Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone having an issue logging into CASS? Everytime I try to log in it says I'm offline..

Comment

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      cstephensiv I am having the same issue since Friday. I cannot log in with the same message.

• Good morning all,
    I received a NOPA a few days ago and I am about writing the response to it. I just wanted to know if I only have to write to explain what happened or do I have to submit more documents. I have already sent an email to the guy who sent me the NOPA but I haven't had a response from him. I mean, I understand if I have to type something up and to include police reports as well as court minutes. But there are stuff that they are asking about when I was in the military that I had access to but now that I am out of the military, I have no more access to it. do I just explain that on the written request or what do I do? some of them are also pretty vague as well. if anyone can help me with this then please comment bellow or shoot me a message... thanks you have a great day guys and stay safe!

Comment

• thelonelybum
      thelonelybum commented
      Editing a comment
      for my NOPA I explained every situation from the beginning to end so they had a better picture of what happened from start to finish as well as my actions that lead up to the situation. then I answered every question I was given with as much detail as I could remember. Each NOPA is different in its own way so I wish I could say I could help, but I can't unless I knew the issue or questions they asked. You should be keeping the questions to yourself tho at least that would be my thought.

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      The BP applicant forum over on Delphi Forums has numerous Agents/applicants with firsthand NOPA experience and board resources on how to overcome a NOPA. Check there for advice, NOPA templates and the like.

• I worked as an adjudicator for several years. You will want to answer every question with as much detail as possible. The adjudicator will more than likely already have copies of the documents that you say you dont have access to. But you will want to make every attempt that you can to get them. Just saying you cant get them isnt enough. Tell them every Avenue u attempted. Explain circumstances surrounding the issue of concern. Being forthcoming and owning your sitch will go a long way. Answer all questions and show ur clear path of avoiding a repeat offense. When you finish writing your response read it to see if anyone outside of the sitch would have questions about what you provided. If you think someone would have questions, go back and write in the information that would make the question go away. if you leave room for a question, they will ask it, and u will be further delayed.

Comment

• Is anyone having issues with the CBP hiring app

Comment

• The Cass app is working again for those of u who were wondering

Comment

• Today was EOD for me. I went in long enough to get my HR paperwork mostly done, got a new PIV card, and was put on payroll. Tomorrow we have plans of starting online learning courses and just playing it day by day. I am EODing at my local port vs my actual port, but as long as I can work and learn I'm ok with it. To those starting up this or the next few weeks just keep your chin up, and of course keep your paperwork in order to make life easy on your ports mission support since things are already hectic.

Comment

• TsFost
            TsFost commented
            Editing a comment
            straightaim they offered the local port about 4 days out before I was to report to my actual port

• TsFost
            TsFost commented
            Editing a comment
            thelonelybum step 1. Lets be real here i'm making way more then I was at TSA so there is no reason to put me at a higher step witinin the grade I got.

• thelonelybum
            thelonelybum commented
            Editing a comment
            TsFost just curious because I make more than GS 9 and they'd need to put me on step 3 at least to match what I'm getting at TSA with locality

• TsFost
            TsFost commented
            Editing a comment
            thelonelybum ok well good luck on that. my GS9 step one is already going to be 12k+ more a year base pay alone over my entire gross for last year with TSA. YMMV and always try to not leave money on the table. They will decide if they want to raise your step or not once they look at your fed employment documents. Your final offer letter will have your final grade and step on it.
            Last edited by TsFost; 04-01-2020, 11:24 AM.

• Hey Everyone

About two weeks ago I received an email that they are adjudicating my background investigation and need additional info. They also requested that in order to expedite the process to reply via email instead of USPS mail in order to ask for the additional info. I responded immediately but haven't received a response on what info they need in two weeks. Why ask for a immediate response and when I do I still dont receive a response in two weeks. Has anyone had this issue?

Comment

• bigal.
            bigal. commented
            Editing a comment
            TsFost

After getting a NOPA how long can it delay your process if you have nothing else other than a drug test?

• thelonelybum
            thelonelybum commented
            Editing a comment
            usually clears in a week then your drug test another week or so, then anywhere from 1 to 2 weeks for eod

• Bay recruit
            Bay recruit commented
            Editing a comment
            Deleted......
            Last edited by Bay recruit ; 04-06-2020, 11:33 AM.

• Dulmarr
            Dulmarr commented
            Editing a comment
            @bay recruit; I didn't get a message for my medical or my background; just checked the mobile app one day and I was at 100%

• Anyone in Chicago? I go to FLETC later this year; got offered O'Hare Airport! would be nice to know someone. Took me 2 years to get though the pipe! Applied in August of 2018; got my offer in late January 2020.

Comment

• Klumper23
            Klumper23 commented
            Editing a comment
            Im not in chicago but in MSP. Ill be at the academy with you guys in Sept

• dlugan
            dlugan commented
            Editing a comment
            I currently work at ORD. What do you want to know? I usually only go to CBP Delphi Forum, but I've been extremely bored. Shoot me a PM on Delphi. My username there is AZplease.

• bmak18
            bmak18 commented
            Editing a comment
            Chicago here. Applied 12/2019 for 20-3. Finished everything up within 2 months, aside from the drug/poly as of now. This is where I wait lol. How was the process at O’Hare for you? That’s where I plan on going since I live within 30 minutes of it.

• bmak18
            bmak18 commented
            Editing a comment
            dlugan, hows O’Hare dealing with all this going on? I’m planning on there once this is all complete. 50% in CASS, had my interview there in February and that’s the last step I’ve completed (aside from EQUIP, Medical, Physical, etc.)

