Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the Georgia Academy have any sort of physical entrance exam apart from the PFT 1? I thought it was kind of easy compared to other law enforcement jobs I’ve had to take tests for

Comment

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      better get yourself in shape..there is alot more running and DT training involved...some instructors like to run some dont...better start running if you have not...a lot of people are injured/ fail the PFTs there...and they will fire you if you fail..some are asked to come back..most arent...and they are bouncing people for med too but depends on your port....i graduated last year

• Page
      Page commented
      Editing a comment
      __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________
      Last edited by Page; 03-12-2020, 07:54 PM. Reason: I don’t want to be on this thread anymore.

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      For Injuries

• Page
      Page commented
      Editing a comment
      __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________
      Last edited by Page; 03-12-2020, 07:54 PM. Reason: I don’t want to be on this thread anymore.

• Currently in the academy, has anyone heard of someone reapplying for their port to qualify for a higher GS pay rate?

Comment

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      Someone on Delphi recently said they did from GS5 to GS7 and it was accepted if i recall

• jcsaenz3
      jcsaenz3 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have heard of people doing it but they wait until youre out of the Academy to bump up your pay grade. Ive heard you can also re apply in the academy to change your location so you can move around the 100 mile rule.

• Hey everyone! I’ve been following this feed for a few months; first time post here. I figured I’d create an account so I can input my hiring progress so we can all have an idea on where everyone’s at.

20-3

Applied: 12-25-19
    Entrance Exam: 1-11-20 | NOR: 1-13-20
    Accepted GS-7: 1-16-20

Medical, EQUIP, SI Request: 1-21-20
    EQUIP Submitted: 1-28-20
    PFT Request: 1-29-20
    EQUIP Sent Back, Returned: 2-2-20
    Medical Exam: 1-30-20
    PFT: 2-2-20
    SI: 2-12-20 | NOR: Less than 24 hours later
    Medical Follow Up Request: 2-14-20
    (Medical Return by 3-15-20)

Currently sitting at 38%. The process has gone quickly so far, but from what I’ve read.. this is where I wait lol

Comment

• Thatoneguyoh
      Thatoneguyoh commented
      Editing a comment
      At first everything comes at once. So now you're apart of the waiting game.

• gabe10us
      gabe10us commented
      Editing a comment
      I think at this point is just a waiting game, I am 50% on CASS:

CBPO DH 20-3 - SWB Arizona
      Application - Completed 12/01/2019
      Exam - Completed 12/06/2019
      Exam NOR - Completed 12/09/2019
      Tent. Offer - Completed 12/13/2019
      Medical - Completed 12/20/2019 Medical Add. - 01/16/2020
      Physical - Completed 12/20/2019
      S. Interview - Completed 01/15/2020
      e-QIP - Completed 01/22/2020
      e-QIP to OPR - Completed 01/23/2020
      BI - In Progress
      Polygraph - Pending
      Drug Test - In Progress
      Final Offer - Pending
      EOD - Pending
      FLETC - Pending

Updated: 02/26/2020

Best of luck to you in the process!

• DavidtheMarine
      DavidtheMarine commented
      Editing a comment
      Position: CBPO (VRA)
      Announcement Number: CBPO VRA GS9 20-1
      Pay Plan/Series/Grade: GS-1895-9
      Duty Location: Negotiable After Selection

Applied: 10-15-19
      Entrance Exam: Exempt | NOR/SOR: 10-23-19
      Accepted GS-9: 10-24-19

SI: 11-06-19 | NOR: 11-7-19
      e-QIP Submitted: 11-13-19
      e-QIP Sent Back, Returned: 11-23-19 & 12-9-19
      Medical Exam Request: 10-28-19
      Medical Exam / PFT: 11-14-19 (Pass)
      Medical Follow Up Request: 12-9-19 / 2-11-20
      - 1st Returned 1-6-20
      - 2nd Due by 3-11-20

38%... No complaints considered how long others have been waiting.

The only hold up thus far is my 30% disability from the Corps.

• bmak18 you are right on schedule for the long wait. I applied back in November 2018 and still waiting to be scheduled for the polygraph exam.

Comment

• Florida_Man
      Florida_Man commented
      Editing a comment
      fonzi7979 I applied December 2018, still waiting too my bro.. going crazy lol

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Florida_Man I know the frustration hopefully soon the call or email comes through.

• EOD AUG 28
    ACADEMY SEPT 14

LUKEVILLE, AZ ( I live in Phoenix and don’t wanna move)

Anyone else going to the academy around that time?

