Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I understand the virus is rampant now more than ever, however, I still can't believe in 4 short weeks I will be one year into this process and still remain at 50% complete pending a poly, background and drug screening. Very disheartening to see others apply after me and complete the entirety of the process before me.
    Last edited by PA_Ed; 04-03-2020, 10:58 AM.

Comment

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      corsair I’m right behind you still waiting to be scheduled. Hopefully soon we shall receive the email or call for the polygraph.

• OKCsparrow
      OKCsparrow commented
      Editing a comment
      I've been at 63% for 10 months now. It doesn't get any faster.

• Maggie718
      Maggie718 commented
      Editing a comment
      I too am at 50%.....waiting patiently to get scheduled for the poly. I’m already at 14 months since I first applied and now with this pandemic, and recent email....I’m afraid the wait will be longer.

• bmak18
      bmak18 commented
      Editing a comment
      It might be the port you’ve chosen. I applied 12/2019 and hit 50% in 2 months. From everything I’ve read the East and Southern coasts take much longer.

• I just applied for the GS- 5 position and took my In person exam the other day. Nevertheless, today they just posted the same position but a direct hire. Is there anyway I can switch over? Also does the direct hire actually make that much of a difference for a GS-5 position? Thanks.

Comment

• 82Root
      82Root commented
      Editing a comment
      If you have any issues in background or medical, you move no faster.

• Beaueeeazy
      Beaueeeazy commented
      Editing a comment
      Just apply for the position. You can apply for the multiple announcements and they'll use your exam results after a year to any announcement. They'll filter out which one you will be in during the final offer stage

• Looks like they pushing applicants through drug test before clearing BI

Just got a call to do my Drug Test and I didn't even start my BI yet I am pretty sure I don’t have provisional clearance either.
    Last edited by simonxu2; 04-01-2020, 02:02 PM.

Comment

• tx_forever
      tx_forever commented
      Editing a comment
      simonxu2 southwest border?

• simonxu2
      simonxu2 commented
      Editing a comment
      No, I applied to VRA

• AM92
      AM92 commented
      Editing a comment
      so you're 20-3 and already scheduled for drug test? wow

• Wanderlust_
      Wanderlust_ commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I took my drug test yesterday and my Bi hasn't started. I am application cycle 20-1.

• I think direct hire works great if you are VRA, Or have a squeaky clean background, and have lived in one place lol. Who knows ? Just be happy to be apart of the process and keep hope alive.

Comment

• simonxu2 Say what? What you talking bout Willis? Lmao

Comment

• How long does it take for background to clear? I just submitted mine today.

Comment

• OKCsparrow
          OKCsparrow commented
          Editing a comment
          Took me 7.5 months till I got my NOPA. Tomorrow will be 3 weeks since I sent in my response. That was from when my BI submitted my packet.

• deleted....
        Last edited by Bay recruit ; 04-06-2020, 11:33 AM.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          If they let you take Drug test, you should be good to go....

• Hey guys and gals, just wanted to let y’all know. My Poly was scheduled for late April, and now has been cancelled due to travel restrictions. Hope others are getting better news.
        USMC-6322 Comm/Nav Tech
        Oorah!

Comment

• StevenMal
          StevenMal commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry to hear that bud hopefully this covid rolls over soon

• 813Deputy2b
          813Deputy2b commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks homie

• I took my drug test yesterday and when I was at the facility i received an email to redo my fingerprints( I did them in January )does this mean they are starting my BI? I am application cycle 20-1.
        Last edited by Wanderlust_; 04-02-2020, 08:52 AM.

Comment

• corsair
          corsair commented
          Editing a comment
          Amazing how quick the process is for some people, I'm assuming you picked the border?

• tx_forever
          tx_forever commented
          Editing a comment
          Did you apply to VRA?

• JL85
          JL85 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice, did you take your poly already? I'm 20-4 and i'm still awaiting for poly, bi clearance and drug test. What location did you apply at?

• Wanderlust_
          Wanderlust_ commented
          Editing a comment
          I did not pick the border and IAM not a VRA .I currently hold another government job with no prior L.E.O experience.I took my original poly on 2/14 and had to go back for additional testing on 3/11.

