Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time posting on here... current CBP candidate. Just heard this morning that I passed the interview, also actively working with CBP HR to edit my EQIP and submit it. Postponed my medical because of LASIK but everything seems to be slowed down because of COVID ( I was one of the last interview before they put everything on hold... as what I was told)

Comment

• Maggie718
      Maggie718 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats on passing the interview. I was the first to get interviewed from a group of 20....and man I was excited to know I passed, so I bet you are too. Congrats again and good luck with the rest of your process.

• Sorry to hear FLETC is shutting down... does that mean the wait for people in the process are also getting delayed?

I got an e-mail from my recruiter 2 weeks ago saying that "within the next few weeks" I should be getting a call to schedule a polygraph but nothing so far.

Comment

• Maggie718
      Maggie718 commented
      Editing a comment
      SPX I too have the poly, BI, and drug test left....and I was told the process would be delayed but I’m hoping it’s not.

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      Our timelines/progress are almost identical

• Maggie718
      Maggie718 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes!! I hope this virus doesn’t interrupt our process and we get that call/email. My neighbor said he would find out what’s going on cause he has a buddy in the poly department, but said he can’t promise anything, but once I find out I’ll let you know.

• CBPO 19-9/GS-7. Verbal pass from poly on 3/18.

FYI to Newark folks, they have tiny lockers in the office for your phone/smartwatch. You don't have to leave them in your car like I did.

Comment

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll never understand how I'm 19-4 Newark and still waiting. I didnt have a single holdup and completed everything immediately without delaying any of my dates.

• Rubicon
      Rubicon commented
      Editing a comment
      There were 3 others testing, too. I think one of them applied after me, and one applied in 2017 (had some weird processing issues). It may be entirely at random, from a bingo machine.

• RB7744
      RB7744 commented
      Editing a comment
      Im 19-5 seeking EWR, zero holdups on anything at all... STILL no poly, dont get it...

• Hey guys, I already accepted the job offer with CBP, have EOD in Jul 2020,
    has CBP ever canceled a job offer? Unless I sign onboard papers...this offer is not guarantee yet right?
    I read USCIS did canceled a bunch of offers few months ago..screwed a bunch of people up.. All they said was sorry...nothing we can do to help you...
    I plan on quitting my job in May and move whole family to where my port is... but now thing corona thing, fletc shut down... smh....

Comment

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      I think in the end FLETC won't be shut down for too long. Honestly I can see them doing a decontamination of the base including all dorms. Then bring people back who need to finish classes after doing corona tests on each. That way they can clear them out and then start on new classes. I do see them prioritizing agencies based on needs for a while to keep the numbers down. TSA use to train all their people in house. So I could see them doing that again to free up FLETC space for the time being when their hiring freeze is finally lifted at the end of April.

• Jr90037
      Jr90037 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m hoping they cuz us back .. I’m not trying to quit my job and go do busy work .. they can’t have a bunch of us at the ports just doing nothing

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Jr90037

They can and they will.

Best yet, since they are letting people attend ports of convenience for pre-academy, expect to see lots of people who not only will spend most of their time twiddling their thumbs and working menial tasks during pre-academy, but the few "useful" things they do learn...many of those things will be 0% relevant when transferred to the actual working ports.

• AJSIN0311
      AJSIN0311 commented
      Editing a comment
      This is what the port program manager sent me when I asked about my FLETC date and EOD (which is also July 2020)

At this time, CBP is still onboarding new employees as scheduled. Your academy class dates will most likely change so be prepared to spend more time at the port of entry in our pre-academy training program before actually reporting to the academy for basic training.

Please understand things are constantly changing so please continue to remain patient with us and remember to stay safe by practicing social distancing and washing your hands frequently.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you,

• DrigoCBP V_AntCBP ill let you both know if I find anything out about EODs if I get a call back from the training and scheduling unit. Hopefully they just postpone them as a worst case scenario. I don’t see how it would be possible for them to revoke job offers.

Comment

• DrigoCBP
      DrigoCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      I really hope thats the case! Thanks man, let me know if u hear anything

• redfish112
      redfish112 commented
      Editing a comment
      DrigoCBP I finally heard back from the hiring center. All they told me was that EOD’s are not changing at the moment and we will be contacted if our dates are changed.

• DrigoCBP
      DrigoCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Thats good news! Thanks for the update !

• Good afternoon,
    Is it normal, to be in backgrounds but never been contacted by a BI? Also, no one in my EQUIP have been contacted either?

Thank you in advanced
    Last edited by Barbie711; 03-21-2020, 03:20 PM.

Comment

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      From what I've seen on here and Delphi you aren't truly in the background stage most likely. Can't trust CASS lol. You'll know you're in the BI stage when you get a call from an investigator

• Originally posted by ian.gavin View Post
    Hey everyone VRA 18-10 applicant here. Finally got scheduled for my poly. Here’s been my timeline, San Francisco Area Office:

10 July 2018: Applied
    19 July 2018: NOR Eligible for GS-9
    23 July 2018: Tentatively Selected & Scheduled for Medical
    27 July 2018: EQIP Submitted
    30 July 2018: EQIP sent to OPR

06 Aug 2018: Fitness Test reciprocity granted
    20 Aug 2018: Scheduled for SI on 18 Sep 2018

18 Sep 2018: Completed SI & Fingerprinting
    26 Sep 2018: Notified I passed SI

03 Oct 2018: Completed Medical

10 Mar 2020: Scheduled for Polygraph in San Jose next month.

My Poly got cancelled due to COVID last week! Yay (sarcasm)
    Last edited by ian.gavin; 03-22-2020, 10:57 PM.

