Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am choosing Newark, NJ I live in the orange county area and JFK at this time would be a hell of a ride daily. If no choice then, it is what is.

Comment

• GardenStateCO
      GardenStateCO commented
      Editing a comment
      where did you take your poly? how was your experience ?

• With the whole corona virus going on is the hiring process going to be slowed down? I’m still waiting on poly currently.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      sure it will slow things down... suck...many people have been waiting for so long..... cb6941

• 19-2 Bi just cleared!!

Comment

• Is anyone concerned/scared for EOD dates affected by pandemic? I am rethinking quitting my current job. I had given my two weeks for the end of this month. Now I'm unsure what to do, like what if FLETC gets pushed back or postponed?

Comment

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        We'll just have to see how things go. I EOD in two weeks as well with an April 14th FLETC date, so I hope things proceed well.

• GardenStateCO
        GardenStateCO commented
        Editing a comment
        you coming from a federal job? If not you don't have to give your job 2 week notice....

• thelonelybum
        thelonelybum commented
        Editing a comment
        I think you guys are over thinking things, once you're hired you can get workers comp if "you contracted the Corona virus at work" which will be nearly impossible to say where you contracted it

• 210CBPO
        210CBPO commented
        Editing a comment
        well for those of you going soon to the academy or at the port already, I don't think you should worry. I'm on the same boat as V_AntCBP. I don't EOD for the next 3 months and I'm trying to leave my non fed job soon ;(

• 19-2

Miami

Applied :11/29/18

Tentative Selection:12/07/18

EQIP Submitted 12/15/18

Fitness exam pass 01/02/19

Medical exam pass 12/28/18

Structure interview 01/03/19

Structure interview. pass 01/16/19

Notice of release to opr : 03/15/19

Polygraph 6/13/19 and 7/6/19 passed 7/9/19

Bi investigator first meet 08/07/19

NOPAL - 02/05/20

Advisory Letter for NOPAL returned 03/12/20

Background investigation : passed 03/13/20

Drug: pending ??

Final offer :?

EOD:?

Comment

• thelonelybum
        thelonelybum commented
        Editing a comment
        He means NOPA

• MattyjayG
        MattyjayG commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s actually NOPAL the L stand for letter lol
        Notice of Proposed Action Letter
        thelonelybum

• thelonelybum
        thelonelybum commented
        Editing a comment
        technically they do it by email now so it's not a letter anymore. if anything you can call it a NOPAE

• MattyjayG
        MattyjayG commented
        Editing a comment
        thelonelybum lmao okay...

• Finished my first week at FLETC. Previously I heard boots would be issued to you, but it was recommended to bring your own because of the poor quality. HIGHLY recommend bringing your own, because our class was not provided boots at uniform issue. It was expected that the individual supply boots, black crewneck shirts, and black socks by day two. everything else will be provided. Granted, we were sized for boots eventually, but likely will not get them for a long time, maybe even graduation. With that being said, if you were on the fence about bringing your own boots, do it now vs last minute the night before you need them. If they are new boots, polish the toe beforehand. It will save you time when you are stressed out week one.

Also, bring brass polish and shoe polish. those are hot commodities early on.

If you are on the fence about bringing your car, do it. some dorms are close to everything, but you may be in a hotel off base or in dorms out in the sticks. While you can't use your car to get to class (busses provided) it is a godsend when you need to get chow/gym/Walmart after hours.

For travel reimbursement, it is your choice to fly or drive. If you fly, the ticket is provided by the gov. If you drive, you will be reimbursed the amount of what an airplane ticket would cost to get you down here. It is not based on mileage.
      Last edited by CAL0231; 03-14-2020, 09:45 AM.

Comment

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd love to drive. The downside is my POE is in Brownsville TX, and I live in Nashville TN. I'm planning to fly down for my EOD, and look at options from there. If it works out that there is a solid day before needing to be at FLETC at the end of EOD pre-academy then I plan to fly back to Nashville out of pocket (cheap enough air travel right now). Then drive down (about a 10 hour drive). However if they would prefer to fly me from Brownsville to FLETC due to time constraints I'll just have to ask for permission on a weekend to fly home and then drive down. Because I was there for TSA and not having a car for 2 weeks sucked. Couldn't imagine going the full time lol

• Exbpa340
        Exbpa340 commented
        Editing a comment
        I wouldn’t be surprised is FLETC is shut down in the very near future.

• invertedPanda
        invertedPanda commented
        Editing a comment
        The issued boots come in your first vf solutions order

• CAL0231
        CAL0231 commented
        Editing a comment
        TsFost - Shouldn't be a problem unless your port are sticklers. I drove down from my POE in Vermont, since it takes more than a day's worth to drive that distance, they moved around my schedule so my weekend lined up right before my travel day. So I effectively had 3 days to get down there, and could do whatever I wanted during that time. As long as you make it down there, they don't really care how.
        Last edited by CAL0231; 03-14-2020, 11:32 PM.

• Does anyone know if the academy has started to issue the glock 19? or do they still have the H&K P2000?

Comment

• collapse
        collapse commented
        Editing a comment
        The glock 19

• Manonfire6666
        Manonfire6666 commented
        Editing a comment
        Glock 19? What happened to the Glock 47?

