Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey I have a few random questions, if someone can answer I would appreciate it. Does your academy dates include any time at the port you are assigned to?...Does your health coverage for you and your dependents kick in the day of your EOD?... if your current employer authorizes you to carry an off duty personal protection firearm would CBP want you to relinquish that firearm to CBP until graduation?...What exactly is the off duty carry policy for CBP?

Comment

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      One, no. All academy training will be in Georgia. Pre-and post-academy training are outside the academy dates and will be at your port...or within commuting distance of your port.

Two, yes. Or at the least you should be covered on the day you opt for a plan...if that day isn't the day you EOD.

Three, not sure what you mean. Before you EOD with CBP your current employer becomes your former employer. How exactly do you carry any authorization to carry a firearm from current employer past your employment with them? What exactly is an off-duty personal protection firearm and who owns it? Assuming you are in compliance with all relevant state and local laws with regard to that weapon, CBP will have no responsibility for your personal weapin(s). Likely , they will deny you the option to carry it on CBP property and disavow you if your carriage of such a weapon becomes a problem anywhere else. FLETC weapon storage is for agency approved weapons only and they will act without mercy should you bring a personal gun to their campus.

4. I will dig you up a link to the most relevant CBP firearms policy that has been publicly disseminated. Link to follow...

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      4A,
      .http://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/fil...cyHandbook.pdf

• Jbenz
      Jbenz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Merlin, I have peace officer status at my current employer here in NYC. My firearm is personally owned but I have the authority to carry it off duty due to my peace officer status. So after review it appears that I believe I would have to turn in and secure my firearm with my current employer’s range and then once I graduate the CBP academy I show my credentials and pick it up.

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Jbenz.

I'm not understanding the complexities here.

You are an employee of a NYC?, NYS?, other? agency who allows you to carry a personally owed weapon and gives you peace officer status under their authority . How exactly does any of that transfer with you when you resign from your current agency prior to joining CBP? A quick search shows that you're looking at Newark, NJ as a port. What is your current carriage authorities in NJ? I have never lived in NJ but I have heard stories of it's gun laws. I have lived in NYS and I am aware of it's draconian gun laws...and NYC is even worse.

My opinion...lock it up somewhere or with someone responsible until you graduate and are settled. Then, be very careful until you are off probation. Then, resurface your gun, get a state permit...if you want, Carry under LEOSA, or carry the issued gun under your CBP creds.

• 19-4
    JFK
    EOD August 3, FLETC August 17th to December 28th

Anyone with similar dates for JFK??

Comment

• nickg317
      nickg317 commented
      Editing a comment
      xknuckles I don't know man but I am grateful

• nickg317
      nickg317 commented
      Editing a comment
      Florida_Man This process is crazy. Thanks!

• xknuckles
      xknuckles commented
      Editing a comment
      Absolutely, good luck! nickg317

• Chris Martin
      Chris Martin commented
      Editing a comment
      19-4
      I got an email from OPR needing to clear something up. They wanted to know if they could use email, Hopefully it’s minor and I can get this BI cleared.

• Congrats everyone who got called! I’m 19-2 and still waiting for poly. How long did it take you guys after SI to get your poly date?

Comment

• Florida_Man
      Florida_Man commented
      Editing a comment
      Atess27 I’ve been waiting a year now since my SI. I emailed ICAP and they said they haven’t even gotten my file yet. I emailed the Florida recruit office and they said they are doing a background check.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Waited 50 weeks for my. Took it in Tampa Florida,

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m 19-2 and waiting over 10 months hopefully soon.

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Florida_Man I feel you I am in the same boat and received the same answer that BI is being worked on and that the polygraph exam will be scheduled when it’s available. Hang in there you should be scheduled before me.

• Los Angeles Recruiter input on the background Investigation
    Attached Files

Comment

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      I hear you I received a similar email as well. I guess the wait continues.

• Keee562
      Keee562 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea unfortunately

• So with the switch from HK to Glock, are they issuing Glocks to all new hires at FLETC? Or is it dependent upon port assigned and a phase in by location?

Comment

• AJSIN0311
      AJSIN0311 commented
      Editing a comment
      Friend of mine works CBP in Michigan and says only the higher ups get the G47 at his port while everyone else is still rocking with the HK. Eventually they’ll get an issued G19.

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      PM015 & assembly-jef only BP and I think AM got the 47. OFO got the 19

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      One face at the border = one farce at the border again...at least as it relates to OFO.

The G47 isn't an option for the standard CBPO.

• OKCsparrow
      OKCsparrow commented
      Editing a comment
      What holster are they issuing with the Glock? Safariland or something else?

• Currently at the 8 month mark ! Hoping to get JFK and praying to pass the poly !!
    Last edited by jjsince97; 02-10-2020, 10:34 AM.

Comment

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm almost at 11months since passing SI - getting closer and closer

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      corsair sooner or later the email and call should arrive. I emailed BI and was told OPR is working on background and then you will be scheduled for polygraph based on availability. I guess patience is the virtue to completing this long process.

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      I never got a follow up when I asked the recruiter what was up - said he was emailing up to see if there was any information or why it was being held up.

