Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got approved for 20-4 GS9 CBP. Hopefully it gets the ball rolling from my 19-3

Comment

• xknuckles
      xknuckles commented
      Editing a comment
      Combined education with Leo experience. You only need a BA

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      I only have bachelor with no leo experience, only qualified gs7

• xknuckles
      xknuckles commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh whoops so yeah with Leo experience

• thelonelybum
      thelonelybum commented
      Editing a comment
      There's also a little section that reads

"A minimum of 1 year of specialized full-time work experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade level that demonstrates the ability to make rapid, accurate judgments and decisions with respect to the application of the regulations, instructions, and procedures for importing and exporting merchandise to and from the United States, or enforcement and administration of laws relating to the right of persons to enter, reside in, or depart from the United States"

If you can spin your job experience to this then you technically qualify without LEO experience

• xknuckles Just curious, why did you reapply to a different announcement?

Comment

• xknuckles
      xknuckles commented
      Editing a comment
      19-3 was GS5. This is GS9 and I’m graduating next year

• Jr90037
      Jr90037 commented
      Editing a comment
      You can also get it with law enforcement experience that’s how l got mine

• Mtapd-hopeful
      Mtapd-hopeful commented
      Editing a comment
      I put down nypd auxiliary police experience and they denied gs9. Anyone do this and get approval.

• Wow I passed the polygraph guys !!!!! Im so excited.. about how long should i expect to wait for the background investigation now that i passed the poly ??

CBP Hiring Process VRA 19-12

Applied 9/9/19 ✅

Entrance Exam 9/11/19 ✅

Notice of Results 9/16/19 ✅

SI 10/8/2019 ✅

Medical 10/9/2019 ✅ Passed 10/23

PFT 10/11/2019 ✅

Polygraph ✅ 01/28/19 Received NOR 02/05/20

BI

Drug Test

Final Call

Comment

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats. What port or location are you requesting when you get the call.

• DrigoCBP
      DrigoCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      I would love to stay in Orlando but i know im probably asking for too much lol . If its not Orlando/Miami/Tampa , im considering somewhere in Texas. Gotta do more research before i decide. fonzi7979

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      DrigoCBP , best wishes on getting anything in FL.... when I got my final call the lady on the phone laughed when I asked if t here was anything in FL. At my time (Aug 2019, or around), nothing in the Southeast was even available for someone with less than 8 years time in or senior 1st/2nd Line Supervisors.

• DrigoCBP
      DrigoCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Talonderiel Lol yea i can see why but im not losing faith since i’ve seen that they typically work with Veteran applicants w the duty location they want. Either way, as long as i get the job, i dont care where i go.

• Hello guys, today I took the drug test and to my surprise got "the call" as well I picked Newark NJ and I shall report to my duty station on Jun 11 for the two weeks orientation. Then from 6/26 to 11/2 are the Academy dates.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I got the call 3 weeks ago, they told me classes are full till July, they even pushed my date a week later only after few days wait, lol, now they are still filling June. AJSIN0311 lol not like I want any earlier... But it's just weird...

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      I wonder if they have different classes based on announcements. Reason I say that is when I was offered ports that were in need of officers my EOD would have been a good month earlier, but I chose a city on the Border I wanted that wasn't on that list.

• Eann86
      Eann86 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats! I too received those academy dates when I got the job offer on Wednesday. V_AntCBP, I am wondering if it has anything to do with Male to Female ratio? sory_ann not sure if you are a female, but I am so maybe that's why we got a closer date?

• sory_ann
      sory_ann commented
      Editing a comment
      Eann86 Thank you, female power lol!!!

• V_AntCBP I still dont know why the difference in dates, I was truly expecting to eod around your time. Also, the drug test was today, and I thought I was going to wait weeks...I am happy dont get me wrong, I guess its just a CBP "thing" lol...

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Right. Unexpected as usual... Lol. Everyone is different... I thought they filled all the dates up to July August now, dont know where the heck Jun come from... sory_ann lol but I'm truly happy for you... Heck we may be able to grab a drink sometime down fletc... Lol keep in touch

• sory_ann
      sory_ann commented
      Editing a comment
      V_AntCBP Lol I hope so too.

• fonzi7979 Thank you! I think that having a BP application too might have had a positive effect...and because of it the lady who called today with the job offer insisted on the Southwest border locations. I declined the BP job offer and she said that she was also offering me the CBPO position and I accepted it.

Comment

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      If you're a female, CBPO is likely a better choice for you than BP.

• Page
      Page commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, sory_ann, congrats, and good luck at FLETC, I guess CBP OFO is just the best choice possible for you, since you agree with merlin436 "If you're a female, CBPO is likely a better choice for you than BP". Glad you made the right choice. Border Patrol is going to be a challenge, but this female is up to the challenge, I'll GLADLY take your spot!

