Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hm sent a follow up email to the NJ recruiter on March 9th and haven't heard back - hopefully they're still responding to us.
    CBPO 19-4 - Switched to 19-8

CASS APP-50%
    EQIP - Completed
    Medical Exam - Completed
    Structured Interview - Completed
    Fitness Test - Completed
    Polygraph - TBD

Comment

• Originally posted by simonxu2 View Post

Damn had my poly 20th too still waiting for my result.
      Where did you take your poly?

Comment

• Originally posted by SonicDust187 View Post

Where did you take your poly?
        Houston Texas

Comment

• Dont think anyone is going to EOD at their Scheduled times. All of us who were at FLETC and Evacuated don't even have a return date. We were suppose to return to our ports but that has changed as well. Let's pray for a vaccine because if this continues and we are out to long. All the sessions that were in will have to start over. Good Luck Guys !!!
          Last edited by Kevin1234; 03-23-2020, 08:06 PM.

Comment

• TsFost
            TsFost commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm EOD'ing on time next week. Already got called and told to report as scheduled, and be ready for an extended pre-academy. They have 4 days to change their mind so lets see what happens.

• Page
            Page commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, TsFost, you've MENTIONED that, congrats, enjoy. ANYWAY, I was interested in what Kevin1234 was saying: he was supposed to return to his port but that changed -- just wondering the specifics on THAT.

• kli0211
            kli0211 commented
            Editing a comment
            TsFost I also got word today that the agency is honoring EOD dates, so those won’t change.

• CBPOFO23
            CBPOFO23 commented
            Editing a comment
            Message deleted
            Last edited by CBPOFO23; 04-05-2020, 04:05 PM.

• Different ports are doing different things. My entire session are all in a group chat. From LAX, JFK, EL PASO, HNL, DULLES, MICHIGAN, MIAMI, EWR, DFW, ETC. SEA PORTS, LAND BORDERS AND AIRPORTS got different mandates. Alot of us at some of those airports have been given directive to stay home, but be available on call at any given moment, because we are being paid. Land borders and Sea ports are functioning different. It guess it depends on how bad things get. After all, ID's do say (Federal Emergency Response Officials) So you never know what they'll have us do.

Comment

• Page
            Page commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you for the info Kevin1234, I was just wondering exactly what the plan is for those told to leave FLETC. Just curious should I wind up in a similar situation down the road.

• Also, some ports have mandatory quarantine. So some of us were placed in 14 day quarantines before reporting to ports. Just keep working out and keeping fit. I have a feeling the Academy curriculum may change due to this situation according to what we were told by the Branch Chief and Dep. Director. We'll see what happens. This thing is worse than we thought. Stay safe guys !!!

Comment

• Jr90037
            Jr90037 commented
            Editing a comment
            What do you mean change like harder physically

• Work email came out today detailing OFO-wide plan to send home what number of people they can on emergency administrative leave and run ports with skeleton staffing. Even closing ports where feasible.

Interesting times look to be just around the corner.

Comment

• Applied 10/2018. SI passed November of 2018. Found out about my poly for Thursday 3/26 last week. Sent me an email today to confirm I would be there. I replied yes. Hours later email informing me my poly is cancelled and they’ll let me know when I can take it again. Hopefully I’m high on the list, but who knows. With everything going on probably be another 6-12 months if I had to guess.

Comment

• Very interesting times ahead... Fear of the unknown is starting to play out in my mind.

Comment

• Just got my call (19-2) Miami seaport
                EOD 09/28/20

Comment

• MattyjayG
                  MattyjayG commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks V_AntCBP

• thelonelybum
                  thelonelybum commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Im on the list for TSU apparently so I should be getting the call supposedly soon... emailed my case manager whether they're still giving out EOD as FLETC is closed. Seeing this I'm guessing they still are. Just a matter of time for me I guess. My drug test still hasn't cleared on CAS yet, so I'm curious if they're waiting for that to clear first.

• MattyjayG
                  MattyjayG commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Drug test is still pending thelonelybum

• thelonelybum
                  thelonelybum commented
                  Editing a comment
                  damn, hoping they call me soon then... took my drug test 2 weeks ago

• Good day everyone, first time poster long time reader. 19-2 REG and received the call yesterday. Here is what they offered: Flordia: Miami Sea & Air, Ft Lauderdale /Texas: Brownsville, Del Rio, Hildago, Progreso, Presidio /New Mex: Columbus / Cali: Celexico, Otay Mesa, Andrade, San Ysidro / Arizona: Nogales, Lukeville, San Luis, Douglas / Minnesota: Grand Portage, Minneapolis / Montana: Raymond, Sweet Grass / Washington: Blaine, Seattle, Frontier, Point Roberts, Oroville / Illinois: Chicago / Michigan: Detrot Land, Sault Sainte Marie/ Indiana: East Port They also mentioned there were spots in these states but I didn't ask what ports: Mass, Maine, N Dakota, Vermont, NY, NJ Spelling might be a little off but I wrote quick and figured some of you guys would like to know what they are offering at this point. They stated that these are subject to change.
                Last edited by Jafo1984; 03-24-2020, 03:42 PM.

