300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAL0231
    Thanks for the response. I’m considering a pair of Bates, Danners or Thorogoods. By any chance have you tried any of those brands?

Comment

• CAL0231
      CAL0231 commented
      Editing a comment
      Couldn't comment on those, I bought me a pair of 511s. I'm sure bates or danners are fine. All comes down to comfort in my opinion.

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      I find Bates blowout sooner then others. I'm rocking some 5.11s now and love the nylon shank.

• Thorogoods are very good quality however, expensive. From my experience good quality shoes or boots protect one’s feet.
    Just an opinion, with years of wearing boots in the Marines and standing watch or a foot post.

Comment

• I finally heard back from OPR, brought up some incidents from 7+ years ago. Gonna submit my response and hopefully hear something good by next week.

Comment

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        All the way through the process and its just now coming up?

• Jbenz
        Jbenz commented
        Editing a comment
        You’ve been in process for over 2 years and this is just coming up now? Did you opt for provisional clear and have a EOD? Or you waiting for BI to clear to get offer?

• thelonelybum
        thelonelybum commented
        Editing a comment
        waiting for BI to clear before EOD

• thelonelybum
        thelonelybum commented
        Editing a comment
        stuff came up in my poly and what not and I explained them. now they want some info on them.

• Pretty much any black boot with a polishable toe from a reputable manufacturer will do at the academy. Unless you are greatly attached to spending huge sums of money on a boot, I'd put off on spending a huge amount on a duty boot until you spend enough time at your port to get a good understanding on just what you'll be doing for your first few years at work.

Comment

• You can buy a pair of Under Armour Stellar Tactical Side Zip Boots for 85$, they are lightweight and hold a shine. In my 7+ years in LE, I find them most comfortable.

Comment

• Originally posted by SAS-CBPO View Post
          I took my drug test today. I really can't make sense of the whole process. I took my polygraph retake on Jan 28; I saw my Cass was green on Saturday. I got my emailed to schedule my DT yesterday. I am not complaining just noting that after a 9 week wait for a decision from QC, it is really moving now. I guess everybody is different. Good luck all!

Applied March 2019
          19-5 GS9 VRA DH Newark, NJ
          CASS 63%

SI March 2019
          Medical March 2019
          Physical June 2019
          BI started July 2019 (pulled credit report) pending
          Polygraph Nov 14 2019
          Polygraph #2 Jan 28 2020 Cleared CASS on Feb 1, 2020
          Drug Test Feb 6, 2020
          Final offer Pending
          May I ask why you had to take a second poly? You can DM me too.

Comment

• Talonderiel
            Talonderiel commented
            Editing a comment
            HopefulBP , I also took two before finishing my process. Polygraph Officer passed me both times, but the first one QC didn't like. So I took a second one. It's not always a bad thing...... I think :P

• Hello to all, havent been here in a little while. Just recieved my offer letter for EOD. I EOD April 13th in Philly. Academy on April 27th. My question was does anyone have any idea of the schedule or amount of overtime in philly? If anyone has any other questions i will try to do my best to answer.

Comment

• Hello All! I’m sorry if this has been asked already. Does anyone know how much time they allow for traveling to Academy. I EOD June 11, and academy on June 26, but planning on driving to bring my vehicle. Thanks for the help.

Comment

• merlin436
              merlin436 commented
              Editing a comment
              It's usually one day of travel time. People coming in from far distances or difficult travel situations will get more.

Ask your port if they'll work with you as far as scheduling goes to allow you to drive. They might approve annual leave or schedule your travel day alongside your days scheduled off.

• Eann86
              Eann86 commented
              Editing a comment
              merlin436 Great, thanks! My drive is a good 24 hrs from where I’ll be so I’m sure they’ll work with me, just didn’t want to be rushing. Appreciate you.

• My polygraph is coming up pretty fast, like one of the most nerve wrecking things I have ever dealt with. Wish me luck.

Comment

• corsair
              corsair commented
              Editing a comment
              Nerve racking it waiting 12+ months to be scheduled for the polygraph - at this point to me I could care less about the polygraph itself in terms of nerves lol

• Florida_Man
              Florida_Man commented
              Editing a comment
              Thatoneguyoh Good luck. You’ll do fine.. I know I’ll be nervous when my time comes.. considering the fact I applied back in 12/2018.. if it’s meant to be, it’ll be for you

• Thatoneguyoh
              Thatoneguyoh commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks everyone. Yeah I got my polygraph quick it's unfair to people who have been waiting a long time.

• fonzi7979
              fonzi7979 commented
              Editing a comment
              You will be fine. Just stay positive.

