Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just scored Olympic tickets for Japan 2020 and now I'm hoping it continues to take a long time before they get back to me.

Comment

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats you should be fine.

• PA_Ed
      PA_Ed commented
      Editing a comment
      You can kiss your career in Law Enforcement goodbye after you're diagnosed with the Coronavirus.....

• thelonelybum
      thelonelybum commented
      Editing a comment
      people have survived the Corona, just add a lime.

• So today I got the hiring call!!!. I picked JFK, I EOD August 28th, 2020. Then FLECT from September 14, 2020 - January 26, 2021.

MattCBP

Comment

• MattCBP
      MattCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Congratulations !!

• SmokeScreen07
      SmokeScreen07 commented
      Editing a comment
      corsair Yea, they're coming slowly, also remember I traveled over 4hrs out of state to take mine.

fonzi7979 Thank you

V_AntCBP Thank you, I can't wait

MattCBP Thank you

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s great once polygraph has been completed you are moving quickly. Good luck to you and hope to see you at JFK one day.

• SmokeScreen07
      SmokeScreen07 commented
      Editing a comment
      fonzi7979 Thank you, yea its moving quickly, I got assigned a background investigator 2 days ago, and just met with them today. That would be pretty cool, I hope to see some of you at JFK too.

• I took my drug test today. I really can't make sense of the whole process. I took my polygraph retake on Jan 28; I saw my Cass was green on Saturday. I got my emailed to schedule my DT yesterday. I am not complaining just noting that after a 9 week wait for a decision from QC, it is really moving now. I guess everybody is different. Good luck all!

Applied March 2019
    19-5 GS9 VRA DH Newark, NJ
    CASS 63%

SI March 2019
    Medical March 2019
    Physical June 2019
    BI started July 2019 (pulled credit report) pending
    Polygraph Nov 14 2019
    Polygraph #2 Jan 28 2020 Cleared CASS on Feb 1, 2020
    Drug Test Feb 6, 2020
    Final offer Pending
    Last edited by SAS-CBPO; 02-06-2020, 04:51 PM.

Comment

• I JUST LOGGED INTO MY CASS & IT SAYS THERE IS NO APPLICATION. What does this mean? I'm Provisional and was just checking to see if my BI was completed. But my entire application tracker is gone !!! I was at 88%

Comment

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow that’s something new I heard. Maybe glitch or updating.

• I'm already EOD I already have my Government ID. I already Started Training and I leave for academy next week. I'm already on payroll at my Duty Location. I cant understand how my profile just disappeared like I never applied. But I last checked like 2 days ago and I was 88% awaiting my BI.

Comment

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'll guess since that you have already EOD'd that there is no reason to continue with your CASS profile.

As long as you stay employed you'll know you haven't yet failed your background. If you go to academy graduation and find out that they pull your gun and creds right after the ceremony...well, then you'll know that your background is still pending resolution.

• fonzi7979 Yeah the making sense part, most of the time it really doesn’t make any. But here is my timeline.

8.4.18- Entrance Exam
      8.8.18- Notice of passing exam
      8.28.18- Background Investigation packet notice to submit
      8.30.18- Notice of Medical exam schedule
      9.6.18- Notice of Fitness test scheduled
      9.19.18- notice of Structured interview scheduled
      4.19.19- Notice of Polygraph scheduled
      5.17.19- Polygraph
      7.10.19- Interview with BI
      1.27.20- Drug test call/ Background cleared in CASS
      1.28.20- Drug test
      2.5.20- Final Offer

Hang in there!!

Comment

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        Eann86 thank you for sharing your a gentleman good luck to you at the Academy and so forth. Be safe.

• merlin436 That's a messed up way to find out tho !!! Smh :-(

Comment

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        Have you talked to your FTOs and your management?

I'm betting that somebody local gets notified if you successfully clear the BI. Maybe you can get an email as a heads-up.

• Just got the call!!! Guess what I got? Military hold! Due to an upcoming deployment lol I understand it, but I wish I could get a location and dates to relieve that anxiety lol Still happy that I completed the process. I just need to call when en route back to reactivate and get a date.

Comment

• 19-1 DH. Just found out that my BI is green on Cass! After the NOPA I was really concerned but thank goodness it cleared! Now to wait for the drug test!

