Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone, I’ve been following the forum for some time now but finally decided to vent (signup)with you all ) Anyhow I’m a 19-3 DH and still at 50% I applied Feb 2019, been waiting to get scheduled for the poly for almost 8 months now. My neighbor, someone I went to school with, has been working with cbp for some years now, bumped into him this week and he said that it’s normal to wait this long aaaaand, with everything that’s going on, scheduling for poly examinations are being delayed....which sucks cause I just want to know if I’m getting in or not, that way I can make other career decisions. This waiting game is brutal. I also called and was told that the wait time for the poly depends on the location you requested. I guess I requested the location with the longest waitlist...... fingers crossed for all of us who are still waiting for an email/call.
    Last edited by Maggie718; 03-20-2020, 09:54 AM.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Its true, the process can be brutal for many people, I waited 50 weeks for poly ... my whole process was 2 years plus...Just have to hang in there and hope for the best... Maggie718 where did you requested? JFK or EWR?

• Maggie718
      Maggie718 commented
      Editing a comment
      corsair 53 weeks is a long time!! Where did you request to take the poly?

• Maggie718
      Maggie718 commented
      Editing a comment
      V_AntCBP oh gosh 2 years is a long time. I hope I don’t have to wait that long. I requested to get the poly done in San Diego. I was trying to change the location to get it done sooner but I don’t think it’s possible.

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      Maggie718 Newark for my poly

• Hey guys and gals is normal to wait a week plus a day for DT results to be posted on CASS. I took it last Thursday am concerned if this happened to others in the process. All comments are appreciated.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      relax...its normal...if you don't smoke or use anything...nothing to worry about...you are done with the process pretty much...research on locations and wait for the call now bro...

• FLETC is officially shutting down. Sessions are being sent home.
    Last edited by invertedPanda; 03-20-2020, 04:19 PM.

Comment

• in case yall didn't know ( which most Should know by now) we are being sent home until further notice. ☹️

Comment

• So today I got a call from CBP HR about my EOD and FLETC dates. Ever since I heard FLETC shut down and classes were halted I was worried EODs would be pushed back. However my fears were for nothing it seems. My EOD is 100% still happening on the 30th. I was told that I would be doing pre-academy work until FLETC starts back up however long that will end up being. I hope that also helps out others who might be worried with upcoming EODs.

Comment

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          If I had to bet, I'd bet that there are some serious logistical problems with a person doing pre-academy in another port...as a rule of thumb. That's not to say that it never happens...but only rarely, in specific circumstances and at the benefit of the agency.

But...should this course of events take up months and people are locked into spinning their wheels awaiting a resolution, maybe something might be arranged to lessen the burden on new hires.

• TsFost
          TsFost commented
          Editing a comment
          merlin436 well logistics aside I was offered my local port for pre-academy if I wanted it, then go to my actual POE after FLETC.

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          @TsFost

Well...that puts an end to the real reason that there's a lengthy pre-academy to begin with...forcing new hires into familiarization with the port and locality while at pre-academy and limiting the chances and costs of a new hire graduating from FLETC just to quit his location after a few days/ weeks post-academy.

We might as well jump to the BP way of doing things...bring in a new hire 2-3 days prior to shipping off to FLETC

• TsFost
          TsFost commented
          Editing a comment
          merlin436 honestly I could care less if you like how they are doing it or not. They gave me the option to save lots of money due to having an extended pre academy and I'm going to take it. I'm more then happy to move to TX which is why I chose it even though I had a general app as well with lots of other options besides the SWB. So after FLETC I'll be off to my own POE and that will be that.

• First time posting on here... current CBP candidate. Just heard this morning that I passed the interview, also actively working with CBP HR to edit my EQIP and submit it. Postponed my medical because of LASIK but everything seems to be slowed down because of COVID ( I was one of the last interview before they put everything on hold... as what I was told)

Comment

• Maggie718
          Maggie718 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats on passing the interview. I was the first to get interviewed from a group of 20....and man I was excited to know I passed, so I bet you are too. Congrats again and good luck with the rest of your process.

