300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eann86 View Post
    Ed1990 I received mine on the 6th as well and my dates are still the same. EOD 6/11/20, academy 6/26/20.
    Nice!!! Is this for Newark aswell??

Comment

• Eann86
      Eann86 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ed1990 No, I am southern border. My port will be in El Paso, Tx.

• Same thing she said

Comment

• deletedd..
      Last edited by AM92; 04-14-2020, 07:17 AM.

Comment

• Hello Everyone
        Long time reader of this forum. 19-2 EOD yesterday but I'm on admin leave until further notice. I was suppose to go over to FLETC April 26 but everything is postpone.

Comment

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          Greyhound8 congratulations I’m glad to see 19-2 announcement for JFK is completing the process. I hope to see everyone there one day. I am in 19-2 as well for JFK but unfortunately I have yet to be scheduled for the polygraph exam.

• Just to help my future colleagues: CBP candidate

Applied: MAR 2020
        Exam: 02 Mar 2020 PASSED
        SI: MAR 18
        SI RESULT: MAR 20 -> PASSED
        EQIP: APR 04
        Fingerprints: APR 09
        Medical/Fitness: MAR 20 Declined interview because of COVID..... now PENDING (Sent documents over for scheduling for April)

Application currently sitting at 25% complete

Comment

• Hey guys this is a question for those who eod recently and are out on admin what does that mean because I eod in a little less than 2 weeks I did receive a email that I do not have to report but I will still be getting paid I am employed currently and working from home am I able to keep my current job until it’s time to report? Thanks any information is appreciated

Comment

• Greyhound8
            Greyhound8 commented
            Editing a comment
            If you're a federal employee you are not allowed to work 2 federal jobs. I worked for TSA previously and I had to do my exit interview last week before entering with CBP. Again that my understating between TSA and CBP.

• Cxp1137
            Cxp1137 commented
            Editing a comment
            Okay I see , but my current job isn’t federal I’m just wondering if this is allowed before I resign from my job

• fort1978
            fort1978 commented
            Editing a comment
            Cxp1137 i was in the same boat as you and when i was sworn in i asked my POC and unfortunately you cannot keep both its against policy. I was told you technically are on working hours from 8am-4pm. You can work but it has to be after 4pm and it has to be approved by higher ups.

• Cxp1137
            Cxp1137 commented
            Editing a comment
            fort1978 thanks so much for the info

• fonzi7979 Thank you, It's a long process but it's all worth it at the end.

Comment

• fonzi7979
            fonzi7979 commented
            Editing a comment
            Your welcome. You can say that again I hope to be scheduled after this pandemic is under control. Everyone is trying to make sense of this long process after completing your SI the wait for the polygraph exam can be a long time. Thanks for the good words.

• Anyone have a polygraph recently? I've seen people have had them canceled.
          CBPO 19-4 - Switched to 19-8

CASS APP-50%
          EQIP - Completed
          Medical Exam - Completed
          Structured Interview - Completed
          Fitness Test - Completed
          Polygraph - TBD

Comment

• RB7744
            RB7744 commented
            Editing a comment
            Still waiting. If you get sched pls dm me, I’ll do the same. Still seeking EWR

• fonzi7979
            fonzi7979 commented
            Editing a comment
            corsair I’m still waiting to be scheduled and it has been put on hold since Covid19 virus.

• Cxp1137 If not federal then I believe you are able to keep both. Just keep in mind once you EOD and put on Leave you can be called back to port at anytime.

Comment

• Cxp1137
            Cxp1137 commented
            Editing a comment
            Okay thanks

• Nousername1
            Nousername1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Cxp1137 I want to share the following info I received: You must resign or terminate prior employment. Pre-approval is required to engage in “outside employment”.

• Hey all,

Applied in Feb 2020, am in CBP 20-5, and I was supposed to have my SI in 2 days on the 4/16 but unfortunately it got canceled due to COVID-19 and now it is pending, so my guess it is going to be a long road for everybody here since everything is on hold and postponed. I believe most of you guys are also receiving cancellation emails too?
          Standing at 25% in CASS so far done with EQIP, Fitness Exam, Medical Exam is still under review. Best of luck to all !!

Comment

• I was able to see an audiologist yesterday just before my medical review deadline. The signal noise ratio test they have you do is crazy. They pump in static at 45 decibels and have a voice at 50 decibels and you have to identify the word they say. Its like working in a newspaper printing operation and trying to hear someone at conversation level volume over the loud machines. I have minor high frequency hearing loss but without the noise I could recognize words 100% of the time. With the noise, I could hear 32%. When the word was bumped up to 55 decibels I heard 72%. I'm worried I'm going to get a NOPA over this. I'm a current LEO in New York and passed two hearing tests for different jobs and was never placed on review before. It was rationalized by the Audiologist that years of shooting firearms may have caused the high frequency hearing loss, so I'd recommend ear plugs in addition to ear muffs to anyone who shoots. I've only used muffs my entire life, but I'm going to double it up from now on.
            Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

• Process so far..... anyone 18-12 or earlier still hanging on?

Applied 08/2018
              Entrance Exam 08/2018
              Medical / Interview / PFT1 / Fingerprints (Expo - hiring) 08/2018
              Medical cleared 11/2018
              Polygraph 04/2019
              BI Interview 04/2019
              BI Submitted 05/2019
              BI cleared - Pending
              Drug test - Pending
              EOD - Pending

Comment

• OKCsparrow
                OKCsparrow commented
                Editing a comment
                18-3 here. Still in it

• CBPO-DFW
                CBPO-DFW commented
                Editing a comment
                We are on the same boat as far as the time go. My BI got clear last week and waiting on my drug test... ya think I may get the call within a month or two? Also, shall I do my physical again? Because it’s over a year & half?

• Ak47operator
                Ak47operator commented
                Editing a comment
                I’m also 18-3. Just got BI cleared and waiting on Drug test call.

• MissAmitious
                MissAmitious commented
                Editing a comment
                CBPO-DFW you be getting your call any day now. I don't see you having to take the physical again. I know there was good info a few pages down regarding the particulars though. If I remember correctly you only have to worry about retaking it of you reapply under another announcement after so much time has passed. Best of luck man!!

• I submitted my background packet last week and got notification it was sent to OPM, took my fingerprints today and will be doing the medical tomorrow. This process is going fast!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• corsair
                corsair commented
                Editing a comment
                Ive been waiting over 13 months for the polygraph - theres nothing fast about this.

• Originally posted by Showtime0811 View Post
              I submitted my background packet last week and got notification it was sent to OPM, took my fingerprints today and will be doing the medical tomorrow. This process is going fast!!!!!!!!!
              Fast in the beginning bro lmfao

Comment

• The real wait begins !

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4879 users online. 285 members and 4594 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X