Congrats man! Go get em!!!!

• Chris Martin
      Chris Martin commented
      Editing a comment
      I go to FLETC 10/23 as well.

• thelonelybum
      thelonelybum commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll see you guys there, I was originally same EOD and academy dates but they pushed me up since federal already? not sure how that works but my academy date is 10/3

• Jackpot40
      Jackpot40 commented
      Editing a comment
      We will be at the academy together I EOD a week after you, and I'm also headed to San Fran!!!

• Is there anyone here that's on the southern border of California? If so how is cost of living? I need ideas before I pick a location for my final offer.

Comment

• JL85
      JL85 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m still in the process and this is getting ahead of myself but I chose Southern California and if all goes well with my process Im thinking of going to AZ or TX because the COL is more manageable there than SD.

• Do you share your room or do you have your own room at FLETC? Been to a different fletc and I had a roommate.

Comment

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      nonotnow it depends on where they put you, building wise. The Rat houses (or Ghetto barracks) are one person to a room and 2 rooms share a common bathroom between them.

Building 98 was still single occupancy when I left, due to COVID shutdown, but the Taj was being set up for double occupants per room.

Hotels in town were mostly individuals to a room, though there were stories of two but I can confirm that.

Who knows once things start up again. We had 3 weeks left and I anticipate we, and most classes returning, will be working a ton of days straight to get their schedule back online.

After the hurricane shutdowns last year, there were classes that went 21 and 28 days straight before their first off day. Making that OT before even getting to their ports!

• nonotnow
      nonotnow commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the insight. Wow skipping weekends to catch up, they ain't playing!

• 2AB57357-FE01-4900-8F64-03884069FF3C.jpeg

Comment

• ES90
      ES90 commented
      Editing a comment
      That info appears to be from BP and may not be applicable to OFO.

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      I got an email like that though a few days before I EOD'd. Honestly can't find the email now but it said the same thing. This is my 2nd week of pre-academy so I'll let you all know what happens at the end of the normal pre-academy.

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      They just eliminated admin leave for working CBPOs on the northern and southern border. I wonder if they'll walk that leave back for new hires awaiting academy dates?

https://www.nteu.org/media-center/ne...4/07/cbpletter

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      merlin436 guess we'll find out as the days go on. Since currently it says northern and southern border ports it may still be going for those in the airports.

• Hi All 19-11:

Still @ 50% waiting on Poly, Drug and BI. Going on 6months from SI, 7 months from NOR. I’ll be reaching out to my recruiter at the end of this month to see if they can give any more update on Poly scheduling.

Comment

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      Ive been waiting over a year since receiving my SI results - I was told my time frame is within the "normal" range. Maybe you'll have better luck.
      Last edited by corsair; 04-07-2020, 11:35 AM.

• Originally posted by corsair View Post
    Do you have your timeline for EWR or what announcement you applied for. I'm originally 19-4 and still waiting for the poly.

Comment

• Originally posted by corsair View Post
      Do you have your timeline for EWR or what announcement you applied for. I'm originally 19-4 and still waiting for the poly.
      I’m 19-2. I applied Nov 2018.

09/22/2016

•CBP used my previous medical examination

11/28/2018

•CBP Fitness examination

11/29/2018

•CBP structured interview

4/19/2019

•CBP Polygraph examination

7/3/2019

•Finger print card received by cbp

Comment

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats Ed1990 I’m in 19-2 for JFK still waiting for polygraph to be scheduled. I guess the govt shutdown in 2018 created a back log.

• Originally posted by redfish112 View Post
      I EOD there July 22nd
      See you there

Comment

• I received my final selection letter yesterday.. eod still the same 6/8/2020 and academy date still the same 6/26/2020.

Comment

• Eann86
          Eann86 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ed1990 I received mine on the 6th as well and my dates are still the same. EOD 6/11/20, academy 6/26/20.

• Anyone from 17-11 still waiting?

Last time, I met the background investigator was 10/2019.
        Just waiting to be adjudicated, scheduled for drug test and final call.

Comment

• thelonelybum
          thelonelybum commented
          Editing a comment
          just be patient, met my investigator in September didn't get adjudicated till last month

• TsFost did your pto and sick hours transfer over with you?

Comment

• TsFost
          TsFost commented
          Editing a comment
          honestly no clue. I was told that they would. My EPP still shows TSA as my employer so I'm guessing after my first CBP paycheck it'll adjust and i'll be able to tell.

• Hey folks, I got asked about pay and locality pay in pm so I figured when one wants to know others may also. Here is OPMs GS scale pay with locality factored in. Play around with the different charts that will show annual and hourly. Be advised that this is just a base it will not take into effect shift differentials (Night, Sunday)

https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-over...eral-schedule/

Comment

• I hope everyone is safe and well. Just wanted to provide an update since my last post:

3/23/20- Transcript requested

3/31/20 - e-QIP submitted to OPR, fingerprint scheduling requested

4/3/20 - Completed fingerprinting requirements

4/7/20 - Contacted to schedule drug test

4/8/2020 - Drug test requirements completed

I spoke to someone in HR a few days ago regarding my transcript, and she stated that I was really close to being finished with the process. Hopefully I get the call soon!

Comment

• Hey guys just wanted to give you guys a update

applied December 2018

medical 03/10/19

pt 3/12/19

si 4/12/19

poly 11/7/19

bi met my parents in fl on 12/19/19

final offer 12/19/19 Jfk eod 4/28

i met with bi 1/21/20

bi cleared 4/3/20

I was granted provisional just glad I’m at 100% before eod

Comment

• assembly-jef
              assembly-jef commented
              Editing a comment
              That’s Great! I EOD 4/30 JFK.

• MattCBP
              MattCBP commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey Boss are you Announcement 19-3 ? Cxp1137

• Has anyone picked a location and later decided it wasn't the best location.Dis you have to reapply or did they allow you to just change your location?

Comment

• Talonderiel
              Talonderiel commented
              Editing a comment
              Wanderlust_ If you have EOD, then you have to find another Academy Trainee or a junior Officer to swap posts with you.

If you haven't EOD yet, you can try to get it switched with the HQ. I have 3 in my Academy class were trying to get their POEs changed but only 1 succeeded. Because he was willing to go to a POE everyone wants out of and swapped easily.

If the desired POE is within the same Field Office, you can request to change your POE when you EOD as the DFO and OFO staff control manning for the entire Field Office.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4555 users online. 198 members and 4357 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X