Comment

• gabe10us
      gabe10us commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello bchalmers;

I hope this message finds you well. First, I would like to congratulate you for getting through the hiring process.

It seems like you were able to complete the process in just a few months. I have been in the process since December 1st, and I have completed 50% of CASS as of 01/23/2020.

I live in the Phoenix area as well, I picked Nogales POE when I first submitted the CBP application. I also considered Lukeville, Douglas and San Luis as options, but I thought it would be more convenient to pick Nogales.

Thank you for posting, it is nice to see that other applicants in the same boat have crossed the bridge already, it gives us all hope.

Stay in touch and let me know how things develop if you don't mind. Thank you for reading.

Respectfully,

Gabriel M.

• EOD June 8th. Academy date June 26. Newark location

Comment

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      Whats your timeline? I applied for Newark, originally I'm 19-4.

• So I checked cass and all the messages I had in there are gone.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Application is still there? Or it's gone too? Could be system glitched... Even my app at 100% now, the messages are still there

• Thatoneguyoh
      Thatoneguyoh commented
      Editing a comment
      Application is there, only one message remains which is the email I got for the structured interview. Still at 50%

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Just checked my, messages are still there.. probably just system glitched... you should have copies of those in your email... Thatoneguyoh if you are still concerned, you can send email to CBP support.. [email protected] but it probably fixed before you get a response from them

• Does anyone else have dreams
    of receiving the poly call or DT call or final call? Or is it just me

Comment

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes of course that’s your subconscious telling you something. That is always a positive sign. Just received a missed call no caller ID no message could be a sign.

• Nousername1
      Nousername1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup, had those dreams myself.

• IanCBP
      IanCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Still waiting those dreams become true.

• Message deleted
    Last edited by CBPOFO23; 04-05-2020, 05:09 PM.

Comment

• Nousername1
      Nousername1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats! So did I, selected Laredo. How did you get EOD date so soon? They gave me EOD in July.

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome OP. I EOD Brownsville 3/30. It's a great looking location for sure.

• CBPOFO23
      CBPOFO23 commented
      Editing a comment
      Message deleted
      Last edited by CBPOFO23; 04-05-2020, 05:09 PM.

• Dodge_Guy19-4
      Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
      Editing a comment
      You got an early EOD cause HR is lazy :/ I know a few people that opted to take earlier EOD if available, but instead of notifying them that seats had opened, TSU schedules the next person to get an offer because it's less work.

• Nousername1 what is your EOD?

Comment

• Hello I’m new to this forum. I EOD July 1st. Station in Eagle Pass. Wonder if anyone wanting to trade for a station in South Texas or for an earlier date.

Comment

• JT-CBPO
      JT-CBPO commented
      Editing a comment
      You’ll love Eagle Pass it’s my home town. I’m hoping to get stationed here

• xIronxManx
      xIronxManx commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't think I've ever heard anyone say love and Eagle Pass in the same sentence, lol. I guess if you're from here.

• I’m sure I’ll like it there. If you’re willing to switch when you get your duty station. Just looking for what might be closer to home.

Comment

• JT-CBPO
      JT-CBPO commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds good, where is your home town?

• 50 Weeks since passing the SI and no signs of the polygraph - looks like i'll be one of the lucky ones to wait 14 months for an appointment.
    CBPO 19-4 - Switched to 19-8

CASS APP-50%
    EQIP - Completed
    Medical Exam - Completed
    Structured Interview - Completed
    Fitness Test - Completed
    Polygraph - TBD

Comment

• SPX
      SPX commented
      Editing a comment
      I feel your pain... 19-2. 54 weeks since passing my SI and no polygraph.

Only good news is that my local recruiter said he received word my file/application was pushed up for someone to review. If I don't hear anything by next Tuesday (03-03-20) I was told to contact him again so he can send another request to push for a polygraph scheduling ASAP.

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      I just applied for the NJ Transit Police - PQT first week of April. Hopefully that process moves quicker.

"Looks like they are actively working on your Background, as it was pulled a few weeks ago.

Unfortunately, I do not have a clear timeline to provide"

That was the last response I got from the recruiter about two weeks ago.

• IanCBP
      IanCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      My recruiter said that Poly will be scheduled after medical/PT/SI. New York wait time is about 8-10 months.