• Sorry to hear FLETC is shutting down... does that mean the wait for people in the process are also getting delayed?

I got an e-mail from my recruiter 2 weeks ago saying that "within the next few weeks" I should be getting a call to schedule a polygraph but nothing so far.
        CBPO 19-2 Regular Announcement
        @ 50%

Applied: 11/2018
        NOR: 12/2018
        Tentative Selection for GS-5: 12/2018
        Turned in EQIP: 02/2019
        SI: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
        Medical: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
        PFT-1: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
        Resubmit EQIP: 03/2019
        EQIP Sent To OPR: 03/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
        Polygraph: TBA
        Background Investigation: TBA
        Drug Test: TBA
        Final Offer: TBA

Comment

• Maggie718
          Maggie718 commented
          Editing a comment
          SPX I too have the poly, BI, and drug test left....and I was told the process would be delayed but I’m hoping it’s not.

• corsair
          corsair commented
          Editing a comment
          Our timelines/progress are almost identical

• Maggie718
          Maggie718 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes!! I hope this virus doesn’t interrupt our process and we get that call/email. My neighbor said he would find out what’s going on cause he has a buddy in the poly department, but said he can’t promise anything, but once I find out I’ll let you know.

• CBPO 19-9/GS-7. Verbal pass from poly on 3/18.

FYI to Newark folks, they have tiny lockers in the office for your phone/smartwatch. You don't have to leave them in your car like I did.

Comment

• corsair
          corsair commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll never understand how I'm 19-4 Newark and still waiting. I didnt have a single holdup and completed everything immediately without delaying any of my dates.

• Rubicon
          Rubicon commented
          Editing a comment
          There were 3 others testing, too. I think one of them applied after me, and one applied in 2017 (had some weird processing issues). It may be entirely at random, from a bingo machine.

• RB7744
          RB7744 commented
          Editing a comment
          Im 19-5 seeking EWR, zero holdups on anything at all... STILL no poly, dont get it...

• Hey guys, I already accepted the job offer with CBP, have EOD in Jul 2020,
        has CBP ever canceled a job offer? Unless I sign onboard papers...this offer is not guarantee yet right?
        I read USCIS did canceled a bunch of offers few months ago..screwed a bunch of people up.. All they said was sorry...nothing we can do to help you...
        I plan on quitting my job in May and move whole family to where my port is... but now thing corona thing, fletc shut down... smh....

Comment

• TsFost
          TsFost commented
          Editing a comment
          I think in the end FLETC won't be shut down for too long. Honestly I can see them doing a decontamination of the base including all dorms. Then bring people back who need to finish classes after doing corona tests on each. That way they can clear them out and then start on new classes. I do see them prioritizing agencies based on needs for a while to keep the numbers down. TSA use to train all their people in house. So I could see them doing that again to free up FLETC space for the time being when their hiring freeze is finally lifted at the end of April.

• Jr90037
          Jr90037 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m hoping they cuz us back .. I’m not trying to quit my job and go do busy work .. they can’t have a bunch of us at the ports just doing nothing

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          Jr90037

They can and they will.

Best yet, since they are letting people attend ports of convenience for pre-academy, expect to see lots of people who not only will spend most of their time twiddling their thumbs and working menial tasks during pre-academy, but the few "useful" things they do learn...many of those things will be 0% relevant when transferred to the actual working ports.

• AJSIN0311
          AJSIN0311 commented
          Editing a comment
          This is what the port program manager sent me when I asked about my FLETC date and EOD (which is also July 2020)

At this time, CBP is still onboarding new employees as scheduled. Your academy class dates will most likely change so be prepared to spend more time at the port of entry in our pre-academy training program before actually reporting to the academy for basic training.

Please understand things are constantly changing so please continue to remain patient with us and remember to stay safe by practicing social distancing and washing your hands frequently.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you,

• DrigoCBP V_AntCBP ill let you both know if I find anything out about EODs if I get a call back from the training and scheduling unit. Hopefully they just postpone them as a worst case scenario. I don’t see how it would be possible for them to revoke job offers.