Comment

• logic305
                  logic305 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Are you VRA?

• Jafo1984
                  Jafo1984 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  19-2 regular hire and I pick Fort Lauderdale.

• Bay recruit
                  Bay recruit commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Deleted....
                  Last edited by Bay recruit ; 04-06-2020, 11:25 AM.

• Jafo1984
                  Jafo1984 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What I posted is what they offered for the states I ask about nothing more nothing less

• Originally posted by simonxu2 View Post

Houston Texas
                Good stuff. I hope BI moves quickly.

Comment

• For those who got NOPA letters recently, how long did it take for them to make their decision after they got your response?
                  18-2

11/24/17: Applied
                  12/15/17: NOR
                  12/28/17: EQIP Submitted
                  1/04/18: Medical
                  1/30/18: Fitness
                  2/07/18: E-QIP Rejected (Corrected, re-submitted)
                  2/20/18: E-QIP released to OPR
                  3/09/18: SI
                  3/10/18: NOR SI
                  4/17/18: Request for Additional Medical Info
                  5/02/18: Additional Medical Info Submitted
                  11/19/18: Medical Cleared
                  4/08/19: Polygraph Scheduled - Inconclusive
                  5/29/19: Polygraph Scheduled
                  6/02/19: Polygraph Passed
                  7/15/19: Adjudication
                  3/02/20: NOPA
                  3/13/20: Response Sent
                  4/22/20: Unsuitable

Comment

• thelonelybum
                    thelonelybum commented
                    Editing a comment
                    3 work days

• jdop7
                    jdop7 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    After I sent my response, it took them about 2 and a half months.

• The stress is finally over , I thought I was out of the game when the examiner said I successfully passed all the (Thoes question that they asked everyone) question but didn’t do so well on 6 other question he added in there. Didn’t get any email or phone call from him saying I passed or fail and checked cass just now and saw a geeen check on the app.

Comment

• SonicDust187
                    SonicDust187 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Congratulations! Who knows, we might be in same class.

• simonxu2
                    simonxu2 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Who knows, we might be in the same port too. I am VRA and plan on requesting JFK if its not available at that time.

• GardenStateCO
                    GardenStateCO commented
                    Editing a comment
                    where did you take poly

• simonxu2
                    simonxu2 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Houston Texas

• Senator Schumer and Congressman Higgins’ letter can be found below:

Dear Acting Secretary Wolf,

We write to urge that all Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officers that are currently working during the continued pandemic be treated as the front-line professionals that they are and be designated as employees working under hazard. Such a designation would allow these employees to receive hazard pay and further financially insulate themselves in the event that they or their families are exposed to infection as a result of their service to the United States of America.

Congress has determined that hazard pay may be awarded at the discretion of the agency if :

(1) The actual circumstances of the specific hazard or physical hardship have changed from that taken into account and described in the position description; and

(2) Using the knowledge, skills, and abilities that are described in the position description, the employee cannot control the hazard or physical hardship; thus, the risk is not reduced to a less than significant level (5 CFR § 550.904). We believe this current crisis meets both criteria.

The presence of Covid-19 and the increased risk of infection to CBP personnel should, at the very least, entitle them to an increase in pay until the crisis has abated. While facilitating trade and travel, there is risk inherent in constantly interacting with the public. However, the nature of this pandemic creates conditions that could not have been accounted for. Although the recent announcement of the mutual agreement between the United States and Canada to close the northern border to all non-essential travel is a step in the right direction, the resulting cross-border traffic still poses a risk. It is commercial traffic which has traveled extensively, essential medical and first-aid personnel, and traveling Americans seeking to re-enter through Canada. Additionally, the closeness required to screen individuals crossing the border to ensure fulfillment of their mission further exposes the men and women charged with America’s safety.

We ask that you take any and all steps necessary to ensure that hazard pay is granted to Customs and Border Protection officers as soon as possible and for the duration of the crisis. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us or our respective staffs if there is anything Congress can do to make this necessary step a reality.

Sincerely,

https://www.schumer.senate.gov/newsr...ous-conditions

All, contact your federal Senators and Representatives in support of this. It's not just about this outbreak, it's about future pandemics as well. CBP Officers are the most exposed segment of the population to the hazards of foreign pathogens...by far.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6331 users online. 329 members and 6002 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X