Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished my first week at FLETC. Previously I heard boots would be issued to you, but it was recommended to bring your own because of the poor quality. HIGHLY recommend bringing your own, because our class was not provided boots at uniform issue. It was expected that the individual supply boots, black crewneck shirts, and black socks by day two. everything else will be provided. Granted, we were sized for boots eventually, but likely will not get them for a long time, maybe even graduation. With that being said, if you were on the fence about bringing your own boots, do it now vs last minute the night before you need them. If they are new boots, polish the toe beforehand. It will save you time when you are stressed out week one.

Also, bring brass polish and shoe polish. those are hot commodities early on.

If you are on the fence about bringing your car, do it. some dorms are close to everything, but you may be in a hotel off base or in dorms out in the sticks. While you can't use your car to get to class (busses provided) it is a godsend when you need to get chow/gym/Walmart after hours.

For travel reimbursement, it is your choice to fly or drive. If you fly, the ticket is provided by the gov. If you drive, you will be reimbursed the amount of what an airplane ticket would cost to get you down here. It is not based on mileage.
    Last edited by CAL0231; 03-14-2020, 10:45 AM.

Comment

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd love to drive. The downside is my POE is in Brownsville TX, and I live in Nashville TN. I'm planning to fly down for my EOD, and look at options from there. If it works out that there is a solid day before needing to be at FLETC at the end of EOD pre-academy then I plan to fly back to Nashville out of pocket (cheap enough air travel right now). Then drive down (about a 10 hour drive). However if they would prefer to fly me from Brownsville to FLETC due to time constraints I'll just have to ask for permission on a weekend to fly home and then drive down. Because I was there for TSA and not having a car for 2 weeks sucked. Couldn't imagine going the full time lol

• Exbpa340
      Exbpa340 commented
      Editing a comment
      I wouldn’t be surprised is FLETC is shut down in the very near future.

• invertedPanda
      invertedPanda commented
      Editing a comment
      The issued boots come in your first vf solutions order

• CAL0231
      CAL0231 commented
      Editing a comment
      TsFost - Shouldn't be a problem unless your port are sticklers. I drove down from my POE in Vermont, since it takes more than a day's worth to drive that distance, they moved around my schedule so my weekend lined up right before my travel day. So I effectively had 3 days to get down there, and could do whatever I wanted during that time. As long as you make it down there, they don't really care how.
      Last edited by CAL0231; 03-15-2020, 12:32 AM.

• Does anyone know if the academy has started to issue the glock 19? or do they still have the H&K P2000?

Comment

• collapse
      collapse commented
      Editing a comment
      The glock 19

• Manonfire6666
      Manonfire6666 commented
      Editing a comment
      Glock 19? What happened to the Glock 47?

• invertedPanda
      invertedPanda commented
      Editing a comment
      The Glock 47 wasn't selected by OFO

• OKCsparrow
      OKCsparrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Border Patrol gets the Glock 47

• I’m hearing trump might stop interstate travel dam these EODs. Are about to get moved

Comment

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      Last year it was the shutdown - now its going to be the Coronavirus.

• thelonelybum
      thelonelybum commented
      Editing a comment
      big might tho, that's putting the country on lock down which not everyone supports

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      corsair if they choose to do that it is going to be for unnecessary travel and no leisure travel but if you have to work it’s understood. Total shutdown not yet but let’s see.

• Hey there! I am currently in the hiring process, i have taken the medical and fitness exam and have my structured interview tomorrow. Does anyone have any advice on the interview, I have never partaken in a videotaped interview.

Comment

• Flapeeps
      Flapeeps commented
      Editing a comment
      Corsair is absolutely correct

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      what corsair said and...when answering questions,be confident, use common sense, care for safety of self and others.... team work, Kgray555 Lastly, Don't cough and sneeze ....lol kidding, you will do fine....
      Last edited by V_AntCBP; 03-16-2020, 08:27 AM.

• Kgray555
      Kgray555 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you guys! I just got my notification I passed! Next is psychologist phone interview and what seems like a very long waiting game for poly and background check.

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      What the hell is a psychologist phone interview!?

• Medical Just cleared. Heres an update for 20-4 (GS-9)

20-4 progress (GS-9):

Applied: Feb 20, 2020
    EQIP: Mar 1, 2020 (Accepted)
    SI: Mar 3 (Passed)
    Medical: March 4 (Passed)
    PFT1: March 5 (Passed)
    Polygraph:
    BI:
    Drug Test:
    Final Offer:

Just joining the wait for the polygraph club

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      You are flying thru...under 1 month in and you got 50%... When i applied, 3.5 months to get there.... BGDZ2020 good luck... hope you are not in JFK or EWR... they have a huge backlogged of poly...

• BGDZ2020
      BGDZ2020 commented
      Editing a comment
      Not either of those locations. Going for DTW.

• Theone720
      Theone720 commented
      Editing a comment
      When did you take your medical? I had mine on the 3rd of March and I’m still waiting to clear that step. My PFT1 which was the 4th is showing as passed just awaiting medical

• My current agency (DOJ) just canceled FLETC for a bunch of guys today. It seems that GLYNCO is not accepting anyone as of right now.

