Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone ever purchased Lawpro and/or Galls eight inch boots? How would you rate their overall quality and durability of their boots as a whole if you haven't specifically purchased their eight inch boot.
    Last edited by Gixxerman; 03-10-2020, 07:34 AM. Reason: Edited for clarification

Comment

• Marshal40
      Marshal40 commented
      Editing a comment
      No but have used the 5 and 6 inch from Galls for years.

• 18/12
    Took poly on 2/25/20 results positive confirmation on 3/6/20

Comment

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice. Did your CASS update?

• I'm in my 4th week at FLETC. FYI for new CBPO Trainees. Keep running to make sure you pass the 1.5 mile run on the first try. Although only the last one counts. Just walk with regular change of clothes to last 4 months. Everything else would be provided. If u can drive. Drive. Besides that, there is walmart and target about 10 mins away. Like me, you will make friends in your class, with a vehicle and you'll be ok. Everything is team effort. No room for 1 man team one messed up, you all will be punished. With the exception of exams. Everything else is about 1 unit. So program your minds from now. Other than that. Good luck

Comment

• Manonfire6666
      Manonfire6666 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the info. How’s boarding? Do you get your own room or you share?

• NoSlack898
      NoSlack898 commented
      Editing a comment
      Why do you say to be sure to pass the run on the first try if only the last one counts ??

• Boarding is comfortable... when you get here, where u stay and the necessary arrangements would be made. Integrity is paramount. Social media use is highly frowned upon and Alcohol abuse is the quickest way to get kicked out of FLETC and Fired by CBP. Just focus on studying, working out and getting through the time you're here.

Comment

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you have to keep your phones locked up during the day or can you have them on you?

• SheepDogg
      SheepDogg commented
      Editing a comment
      Kevin1234 You mentioned passing the first run, but only the last one counts. Any reason as to why you said that?

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Kevin1234 you could not have said it any other way I agree with you on that matter. Don’t abuse it yes it’s nice to feel like your away for college or a long business trip but need to be honest with yourself and responsible.

• Is there a dry cleaners on the Academy grounds? I know the FLETC academy in NM has a bar, Dry cleaners, and restaurant all right next to one another. does the Georgia facility have those luxuries aswell?

Comment

• 20-4 progress (GS-9):

Applied: Feb 20, 2020
      EQIP: Mar 1, 2020 (Accepted)
      SI: Mar 3 (Passed)
      Medical: March 4 (Pending Results)
      PFT1: March 5 (Passed)
      Polygraph:
      BI:
      Drug Test:
      Final Offer:

Comment

• Thatoneguyoh
        Thatoneguyoh commented
        Editing a comment
        Good luck and be patient for the polygraph

• BGDZ2020
        BGDZ2020 commented
        Editing a comment
        I appreciate that. I am sort of used to things taking a long time when I went through the process before with another DHS agency. Crazy how fast things came with CBP up until this point.

• Here's my timeline for CBPO VRA GS9 20-4 announcement if anyone is interested...

Applied - 1/13/2020
      Tenative offer - 1/24/2020
      E-Qip - 1/29/2020
      Medical exam (Follow up for hearing required) - 2/10/2020
      Fitness Test (Passed) - 2/13/2020
      Follow Up Medical Exam for Hearing (passed) - 2/27/2020
      Structured Interview (passed) - 3/4/2020

Everything above is greened up in CASS and I'm at 50%.

I have a current TS/SCI and intend to apply for a waiver.

Hoping everything moves as fast as it has so far.

I'll update when stuff happens so VRA guys can have a good idea of what to expect.

Comment

• Well have a 9 hour drive ahead of me to Minnesota. Leaving tomorrow at 4am to see where I have to go and how long it takes me to get to the polygraph location.

Comment

• I applied February 9th 2019 been. Passed my SI May1st 2019. Been waiting to take my poly ever since, anyone been waiting this long ? I’m in New York hoping to get into JFK port. Who can I contact to try and get an update ?
          Last edited by cb6941; 03-10-2020, 10:41 AM.

