Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys and gals, just wanted to let y’all know. My Poly was scheduled for late April, and now has been cancelled due to travel restrictions. Hope others are getting better news.
    USMC-6322 Comm/Nav Tech
    Oorah!

Comment

• StevenMal
      StevenMal commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry to hear that bud hopefully this covid rolls over soon

• 813Deputy2b
      813Deputy2b commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks homie

• I took my drug test yesterday and when I was at the facility i received an email to redo my fingerprints( I did them in January )does this mean they are starting my BI? I am application cycle 20-1.
    Last edited by Wanderlust_; 04-02-2020, 08:52 AM.

Comment

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      Amazing how quick the process is for some people, I'm assuming you picked the border?

• tx_forever
      tx_forever commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you apply to VRA?

• JL85
      JL85 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice, did you take your poly already? I'm 20-4 and i'm still awaiting for poly, bi clearance and drug test. What location did you apply at?

• Wanderlust_
      Wanderlust_ commented
      Editing a comment
      I did not pick the border and IAM not a VRA .I currently hold another government job with no prior L.E.O experience.I took my original poly on 2/14 and had to go back for additional testing on 3/11.

• Just moved my EOD from April 21 to feb 26 I’m getting married Jan 2 idk when they were going to send me to academy so l had to postpone

Comment

• Must be nice. ;-/

Comment

• Got the call today

19-7 CBPO- Direct Hire Southern Border
      4/5/19: Applied
      5/20/19: Medical Exam
      5/28/19: Fitness Exam (PASS)
      6/6/19: SI (PASS)
      8/8/19: Additional Medical Cleared (PASS)
      9/5/19: Polygraph (PASS)
      9/24/19: Fingerprints
      10/10/19: Re-Submitted EQIP
      11/5/19: Met with BI
      3/24/20: BI cleared (PASS)
      3/31/20 : Drug Test
      4/2/20: Final Call

POE: Brownsville, Tx
      EOD: 10/5/2020
      FLETC:10/21/2020

Comment

• JL85
        JL85 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice, heard good things about Brownsville, enjoy your journey brotha!

• 813Deputy2b
        813Deputy2b commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome man! Congrats! Starting to wish I would’ve applied to the southern border lol! Go get em!

• JL85
        JL85 commented
        Editing a comment
        813Deputy2b It seems southern border applicants move a little faster it seems like

• So update for those with EODs closing in.

I'm at the end of my first week. We are following the standard pre-academy timeline as far as online learning. Although the port is on a mitigated schedule. So I'm working 4 hour days currently with the rest being admin leave. Luckily there are things I can do on non gov computers that I can do at home, and i'm using the rest of the time for daily workouts. Keep your heads up guys and gals because it'll all work out in the end. My supervisor is hoping to get some range time in next week. Said she may have a handful of us go out to an outdoor range so we can all practice the new firearm quals (they are getting ready to swap to the G19 here so still rocking the H&Ks)

Comment

• Cxp1137
        Cxp1137 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks so much for the info!

• fort1978
        fort1978 commented
        Editing a comment
        TsFost so you say you are only working 4hrs a day? Are you still getting paid for the full 8hrs or just getting paid a 4hr day?

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        I wouldn't bet on the notion that a lengthier pre-academy might translate into shorter Academy time.

Then again, who really knows? This whole thing is unprecedented. Many things that were fantasy 6 months ago are today's reality.

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        fort1978 the rest is paid admin leave. At least till the end of next week. We are just playing it day to day.

• 19-3 STILL waiting for a polygraph. I’m OVER it!

Comment

• SPX
        SPX commented
        Editing a comment
        19-2
        I feel you. Cleared my medical March 2019 with no delays... been waiting for a polygraph ever since.

• Maggie718
        Maggie718 commented
        Editing a comment
        Florida_Man ha! I too am 19-3 and waiting for the poly....I’m losing my patience

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        Florida_Man as you know I’m waiting also 19-2 for JFK be patient as you been so far you will get through this and be scheduled.

• OKCsparrow
        OKCsparrow commented
        Editing a comment
        18-3 and I'm still on background

• Email just went out, "A Message from CBP: COVID-19 Hiring Update"

We want to reassure you that CBP is still hiring, despite delays with some hiring process steps due to COVID-19 restrictions that impact in-person activities.

In this ever changing environment, we are committed to keeping you informed on COVID-19 impacts to the overall hiring process.

We are taking immediate action to help our applicants move forward in the hiring process, including:
      Looking at virtual solutions to protect the workforce that would allow us to resume or continue scheduling and conducting hiring steps that are impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
      Providing individual notices to applicants directly impacted by the pandemic. If there are process changes that affect you specifically, you will be contacted by someone from CBP to coordinate any rescheduling or extensions.
      Continuing to bring new personnel onboard to serve CBP’s mission.
      Last edited by corsair; 04-03-2020, 11:24 AM.
      CBPO 19-4 - Switched to 19-8

CASS APP-50%
      EQIP - Completed
      Medical Exam - Completed
      Structured Interview - Completed
      Fitness Test - Completed
      Polygraph - TBD

Comment

• standtheman
        standtheman commented
        Editing a comment
        just received the same email..

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        Edited my comment
        Last edited by corsair; 04-03-2020, 12:27 PM.

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        I received that email as well so hopefully after we all get through the pandemic we should start see scheduling for the polygraph exam. Be safe and stay positive to all.

