Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emailed the recruiting mgr for Newark, they told me that my background was being conducted and that once the file was closed they would move me to the poly sched unit.... lol not one person has been contacted yet that I listed. Wtfff

Comment

• Flapeeps
      Flapeeps commented
      Editing a comment
      My poly was first also

• RB7744
      RB7744 commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought it was first too lol... this rly sucks waiting. I could prob go with my plan and do my county alt route program (qualified for July BCPO class) and get my state class A cert and STILL wait for the poly it feels like :/

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes that is very interesting. I have no comment just be patient I guess.

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      your poly is always first, once you pass your poly then your background investigator will come and meet with you and he will personally meet with all of your references.

• I took polygraph in 2018 with unfavorable results in Newark and was never told why. Reapplied 2020 and next step now is poly. Does anyone have suggestions on if I should submit a FOIA request to figure out why I did not pass or if its even worth it? Anyone that failed and passed second time please comment to on your experience with the polygraph examiner.

Comment

• GardenStateCO
      GardenStateCO commented
      Editing a comment
      Scuddyp4 thank you I won't even waste my time then with the FOIA. I heard negative things about taking poly at the Newark location so I'm staying far away from there

• Page
      Page commented
      Editing a comment
      __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________
      Last edited by Page; 03-12-2020, 07:50 PM. Reason: I don’t want to be on this thread anymore.

• Wardog.357
      Wardog.357 commented
      Editing a comment
      GardenStateCO, Page I work at a private contract federal facility. They couldn't fire me anyways. Besides, I recently resigned. done with law enforcement! Going back to school for electrical engineering! Time to make real money.

• Page
      Page commented
      Editing a comment
      __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________
      Last edited by Page; 03-12-2020, 07:50 PM. Reason: I don’t want to be on this thread anymore.

• I EOD April 8th. When I applied I didn’t apply through a VRA announcement. Does anyone have any experience reapplying to a different announcement after they’ve already accepted the offer? I have no idea how it works or if it’s even worth it.

Comment

• invertedPanda
      invertedPanda commented
      Editing a comment
      You just reapply like normal and let it go through the motions. I don't know if you'll get a new final offer before that EOD though.

• Thatoneguyoh!!
    Anticipating the test and being a little nervous is natural reaction.
    Like. I stated before, follow their instructions is very important.. You can answer truthfully however, any deviation from what he or she is asking can cause an issue.
    If you think positive, your mind and body can only react as such
    Mine took almost to be exact 8hrs I wasn't worried, why on that day I made no plans, I had no plan, my only focus was to get there on time.
    Pay attention to the simplest detail because the minute you don't focus the response will be noted unannounced to you.
    Hey stay positive and Good Luck!!!!!

Comment

• Anyone have any idea how long after you clear your background they're supposed to call you for your DT? I think I missed the first call when I was putting my kid to sleep... had a miss call from a 213 number on Wednesday. .. haven't had a call since

Comment

• Thatoneguyoh
        Thatoneguyoh commented
        Editing a comment
        It can be days or weeks. I think they call from a 952 number if I'm not mistaken. Make sure no matter what, keep your phone by you. Answer it, or check cass

• Flapeeps
        Flapeeps commented
        Editing a comment
        My call came from 321-868-8500. Also make sure you return the call. After a couple misses they refer it back saying you were hard to reach. The lady said they call mon -weds. Called me on weds and i had to call back monday. Once you talk to them the appointment has to be scheduled within 48 hrs.
        Last edited by Flapeeps; 03-07-2020, 07:17 PM.

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        if they cant reach you on the phone they will email as well.

• I am in Buffalo and looking for a swap to Las Vegas
      CBPO
      10/30/2019 - Reapplied
      02/27/2020 - EOD Buffalo
      03/10/2020 - FLETC

CBPO 17-6
      03/01/2017 - Applied
      04/20/2017 - Medical
      05/18/2017 - PFT-1
      08/18/2017 - SI
      02/02/2018 - Polygraph - Inconclusive
      03/03/2018 - 2nd Polygraph - Pass
      04/06/2018 - Re-submitted eqip
      04/17/2018 - Eqip released to OPR
      04/25/2018 - Drug Test
      04/25/2018 - Referred to TSU
      05/07/2018 - The call
      05/14/2018 - BI interview
      06/22/2018 - EOD
      07/09/2018 - FLETC
      08/14/2018 - Resigned

Comment

• Some info on my journey.

applied vacancy 20-4 : 01-19-20
      entrance exam: 01-31-20
      passed entrance exam: 02-04-20
      tentatively selected: 02-10-20
      medical: 02-18
      medical accepted: 02-26-20
      S.I. : 02-24-20
      passed S.I. : 02-25-20
      fitness: 02-26-20
      passed fitness: 02-27-20

.. waiting on poly

Comment

• Has anyone completed EQUIP, then traveled out of the country? I have everything submitted just waiting on the poly now, 38%, but I might be going on vacation to Mexico. When I submitted everything I said I hadn’t been out of the country in the last however many years, but I’m sure by the time they actually get to my background they’ll see I was stamped for Mexico.