• invertedPanda
        invertedPanda commented
        Editing a comment
        The Glock 47 wasn't selected by OFO

• OKCsparrow
        OKCsparrow commented
        Editing a comment
        Border Patrol gets the Glock 47

• I’m hearing trump might stop interstate travel dam these EODs. Are about to get moved

Comment

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        Last year it was the shutdown - now its going to be the Coronavirus.

• thelonelybum
        thelonelybum commented
        Editing a comment
        big might tho, that's putting the country on lock down which not everyone supports

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        corsair if they choose to do that it is going to be for unnecessary travel and no leisure travel but if you have to work it’s understood. Total shutdown not yet but let’s see.

• Hey there! I am currently in the hiring process, i have taken the medical and fitness exam and have my structured interview tomorrow. Does anyone have any advice on the interview, I have never partaken in a videotaped interview.

Comment

• Flapeeps
        Flapeeps commented
        Editing a comment
        Corsair is absolutely correct

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        what corsair said and...when answering questions,be confident, use common sense, care for safety of self and others.... team work, Kgray555 Lastly, Don't cough and sneeze ....lol kidding, you will do fine....
        Last edited by V_AntCBP; 03-16-2020, 07:27 AM.

• Kgray555
        Kgray555 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you guys! I just got my notification I passed! Next is psychologist phone interview and what seems like a very long waiting game for poly and background check.

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        What the hell is a psychologist phone interview!?

• Medical Just cleared. Heres an update for 20-4 (GS-9)

20-4 progress (GS-9):

Applied: Feb 20, 2020
      EQIP: Mar 1, 2020 (Accepted)
      SI: Mar 3 (Passed)
      Medical: March 4 (Passed)
      PFT1: March 5 (Passed)
      Polygraph:
      BI:
      Drug Test:
      Final Offer:

Just joining the wait for the polygraph club

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        You are flying thru...under 1 month in and you got 50%... When i applied, 3.5 months to get there.... BGDZ2020 good luck... hope you are not in JFK or EWR... they have a huge backlogged of poly...

• BGDZ2020
        BGDZ2020 commented
        Editing a comment
        Not either of those locations. Going for DTW.

• Theone720
        Theone720 commented
        Editing a comment
        When did you take your medical? I had mine on the 3rd of March and I’m still waiting to clear that step. My PFT1 which was the 4th is showing as passed just awaiting medical

• My current agency (DOJ) just canceled FLETC for a bunch of guys today. It seems that GLYNCO is not accepting anyone as of right now.

Comment

• Jr90037
        Jr90037 commented
        Editing a comment
        That probably means the same for cbp too

• fort1978
        fort1978 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm hearing the same thing, but im also hearing from a source at FLETC right now that they are goingnto allow classes to go, but they will be tested when getting there. They also are canceling some classes, but only certain departments. From what they are saying CBP will not because they need people at ports of entry.

• invertedPanda
        invertedPanda commented
        Editing a comment
        It really does seem to be dependant on the agency. It's going to be a logistical nightmare to for CBP to send everyone home.

Locally, Glynn County is already shutting down schools so it's only a matter of time to see how much that affects FLETC's decisions.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        There are dozens of agencies at FLETC. Each has it's own levels of bureaucracy. Then there are the relevant state and local agencies with oversight either in Brunswick or within FLETC proper.

Once the early birds pull the plug on COVID-19, I'll bet that it's only a matter of days at most before FLETC follows suit, willingly or not.

• 19-1. Still waiting for polygraph. Any other 19-1?

Comment

• TESLA3
        TESLA3 commented
        Editing a comment
        18-9 just scheduled poly in April last week, be patient, good luck!!

• ? Can anyone advise How long after the DT has been administered does it take to upload to CASS.

Comment

• Flapeeps
        Flapeeps commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree. Been waiting for two weeks

• NYBseBall89
        NYBseBall89 commented
        Editing a comment
        Just a heads up mine never updated. I was even called and offered a job. Fast forward 1 month later and I was called and told that my drug sample was lost and that I need to redo it.

• Does anyone know if GS-9 vra applicants are still given a waiver for pft-1 if they have a current DoD pt test within a year? I went through the process with 17-10 and was sent an e-mail about it and it got waived. I reapplied the other week and got the usual e-mails for e-quip and medical, but nothing yet about pft-1 waiver.

Comment

• Had to do a quick MSC to clear medical again since its been over 2 years since my medical cleared...CASS dropped back to 63% hahaha... still waiting on my DT to clear when I took it on wed last week

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          my MSC cleared next day. Went right back to 75%,

• thelonelybum
          thelonelybum commented
          Editing a comment
          I got an email saying it cleared but CASS still at 63, also this drug test is taking longer than I thought it would. Was expecting results already, but I guess the Corona virus is slowing things down

• CBPOFO23
          CBPOFO23 commented
          Editing a comment
          Message deleted
          Last edited by CBPOFO23; 04-05-2020, 04:06 PM.

• jdop7
          jdop7 commented
          Editing a comment
          What does MSC mean?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5380 users online. 256 members and 5124 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X