Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBPO gs9, Seattle, EOD August 28th, academy Sep14th - Jan 26th. Anyway one here have similar dates?

Comment

• How would this affect the work force, would it only apply to workers hired after it gets approved or would it affect the existing work force? So for example, let’s say your EOD is July 1st and this gets approved October 1st, does that change your benefits?
    While the proposed budget cuts to federal employees' retirement are familiar, the author says they contain a key difference this time.

Comment

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      The BOP has often been a the answer for many who have found themselves up against the maximum hiring age. The BOP often hires within a few months, if not weeks. BOP time stops the clock as it's 12D covered.

• Page
      Page commented
      Editing a comment
      __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________
      Last edited by Page; 03-12-2020, 06:56 PM. Reason: I don’t want to be on this thread anymore.

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      @PAGE

Border Patrol might be an option. Lately the BP has had more prioritized hiring, reducing much of their overall days from applying to hiring. Better pay too...at least to start out with.

• Page
      Page commented
      Editing a comment
      __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________
      Last edited by Page; 03-12-2020, 06:57 PM.

• TsFost so you got brownsville? When is your EOD? Brownsville doesn't have many NEWER apartment complexes, most are older. There is a newer one in what has now become Brownsvilles main hub near the mall. Besides these I have seen like 2 or 3 newer complexes I wouldn't mind living in. There are also houses for rent that dont go for much more than the nicer apartments. Let me see if I can find the names to some if the apartments and I'll get back to you.

Comment

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      My EOD is March 30th so I have lots of time before the end of FLETC still. I don't think I'll look at Brownsville itself to live in but won't mind looking around while down there next month

• TsFost just go on realtor.com and search for rent properties. I had a peak right now and saw several nice ones at several price ranges.

Comment

• TsFost You should really consider Brownsville.... Driving from McAllen to Brownsville for work everyday would get old very quickly. It's about an hour drive with little traffic and about 1:15-1:30 with traffic. I dont go to harlingen often besides to go to the bass pro shops they have there, but from what I know it's just a small little town with not much to do. Brownsville has just about everything you would need on a day to day basis and if you need more forms of entertainment you have South Padre island 30 min away or McAllen about an hour away. Just a thought.

Comment

• Message deleted
        Last edited by CBPOFO23; 04-05-2020, 04:11 PM.

Comment

• CBPOFO23
          CBPOFO23 commented
          Editing a comment
          Message deleted
          Last edited by CBPOFO23; 04-05-2020, 04:10 PM.

• IanCBP
          IanCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you bro! I am originally 19-2 but the medical cannot be cleared due to vision. I did LASIK and reapplied for 20-4. My medical finally cleared earlier this month. I guess my poly will come by the end of this year. Congratulations for getting through this painful process.

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          IanCBP just a question. I am in 19-2 and awaiting for polygraph as well. Before you went SI did you complete medical and fitness exam. They did not clear it.

• IanCBP
          IanCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          fonzi7979 My Si is before medical. I used my army fitness result for CBP fitness

• Does the Georgia Academy have any sort of physical entrance exam apart from the PFT 1? I thought it was kind of easy compared to other law enforcement jobs I’ve had to take tests for

Comment

• Evolution81
          Evolution81 commented
          Editing a comment
          better get yourself in shape..there is alot more running and DT training involved...some instructors like to run some dont...better start running if you have not...a lot of people are injured/ fail the PFTs there...and they will fire you if you fail..some are asked to come back..most arent...and they are bouncing people for med too but depends on your port....i graduated last year

• Page
          Page commented
          Editing a comment
          Last edited by Page; 03-12-2020, 06:54 PM. Reason: I don’t want to be on this thread anymore.

• Evolution81
          Evolution81 commented
          Editing a comment
          For Injuries

• Page
          Page commented
          Editing a comment
          Last edited by Page; 03-12-2020, 06:54 PM. Reason: I don’t want to be on this thread anymore.

• Currently in the academy, has anyone heard of someone reapplying for their port to qualify for a higher GS pay rate?

Comment

• TsFost
          TsFost commented
          Editing a comment
          Someone on Delphi recently said they did from GS5 to GS7 and it was accepted if i recall

• jcsaenz3
          jcsaenz3 commented
          Editing a comment
          I have heard of people doing it but they wait until youre out of the Academy to bump up your pay grade. Ive heard you can also re apply in the academy to change your location so you can move around the 100 mile rule.

• Hey everyone! I’ve been following this feed for a few months; first time post here. I figured I’d create an account so I can input my hiring progress so we can all have an idea on where everyone’s at.

20-3

Applied: 12-25-19
        Entrance Exam: 1-11-20 | NOR: 1-13-20
        Accepted GS-7: 1-16-20

Medical, EQUIP, SI Request: 1-21-20
        EQUIP Submitted: 1-28-20
        PFT Request: 1-29-20
        EQUIP Sent Back, Returned: 2-2-20
        Medical Exam: 1-30-20
        PFT: 2-2-20
        SI: 2-12-20 | NOR: Less than 24 hours later
        Medical Follow Up Request: 2-14-20
        (Medical Return by 3-15-20)

Currently sitting at 38%. The process has gone quickly so far, but from what I’ve read.. this is where I wait lol

Comment

• Thatoneguyoh
          Thatoneguyoh commented
          Editing a comment
          At first everything comes at once. So now you're apart of the waiting game.

