Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you guys for the help

Comment

• Question for the guys currently at the academy. When you went to your Duty Station does the duty station/CBP organize a way for you to make it back to the academy in Georgia? I understand you have to make your way down to the duty station and pay for your own room and board when there.

Comment

• ES90
        ES90 commented
        Editing a comment
        Since you'll be a gov't employ, your flight will be paid for.

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        ES90 that’s correct flight to training and back home is included. Any other travels during that time is on you.

• anfirsts 3 years is kool... No sick time right? That way your probation will be cleared at PD. That way u can get both your off duty and your duty weapon. The CBP academy is 4 month and 2 weeks. 2 weeks Pre-Academy, 4 months at FLETC. And then there is a Post Academy training at your duty port when u return. I'm guessing your a GS9 so your Salary would be decent. And you will have only 2 years to get to GS12. Atm you should go get your HR218 from PD or from a license FFL dealer before u resign.

Comment

• invertedPanda
        invertedPanda commented
        Editing a comment
        There is no off duty and duty weapon. Your duty weapon is your off duty weapon.

• Happy 1 Year from receiving my passing email regarding my SI. Looks like I’ll be in the 13-14 month boat for the polygraph.
      CBPO 19-4 - Switched to 19-8

CASS APP-50%
      EQIP - Completed
      Medical Exam - Completed
      Structured Interview - Completed
      Fitness Test - Completed
      Polygraph - TBD

Comment

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        corsair I am right behind you. I still say you will be scheduled before me but who knows.

• How long after your medical appointment does it usually take to clear? If you have no follow ups to it and everything checked out according to requirements. I am getting anxious for sure as everything else cleared super quick.

Comment

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        My medical cleared in 3 business days. Now I am waiting for the polygraph exam to be scheduled been waiting since April 2019. Almost a year from SI and 15 months since I applied. Any day now hopefully. I have read JFK port the wait can be rather long with regular hire. Just looking for the opportunity and run with it.

• Rubicon
        Rubicon commented
        Editing a comment
        Fwiw, they asked for followup details about an ER visit, a month after my medical exam. Sent the requested info and noticed that it was cleared in CASS a week later.

• ? After the drug test how long approximately does the results take to post and how long is the next step I believe is the final offer. Any educated answers. Thank you one and all for comments and input.

Comment

• Nousername1
        Nousername1 commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s different for all applicants. For me, I got called Tuesday mid day to schedule the DT, took it the following day and got the offer call Monday before DT cleared. I checked CASS Friday morning and it was at 100%.

• Flapeeps
        Flapeeps commented
        Editing a comment
        For me BI cleared on feb 25 taking me to 75%, first clue there was some movement was because, the previous two weeks i received letters from the credit bureaus about employment checks on my credit. Feb 26 i got the call to schedule drug test but their weird hours for scheduling meant i had to call back on March 2nd. Took the test on the 3rd. Dropped back down to 63% the 4th but Received via email a preemployment medical form on the 4th and sent it back that night. Got an email the next day on the morning of the 5th saying they received my email and that i was recleared and by evening was back up to 75%. I received offer call the 10th, location the 11th this morning. Still showing 75% as the drug test has cleared and final offer pending. Sorry about the long post and detail, i just hate when people are ambiguous in their answers.

• I just took my polygraph on Monday. My examiner told me that she had to stop the polygraph, accused me of lying on the [redacted] questions and then said it will be sent to quality control to see whether I passed or not. I've heard/seen other people say their examiner gave them a verbal pass, so I'm kind of nervous. Also, my poly was only 2.5 hours long whereas others were 8 hours long. How long does it take to get your results?
      Last edited by taway1; 03-11-2020, 08:41 PM.

Comment

• IndexBoss
        IndexBoss commented
        Editing a comment
        A buddy of mine who was an outstanding candidate and had good morals just was notified he failed the CBP poly. Good luck to all.

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        taway1 doesn't sound good. But QC has final saying so ...wait for them... if you have to wait several weeks, usually a retake or failed.. I'm sorry but usually if they stopped you right in the middle of the test, its bad.... Thats how poly goes, base on your reactions to the questions, you could be clear as sky but you feel nervous, you will get ding....

• straightaim
        straightaim commented
        Editing a comment
        From my experience, having failed and passed polygraphs before. If the examiner said you failed or there were issues with questions, you failed. QC will stick with the examiner. If the examiner told you you passed or there were no issues, you most likely passed and either will be cleared by QC or have to retest (but not failed). Speaking from my experience only.

