• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by redfish112 View Post
    I EOD there July 22nd
    See you there

Comment

• I received my final selection letter yesterday.. eod still the same 6/8/2020 and academy date still the same 6/26/2020.

Comment

• Eann86
        Eann86 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ed1990 I received mine on the 6th as well and my dates are still the same. EOD 6/11/20, academy 6/26/20.

• Anyone from 17-11 still waiting?

Last time, I met the background investigator was 10/2019.
      Just waiting to be adjudicated, scheduled for drug test and final call.

Comment

• thelonelybum
        thelonelybum commented
        Editing a comment
        just be patient, met my investigator in September didn't get adjudicated till last month

• TsFost did your pto and sick hours transfer over with you?

Comment

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        honestly no clue. I was told that they would. My EPP still shows TSA as my employer so I'm guessing after my first CBP paycheck it'll adjust and i'll be able to tell.

• Hey folks, I got asked about pay and locality pay in pm so I figured when one wants to know others may also. Here is OPMs GS scale pay with locality factored in. Play around with the different charts that will show annual and hourly. Be advised that this is just a base it will not take into effect shift differentials (Night, Sunday)

https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-over...eral-schedule/

Comment

• I hope everyone is safe and well. Just wanted to provide an update since my last post:

3/23/20- Transcript requested

3/31/20 - e-QIP submitted to OPR, fingerprint scheduling requested

4/3/20 - Completed fingerprinting requirements

4/7/20 - Contacted to schedule drug test

4/8/2020 - Drug test requirements completed

I spoke to someone in HR a few days ago regarding my transcript, and she stated that I was really close to being finished with the process. Hopefully I get the call soon!

Comment

• Hey guys just wanted to give you guys a update

applied December 2018

medical 03/10/19

pt 3/12/19

si 4/12/19

poly 11/7/19

bi met my parents in fl on 12/19/19

final offer 12/19/19 Jfk eod 4/28

i met with bi 1/21/20

bi cleared 4/3/20

I was granted provisional just glad I’m at 100% before eod

Comment

• assembly-jef
            assembly-jef commented
            Editing a comment
            That’s Great! I EOD 4/30 JFK.

• MattCBP
            MattCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey Boss are you Announcement 19-3 ? Cxp1137

• Has anyone picked a location and later decided it wasn't the best location.Dis you have to reapply or did they allow you to just change your location?

Comment

• Talonderiel
            Talonderiel commented
            Editing a comment
            Wanderlust_ If you have EOD, then you have to find another Academy Trainee or a junior Officer to swap posts with you.

If you haven't EOD yet, you can try to get it switched with the HQ. I have 3 in my Academy class were trying to get their POEs changed but only 1 succeeded. Because he was willing to go to a POE everyone wants out of and swapped easily.

If the desired POE is within the same Field Office, you can request to change your POE when you EOD as the DFO and OFO staff control manning for the entire Field Office.

• Contacted by a BI investigator on 4/8 to schedule my interview. Said they're still going forward, but there are some restrictions and procedure changes due to the pandemic. Good news for those lucky to take their polygraph before the lockdown.

Comment

• Rubicon
            Rubicon commented
            Editing a comment
            Met with the investigator today. He needs to talk to a few more references tomorrow, but I think he's done. He mentioned that today was the deadline, not sure what the holdup was. I guess they do all the background work they can before actually making contact.

• Rubicon
            Rubicon commented
            Editing a comment
            Followup today from investigator due to date mismatch from a former employer. Wait resumes...

• Finally made it through. EOD 10/7 Ft. Lauderdale. FLETC 10/23. Anyone else going during that time frame.

Comment

• Jafo1984
            Jafo1984 commented
            Editing a comment
            Cxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
            Last edited by Jafo1984; 09-23-2020, 04:49 AM.

• Ak47operator
            Ak47operator commented
            Editing a comment
            Chris Martin did they tell you if they pay for the move?

• Chris Martin
            Chris Martin commented
            Editing a comment
            Ak47operator it’s my understanding that you are on your own. I know for the 2 weeks of training at you Port you have to have your own lodging and transportation.

• Ak47operator
            Ak47operator commented
            Editing a comment
            Chris Martin Well I read somewhere that they didn’t. So just making sure. I’ll ask them when I get the call for sure. It’s kinda of not right for them not to pay for your first travel, especially if you’re travel east to west or vice versa. Didn’t we put enough time and money for the whole process? For some of us we have waited almost 2.5 years. I’m just happy I at the end to get the job.

• Hi everyone. I hope all of you are doing well.
          Here is my timeline. I applied for announcement 19-6.
          .4/19 -Test and Nor
          5/1/19 - Medical exam
          5/2/19- Fitness exam
          5/15/19-Si
          5/28/19- Eqip submitted
          10/22/19- Polygraph
          10/30/19- Equip resubmitted
          11/19/19 met with Bi
          12/4/19 - bi met with references
          Still waiting for BI to be cleared, drug test and offer( hopefully)

Comment

• JL85
            JL85 commented
            Editing a comment
            How many references are needed if you don’t mind me asking?