• Deleted.....
          Last edited by Bay recruit ; 04-06-2020, 11:34 AM.

Comment

• Dulmarr
            Dulmarr commented
            Editing a comment
            BI took me FOREVER. Just gotta let it all play out.

• jcsaenz3
            jcsaenz3 commented
            Editing a comment
            That has been happening to alot of people recently! Why did you get a NOPA if you dont mind me asking. I replied to mine last Friday.

• Bay recruit
            Bay recruit commented
            Editing a comment
            Deleted....
            Last edited by Bay recruit ; 04-06-2020, 11:34 AM.

• I just got a call for my drug test tomorrow.I guess everything is rolling on as usual..The only thing left is to clear the background investigation.

Comment

• Bay recruit
            Bay recruit commented
            Editing a comment
            Deleted ....
            Last edited by Bay recruit ; 04-06-2020, 11:35 AM.

• Wanderlust_
            Wanderlust_ commented
            Editing a comment
            No, I didn't take the provisional clearance.My BI hasn't cleared yet either.

• Just got a call in regards to pre-employment screening, to setup an appointment. Is this drug test or medical again?
          Last edited by SonicDust187; 03-31-2020, 05:20 PM.

Comment

• Flapeeps
            Flapeeps commented
            Editing a comment
            Drug. The medical is a form they will email.

• simonxu2
            simonxu2 commented
            Editing a comment
            Did your BI Start or clear yet?

• SonicDust187
            SonicDust187 commented
            Editing a comment
            I guess it is starting.

• 82Root
            82Root commented
            Editing a comment
            Just a heads up, drug tests results are on a noticable delay. I took mine 1st week of March but no result has been posted. Hoooooooooowwweverrrrrr, I received a call last week for a location and class date. September for FLETC. It's been over 2 years, I suppose they felt sorry for me. I cant even get excited. Just working out and quaranteaming with my family.

• 19-5, VRA here checking in. Finally cleared medical, 50% now. Anyone know best practice to update my address as I've moved since I've applied?

Comment

• nonotnow
            nonotnow commented
            Editing a comment
            Just emailed an address on the app I found. Also is Newark, NJ a good possibility for location?

• Dulmarr
            Dulmarr commented
            Editing a comment
            Wait for them to contact you, they will ask for major life updates, employer, address etc.

• Figured I'd throw my timeline into the mix:

20-5 GS-9 Direct Hire:

Applied: 02/2020
          Tentative Selection for GS-9: 02/2020
          EQIP Submitted & Accepted: 03/2020 (Completed/Green ✓)
          SI: 03/2020 (Completed/Green ✓)
          Medical: 03/2020 (Completed/Green ✓)
          PFT-1: 03/2020 (Passed; Waiting on Completed/Green ✓)
          Polygraph: TBA
          Background Investigation: TBA
          Drug Test: TBA
          Final Offer: TBA

Comment

• JL85
            JL85 commented
            Editing a comment
            Have you taken it yet thelonelybum if so how long was your wait time?

• tx_forever
            tx_forever commented
            Editing a comment
            JL85 I applied for Nogales. I was also told during my SI that they were hiring faster than he had ever seen before for officers going to the southern border. Dang virus!

• JL85
            JL85 commented
            Editing a comment
            tx_forever yeah that’s what I was told too! Sucks but it is what it is, that’s life! I applied for San Ysidro border but if all goes well I’d like to head to AZ or Texas because the cost of living but hopefully things look good for everyone trying to get on!

• thelonelybum
            thelonelybum commented
            Editing a comment
            mine took 15+ months before the virus. I applied Dec 2017 and I got my EOD info March 2020 JL85

• How’s everyone doing, I am fairly new to this forum but have been keeping up with everyone’s much needed information. I am 20-4 and just received my medical clearance, now the long wait for the polygraph begins, just curious if anyone on here has applied to a southern border?

Comment

• JL85
            JL85 commented
            Editing a comment
            Theone720 I took my initial medical exam 2/18/20 and was requested to for additional stuff on something later that week and they gave me a month to do it. Turned in my follow up stuff on 3/14/20 and was cleared on 3/31/20. My CBP app is green lighted but I haven’t received my email from actual CBP but my medical status is clear now. Where did you apply brotha?

• StevenMal
            StevenMal commented
            Editing a comment
            Been waiting since 6/19 for my medical to clear

• Theone720
            Theone720 commented
            Editing a comment
            JL85 I applied for location negotiable with all my process being done at the Buffalo Field Office. My top was Detroit the. Newark. But realistically would probably go anywhere

• JL85
            JL85 commented
            Editing a comment
            StevenMal Sorry to hear brother, if it helps, maybe the southern border process move a little "faster" than others? Not sure just kinda seems like it.

• I applied for southern border direct hire also 20-4. On medical review.
          Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

• VeeDubs86
            VeeDubs86 commented
            Editing a comment
            I applied for Nogales I believe.

• JL85
            JL85 commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice. I wonder if they give you options when they offer you the job

• VeeDubs86
            VeeDubs86 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm told they do.

• tx_forever
            tx_forever commented
            Editing a comment
            I applied for Nogales as well (20-5; waiting on poly). I was told during my SI (pre Covid-19) that they were hiring faster than he had ever seen before for the southern border and getting people hired on and sent to FLETC within 6-8 months. Bad timing for a global pandemic.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6370 users online. 331 members and 6039 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X