• Si : June 10 2019 !
    waiting for poly !
    GS9 hoping for a pass and JFK !
    the wait continues

Comment

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      jjsince97 congrats join the club SI April 2019 still waiting for the poly I selected JFK for all process and port we shall see. Good luck keep us posted.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      lot of applicants from 2018 still waiting for poly... its brutal man, hang on, it will pay off....

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the inspiring words always appreciated. I guess it’s a matter of time.

• fonzi7979corsair appreciate the replies
    USMC-6322 Comm/Nav Tech
    Oorah!

Comment

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      I took my SI March 11 2019 in Newark, were you there the same day?

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Your welcome we all need some moral support to get through this long process. Good luck.

• 813Deputy2b
      813Deputy2b commented
      Editing a comment
      corsair if you were directing that question to me, no, mine was here in GA just outside of Atlanta

• 813Deputy2b
      813Deputy2b commented
      Editing a comment
      fonzi7979 yes, very true!

• Next month will be one year since I took the test and I am still at 38% JFK

Comment

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you stuck on medical? March 12th will mark one year from passing the SI, but I'm at 50%.

You know, just waiting my life away for the polygraph.
      Last edited by corsair; 03-03-2020, 11:08 AM.

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      November11th what announcement are you in? I am going to be in for one year next month since my SI.

• November11th
      November11th commented
      Editing a comment
      UPDATE: Medical officially cleared. Now I am waiting for the polygraph

• corsair ive been waiting like weeks to get approved on this forum lol. Hows it going. Looks like youre in the same boat as me. I had my SI a week after you in Newark, still waiting on poly. 19-5 general. This sucks. I applied first day of the announcement Feb 1, medical and everything up to SI cleared within a few days. Hope there isnt anything weird going on like “our paperwork at the bottom of someones desk”.

Comment

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      I selected Newark for my polygraph, I’d fly to Seattle Washington if they needed me to take the test.

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m all for it if that will schedule me sooner. Did you ever email ICAD?

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes I got a semi personalized generic response from a person not the automated system.

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      corsair same thing just few sentences and the wait continues. Figure I’d email them as we were informed upon completing the SI if you do not get scheduled within 6 months. Now it will be a year very soon.

• Sad, "A U.S. Customs and Border Protection officer assigned to the Orlando International Airport shot and killed his wife and two young sons before turning the gun on himself at his Orlando home, according to the Orange County Sheriff's Office."

https://www.wftv.com/news/local/oran...KDMPWUDG75CDM/
    Last edited by PA_Ed; 03-03-2020, 02:29 PM.

Comment

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      The guy was a Delphi board member...although he really didn't post much beyond looking for a swap out of Orlando.

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sadly, suicides are far too common in OFO...but this is the first triple homicide/suicide that I can recall.

• Long time browser, not a poster until now. Applied for the 19-1 application at JFK. Then resubmitted for 19-9 GS9.
    Originally applied Oct 24, 2018 for 19-1.
    Poly scheduled for March 20th, 2020.

Comment

• SPX
      SPX commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the update.
      This gives me hope as a 19-2 still awaiting a polygraph date.

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats best of luck. Where did you get scheduled for your poly. I selected JFK

• SonicDust187
      SonicDust187 commented
      Editing a comment
      I picked JFK for my poly. I shall be taking it in the city.

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      SonicDust187 thanks for sharing and good luck with the polygraph exam. Just was wondering as I kept on receiving emails that examiners not in the area I selected so this may be a good sign for all of us that had been waiting to be scheduled. To be continued..... hopefully see you at JFK in the near future.

• Well after receiving a NOPA and submitting my documentation I was cleared yesterday.
    75%..
    drug screen tomorrow.

Comment

• Thatoneguyoh
      Thatoneguyoh commented
      Editing a comment
      What was your NOPA for? IF you care to share

• Chris Martin
      Chris Martin commented
      Editing a comment
      They had my credit debt doubled and tripled. Such as medical debt. Then I had to submit receipts where I had paid my student loans.

• Any current CBP officers here give me any insight on duty locations. I am currently in NC and have considered Wilmington or Morehead city, and RDU. Also considering Norfolk, IAD, MCO, Tampa, Miami, Savannah, or Charleston. I am VRA so I know most of these locations are not generally available. Any insight would be great.

Comment

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      @fonzi7979

Well, I can tell you that the average port size isn't that big...something around 15 Officers and adding even one unnecessary and unneeded Officer will likely seriously disrupt things like overtime availability, leave scheduling and like staffing issues in the majority of ports.

Plus, it's just wildly inefficient....overstaffing multiple ports in the hopes that maybe a retirement, transfer, promotion, etc.comes along to rectify the problems.

Then there's the hostile media, special interests groups and everyone else with a grudge against OFO. They would love the ammunition of knowing that the poshest and most desirable OFO ports are overstaffed while places like Laredo and San Ysidro bleed people and are in constant need of new hires.

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      merlin436 I hear you. Small ports may need additional personnel in order to create teams for special assignments to provide coverage at other locations for a short period time and etc. Ask for where your heart desires to be and if not offered it’s one thing but not to ask would be wrong.

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      @fonzi7979

I am a CBPO. I have been a CBPO since day one when the position was created. Prior to that I was an 1890 Customs Inspector.

I can tell you that very few small ports have any specialized teams...especially outside of something titular. Small port people are almost exclusively generalists and they clean the majority of what they catch.
      I can also tell you that small ports typically aren't the ports called on to provide people for temporary duties elsewhere...unless they are forced into it.

