied after me are most likely officers by now haha.

• Florida_Man
      Florida_Man commented
      Editing a comment
      fonzi7979 I emailed ICADScheduling and it was an automatic response email.

• AM92
      AM92 commented
      Editing a comment
      Received an email back from CBP saying polygraphs have been temporarily suspended. and the wait continues..

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s amazing I cannot make any sense of the timeline I have been waiting for the polygraph over a year since I applied. I guess if it’s meant to be it will be at this point I don’t know who else to reach out to as everything is shutdown for the moment. Good luck to all and hang in there.

• Originally posted by JL85 View Post
    How many references are needed if you don’t mind me asking?
    Total of 11 or 12 people that include current and ex supervisors and coworkers, neighbour, spouse, friends.

Comment

• Hello, all.

I am a CBPO applicant who would be starting as a GS-7. I am currently stuck on the Medical review, because I did not meet the vision requirements. I have submitted a Medical Waiver request to the review board explaining my situation (i.e. despite not meeting the vision requirements, I can fare fine with corrected vision and still discern objects/details with uncorrected vision). I would like to ask if anyone has gone through the process of submitting a Medical Waiver request and actually got approved on it? How long did it take for it to be processed and approved? Thank you.

Timeline of my application:

1/20/20 Applied
      1/26/20 Entrance exam-- PASSED
      2/11/20 eQIP submitted (2/17 updated)
      2/18/20 Medical Appointment
      2/24/20 Fitness exam-- PASSED
      2/29/20 Medical Follow-up for visual acuity
      2/29/20 BI Fingerprints submitted
      3/9/20 Structured interview-- PASSED
      3/14/20 Medical Waiver request submitted

Comment

• IanCBP
        IanCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        I was 19-2 but I have the same vision problem you do. I request the waiver and never hear anything back. I did LASIK and reapply to 20-4. I am waiting for poly now. go get the surgery done and reapply after 90 days so you don't wast your time on waiting something uncertain.

• JL85
        JL85 commented
        Editing a comment
        I had additional medical stuff requested for something else, but it was actually quite fast for clearance. Took about a week and half. The nurses told me they’re working normally because they are of course essential and didn’t plan on slowing down due to the current pandemic, I’m 20-4 as well. Waiting for poly as well

• So update for those that asked me for one. Today was all about use of force, and weapons. Which ended with a trip to the range to get some practice with CBPs style of doing things. Shot the H&K since this port doesn't have the G19 yet.

Tomorrow is my last day of pre-academy at my temp PoE. My supervisor said starting next week I'll be going on paid leave until FLETC reopens, and if I'm needed for any random papers that cannot be completed over email they will let me know to come in. I asked about the loss of weather and safety leave that has been talked about online, but was told that for non officers that won't matter. So basically train every day like its the day before the academy. Don't know when it'll actually happen but will update if anything changes.

Good luck to those in the process, and those with upcoming EODs

Comment

• Jr90037
        Jr90037 commented
        Editing a comment
        Best of luck brother thanks for posting this really great info

• Jr90037
        Jr90037 commented
        Editing a comment
        For me my thought was I’m already and a law enforcement agency l didn’t want to sit at home making way less than l do now n the fact that l get married in Jan they couldn’t promise i would be back for my own wedding

• straightaim
        straightaim commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s great news. I’m starting in 2 weeks and I’m glad they’re still keeping start dates. I don’t mind being home, on payroll to work out and train until fletc reopens. I took a large paycut to get this job but If you’re in law enforcement and money is your priority, you’re in the wrong field, my opinion. I haven’t met any Leo’s that are rich. But most love what they do. Looking forward to getting onboard soon.

• Talonderiel
        Talonderiel commented
        Editing a comment
        TsFost congrats!! Eventually we will get back there. I have 3 weeks left to graduation, whenever they start back up.

I highly advise to keep working out... that's honestly the only real area of trouble for most trainees. Academics are easy if you pay attention.

• Originally posted by Eann86 View Post
      Ed1990 I received mine on the 6th as well and my dates are still the same. EOD 6/11/20, academy 6/26/20.
      Nice!!! Is this for Newark aswell??

Comment

• Eann86
        Eann86 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ed1990 No, I am southern border. My port will be in El Paso, Tx.

• Same thing she said

Comment

• deletedd..
        Last edited by AM92; 04-14-2020, 07:17 AM.

Comment

• Hello Everyone
          Long time reader of this forum. 19-2 EOD yesterday but I'm on admin leave until further notice. I was suppose to go over to FLETC April 26 but everything is postpone.

Comment

• fonzi7979
            fonzi7979 commented
            Editing a comment
            Greyhound8 congratulations I’m glad to see 19-2 announcement for JFK is completing the process. I hope to see everyone there one day. I am in 19-2 as well for JFK but unfortunately I have yet to be scheduled for the polygraph exam.

• Just to help my future colleagues: CBP candidate

Applied: MAR 2020
          Exam: 02 Mar 2020 PASSED
          SI: MAR 18
          SI RESULT: MAR 20 -> PASSED
          EQIP: APR 04
          Fingerprints: APR 09
          Medical/Fitness: MAR 20 Declined interview because of COVID..... now PENDING (Sent documents over for scheduling for April)

Application currently sitting at 25% complete

Comment

• Hey guys this is a question for those who eod recently and are out on admin what does that mean because I eod in a little less than 2 weeks I did receive a email that I do not have to report but I will still be getting paid I am employed currently and working from home am I able to keep my current job until it’s time to report? Thanks any information is appreciated

Comment

• Greyhound8
              Greyhound8 commented
              Editing a comment
              If you're a federal employee you are not allowed to work 2 federal jobs. I worked for TSA previously and I had to do my exit interview last week before entering with CBP. Again that my understating between TSA and CBP.

• Cxp1137
              Cxp1137 commented
              Editing a comment
              Okay I see , but my current job isn’t federal I’m just wondering if this is allowed before I resign from my job

• fort1978
              fort1978 commented
              Editing a comment
              Cxp1137 i was in the same boat as you and when i was sworn in i asked my POC and unfortunately you cannot keep both its against policy. I was told you technically are on working hours from 8am-4pm. You can work but it has to be after 4pm and it has to be approved by higher ups.

• Cxp1137
              Cxp1137 commented
              Editing a comment
              fort1978 thanks so much for the info

• fonzi7979 Thank you, It's a long process but it's all worth it at the end.

Comment

• fonzi7979
              fonzi7979 commented
              Editing a comment
              Your welcome. You can say that again I hope to be scheduled after this pandemic is under control. Everyone is trying to make sense of this long process after completing your SI the wait for the polygraph exam can be a long time. Thanks for the good words.

• Anyone have a polygraph recently? I've seen people have had them canceled.
            CBPO 19-4 - Switched to 19-8

CASS APP-50%
            EQIP - Completed
            Medical Exam - Completed
            Structured Interview - Completed
            Fitness Test - Completed
            Polygraph - TBD

Comment

• RB7744
              RB7744 commented
              Editing a comment
              Still waiting. If you get sched pls dm me, I’ll do the same. Still seeking EWR

• fonzi7979
              fonzi7979 commented
              Editing a comment
              corsair I’m still waiting to be scheduled and it has been put on hold since Covid19 virus.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6662 users online. 387 members and 6275 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X