**I sent an email out for a follow up and was told my background was being actively worked on and was pulled a few weeks ago.
      Last edited by corsair; 02-10-2020, 02:11 PM.

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      corsair I just try to be patient and humble with this process. Yes it’s frustrating but if it’s meant to be it will be.

• fonzi7979 When i originally applied i was GS5 announcement 19-6 . I reapplied to GS9 tho. They kept what i had done already but the announcement for that is 20-1 so idk how that works Lol

Comment

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      You should be scheduled before me but once again there’s no real time frame. Just my opinion it’s case by case after reading through this forum. Good luck I hope to see you at JFK one day if I am given the opportunity.

• xknuckles
      xknuckles commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah same here, 20-4 GS9 waiting for them to merge my 19-3

• fonzi7979 Yeah man we’ll see ! Good luck

Comment

• Quick question. If i am in the process for border patrol and OFO at the same time and i fail one polygraph... do they end your process for both being that it is all under cbp?

Comment

• Nousername1
        Nousername1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, you will only get one poly which impacts both OFO and BP application.

• UPDATE: BEEN A YEAR SINCE I APPLIED

CBPO 19-4

Applied: 1-31-2019

Test: 2-9-2019

Test results: 2-11-2019; Passed

BI Packet: turned in 2-28-2019

Medical: 3-07-2019 | Passed

SI: 3-13-2019

SI Results: 3-14-2019; Passed

Fitness: 3-19-2019 | Passed

3-18-2019: got an email “ case management reassigned due to changes in H.R. “

4-11-2019: Equip rejected | fixed correction turned in same day.

4-12-2019: Equip released to OPR.

Equip: green check mark.

5-31-2019: call from my O.P.R scheduled poly 6/17/19.

6/17/2019: polygraph taken | verbal pass. “ was told it needed to be reviewed by Q.C. Might need further testing”

6/18/2019: got a call from my polygraph examiner, was told I passed. Polygraph on cass green check.

Background: 7/22 received call from B.I left my city 7/26. Spoke to all my references and point of contacts.

8/22 met w / another b.i

Still waiting have not received any calls or emails.

Pending:

63%

Background:

Drug

Final offer.

Comment

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for sharing your progress. You are almost there. Some of us are in for a year or better and still waiting for the polygraph exam. Go figure that one out. It is what it is.
        Last edited by fonzi7979; 02-10-2020, 01:45 PM.

• cstephensiv
        cstephensiv commented
        Editing a comment
        Im 19-4, initial BI DEC 12, 2019 still waiting on clearance... Hope we we will hear something soon!!!

• Does anyone know what “IA Intake” mean?

Comment

• Dodge_Guy19-4
        Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Need context

• Keee562
        Keee562 commented
        Editing a comment
        Internal Affairs intake=Adjudication

• logic305
        logic305 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, Keeee

• Okay so I know this isn't about CBP, but for those that like that super shiny boot look, but have issues getting it. If you're using Kiwi like I always have been toss it in the trash. I used some Lincoln Shoe Polish today after being told by an airport shoe shiner it's the only stuff he'll use. Just wow is all I can say is how quickly it put a mirror shine to my 5.11 boots with some good old fashion elbow grease. I'm sure a good amount of you have heard of this stuff already, but thought I'd share for those that haven't.

Comment

• Dodge_Guy19-4
        Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
        Editing a comment
        I've used Lincoln wax since the early 2000s when the Army used to shine boots. Kiwis is good in a pinch, or if you dont like paying $8-10 a can for Lincoln. But I agree, and you get what you pay for.

• I would actually suggest that with new boots, rub about half a large can of Kiwi into the boots to fill the pores (not all at once, it takes a few coats). Then move onto the Lincoln. Kiwi is creamy and easier to spread than the carnauba in Lincoln. Once you establish a base coat that fills all the pores, add a light even coat of Lincoln and let haze over like when waxing a car. Use a clean soft cloth and lightly buff the haze away. If you're careful with it, a little heat (lighter or heat gun) will melt the wax into the pores and reduce the amount of elbow grease

Comment

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        Good tips Dodge_Guy19-4 will give it a shot when I get to the academy.

• NoSlack898
        NoSlack898 commented
        Editing a comment
        What kind of boots are those ?

• Anyone on here been reinstated back to CBPO? I got a Tentative Job offer letter for reinstatement and would like to know whats to follow. Thanks!

Comment

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you have a NOPA from CBP?

• Vulture89
        Vulture89 commented
        Editing a comment
        Negative. Got a job at another agency and left in good terms a few months ago. Trying to get back through the reinstatement process.

• Anyone know how lodging works at FLETC?

Comment

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        More or less.

There are several different housing units on campus. What you will get will depend on what's available when you go to Georgia. If it's crowded enough, there's the potential of being put up off-campus in a local hotel.

Depending on the draw of location and how full FLETC is, the particulars will change.
        Last edited by merlin436; 02-11-2020, 03:39 AM.

• Manonfire6666
        Manonfire6666 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Merlin

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7659 users online. 435 members and 7224 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X