300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by corsair View Post
    Ive been waiting over 13 months for the polygraph - theres nothing fast about this.
    This is so long while they say the hiring process is 6-9 months, I mean what is delaying you to get the polygraph, what is your manager recruiter have said about your status. I am just curious because I have seen a handful of applicants here have been waiting over a year or so and they have not yet been hired, I hope my process won't take that much but anyways good luck for all.

Comment

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      "This is in the range of normal" - I'm in NJ so the amount of applicants is very high. I find this process a bit laughable but i've been told by countless people, "Oh it's Federal thats why." I have nothing to lose but all to gain so i'm not going to cry myself to sleep waiting. If this works out it works out plain and simple. I have a decent job now and luckily i'm still able to work during this whole pandemic so we take everything day by day.

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      GilE1788 Everyones timeline is different. Mine took 3.5 months from application to final call. There are so many things that can speed up or slow it down. I will say one thing I did was stay on top of every email, volunteer to take the earliest dates available for all exams, or tests. When it came to the SI for instance I drove 5 hours away for my BP one and 4.5 hours away for my OFO one. Poly I offered to drive 6 hours for, but last min they offered for me to take it in Nashville at their Global Entry building. So yea I don't know if being willing to go all over helps but it certainly can't hurt.

• corsair I hear you just keep positive it will all work out I know it’s frustrating sometimes seeing all different time frames especially anyone that applied after the shutdown seems to be moving along smoothly for some. Keep us posted.

Comment

• As expected, I got the not medically cleared due to hearing email. But I'm allowed to submit a waiver request and I intend to do so. I've been a new York state leo for years and my hearing has never come into question before.
      Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

• Got my medical/PT tomorrow... any advice?

Comment

• JL85
          JL85 commented
          Editing a comment
          Don't overlook the step test! You got this!

• QJSBlue
          QJSBlue commented
          Editing a comment
          It’s so much easier said than done but just keep pushing. It’s mind over matter. Get an upbeat song in your head and just go! Good luck!!!!

• mike2010
          mike2010 commented
          Editing a comment
          PASSED! It was quite easy compared to other tests I’ve take . Got the medical next week. Will update you all

• So I emailed my case manager a while ago with some questions about making changes to my background packet including my address. All I got in return was an incomplete email template they used. (It was literally a "please fill in response here" kind of things).

Emailed back stating such and haven't heard since. You guys think I should try to reach out again or just wait till the next step and do all the updates then?

​​

Comment

• corsair
          corsair commented
          Editing a comment
          You can't make changes to your background once it gets released to OPR which is what I was told. Once you pass the polygraph you'll have to recertify it and can make changes at that point.

• Originally posted by TsFost View Post
        GilE1788 Everyones timeline is different. Mine took 3.5 months from application to final call. There are so many things that can speed up or slow it down. I will say one thing I did was stay on top of every email, volunteer to take the earliest dates available for all exams, or tests. When it came to the SI for instance I drove 5 hours away for my BP one and 4.5 hours away for my OFO one. Poly I offered to drive 6 hours for, but last min they offered for me to take it in Nashville at their Global Entry building. So yea I don't know if being willing to go all over helps but it certainly can't hurt.
        And now am stuck at the medical exam review sending back and forth emails to MHC to determine my eligibility from a previous elbow surgery I had 10 months ago to prove my ability to carry a weapon on duty and other job performances, where I am fully recovered from it. And you are right sometimes you got to go the extra mile to get the job done.

Comment

• Chris Martin
          Chris Martin commented
          Editing a comment
          I had to clear up an ACL reconstruction from last year. Send in every document you have on it. Mine got cleared up within a week or so

• CBPO-DFW
          CBPO-DFW commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow! urs r pretty quick

• 19-4
        Status update:

Just checked CASS and after 5 months of waiting I finally have a green check mark next to my background..... Im excited and scared all at the same time

Comment

• Rubicon
          Rubicon commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats! Hope you get the DT and final offer call soon.

• cstephensiv
          cstephensiv commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Rubicon, its been a helluva long wait to get to this point..... I'm stoked!

• I got my call yesterday, I accepted San Francisco California, though it was not a place I wanted but was told they have absolutely nothing on the south east coast. I'm sad but excited also, hope I can find someone to switch with me lol. Long time watcher, but my process took about 10 months completely thru. Good luck guys. EOD: Oct 19 Fletc Nov 3rd.

Comment

• CBPO-DFW
          CBPO-DFW commented
          Editing a comment
          Have they said anything if they got D.C location?

• Got the call this week also. 18-8 ... eod:10/3/20 fletc:11/3/20
        Definitely need patience for this process. Good luck y’all.

Comment

• K-9Unit
          K-9Unit commented
          Editing a comment
          Where did you end up? What locations were offered?

• CBPO-DFW
          CBPO-DFW commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats! What location did you pick?

• CBPO-DFW
          CBPO-DFW commented
          Editing a comment
          congrats!!!!

• commandostyle
          commandostyle commented
          Editing a comment
          thanks, Long Beach

• If you don’t accept the locations offered, do they automatically cross you out or are you able to be on “stand by”?

Comment

• Klumper23
          Klumper23 commented
          Editing a comment
          I believe you have to reapply, but everything should transfer over to the new application. With the understanding that everything is still within a valid window.

• Well at least I got an e-mail and update from OPR (CAD) today... more waiting though thanks to this virus. Just a heads up for everyone else in the process.

"I am contacting with respect to your application(s) for a Customs and Border Protection Officer (CBPO) position with U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency (CBP). The next step in your application process is to take your polygraph examination. Based on your listed home of record, your testing location was assigned to the closest location to you -- San Francisco, CA. However, this email is to notify you that CBP has suspended all polygraph examinations due to restrictions related to the current COVID-19 pandemic until further notice.

Please acknowledge receipt of this email.

Reply Requested

Thank you.
        Be well and stay safe."
        Last edited by SPX; 04-18-2020, 06:11 AM.

Comment

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          SPX I received a similar email from ICAD after reaching out to them. I’m 19-2 for JFK and still waiting to be scheduled for the polygraph exam. Hopefully soon.

• corsair
          corsair commented
          Editing a comment
          Im assuming some of us might see 3 years to get through the process.

• Maggie718
          Maggie718 commented
          Editing a comment
          I hope not :/

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          You can say that again. I hope not too.

• Anybody else EOD in November?

Comment

• CBPO-DFW
          CBPO-DFW commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe me? I'm waiting on my **** test and then the call!

• I may, I’m waiting for drug test. What location did you pick?

Comment

• JFK EOD Nov 9th.

Comment

• CBPO-DFW
            CBPO-DFW commented
            Editing a comment
            Did you want that location or that’s what they have on the table?

• I wanted it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4643 users online. 273 members and 4370 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X