Now, as a new hire one can ask for whatever they want...but I wouldn't count on the agency bending over backwards to provide placement in a port fully staffed. It just makes no sense for a whole host of reasons.

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      merlin436 I understand. What port are you in? Just curious is it normal to have over a one year wait for the polygraph. I know the polygraph was brought in 2010.

• V_AntCBP the main reason I considering FL it’s warm. Lol. I’m ready to get out of NC. Definitely don’t want CLT

Comment

• Thatoneguyoh
      Thatoneguyoh commented
      Editing a comment
      I chose the northern border. Damn cold but, the incentive pay % is good plus the ot

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      I feel ya chris martin. I am from TN and chose Brownsville TX because I wanted the gulf but also the TX laws/taxes/lifestyle

• DrigoCBP
      DrigoCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      V_AntCBP i see where u coming from with the heat comment, allergy pollen (its killing me right now) and hurricanes... but bro them cold *** winters from up north get old very quick... im from NY originally and moved down here almost two years ago and i dont miss anything from back home lol. Plus waking up every couple hrs to shovel snow before u go to work is the worst thing ever haha specially in the mornings. I guess its all subjective.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      DrigoCBP haha absolutely subjective bro, some people prefer hot, some prefer cold. lol... I don't like cold cold like MN or Boston, snowing all the time and stuff. But cold like SC NC or GA is fine for me.. lol everywhere we are choosing, there are bad and good things about it... I've been living in FL for 18 years, I can see weather gets worse and worse every year, hurricanes get bigger and more dangerous every year, maybe gotta do something with global warming bs... Idk... haha I've seen some news that people can't get out their house because snow covered all doors and windows... lol definitely sucks ...

• Can someone share any insight or some experience regarding the poly.
    What I mean is after you get test approximately how long after will one see the results days weeks any input.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      You may get verbal result from Examiner right after poly, then final result from QC, usually within a week you should get that email from QC if you passed...If you have to wait several weeks or more, you may have to come back for 2nd round or you failed...

• Thank you for the logical input.
    I guess am a bit anxious to hear. Tested 2/25/2020 last Tuesday Examiner’s input appeared verbally positive however as you guys started until QC give the ok it's not confirmed
    Anyways thanks again. I'll keep everyone posted.
    To each and every one stay focus and positive.

Comment

• CBPJean
      CBPJean commented
      Editing a comment
      fonzi7979 just email

• Thatoneguyoh
      Thatoneguyoh commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah someone I know took 1 1/2 hours. Another person I know had to go back 2 other times. Some lasted 5 hours some last 6 hours or more. Just depends really. I hope mine goes by pretty quickly next week.

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      You will be fine I am glad to see that they are scheduling the polygraph. Makes me feel that I will receive an email sometime this year. The wait has been long but will be well worth it.

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      Thatoneguyoh yea mine took 2 hours in total including the pre-poly interview questions to walking out of the global entry office.

• Hey guys- Newby here applied through VRA 20-4.

'm wondering if anyone can clear up this "preacedemy" for me. From what I've read it's something you do before the actual academy at your port. I currently live in PA and want to get far away from it. I've lived in several other locations further South and should I get selected would like to live in Beuafort, SC or somewhere in Florida or East Texas. My question is since I am nowhere near these places and daily commuting is obviously impossible- Are you paid during preacademy or are there any accommodations made for you while you are there? I'd likely have to "hotel it" for the time of the preacademy and am just trying to get more info on it.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

• Dodge_Guy19-4
      Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Look at it like this. Since your VRA you should understand the terms I will use.

When you EOD at your selected port, that's your new "duty station". You will earn a paycheck with locality based on that zip code.

You will spend 2 weeks there before Academy. Food, shelter, transportation is on you.

Academy is TDY and as such, transportation, food, lodging is on the Govt.

• 82Patriot
      82Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you both for the info! Much appreciated!

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      To put in perspective 82Patriot I leave for EOD at the end of the month. I paid just under $200 for my airline ticket from TN to TX. Got a car rental for around $600, and got a 15 day room rental for just under $900. For anyone waiting on their EOD make sure you put away money now for your pre-academy so when you book everything you aren't feeling stretched.

• 82Patriot
      82Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you TsFost for that info. Nice to have info from someone in a similar situation. I will definitely start saving up so that if/ when I get the green light I’m prepared.

• Well even after my local recruiter pushed my file up for a polygraph scheduling I still haven't received a call.

I applied November 2018. Never had any hold ups with my medical and it was cleared within a day.

Continuing to wait...
    Last edited by SPX; 03-04-2020, 03:35 PM.

Comment

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      SPX I am in the same boat emailed BI case manager and just waiting to be scheduled. I applied back in November 2018.

• Whooo my background cleared today! finally at 75% I'm over 2 years into the process... so this is a great feeling of moving through the process...

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats man, finally you see the end of tunnel....

• thelonelybum
      thelonelybum commented
      Editing a comment
      18-3 for gs 5/7 and 19-11 for gs 9

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for sharing I guess Drug Test and Final offer soon. Did you select provisional when you originally applied? I did hoping it would move process along but who knows.

• thelonelybum
      thelonelybum commented
      Editing a comment
      I did not select provisional, I wanted to be sure I would get the job and not get screwed midway. Also I wasn't given the option with my first application.

• 19-3 still waiting for the poly. I feel your pain boys.. we were shafted because of the government shut down

Comment

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Florida_Man the end is near I have been reading a lot of polygraph exam have been scheduled from 2018 and 2017 applicants so don’t give up.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5706 users online. 313 members and 5393 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Today.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X