Comment

• DrigoCBP
          DrigoCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          I really hope thats the case! Thanks man, let me know if u hear anything

• redfish112
          redfish112 commented
          Editing a comment
          DrigoCBP I finally heard back from the hiring center. All they told me was that EOD’s are not changing at the moment and we will be contacted if our dates are changed.

• DrigoCBP
          DrigoCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Thats good news! Thanks for the update !

• Good afternoon,
        Is it normal, to be in backgrounds but never been contacted by a BI? Also, no one in my EQUIP have been contacted either?

Thank you in advanced
        Last edited by Barbie711; 03-21-2020, 02:20 PM.

Comment

• TsFost
          TsFost commented
          Editing a comment
          From what I've seen on here and Delphi you aren't truly in the background stage most likely. Can't trust CASS lol. You'll know you're in the BI stage when you get a call from an investigator

• Originally posted by ian.gavin View Post
        Hey everyone VRA 18-10 applicant here. Finally got scheduled for my poly. Here’s been my timeline, San Francisco Area Office:

10 July 2018: Applied
        19 July 2018: NOR Eligible for GS-9
        23 July 2018: Tentatively Selected & Scheduled for Medical
        27 July 2018: EQIP Submitted
        30 July 2018: EQIP sent to OPR

06 Aug 2018: Fitness Test reciprocity granted
        20 Aug 2018: Scheduled for SI on 18 Sep 2018

18 Sep 2018: Completed SI & Fingerprinting
        26 Sep 2018: Notified I passed SI

03 Oct 2018: Completed Medical

10 Mar 2020: Scheduled for Polygraph in San Jose next month.

My Poly got cancelled due to COVID last week! Yay (sarcasm)
        Last edited by ian.gavin; 03-22-2020, 09:57 PM.

Comment

• Gixxerman
          Gixxerman commented
          Editing a comment
          I have both, Marine Corps and Federal Buraeu of Prisons.... I applied for a 7. I thought I wouldn't rate it because it required experience exporting and importing goods, and processing person in and out of the United States.

• Flapeeps
          Flapeeps commented
          Editing a comment
          Gixxerman. I had sent you the following "When I applied and was denied for gs9 the recruiter immediately asked if i had any previous experience with arrest and detain authority, since i didn't, he said i couldnt be a gs9. He to me to go back and apply as a 7 and everything worked out"

• Jr90037
          Jr90037 commented
          Editing a comment
          I qualified as a gs9 I’m non fed LEO

• adsingh22
          adsingh22 commented
          Editing a comment
          Did you call to verify or did they notify you?

• 19-1 DH
        Already got the call. EOD in July.
        I took my medical in May 2018, but it cleared almost a year later in April 2019. Will I have to retake the entire medical exam again or just sign the medical reclearance papers they send considering I'm coming up on 2 years since I took the medical, and 1 year that it got cleared?

Comment

• MattyjayG
          MattyjayG commented
          Editing a comment
          At this time, we require an update to your medical status. In order to comply with the pre-employment requirements, you will receive a separate email from us within the next 24 hours that contains a medical self-certification form for you to complete. ​​​​​​​ You will need to enter your medical clearance date on this form:

You should get a email like this I think. I’m 19-2

• Leon0215
          Leon0215 commented
          Editing a comment
          MattyjayG jdop7 this is what i’ve been looking for.. so for me 18-3... my process is done and up to background investigation and the following part would be drug test, i will then, do a self certification on medical clearance and do i have to visit the medical facility and redo all the eye sight, ekg, push ups sit ups etc...?

• jdop7
          jdop7 commented
          Editing a comment
          Leon0215 I really hope we don't have to visit the medical clinic again. I hope it's just a reclearance form that we have to sign and that's it. Medical took so long to clear the first time, it would be devastating to have to go through it again.

• 19-1 originally. I posted earlier that I had poly for the 20th of March. Today I got my result. Passed. Don’t give up guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonicDust187 View Post
          19-1 originally. I posted earlier that I had poly for the 20th of March. Today I got my result. Passed. Don’t give up guys.
          Damn had my poly 20th too still waiting for my result.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7616 users online. 435 members and 7181 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X