• PA_Ed
      PA_Ed commented
      Editing a comment
      Monday 3/2 marks week #39 for me - corsair, good luck with your NJ Transit exam brother. I have not specifically tested for NJTransit, however, I have completed the written exam they administer. The "IPMA-HR Public Safety Compass exam" is a challenging exam. You will be provided a packet of 8-10 pages, read and memorize as much of the packet as you can. Focus on faces, street names, descriptions, nick names etc. Roughly 10-12 minutes later, NJTransit staff will take your packet and you'll be handed a question and answer sheet to complete 80-100 questions off memory.
      Last edited by PA_Ed; 02-26-2020, 11:25 AM.

• Just got The Call!
    Here's my timeline.
    19-1 DH (Original 18-6 DH)
    Originally applied 18-6 DH 3/19/2018
    Entrance Exam 4/2/2018
    NOR 4/12/2018 PASS 88%
    EQIP 4/24/2018
    EQIP released 4/26/2018
    SI 5/2/2018 NOR 5/3/2018 PASS
    Medical and Fitness 5/4/2018
    Fitness NOR 5/7/2018 PASS
    Medical request for more info 7/7/2018
    Medical NOR 10/3/2018 FAIL due to eye vision
    Received LASIK 10/19/2018
    Reapplied to 19-1 DH 10/20/2018
    Entrance exam 11/12/2018
    NOR 11/13/2018 PASS 93%
    SI, Fitness, and Medical transfer over.
    Request for more medical info 4/1/2019 (it was for an updated eye exam)
    They received medical info 4/3/2019
    Medical PASS sometime in April
    Redid EQIP 4/10/2019
    EQIP released to OPR 5/22/2019
    Notice of Polygraph 7/22/2019 (confirm scheduled for 8/8/2019)
    Poly examiner emailed me back and said someone dropped out and offered earlier poly date of 7/23/2019. I accepted it.
    Polygraph 7/23/2019
    Additional poly testing requested 7/26/2019
    2nd poly 7/29/2019
    Poly NOR 7/31/2019 PASS
    Investigator contacted me 8/19/2020 (He met coworkers, parents, neighbors that same day)
    Meting with investigator 8/20/2019 (he also met with one of my references that same day)
    He submitted BI 9/6/2019
    NOPA 12/5/2019
    My response to NOPA 12/6/2019
    BI cleared 2/10/2019 (probably the most stressful 2 months of my life)
    DT 2/18/2019
    Final call 2/25/2019
    Currently at 75%. DT has not cleared yet but I am not worried about that at all.
    EOD 7/27/2020
    Academy 8/10/2020 - 12/17/2020
    Accepted GS5
    Port is in Hidalgo, TX which is like a 20 minute drive from where I currently live so I'm content with that!

This has been the longest 2 years of my life. For those that have been waiting for a long time, I know exactly how you feel. It is very stressful not only for me, but for my family. You cannot give up. Next month marks 2 years since I originally applied. 2 brutal years. One failed exam, one restart from scratch application, and one NOPA later, I made it. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. Good luck guys and gals.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats man jdop7 My process is about 2 years as well. Its frustrating but just have to hang in there. it will be worth it....

• Mr. T7
      Mr. T7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats bro. And you got a Port close to home! I'm 3 months in on the background investigation phase. I'm also aiming for Hidalgo, if all goes well. Did you have to negotiate to get the Hidalgo POE, or was it offered right away?

• jcsaenz3
      jcsaenz3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congratulaions!!! if i may ask why did you receive a NOPA. Im currently in the adjudication phase and hopeful i wont receive one but if I do I want to be prepared.

• jdop7
      jdop7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Mr. T7 I didn't have to negotiate or anything like that. Hidalgo was offered to me when I asked for Texas locations.
      jcsaenz3 NOPA was for financial stuff from years ago that was cleared up even before I applied, but they decided to bring it up and stress me out! haha

• Message deleted
    Last edited by CBPOFO23; 04-05-2020, 05:08 PM.

Comment

• PM015
      PM015 commented
      Editing a comment
      Is there a holiday that falls between your EOD and going to FLETC?

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      I EOD on Mon and Fletc on Tue 2 weeks after that... lol maybe they allow a day or 2 to travel to Fletc... They probably don't want you to travel own time (weekend)
      Last edited by V_AntCBP; 02-26-2020, 08:45 AM.

• SheepDogg
      SheepDogg commented
      Editing a comment
      @ Nousername1 What are you EOD and Academy dates?

• SheepDogg
      SheepDogg commented
      Editing a comment
      Anyone start buying stuff for the Academy? Care to share your list? Also, does anyone know what the dress code is for pre academy?

Any info is appreciated, even if it’s another thread.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5656 users online. 326 members and 5330 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X