Comment

• Gixxerman
      Gixxerman commented
      Editing a comment
      I have both, Marine Corps and Federal Buraeu of Prisons.... I applied for a 7. I thought I wouldn't rate it because it required experience exporting and importing goods, and processing person in and out of the United States.

• Flapeeps
      Flapeeps commented
      Editing a comment
      Gixxerman. I had sent you the following "When I applied and was denied for gs9 the recruiter immediately asked if i had any previous experience with arrest and detain authority, since i didn't, he said i couldnt be a gs9. He to me to go back and apply as a 7 and everything worked out"

• Jr90037
      Jr90037 commented
      Editing a comment
      I qualified as a gs9 I’m non fed LEO

• adsingh22
      adsingh22 commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you call to verify or did they notify you?

• 19-1 DH
    Already got the call. EOD in July.
    I took my medical in May 2018, but it cleared almost a year later in April 2019. Will I have to retake the entire medical exam again or just sign the medical reclearance papers they send considering I'm coming up on 2 years since I took the medical, and 1 year that it got cleared?

Comment

• MattyjayG
      MattyjayG commented
      Editing a comment
      At this time, we require an update to your medical status. In order to comply with the pre-employment requirements, you will receive a separate email from us within the next 24 hours that contains a medical self-certification form for you to complete. ​​​​​​​ You will need to enter your medical clearance date on this form:

You should get a email like this I think. I’m 19-2

• Leon0215
      Leon0215 commented
      Editing a comment
      MattyjayG jdop7 this is what i’ve been looking for.. so for me 18-3... my process is done and up to background investigation and the following part would be drug test, i will then, do a self certification on medical clearance and do i have to visit the medical facility and redo all the eye sight, ekg, push ups sit ups etc...?

• jdop7
      jdop7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Leon0215 I really hope we don't have to visit the medical clinic again. I hope it's just a reclearance form that we have to sign and that's it. Medical took so long to clear the first time, it would be devastating to have to go through it again.

• 19-1 originally. I posted earlier that I had poly for the 20th of March. Today I got my result. Passed. Don’t give up guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonicDust187 View Post
      19-1 originally. I posted earlier that I had poly for the 20th of March. Today I got my result. Passed. Don’t give up guys.
      Damn had my poly 20th too still waiting for my result.

Comment

• Hm sent a follow up email to the NJ recruiter on March 9th and haven't heard back - hopefully they're still responding to us.
        CBPO 19-4 - Switched to 19-8

CASS APP-50%
        EQIP - Completed
        Medical Exam - Completed
        Structured Interview - Completed
        Fitness Test - Completed
        Polygraph - TBD

Comment

• Originally posted by simonxu2 View Post

Damn had my poly 20th too still waiting for my result.
          Where did you take your poly?

Comment

• Originally posted by SonicDust187 View Post

Where did you take your poly?
            Houston Texas

Comment

• Dont think anyone is going to EOD at their Scheduled times. All of us who were at FLETC and Evacuated don't even have a return date. We were suppose to return to our ports but that has changed as well. Let's pray for a vaccine because if this continues and we are out to long. All the sessions that were in will have to start over. Good Luck Guys !!!
              Last edited by Kevin1234; 03-23-2020, 09:06 PM.

Comment

• TsFost
                TsFost commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm EOD'ing on time next week. Already got called and told to report as scheduled, and be ready for an extended pre-academy. They have 4 days to change their mind so lets see what happens.

• Page
                Page commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, TsFost, you've MENTIONED that, congrats, enjoy. ANYWAY, I was interested in what Kevin1234 was saying: he was supposed to return to his port but that changed -- just wondering the specifics on THAT.

• kli0211
                kli0211 commented
                Editing a comment
                TsFost I also got word today that the agency is honoring EOD dates, so those won’t change.

• CBPOFO23
                CBPOFO23 commented
                Editing a comment
                Message deleted
                Last edited by CBPOFO23; 04-05-2020, 05:05 PM.

• Different ports are doing different things. My entire session are all in a group chat. From LAX, JFK, EL PASO, HNL, DULLES, MICHIGAN, MIAMI, EWR, DFW, ETC. SEA PORTS, LAND BORDERS AND AIRPORTS got different mandates. Alot of us at some of those airports have been given directive to stay home, but be available on call at any given moment, because we are being paid. Land borders and Sea ports are functioning different. It guess it depends on how bad things get. After all, ID's do say (Federal Emergency Response Officials) So you never know what they'll have us do.

Comment

• Page
                Page commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you for the info Kevin1234, I was just wondering exactly what the plan is for those told to leave FLETC. Just curious should I wind up in a similar situation down the road.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5178 users online. 298 members and 4880 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X