• For those waiting for the poly as long as I have, this is an email I got from CBP after inquiring about my status.

COVID-19: Polygraph operations at CBP will continue as normal. However, if you are ill, or traveling by air to attend a scheduled polygraph appointment, please request to cancel your test by contacting your examiner. Rescheduling is permitted following a COVID-19 cancellation. CBP strongly advises applicants to adhere to all local travel restrictions imposed to mitigate the spread of the virus. Tests canceled due to travel restrictions will be rescheduled. Please contact your examiner when you identify any travel problems.

Comment

• Redwings1993
            Redwings1993 commented
            Editing a comment
            corsair I’ve been waiting for the poly since last Summer, I feel you man. Been at it since Aug 2017...many people that applied after me are most likely officers by now haha.

• Florida_Man
            Florida_Man commented
            Editing a comment
            fonzi7979 I emailed ICADScheduling and it was an automatic response email.

• AM92
            AM92 commented
            Editing a comment
            Received an email back from CBP saying polygraphs have been temporarily suspended. and the wait continues..

• fonzi7979
            fonzi7979 commented
            Editing a comment
            It’s amazing I cannot make any sense of the timeline I have been waiting for the polygraph over a year since I applied. I guess if it’s meant to be it will be at this point I don’t know who else to reach out to as everything is shutdown for the moment. Good luck to all and hang in there.

• Originally posted by JL85 View Post
          How many references are needed if you don’t mind me asking?
          Total of 11 or 12 people that include current and ex supervisors and coworkers, neighbour, spouse, friends.

Comment

• Hello, all.

I am a CBPO applicant who would be starting as a GS-7. I am currently stuck on the Medical review, because I did not meet the vision requirements. I have submitted a Medical Waiver request to the review board explaining my situation (i.e. despite not meeting the vision requirements, I can fare fine with corrected vision and still discern objects/details with uncorrected vision). I would like to ask if anyone has gone through the process of submitting a Medical Waiver request and actually got approved on it? How long did it take for it to be processed and approved? Thank you.

Timeline of my application:

1/20/20 Applied
            1/26/20 Entrance exam-- PASSED
            2/11/20 eQIP submitted (2/17 updated)
            2/18/20 Medical Appointment
            2/24/20 Fitness exam-- PASSED
            2/29/20 Medical Follow-up for visual acuity
            2/29/20 BI Fingerprints submitted
            3/9/20 Structured interview-- PASSED
            3/14/20 Medical Waiver request submitted

Comment

• IanCBP
              IanCBP commented
              Editing a comment
              I was 19-2 but I have the same vision problem you do. I request the waiver and never hear anything back. I did LASIK and reapply to 20-4. I am waiting for poly now. go get the surgery done and reapply after 90 days so you don't wast your time on waiting something uncertain.

• JL85
              JL85 commented
              Editing a comment
              I had additional medical stuff requested for something else, but it was actually quite fast for clearance. Took about a week and half. The nurses told me they’re working normally because they are of course essential and didn’t plan on slowing down due to the current pandemic, I’m 20-4 as well. Waiting for poly as well

• So update for those that asked me for one. Today was all about use of force, and weapons. Which ended with a trip to the range to get some practice with CBPs style of doing things. Shot the H&K since this port doesn't have the G19 yet.

Tomorrow is my last day of pre-academy at my temp PoE. My supervisor said starting next week I'll be going on paid leave until FLETC reopens, and if I'm needed for any random papers that cannot be completed over email they will let me know to come in. I asked about the loss of weather and safety leave that has been talked about online, but was told that for non officers that won't matter. So basically train every day like its the day before the academy. Don't know when it'll actually happen but will update if anything changes.

Good luck to those in the process, and those with upcoming EODs

Comment

• Jr90037
              Jr90037 commented
              Editing a comment
              Best of luck brother thanks for posting this really great info

• Jr90037
              Jr90037 commented
              Editing a comment
              For me my thought was I’m already and a law enforcement agency l didn’t want to sit at home making way less than l do now n the fact that l get married in Jan they couldn’t promise i would be back for my own wedding

• straightaim
              straightaim commented
              Editing a comment
              That’s great news. I’m starting in 2 weeks and I’m glad they’re still keeping start dates. I don’t mind being home, on payroll to work out and train until fletc reopens. I took a large paycut to get this job but If you’re in law enforcement and money is your priority, you’re in the wrong field, my opinion. I haven’t met any Leo’s that are rich. But most love what they do. Looking forward to getting onboard soon.

• Talonderiel
              Talonderiel commented
              Editing a comment
              TsFost congrats!! Eventually we will get back there. I have 3 weeks left to graduation, whenever they start back up.

I highly advise to keep working out... that's honestly the only real area of trouble for most trainees. Academics are easy if you pay attention.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4687 users online. 282 members and 4405 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X