• Wanderlust_
        Wanderlust_ commented
        Editing a comment
        My poly was 4 hours long and I was also told I wasn't being truthful about a particular subject.I was given a verbal pass however it was kicked back by Quality Control .I had to go back for more testing which lasted about an hour. I was given a verbal pass again. This time Quality Control gave me the green light.

• Message deleted
      Last edited by CBPOFO23; 04-05-2020, 04:07 PM.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Thats what I'm afraid of, I have to move to the worst state of this crisis right now...smh... hopefully things will calm down in couple weeks or so... CBPOFO23

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        I just got an email yesterday from CBP hiring stating my EOD at the end of the month is going still happening, and had a FAQ sheet with it. Doesn't seem like they want to slow it down so that's fine by me.

• Was thinking the same exact thing

Comment

• I am pretty sure this question has been asked before but i looked everywhere even on other forums and have yet to find a decent and updated response to it. How long does it normally take to get a pre-clearance transfer to a port overseas and would your rank upon entry dictate the speed in which you can transfer? Ex. A GS5 applying vs a GS9. Also is there a separate website that is not open to the public and is for current employees only where you can look to see open availability within ports? All answers are greatly appreciated.

Comment

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          Years...to never. It's unlikely to happen to anyone not a journeyman. Yes. No.

• corsair
          corsair commented
          Editing a comment
          Like Merlin said, from my understanding its nearly impossible and the only way you're going is if your rank is near max.

• For those who received a NOPA, how long after receiving your Acknowledgment of Advisement Letter did you get a Green check on Cass.
        19-2 Miami (hopefully lol)

Comment

• Hey guys,
          has anyone experienced getting an email from OPR regarding expediting adjudication on their background wanting to confirm email address?

Comment

• Hey brothers and sisters. EOD on April 10th, Academy, April 13th. My question is with all this talk of Coronavirus and everything shutting down has anyone heard of any FLETC news and shutting down or delaying classes?

Comment

• invertedPanda
            invertedPanda commented
            Editing a comment
            It's a strong possibility that is being discussed down here. FLETC is restricting guests coming on post. My class has already been told that no guests will be at our graduation until further notice.

• fort1978
            fort1978 commented
            Editing a comment
            invertedPanda I'm hearing the same thing. From what i hear the are going to stsrt sending questionairs to people asking about possible symptoms and they are going to test people wehn they get to the academy.

• Hey everyone VRA 18-10 applicant here. Finally got scheduled for my poly. Here’s been my timeline, San Francisco Area Office:

10 July 2018: Applied
          19 July 2018: NOR Eligible for GS-9
          23 July 2018: Tentatively Selected & Scheduled for Medical
          27 July 2018: EQIP Submitted
          30 July 2018: EQIP sent to OPR

06 Aug 2018: Fitness Test reciprocity granted
          20 Aug 2018: Scheduled for SI on 18 Sep 2018

18 Sep 2018: Completed SI & Fingerprinting
          26 Sep 2018: Notified I passed SI

03 Oct 2018: Completed Medical

10 Mar 2020: Scheduled for Polygraph in San Jose next month.

Comment

• corsair
            corsair commented
            Editing a comment
            Holy crap at your wait for the poly

• thelonelybum
            thelonelybum commented
            Editing a comment
            congrats halfway there, I'm also for SFO duty location

• fonzi7979
            fonzi7979 commented
            Editing a comment
            ian.gavin congrats to finally being scheduled for your polygraph exam. Thanks for sharing your timeline it gives me hope to being scheduled soon.

• TESLA3
            TESLA3 commented
            Editing a comment
            same here! almost the same timeline, I just got an email this week to schedule for Polygraph in San Jose next month. Good Luck to everyone !!!

• 18/12
          Hey guys and gals things started to move rapidly for me
          Poly on 02/25
          Results 03/06 passed
          Investigator 03/10
          Drug test 03/12 awaiting results. Not the least concerned.
          Final offer phone call this afternoon.!! However I missed the call due to having the phone on silent.
          ? Should I be worried!! I did call back the 952 # which is scheduling and left a message of acknowledgement.
          As usual; all inputs are immensely appreciated. Please; awaiting for some feed back.
          Again stay focus and sail the course. Thanks everybody.!!!!

Comment

• RB7744
            RB7744 commented
            Editing a comment
            With it moving so quickly for him does this mean he was granted provisional?

• corsair
            corsair commented
            Editing a comment
            Where did you have your poly? I'm 19-4 and still waiting for poly for Newark.

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            Got the call before background cleared is provisional RB7744

• fonzi7979
            fonzi7979 commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats. I am glad to see things are moving along for you so hopefully this will get all of us waiting to be scheduled for the polygraph is around the corner

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5612 users online. 275 members and 5337 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X