Comment

• fonzi7979
            fonzi7979 commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats @cb6941of getting this far. I am awaiting to be scheduled for the polygraph and be at JFK port if given the opportunity. Been waiting since April 2019 since completing my SI. Did you receive the sheet after completing your SI I would email case manager as well as ICAD for an update. I’m from 19-2 announcement. God willing see you at JFK one day.

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            cb6941 I waited 50 weeks, some guys on here have been waiting 13 14 months already ... so you gonna have to expect a long wait...especially NY NJ regions... Unfortunately there is no thing we can do about it... just have to wait for our turn....
            Last edited by V_AntCBP; 03-10-2020, 12:28 PM.

• rmpee
            rmpee commented
            Editing a comment
            Wait is real for NY/NJ. I applied March 2018 and didn't take my poly until October 2019. Granted there was a govt shutdown in December 2018 but it was 19 months from application. You probably won't be that long unless they have another shutdown or procedures change. Just expect a long wait and don't fuss over it

• fonzi7979
            fonzi7979 commented
            Editing a comment
            rmpee I hear you just trying to be patient.

• Nice, just got the call with the offer minutes ago. Thanks everyone on here for all the info.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            What did you get, whats your EOD? Congrats, well done... Flapeeps

• Flapeeps
            Flapeeps commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks. I asked for a location they didnt have so they are checking in to see if I can go there. My EOD is sept 15 and academy is sept 30. Its been a two year process

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh OK, nice, are you a Vra? If you are, I'm sure you will get the location, I will eod little bit before you, my process is 2 years plus too... Lol. Brutal but worth it when it's done man...

• Flapeeps
            Flapeeps commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes i am vra. Maybe I'll run into u at the academy

• Thank you guys for the help

Comment

• Question for the guys currently at the academy. When you went to your Duty Station does the duty station/CBP organize a way for you to make it back to the academy in Georgia? I understand you have to make your way down to the duty station and pay for your own room and board when there.

Comment

• ES90
              ES90 commented
              Editing a comment
              Since you'll be a gov't employ, your flight will be paid for.

• fonzi7979
              fonzi7979 commented
              Editing a comment
              ES90 that’s correct flight to training and back home is included. Any other travels during that time is on you.

• anfirsts 3 years is kool... No sick time right? That way your probation will be cleared at PD. That way u can get both your off duty and your duty weapon. The CBP academy is 4 month and 2 weeks. 2 weeks Pre-Academy, 4 months at FLETC. And then there is a Post Academy training at your duty port when u return. I'm guessing your a GS9 so your Salary would be decent. And you will have only 2 years to get to GS12. Atm you should go get your HR218 from PD or from a license FFL dealer before u resign.

Comment

• invertedPanda
              invertedPanda commented
              Editing a comment
              There is no off duty and duty weapon. Your duty weapon is your off duty weapon.

• Happy 1 Year from receiving my passing email regarding my SI. Looks like I’ll be in the 13-14 month boat for the polygraph.
            CBPO 19-4 - Switched to 19-8

CASS APP-50%
            EQIP - Completed
            Medical Exam - Completed
            Structured Interview - Completed
            Fitness Test - Completed
            Polygraph - TBD

Comment

• fonzi7979
              fonzi7979 commented
              Editing a comment
              corsair I am right behind you. I still say you will be scheduled before me but who knows.

• How long after your medical appointment does it usually take to clear? If you have no follow ups to it and everything checked out according to requirements. I am getting anxious for sure as everything else cleared super quick.

Comment

• fonzi7979
              fonzi7979 commented
              Editing a comment
              My medical cleared in 3 business days. Now I am waiting for the polygraph exam to be scheduled been waiting since April 2019. Almost a year from SI and 15 months since I applied. Any day now hopefully. I have read JFK port the wait can be rather long with regular hire. Just looking for the opportunity and run with it.

• Rubicon
              Rubicon commented
              Editing a comment
              Fwiw, they asked for followup details about an ER visit, a month after my medical exam. Sent the requested info and noticed that it was cleared in CASS a week later.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3670 users online. 197 members and 3473 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X