Comment

• TsFost
          TsFost commented
          Editing a comment
          congrats. be glued to the phone and have a notepad/pen ready to write stuff down

• cstephensiv
          cstephensiv commented
          Editing a comment
          jdop7 What was the NOPA for if you don't saying? Still waiting on my BI to clear almost three months in and nothing but crickets so far.

• jdop7
          jdop7 commented
          Editing a comment
          TsFost thanks for the advice! cstephensiv NOPA was for financial stuff from years ago that was already cleared up even before I thought about applying for law enforcement. I met with my investigator in late August and got the NOPA in early December. Your BI should clear soon. Crickets are better than a NOPA!!

• Does anyone know what the requirements are for uniform boots? Is it required we have composite toe or anything? Gearing up for the academy, getting super stoked!

Comment

• SheepDogg
          SheepDogg commented
          Editing a comment
          kli0211 When is your EOD and Academy date?

TsFost Any boot suggestions if I am heading to the Academy starting in May?

• TsFost
          TsFost commented
          Editing a comment
          SheepDogg I just bought some 5.11s since they are good overall boots. Even when I get my ones from the uniform allotment I'm still gonna enjoy these 5.11s as an off duty boot.

• ES90
          ES90 commented
          Editing a comment
          Black, polishable toe, common police boot styling. Most anything from 5.11, Rocky, Bates, Danner, etc will work. Get something that will cushion your feet, you'll be on your feet on hard surfaces a lot at FLETC and on the job. Don't go cheap, in my experience you get what you pay for in tactical boots.

• kli0211
          kli0211 commented
          Editing a comment
          SheepDogg EOD April 8th, academy April 23 - August 27th

TsFost funny we actually just moved from Kingsland, which is only about 45 min from Brunswick where the academy is... all too familiar with the terribly wet disgusting summers

Thanks everyone, I was already planning on getting some Danners, just wanted to verify that we didn’t need composite toe or steel toe or any other specific requirements

• I just got the “call”
        19-5 VRA DH Newark, NJ
        EOD June 15
        FLETC June 30-Nov 4

Comment

• Jbenz
          Jbenz commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats! Same here...
          Newark, NJ
          EOD June 15
          FLETC June 30- Nov. 4

• Glad to see applicants getting DT and the "Call". Hopefully my file at OPR gets some attention lol.

Comment

• corsair
          corsair commented
          Editing a comment
          You and me both

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          We shall see soon if OPR has caught up with the shutdown back in 2018.

• To Veteran applicants;
        Does anyone have any info on how to use the Post 9/11 GI Bill during the CBP academy? I just found out that you can use your GI bill benefits and receive Basic Housing Allowance while at the academy but I can't find any clear answers on using it while at FLETC (the VA website is hard to navigate). I would love to get the housing allowance and not have to touch any of the money I earn while at FLETC

Comment

• Dodge_Guy19-4
          Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
          Editing a comment
          You're looking at literally throwing away 4 months of tuition for $4800 worth of housing stipend?

Should have just married a stripper and transfered your GI Bill to her/him.
          Last edited by Dodge_Guy19-4; 02-07-2020, 10:27 PM.

• DrigoCBP
          DrigoCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Throwing away 4 months of housing? I already have a degree guy and have NO use for it. Might as well get the most out of it. Dodge_Guy19-4

• CAL0231
          CAL0231 commented
          Editing a comment
          I want to say you don't get the full amount. I need to research it more because I want to do the same when I go in March. I think CBP has to officiate something and you would be getting paid for OTJ training. 800ish A month if I remember right.

• Yshaban
          Yshaban commented
          Editing a comment
          DrigoCBP Post 9/11 Gi bill can be transferred to your spouse or kids! you can save them that pain of getting money for college but you can still use it for CBP academy.

• I missed the call today ... will they call on the weekend?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          no, just Mon to Fri, 0800 to 1800, but who knows they may do OT to call people since they are behind, I would keep phone on hand all the time in next few days, especially Mon, have a notepad, a pen handy too to write down info, which port you are trying to get? TommyKay

• SheepDogg
          SheepDogg commented
          Editing a comment
          TommyKay All you have to do is call them and leave a message. They will return your call.

• Any 19-12 applicants get a call from OPR for the poly?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8124 users online. 439 members and 7685 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X