• gabe10us
          gabe10us commented
          Editing a comment
          I think at this point is just a waiting game, I am 50% on CASS:

CBPO DH 20-3 - SWB Arizona
          Application - Completed 12/01/2019
          Exam - Completed 12/06/2019
          Exam NOR - Completed 12/09/2019
          Tent. Offer - Completed 12/13/2019
          Medical - Completed 12/20/2019 Medical Add. - 01/16/2020
          Physical - Completed 12/20/2019
          S. Interview - Completed 01/15/2020
          e-QIP - Completed 01/22/2020
          e-QIP to OPR - Completed 01/23/2020
          BI - In Progress
          Polygraph - Pending
          Drug Test - In Progress
          Final Offer - Pending
          EOD - Pending
          FLETC - Pending

Updated: 02/26/2020

Best of luck to you in the process!

• DavidtheMarine
          DavidtheMarine commented
          Editing a comment
          Position: CBPO (VRA)
          Announcement Number: CBPO VRA GS9 20-1
          Pay Plan/Series/Grade: GS-1895-9
          Duty Location: Negotiable After Selection

Applied: 10-15-19
          Entrance Exam: Exempt | NOR/SOR: 10-23-19
          Accepted GS-9: 10-24-19

SI: 11-06-19 | NOR: 11-7-19
          e-QIP Submitted: 11-13-19
          e-QIP Sent Back, Returned: 11-23-19 & 12-9-19
          Medical Exam Request: 10-28-19
          Medical Exam / PFT: 11-14-19 (Pass)
          Medical Follow Up Request: 12-9-19 / 2-11-20
          - 1st Returned 1-6-20
          - 2nd Due by 3-11-20

38%... No complaints considered how long others have been waiting.

The only hold up thus far is my 30% disability from the Corps.

• bmak18 you are right on schedule for the long wait. I applied back in November 2018 and still waiting to be scheduled for the polygraph exam.

Comment

• Florida_Man
          Florida_Man commented
          Editing a comment
          fonzi7979 I applied December 2018, still waiting too my bro.. going crazy lol

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          Florida_Man I know the frustration hopefully soon the call or email comes through.

• EOD AUG 28
        ACADEMY SEPT 14

LUKEVILLE, AZ ( I live in Phoenix and don’t wanna move)

Anyone else going to the academy around that time?

Comment

• gabe10us
          gabe10us commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello bchalmers;

I hope this message finds you well. First, I would like to congratulate you for getting through the hiring process.

It seems like you were able to complete the process in just a few months. I have been in the process since December 1st, and I have completed 50% of CASS as of 01/23/2020.

I live in the Phoenix area as well, I picked Nogales POE when I first submitted the CBP application. I also considered Lukeville, Douglas and San Luis as options, but I thought it would be more convenient to pick Nogales.

Thank you for posting, it is nice to see that other applicants in the same boat have crossed the bridge already, it gives us all hope.

Stay in touch and let me know how things develop if you don't mind. Thank you for reading.

Respectfully,

Gabriel M.

• EOD June 8th. Academy date June 26. Newark location

Comment

• corsair
          corsair commented
          Editing a comment
          Whats your timeline? I applied for Newark, originally I'm 19-4.

• So I checked cass and all the messages I had in there are gone.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Application is still there? Or it's gone too? Could be system glitched... Even my app at 100% now, the messages are still there

• Thatoneguyoh
          Thatoneguyoh commented
          Editing a comment
          Application is there, only one message remains which is the email I got for the structured interview. Still at 50%

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Just checked my, messages are still there.. probably just system glitched... you should have copies of those in your email... Thatoneguyoh if you are still concerned, you can send email to CBP support.. [email protected] but it probably fixed before you get a response from them

• Does anyone else have dreams
        of receiving the poly call or DT call or final call? Or is it just me

Comment

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes of course that’s your subconscious telling you something. That is always a positive sign. Just received a missed call no caller ID no message could be a sign.

• Nousername1
          Nousername1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup, had those dreams myself.

• IanCBP
          IanCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Still waiting those dreams become true.

• Message deleted
        Last edited by CBPOFO23; 04-05-2020, 04:09 PM.

Comment

• Nousername1
          Nousername1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats! So did I, selected Laredo. How did you get EOD date so soon? They gave me EOD in July.

• TsFost
          TsFost commented
          Editing a comment
          Awesome OP. I EOD Brownsville 3/30. It's a great looking location for sure.

• CBPOFO23
          CBPOFO23 commented
          Editing a comment
          Message deleted
          Last edited by CBPOFO23; 04-05-2020, 04:09 PM.

• Dodge_Guy19-4
          Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
          Editing a comment
          You got an early EOD cause HR is lazy :/ I know a few people that opted to take earlier EOD if available, but instead of notifying them that seats had opened, TSU schedules the next person to get an offer because it's less work.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6751 users online. 328 members and 6423 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X