• Hey guys, quick update on my end.
    announcement 19-6 , VRA, just got scheduled for my poly in April!!!!’
    USMC-6322 Comm/Nav Tech
    Oorah!

Comment

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats 813Deputy2b good luck with your polygraph. I feel like I will get scheduled soon as well. Keep us posted and be safe out there.

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      Least someones getting scheduled.

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      corsair we will get there soon hang in there sometimes we need to wait for good things to come in the near future.

• 813Deputy2b
      813Deputy2b commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks fellas! Yes you will get scheduled brother! Faith!!

• 19-2 (waiting on drug test)

Hey just a quick question for some insight to help me make a more informed decision: My family and I currently live in VA (we are young couple) ,If I’m unable to get my requested duty location (Miami) what other locations could serve as a decent substitute as far as cost of living, decent locality? My ultimate goal is to get to Atlanta. From the locations offered now, none of them seem to be appealing for my family. We are trying to make a list of other places but our lack of knowledge about the other states is working against us. We are originally from Florida hence why I picked that location.

Comment

• 20-4 Direct Hire. Also in process for BPA direct hire. Current LEO in NY. Passed fit SI and got printed. Currently on a medical review. Pain in the butt lol. Debating getting out of NYS for the southwest, dollar goes further and less.....liberal lol. Also contemplating JFK if available as fairly high starting salary, but long commute from upstate (dont wanna live downstate/nyc/li).
      Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

• Theone720
        Theone720 commented
        Editing a comment
        I too am a 20-4 completed SI prints pft1 and medical on March 3 and 4th just waiting now

• NJ Transit PFT got cancelled until further notice - wouldn't be surprised if they start postponing polys
      CBPO 19-4 - Switched to 19-8

CASS APP-50%
      EQIP - Completed
      Medical Exam - Completed
      Structured Interview - Completed
      Fitness Test - Completed
      Polygraph - TBD

Comment

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        You can say that again. Hopefully things will get better in the near future with the virus breakout. We need to have fate.

• I havent heard anything about my BPA PFT. Dunno if its corona related or medical review related. Did the cbpo one already.
      Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

• EOD is March 30th. Start of FLETC April 13th. Just got an email that my class has been cancelled. That was it. No other information other than it is cancelled. So waiting to find out if I still report on the 30th to my port or not. Anyone with information let me know. Thanks.

Comment

• nickg317
          nickg317 commented
          Editing a comment
          GarrettFaulks I Thought you EOD in August?

• TsFost
          TsFost commented
          Editing a comment
          GarrettFaulks I got the same email. I contacted my POC today and he got back to me. He said FLETC closing does not stop our EOD and I am to report on time.

• GarrettFaulks
          GarrettFaulks commented
          Editing a comment
          nickg317 Got a call asking if I wanted to EOD early. Someone dropped out. I accepted.

• nickg317
          nickg317 commented
          Editing a comment
          GarrettFaulks ah nice! hopefully it works out

• Originally posted by GarrettFaulks View Post
        EOD is March 30th. Start of FLETC April 13th. Just got an email that my class has been cancelled. That was it. No other information other than it is cancelled. So waiting to find out if I still report on the 30th to my port or not. Anyone with information let me know. Thanks.
        Yes you still report for EOD on March 30th and yes class is cancelled.

Comment

• GarrettFaulks
          GarrettFaulks commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks. Got the response from my POC today.

• Jr90037
          Jr90037 commented
          Editing a comment
          After the two weeks what do u do ... I’m worried lol that quit my job n take this n no academy lol

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          Jr90037
          This is all u uncharted territory but I imagine that very few ports have the resources and the willingness to be having new hires doing much of anything exciting, especially when stuck for weeks/months in a pre-FLETC Coronavirus driven shutdown.

I'd expect long days doing lots of busy work, answering phones, etc. and standing around doing mostly nothing.

• For those asking what to pack. You have to buy your own black shineable boots you'll need by day 2. Black socks and 5 black undershirts and any personal clothes you want to wear after class. To use the gym and track you'll have to wear their PT gear so don't go crazy with workout stuff unless you want to run on the sidewalks or go off campus. Your own pillow cases cause the sheets can smell even if the maid changes them weekly. You'll need your own hygiene supplies. They do provide bar soap. You'll need bug spray if you can't tolerate biting gnats and mosquitos. It's also mandatory during the last 2 weeks for one class. You can use your own speed loader if you have one for loading bullets. Other than that, there's a convenience store on campus and buses go to walmart on Saturdays.

