Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • training classrooms?

    Hey all, if anyone has been to FLETC recently, i was just wondering if the CBPO classroom training is still done behind the chow hall? I remember while i was there they were talking about renovating that building (cant remember the number) and gonna do the classroom training in some kind of trailers. Any truth to that?

    Comment


    • Work Hours

      Does anyone know what the work hours are for Blaine, WA? EOD is jan. 12.
      4X10hr shifts, 5X8hr shifts, 3X16hr shifts?

      Comment


      • Eod Sfo

        Hey anyone recently or have EOD for SFO...can you please tell me how it is like there?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by jflores View Post
          So how soon in the begining do you take the 1.5 mile run test? And if you fail it you could make it up in the end??
          I think my class took it the first or second week in, although that changes from class to class. You will take the PEB two times while at FLETC. If you pass the first one you don't have to worry about the second one, it's for fun. If you fail the first one then you have to pass the second or you will be fired.

          Merlin--The academy has changed a bit since you were there. While I was in CBP came down with a directive no pull ups (that can change though). I guess someone got hurt so they forbade them. They also limit the distance or time you can run in PT.
          But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

          For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by kc12 View Post
            I think my class took it the first or second week in, although that changes from class to class. You will take the PEB two times while at FLETC. If you pass the first one you don't have to worry about the second one, it's for fun. If you fail the first one then you have to pass the second or you will be fired.

            Merlin--The academy has changed a bit since you were there. While I was in CBP came down with a directive no pull ups (that can change though). I guess someone got hurt so they forbade them. They also limit the distance or time you can run in PT.
            I attended in the summer of '07 and we did pull ups as part of a running/bodyweight exercise circuit. I didnt mind because i could do 10+ then although now i could do without it since i cant hardly do them anymore! We never ran more than 2 maybe 3 miles, probably because it was 95 degrees out everyday.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by WSB_Hunter
              So If I can do the mile and a half in less than 15 minutes already, do like 25-35 push ups, like 7-10 pull ups, then am I pretty on schedule for the pt going into fletc?
              You are well ahead of the average.

              Comment


              • How long does it take for CASS to update, considering I sent in the initial paperwork last week? It also says that a place has been chosen for my fitness test, will they likely wait until after the VBT to contact me on that?
                Last edited by NAL06; 12-10-2008, 05:59 PM.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by NAL06 View Post
                  How long does it take for CASS to update, considering I sent in the initial paperwork last week?
                  Sometimes a few days, sometimes a few weeks. It usually likes to update on Tuesdays and Thursdays I have found. Try the status line, it usually updates quicker.

                  612-467-7040 is the phone number.

                  Also did anyone else notice that the last 30 posts seemed to have disappeared from the thread? Kinda weird. I guess a server or software malfunction or something.
                  "Officer, you are kinda hot."

                  "And you are kinda intoxicated."

                  Comment


                  • I just finished taking my cbpo exam today. The math portion was the most difficult for me. I also wish more time was provided for the logical reasoning section. Well, see in a few weeks if I passed....this exam was a lot more difficult than any police or sheriff exam I have taken thus far.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by WSB_Hunter
                      So If I can do the mile and a half in less than 15 minutes already, do like 25-35 push ups, like 7-10 pull ups, then am I pretty on schedule for the pt going into fletc?

                      That's good, but I'd still work on bringing down your run time and raising the numbers of push ups. Add in sit ups too. To be really prepare...I'd say 50-60 push ups, 50-60 sit ups, and 10-12 pull ups and a 13.5 or less 1.5 mile puts you likely in a 'safe zone'.

                      As an applicant, there's little you can do to prepare yourself for the academics at the academy. There is a lot you can do to prepare yourself for the physical challenges though.

                      Ideally, you should hit the ground at FLETC fit enough to handle everything thrown at you. PT should be a welcome relief from the stresses of the classroom. If PT isn't a chore, but instead it's 2 hours of working out your frustrations in the mat room or the track, you've solved a great deal of your likely problems long before reaching FLETC.
                      Last edited by merlin436; 12-10-2008, 06:46 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                        That's good, but I'd still work on bringing down your run time and raising the numbers of push ups. Add in sit ups too. To be really prepare...I'd say 50-60 push ups, 50-60 sit ups, and 10-12 pull ups and a 13.5 or less 1.5 mile puts you likely in a 'safe zone'.

                        As an applicant, there's little you can do to prepare yourself for the academics at the academy. There is a lot you can do to prepare yourself for the physical challenges though.

                        Ideally, you should hit the ground at FLETC fit enough to handle everything thrown at you. PT should be a welcome relief from the stresses of the classroom. If PT isn't a chore, but instead it's 2 hours of working out your frustrations in the mat room or the track, you've solved a great deal of your likely problems long before reaching FLETC.
                        Yeah i see what youre saying, better to be over prepared than under. But thats a little too high of a standard, as least as far as i saw in '07. I doubt things changed that much. Like if you came in at your PEB at 16:28 people still applauded and high fived you because youve made it to the next stage. Same as qualifying firearms at 240. Might as well be 300, because the whole goal is for everyone to make it graduation. Im not saying to settle for average, but first make the minimum, then worry about being super trainee.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by USMC3537 View Post
                          Took a month for me.
                          Took about a month for me too.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                            Yeah i see what youre saying, better to be over prepared than under. But thats a little too high of a standard, as least as far as i saw in '07. I doubt things changed that much. Like if you came in at your PEB at 16:28 people still applauded and high fived you because youve made it to the next stage. Same as qualifying firearms at 240. Might as well be 300, because the whole goal is for everyone to make it graduation. Im not saying to settle for average, but first make the minimum, then worry about being super trainee.

                            Average is average. Sure, one can get by with it, but they end up averaged with most everyone else. That works if one is happy with average.

                            Hit FLETC in the top 10-15% of the class and you pretty much hit the port in the top 10-15% as well. That likely means earlier moves into IFI, FI, CTRT, AT-CET and the other speciality teams, and earlier chances to promote, IMO.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by WSB_Hunter
                              Thanks for the info. Do you get training with rifle/carbine at fletc for cbpo positions? Are they still using the steyr aug, or is that just for srt?
                              What? They use a Steyr AUG? You have to be joking me.
                              "Officer, you are kinda hot."

                              "And you are kinda intoxicated."

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by WSB_Hunter
                                I thought US customs uses the steyr aug, or they use to. Maybe it's just for special response teams. Anyways, is there any rifle/carbine training for cbpo at fletc?
                                MAYBE legacy customs guys did, but I honestly doubt it. I'll ask someone I know who's a port FI about it though.

                                Couldn't answer the question about rifle/shotgun training though. I know BPAs get the training, but I don't see why CPBOs would need it unless they were put on a certain detail.
                                "Officer, you are kinda hot."

                                "And you are kinda intoxicated."

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 6543 users online. 351 members and 6192 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X