• Just moved my EOD from April 21 to feb 26 I’m getting married Jan 2 idk when they were going to send me to academy so l had to postpone

Comment

• Must be nice. ;-/

Comment

• Got the call today

19-7 CBPO- Direct Hire Southern Border
          4/5/19: Applied
          5/20/19: Medical Exam
          5/28/19: Fitness Exam (PASS)
          6/6/19: SI (PASS)
          8/8/19: Additional Medical Cleared (PASS)
          9/5/19: Polygraph (PASS)
          9/24/19: Fingerprints
          10/10/19: Re-Submitted EQIP
          11/5/19: Met with BI
          3/24/20: BI cleared (PASS)
          3/31/20 : Drug Test
          4/2/20: Final Call

POE: Brownsville, Tx
          EOD: 10/5/2020
          FLETC:10/21/2020

Comment

• JL85
            JL85 commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice, heard good things about Brownsville, enjoy your journey brotha!

• 813Deputy2b
            813Deputy2b commented
            Editing a comment
            Awesome man! Congrats! Starting to wish I would’ve applied to the southern border lol! Go get em!

• JL85
            JL85 commented
            Editing a comment
            813Deputy2b It seems southern border applicants move a little faster it seems like

• So update for those with EODs closing in.

I'm at the end of my first week. We are following the standard pre-academy timeline as far as online learning. Although the port is on a mitigated schedule. So I'm working 4 hour days currently with the rest being admin leave. Luckily there are things I can do on non gov computers that I can do at home, and i'm using the rest of the time for daily workouts. Keep your heads up guys and gals because it'll all work out in the end. My supervisor is hoping to get some range time in next week. Said she may have a handful of us go out to an outdoor range so we can all practice the new firearm quals (they are getting ready to swap to the G19 here so still rocking the H&Ks)

Comment

• Cxp1137
            Cxp1137 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks so much for the info!

• fort1978
            fort1978 commented
            Editing a comment
            TsFost so you say you are only working 4hrs a day? Are you still getting paid for the full 8hrs or just getting paid a 4hr day?

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            I wouldn't bet on the notion that a lengthier pre-academy might translate into shorter Academy time.

Then again, who really knows? This whole thing is unprecedented. Many things that were fantasy 6 months ago are today's reality.

• TsFost
            TsFost commented
            Editing a comment
            fort1978 the rest is paid admin leave. At least till the end of next week. We are just playing it day to day.

• 19-3 STILL waiting for a polygraph. I’m OVER it!

Comment

• SPX
            SPX commented
            Editing a comment
            19-2
            I feel you. Cleared my medical March 2019 with no delays... been waiting for a polygraph ever since.

• Maggie718
            Maggie718 commented
            Editing a comment
            Florida_Man ha! I too am 19-3 and waiting for the poly....I’m losing my patience

• fonzi7979
            fonzi7979 commented
            Editing a comment
            Florida_Man as you know I’m waiting also 19-2 for JFK be patient as you been so far you will get through this and be scheduled.

• OKCsparrow
            OKCsparrow commented
            Editing a comment
            18-3 and I'm still on background

• Email just went out, "A Message from CBP: COVID-19 Hiring Update"

We want to reassure you that CBP is still hiring, despite delays with some hiring process steps due to COVID-19 restrictions that impact in-person activities.

In this ever changing environment, we are committed to keeping you informed on COVID-19 impacts to the overall hiring process.

We are taking immediate action to help our applicants move forward in the hiring process, including:
          Looking at virtual solutions to protect the workforce that would allow us to resume or continue scheduling and conducting hiring steps that are impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
          Providing individual notices to applicants directly impacted by the pandemic. If there are process changes that affect you specifically, you will be contacted by someone from CBP to coordinate any rescheduling or extensions.
          Continuing to bring new personnel onboard to serve CBP’s mission.
          Last edited by corsair; 04-03-2020, 11:24 AM.
          CBPO 19-4 - Switched to 19-8

CASS APP-50%
          EQIP - Completed
          Medical Exam - Completed
          Structured Interview - Completed
          Fitness Test - Completed
          Polygraph - TBD

Comment

• standtheman
            standtheman commented
            Editing a comment
            just received the same email..

• corsair
            corsair commented
            Editing a comment
            Edited my comment
            Last edited by corsair; 04-03-2020, 12:27 PM.

• fonzi7979
            fonzi7979 commented
            Editing a comment
            I received that email as well so hopefully after we all get through the pandemic we should start see scheduling for the polygraph exam. Be safe and stay positive to all.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6822 users online. 352 members and 6470 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X