Comment

• Leather luster for boots that stay shiny with minimal maintenance. Though, they only inspect you or look at the boots during the 1st 2 weeks then at the end. You won't have to worry about military creases, shirt stays or much of similar things.

Comment

• Wow I eod April 28th FLETC May 13th really hoping this virus doesn’t delay my process plan on giving my job a 2 week notice the first week of April

Comment

• My job just informed half of the employees at the branch will not be working until at least April 6 and they stated that we could use any choice time for PTO, but that when that runs out we could file for unemployment. I am currently set to EOD in June. Would filling for unemployment affect my status with CBP?
              Last edited by ProtoCBP; 03-18-2020, 06:34 PM.

Comment

• merlin436
                merlin436 commented
                Editing a comment
                I doubt it. Just report it to the relevant background/investigative people.

• Flapeeps
                Flapeeps commented
                Editing a comment
                It shouldnt. Your benefits will end the day before you EOD. At least thats how it works here in Florida
                Last edited by Flapeeps; 03-19-2020, 03:01 AM.

• First confirmed case for people waiting to go to fletc in case they change how things are going

https://www.wtoc.com/2020/03/19/glyn...dLDuYS-iUO3-YA

Comment

• TsFost
                TsFost commented
                Editing a comment
                I already got my FLETC cancelled email yesterday. I talked to my POC at my new duty station and he said FLETC being down does not change EODs and I'm expected next week as planned. What happens after that 2 weeks is up in the air but I'll keep people up to date as I go if FLETC hasn't reopened to new classes by then.

• Rmodel1965
                Rmodel1965 commented
                Editing a comment
                That sucks. We have a second conformation of a case in glynn county now.

• any of you been thru the process for more than 2 yrs have to redo the initial medical process?

Comment

• fonzi7979
                fonzi7979 commented
                Editing a comment
                Did you complete medical? They may need redo it possibly expired.

• Leon0215
                Leon0215 commented
                Editing a comment
                fonzi7979 drug test is my next step but my initial medical was in 2017

• Announcement 19-4
              Applied 2-19-2019
              EQip-3/26/2019
              Fitness 1- 5/20/2019
              Medical - Pending

3-11-2019 I submitted my Medical. 6-19-2019 CBP requests more info on medical. I take anxiety medicine that suppress cognitive thinking even though I’m fine with completing multiple tasks had to see a psychologist to see if I’m mentally cleared . 6-28-2019 Psychologist sends documents to clear me. 8-6-2019 CBP requires more medical info on my mitral valve prolapse requires a Echo and Heart history. This condition doesn’t hinder me in any way. 9/10/2019 Cardiologist sends results. I haven’t heard anything till about now when I contacted recruiter. She adv It recently completed medical officer review (1/16/20) and moved back to Nurse Review (1/24/20). BI is open. Last touch 12/19/19.
              Currently standing at 38% complete...

Comment

• I hope everyone is staying safe and well. I’ve been following this forum for a while. I finally decided to sign up and now I’m able to post =) Here’s my journey with the process:

6/24/19 - Applied

7/3/19 - Referred to hiring manager

7/3/19 - Tentative job offer

7/9/19 - Applicant ID received

7/12/19 - Medical

8/5/19 - PFT1 (Passed)

8/20/19 - Medical documentation requested

8/21/19 - SI (Passed)

9/10/19 - e-QIP submitted to OPR

9/19/19 - Medical documentation submitted

9/27/19 - Additional medical documentation requested

10/27-19 - Additional medical documentation submitted

1/3/20- Medical cleared

2/14/20 - Notified for polygraph scheduling

3/12/20 - Polygraph - tentative pass

3/17/20 - Informed that the polygraph was successfully completed and my application was being forwarded to the next step in the hiring process

3/18/20 - Assigned new case manager, asked to recertify e-QIP

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7618 users online. 435 members and 7183 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X