• I want to share my experience throughout this painful process.. I applied back in December of 2018 (19-3).. I’ve been working at TSA for 7 years and was the heaviest I’ve ever been my whole life (325). I told myself that I was going to change my life and stop letting my weight get in the way of where I wanted to be. 14 months later and no polygraph I weigh 250 and have lost 75 pounds. I also recently applied to USSS Uniform Division thanks to my new healthy lifestyle, a job I would of never applied to because of my weight. A part of me is glad the process has taken so long so I can buy as much time as I could. Everybody out there stay patient, we will eventually move forward to the next step. Keep pushing and don’t put all your eggs in one basket.

Comment

• Page
              Page commented
              Editing a comment
              __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________
              Last edited by Page; 03-12-2020, 06:54 PM. Reason: I don’t want to be on this thread anymore.

• all!

Applied March 2019
            19-5 GS9 VRA DH Newark, NJ
            CASS 63%

SI March 2019
            Medical March 2019
            Physical June 2019
            BI started July 2019 (pulled credit report) pending
            Polygraph Nov 14 2019
            Polygraph #2 Jan 28 2020 Cleared CASS on Feb 1, 2020
            Drug Test Feb 6, 2020
            Final offer Pending

Same month, possibly same announcement I applied for, and I’m sitting at 50%, waiting on poly, backgrounds, and final drug test, offer....I just don’t understand the progress
            USMC-6322 Comm/Nav Tech
            Oorah!

Comment

• corsair
              corsair commented
              Editing a comment
              19-4 Newark and still no signs of being scheduled for the polygraph

• fonzi7979
              fonzi7979 commented
              Editing a comment
              I feel you I’m in 19-2 and still waiting to be scheduled for the polygraph exam. I’m sitting at 50% on CASS.

• Question on credit check. Has anyone had a hard credit check in their account or do they only do soft credit checks?

Comment

• corsair
              corsair commented
              Editing a comment
              I only had a soft credit check done

• Manonfire6666
              Manonfire6666 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you sir

• Has anyone ever had a NOPA for anger issues as they call it from when they were in high school or college? Like 7+ years ago kind of issues.

Comment

• corsair
              corsair commented
              Editing a comment
              I could see that being an issue especially if they were documented as a minor and as an adult.

• thelonelybum
              thelonelybum commented
              Editing a comment
              sadly they were never documented, I was just being overly honest and they saw it as an issue that needed to be addressed... but if they're hitting me with a NOPA I'm still being considered so I guess its ok

• @ all applicants that applied back in 2018 just curious to see if anyone has been scheduled for the polygraph exam lately seems like we are the forgotten group. Lol or the shutdown really put us on the back of the list. Who knows but anyway let’s see what transpires this month. Any feedback is always appreciated.

Comment

• straightaim
              straightaim commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you! Announcement 18-7. Took about 9 months from passing SI for polygraph to be scheduled. Good luck to you.

• Mreurodance
              Mreurodance commented
              Editing a comment
              19-3 JFK. Waiting to be scheduled for Poly as well. SI completed 4/2019.
              It is just high volume and examiner availability, so it may take some time to complete. We have to wait it out and our time will come.

• Manonfire6666
              Manonfire6666 commented
              Editing a comment
              19-3 SI was on 2/26/19, got email for Poly 10/5/19, Poly was 11/5/2019

• fonzi7979
              fonzi7979 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for sharing your timelines seems like no rhyme or reason. The wait continues.

• Has anyone ever been contacted like this? It seems most people get cleared without knowing about it or being contacted about their background. Now I'm wondering if I'm close or if they're going to hit me with a NOPA. Screenshot_20200302-143710_Chrome.jpg
            18-2

11/24/17: Applied
            12/15/17: NOR
            12/28/17: EQIP Submitted
            1/04/18: Medical
            1/30/18: Fitness
            2/07/18: E-QIP Rejected (Corrected, re-submitted)
            2/20/18: E-QIP released to OPR
            3/09/18: SI
            3/10/18: NOR SI
            4/17/18: Request for Additional Medical Info
            5/02/18: Additional Medical Info Submitted
            11/19/18: Medical Cleared
            4/08/19: Polygraph Scheduled - Inconclusive
            5/29/19: Polygraph Scheduled
            6/02/19: Polygraph Passed
            7/15/19: Adjudication
            3/02/20: NOPA
            3/13/20: Response Sent
            4/22/20: Unsuitable

Comment

• fonzi7979
              fonzi7979 commented
              Editing a comment
              That’s very interesting maybe a new process with DOD my guess but who knows. Thanks for sharing your timeline gives me some hope that I will be scheduled sooner or later.

• DThomasNYPD
              DThomasNYPD commented
              Editing a comment
              Got this when I got my NOPA last year in the summer, I replied instantly, they told me months later that I am in good standing, and still waiting for poly and background.
              I’m 19-2 reg, structured interview 3/7/19

• jcsaenz3
              jcsaenz3 commented
              Editing a comment
              What was the NOPA for if you dont mind me asking?

• Chris Martin
              Chris Martin commented
              Editing a comment
              I got a NOPA submitted 33 pages with a 4 page outline and got cleared yesterday

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5969 users online. 300 members and 5669 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X