Comment

• Jr90037
      Jr90037 commented
      Editing a comment
      That probably means the same for cbp too

• fort1978
      fort1978 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm hearing the same thing, but im also hearing from a source at FLETC right now that they are goingnto allow classes to go, but they will be tested when getting there. They also are canceling some classes, but only certain departments. From what they are saying CBP will not because they need people at ports of entry.

• invertedPanda
      invertedPanda commented
      Editing a comment
      It really does seem to be dependant on the agency. It's going to be a logistical nightmare to for CBP to send everyone home.

Locally, Glynn County is already shutting down schools so it's only a matter of time to see how much that affects FLETC's decisions.

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      There are dozens of agencies at FLETC. Each has it's own levels of bureaucracy. Then there are the relevant state and local agencies with oversight either in Brunswick or within FLETC proper.

Once the early birds pull the plug on COVID-19, I'll bet that it's only a matter of days at most before FLETC follows suit, willingly or not.

• 19-1. Still waiting for polygraph. Any other 19-1?

Comment

• TESLA3
      TESLA3 commented
      Editing a comment
      18-9 just scheduled poly in April last week, be patient, good luck!!

• ? Can anyone advise How long after the DT has been administered does it take to upload to CASS.

Comment

• Flapeeps
      Flapeeps commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree. Been waiting for two weeks

• NYBseBall89
      NYBseBall89 commented
      Editing a comment
      Just a heads up mine never updated. I was even called and offered a job. Fast forward 1 month later and I was called and told that my drug sample was lost and that I need to redo it.

• Does anyone know if GS-9 vra applicants are still given a waiver for pft-1 if they have a current DoD pt test within a year? I went through the process with 17-10 and was sent an e-mail about it and it got waived. I reapplied the other week and got the usual e-mails for e-quip and medical, but nothing yet about pft-1 waiver.

Comment

• Had to do a quick MSC to clear medical again since its been over 2 years since my medical cleared...CASS dropped back to 63% hahaha... still waiting on my DT to clear when I took it on wed last week

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        my MSC cleared next day. Went right back to 75%,

• thelonelybum
        thelonelybum commented
        Editing a comment
        I got an email saying it cleared but CASS still at 63, also this drug test is taking longer than I thought it would. Was expecting results already, but I guess the Corona virus is slowing things down

• CBPOFO23
        CBPOFO23 commented
        Editing a comment
        Message deleted
        Last edited by CBPOFO23; 04-05-2020, 05:06 PM.

• jdop7
        jdop7 commented
        Editing a comment
        What does MSC mean?

• Hey guys, quick update on my end.
      announcement 19-6 , VRA, just got scheduled for my poly in April!!!!’
      USMC-6322 Comm/Nav Tech
      Oorah!

Comment

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats 813Deputy2b good luck with your polygraph. I feel like I will get scheduled soon as well. Keep us posted and be safe out there.

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        Least someones getting scheduled.

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        corsair we will get there soon hang in there sometimes we need to wait for good things to come in the near future.

• 813Deputy2b
        813Deputy2b commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks fellas! Yes you will get scheduled brother! Faith!!

• 19-2 (waiting on drug test)

Hey just a quick question for some insight to help me make a more informed decision: My family and I currently live in VA (we are young couple) ,If I’m unable to get my requested duty location (Miami) what other locations could serve as a decent substitute as far as cost of living, decent locality? My ultimate goal is to get to Atlanta. From the locations offered now, none of them seem to be appealing for my family. We are trying to make a list of other places but our lack of knowledge about the other states is working against us. We are originally from Florida hence why I picked that location.

Comment

• 20-4 Direct Hire. Also in process for BPA direct hire. Current LEO in NY. Passed fit SI and got printed. Currently on a medical review. Pain in the butt lol. Debating getting out of NYS for the southwest, dollar goes further and less.....liberal lol. Also contemplating JFK if available as fairly high starting salary, but long commute from upstate (dont wanna live downstate/nyc/li).
        Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

• Theone720
          Theone720 commented
          Editing a comment
          I too am a 20-4 completed SI prints pft1 and medical on March 3 and 4th just waiting now

• NJ Transit PFT got cancelled until further notice - wouldn't be surprised if they start postponing polys
        CBPO 19-4 - Switched to 19-8

CASS APP-50%
        EQIP - Completed
        Medical Exam - Completed
        Structured Interview - Completed
        Fitness Test - Completed
        Polygraph - TBD

Comment

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          You can say that again. Hopefully things will get better in the near future with the virus breakout. We need to have fate.

• I havent heard anything about my BPA PFT. Dunno if its corona related or medical review related. Did the cbpo one already.
        Dutchess County Deputy Sheriff

Written: Nov. 17th, 2007. Scored ~80. First ever civil service taken. Ranked 4xx. Hiring freeze in effect.

New York State Police

Written: Jan. 19th, 2008. Scored an 80.xx. Ranked 11,xxx.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3874 users online. 209 members and 3665 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X