• ?? I’m confused

Comment

• Is CBP 6c covered? I know it says Enhanced coverage? can someone explain

Comment

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          The last of the truly 6C covered people were hired in the early 80's. Few are left who are covered under CSRS 6C retirement anymore.

What followed was FERS 12D retirement. Anyone hired as a CBPO today will have 12D retirement coverage. Anyone hired today as an "LEO" within any other federal position will have the same identical retirement.

CBPO Enhanced Coverage largely refers to the fact that CBPOs hired before the implementation of 12D coverage with OFO, roughly July of 2008, have a blended retirement and, as such, have certain enhancements not found under standard 6C/12D retirements...like no mandatory retirement age.

Now additionally, CBPOs were added to the 6C/12D retirement roles as a positional class...and not defined as "LEOs" under Title 5 regulations...and that brings with it several disadvantages and advantages that the usual 6C/12D "LEO" doesn't face...like the lack of GL pay for new hires or the fact that since CBPOs are defined as a family as 6C/12D eligible, CBPOs and subsequent scion positions are eligible for that retirement regardless of what they actually do...unlike normal "LEO" positions that need to be performing qualifying "LEO" duties under Title 5 to retain their coverage.

There are several other mostly minor differences between standard CBPO retirement, enhanced CBPO retirement and standard 6C/12D retirement but the gist is that for current hires it is virtually identical to any other 12D retirement.

• logic305
          logic305 commented
          Editing a comment
          Is it transferable to any other LE agency that’s 6c/12D covered?

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          For a new hire, yes. You lose the "enhancements" like the aforementioned positional qualification and pick up with standard "LEO" defined qualifications.

"Legacy" hires would lose more, like no mandated retirement. They could still do it though.

• Message deleted
        Last edited by CBPOFO23; 04-05-2020, 04:02 PM.

Comment

• TsFost
          TsFost commented
          Editing a comment
          CBPOFO23 you're rejecting your offer???

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          TsFost the dude is afraid of Corona. He will reject offer and wait until Corona over then reapply...

• CBPOFO23
          CBPOFO23 commented
          Editing a comment
          Message deleted
          Last edited by CBPOFO23; 04-05-2020, 04:02 PM.

• SheepDogg
          SheepDogg commented
          Editing a comment
          CBPOFO23 Instead of rejecting your offer, just ask to see if you can postpone your start date. Or provide them with your situation, see what options you have. What ever you decide good luck, and I hope things get better for your wife.

• Just Got the Call EOD JFK OCT 7 2020 , I opt in for earlier EOD Date since i will be jobless this June.
        I didn't want to waste her time to have her go through the whole list since i only want JFK or Apply at different time when available.

Here's my Timeline if anyone interested.
        20-3
        Applied 12/28/19 ✅

Entrance Exam 12/30/19 ✅

Notice of Results 1/3/20 ✅

SI 1/14/2020 ✅

Notice of Results 1/15/20 ✅

Medical 01/16/2020 ✅ Passed 01/22/2020

PFT 01/31/2020 ✅

Polygraph ✅ 03/20/2020 (Did not get a call or email saying i pass but Cass turned Green after a week)

BI (Did not meet with BI yet)

FingerPrint 04/03/20 (I did my Fingerprint at SI not sure why i need to do it again)

Drug Test 04/03/20

Final Call ✅ 04/04/20 GOT THE CALL!! EOD Oct 7 2020
        Last edited by simonxu2; 04-03-2020, 03:31 PM.

Comment

• Bay recruit
          Bay recruit commented
          Editing a comment
          simonxu2 thanks for that! Are you VRA and we’re you Gs-9?

• StevenMal
          StevenMal commented
          Editing a comment
          JL85 I applied for El Paso Tx

• bmak18
          bmak18 commented
          Editing a comment
          A final offer within 4 months? Damn that’s awesome man. I passed everything pretty quickly, within 2 months of hiring, now just waiting for the poly/drug.

• xknuckles
          xknuckles commented
          Editing a comment
          What the f...I’m salty but happy for you. 19-3 and haven’t even heard a peep. Reapplied to GS9 and still nothing.

• Well I missed my call this morning. Hopefully they will call back Monday. It has beeen a long road but finally coming to an end

Comment

• Just got the call. 19-1 at JFK. Start in November.

Comment

• fonzi7979
            fonzi7979 commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats and good luck I hope to see everyone at JFK one day.

• SonicDust187
            SonicDust187 commented
            Editing a comment
            I hope so.

• What carries over from CBP process to Border Patrol Application? I am 50% with CBP - app, written test, Pt test, medical, finger prints, eQip...

Comment

• TsFost
            TsFost commented
            Editing a comment
            No i applied GL9 for BPA so i got to skip it. From what I've read there are no math portions but there is a language understanding section. The only difference in the PFT1 is that you do more pushups, more situps, and the step test is now a 14" step vs the cbpo 12". Cadence and time stay the same.

• Chris Martin
            Chris Martin commented
            Editing a comment
            They will offer Border patrol first. I got my offer a month before CBP

• PA_Ed
            PA_Ed commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you both

Chris, what was the written exam for BPA like? More difficult or easier than CBP’s? Thank you

• straightaim
            straightaim commented
            Editing a comment
            I took written test for both. BP test is much easier. My CBP final job offer fame first, and BP called me next day. So it could be different for everyone. The process can vary for each applicant.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4868 users online. 290 members and 4578 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X