Thoughts? Thanks guys

Comment

• JZ71LT
          JZ71LT commented
          Editing a comment
          You'll have an interview with a background investigator. You can tell them about any updates during that time.

• Flapeeps
          Flapeeps commented
          Editing a comment
          JZ71LT is right. I went on a cruise after and whwn i met with the BI i told him. Everything was good.

• Silva23
          Silva23 commented
          Editing a comment
          You will be fine. I went to Japan after I submitted everything and once I sat down with the investigators I told them and they were fine with it. Just make sure you do let them know so they don’t schedule you for the drug test while you out of the country. If they do you have to answer right away or they will withdraw your application.

• bmak18
          bmak18 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the input. I doubt I’ll be called for anything while I’m gone. I just now finished my medical, just waiting to schedule the poly/drug test which sounds like at least a 6 month wait. If they do call while I’m gone it sounds like it’s no big deal as long as I do answer and let them know. They can’t expect everyone to put their lives on hold during the process.

• Any one here from NYPD. Need some advice for transferring to CBP my poly is on late march but still trying to take decision to join CBP or not.

Comment

• Page
          Page commented
          Editing a comment
          Last edited by Page; 03-12-2020, 07:51 PM. Reason: I don’t want to be on this thread anymore.

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          GL pay only exists at the lower pay levels and converts back to GS pay at the GS-11 level...but. if a person starts as a GL-05 and works his way up through a 07 and 09 until reaching an 11...we are talking of an extra payout of 20K or better.

• anfirsts
          anfirsts commented
          Editing a comment
          Kevin1234 3 years on the job and I applied for JFK got my polygraph date this week. Trying to collect information as much as possible like all pros and cons. academy is 4 months or 6 months?

• Manonfire6666
          Manonfire6666 commented
          Editing a comment
          BCBS Health Insurace

https://media.fepblue.org/-/media/PD...mmary_Book.pdf

• Hey guys. Anybody on here hear of people getting called earlier for an EOD date? When I accepted my offer she asked if I wanted to be put on a list in case an opening came about to leave sooner. Didn’t know how often that happens. Thanks.

Comment

• TsFost
          TsFost commented
          Editing a comment
          It happened to me Nov 2019 with my original EOD being March 2020. They emailed me on the 23rd and asked if I could EOD the 25th of Nov. I replied yes but someone emailed back before me so I missed getting early entry by probably a few mins. Went back on the entry list but haven't gotten a call or email since.

• GarrettFaulks
          GarrettFaulks commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks TsFost figured I don’t mind waiting in hopes that my BI would be 100% completed before I leave. Anxious to go though so wouldn’t mind getting bumped up.

• 19-4 EOD August 25th FLETC Sept 10 - Jan 22 anyone else?

Comment

• I EOD right before you. August 4th. FLETC August 19th - Dec. 31st.

Comment

• Manonfire6666
          Manonfire6666 commented
          Editing a comment
          So you applied 19-11 then 19-12 to get Buffalo and you went through the whole process and got EOD on provisional clear?

• GarrettFaulks
          GarrettFaulks commented
          Editing a comment
          Correct. Went through process in 2016/2017 so idk if that helped.

• corsair
          corsair commented
          Editing a comment
          Must be nice to just get scheduled for stuff right away

• Manonfire6666
          Manonfire6666 commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh yes that helped. Good for you. Hopefully I get the call soon enough

• @ everyone who has applied in 2018 and is still sitting at 50% awaiting to be scheduled for the polygraph exam let’s see if we get the email or call this week.

Comment

• Thatoneguyoh
          Thatoneguyoh commented
          Editing a comment
          corsair got that number down to the minute

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          corsair keep up the humor it will get you through this long process.

• corsair
          corsair commented
          Editing a comment
          I started a counter on my phone once I received the email since I knew it would be a long wait.

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          corsair hopefully we are getting to the end of the line for the polygraph.

• Well I'll consider this good news. My recruiter received word back from the hiring center today and e-mailed me back after waiting for 2-3 weeks for a response.

My recruiter showed the response from the hiring center and it says they created my polygraph assessment and assigned it to CAD's West Team.

"The applicant can expect an examiner to reach out to schedule their polygraph exam very soon."

More waiting... but at least I got some type of response and confirmation.

Comment

• corsair
          corsair commented
          Editing a comment
          standtheman did you try emailing the people from the recruiting list? When I emailed the person listed for NJ they seemed a bit more helpful.

• standtheman
          standtheman commented
          Editing a comment
          corsair. i almost emailed all the recruiters on the western lol... maybe i should try the NJ one lol

• standtheman
          standtheman commented
          Editing a comment
          corsair, can you share NJ recruiter please...

• SPX
          SPX commented
          Editing a comment
          standtheman I just asked a standard question of when I will be scheduled a polygraph and have been waiting for over a year... that's pretty much it. I contacted California local recruiters if that helps.

• Any applicant have an idea how long after poly do you make contact with an investigator. Or they reach out to the app

Comment

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          From what I read on this forum usually within 30 days they reach out to you. Did your CASS update with polygraph completed?

• raudy06
          raudy06 commented
          Editing a comment
          they will reach out to you, email you or call you. mine took a month.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6546 users online. 361 members and 6185 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X