• Hello guys today I got the called.i have to report June 11 & academy dates: 06/26-11/02. I first applied on December of 2018

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats man, Fog682 which port did you pick? You got the same eod with sorryann

• merlin436 I agree!!

Comment

• Page
      Page commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, sory_ann, congrats, and good luck at FLETC, I guess CBP OFO is just the best choice possible for you, since you agree with merlin436 "If you're a female, CBPO is likely a better choice for you than BP". Glad you made the right choice. Border Patrol is going to be a challenge, but this female is up to the challenge, I'll GLADLY take your spot!

• I was a Correctional Officer in the Federal Bureau of Prisons for nine years, and in the Marine Corps for four years, I applied and was accepted as a GS 7. Should I reapply for a GS9 although I have an EOD already?

Comment

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Are they stepping you out as a GS-07?

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      Personally I'd do it due to the military time. You may not hear back about it at FLETC until closer till graduation, but you will probably get it. I took my EOD at a GS7 grade, then reapplied for GS9. Took a few months but randomly got a call from CBP saying it was accepted.

• Gixxerman
      Gixxerman commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not sure, I figured I'll find out what step I am designated at when I report to my port before Glynnco.

• Gixxerman
      Gixxerman commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. I'm going to update my resume and reapply for the GS 9 position.

• Anyone from 19-2 announcement for JFK been emailed or called for polygraph exam? Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Comment

• 19-11 Provisional Buffalo NY Port
      Waiting on Poly, Drug & BI

Man this waiting game is so mentally exhausting haha emailed poly for an update and no response

Comment

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for sharing I am in the same boat. I know the feeling hopefully soon we shall see some more progress.

• First time posting in here but I have been following for some time! I’m curious as to what are some good duty locations for CBPO? As well as advancement opportunities into various units?

Comment

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        That really depends on what you're looking for out of the job, and the type of area you want to work in. Some people love the cold, and some love the heat. Some want the mountains, and some want beaches. Then your larger ports should have specialized teams depending on the needs of those areas. SRT is awesome, and I believe you can usually apply towards it after 2 years of service.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        Depending on how one defines "good "... I'd say that larger is usually better than smaller, especially for opportunities. Having said that...picking the right smaller port might get one opportunity sooner, due to circumstances and fewer employee options.

• Hey long time lurker here, received the call yesterday for final offer of employment and I missed it. Anybody know how long it usually takes for them to call you back and what hours they operate? Thank you.
      Last edited by Jbenz; 02-06-2020, 11:34 AM.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        I would glue the phone to hand even when you go to bathroom, volume max, lol, Mon to Fri, 8 to 6pm est, they called me at 530pm, they will probably call you back tomorrow.... Good luck man, what's loc you are looking to get?

• Jbenz
        Jbenz commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the reply,
        I hope so. I’m praying for Newark, NJ.

• Jbenz
        Jbenz commented
        Editing a comment
        I got the call today! NEWARK EOD 6/15 Academy 6/30 - 11/4
        Last edited by Jbenz; 02-08-2020, 08:15 AM.

• Hello All!! If you’re reading this, you’re here probably because the wait is a killer and this passes the time! Let me tell you one thing, nothing worth having comes easy, and it’s so worth the wait! Ok enough mushy talk, but for real!

18-11. 19 months for the whole process. Drug tested last Wednesday and I got the call yesterday!! EOD June 11th, and Academy June 26-Nov 2nd.

Comment

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats Eann86 how long did it take to get scheduled for the polygraph exam. I am trying to make sense of this process I am in 19-2 announcement and I completed my SI back in April 2019 and I am sitting at 50% completed on my CASS. If you care to share it’s greatly appreciated.

• Hey guys i received my NOR VRA-204 a month ago. I was ineligible GS-5 due to i did not attain the overall minimum score assessments and GS-5 i did not meet the minimum education/experience. I dont know where i did a mistake, resume, education evaluation or my credentials. I do have a bachelors degree from a foreign country and im a US veteran. Can anyone here shine a light on how to do a resume? i will try to apply again for CBPO VRA 206. Since i already apply Vra205 and was turn down again was not referred.

Comment

• Dodge_Guy19-4
        Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
        Editing a comment
        https://www.cbp.gov/careers/car/cbpo-resume-aid.

I dont know what branch of service you are a Veteran of, but... Some services offer classes to help you become more employable, some larger Army installations also have fulltime OFO/BP Recruiters to help vets apply to CBP.
        Last edited by Dodge_Guy19-4; 02-06-2020, 01:15 PM.

• jcsaenz3
        jcsaenz3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Make sure to upload your transcript and highlight your resume where it says that you graduated with a bachelors degreee. Same thing happened to me a while back i didnt get accepted until i uploaded my transcript.

• 210CBPO
        210CBPO commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you pass the entrance exam? "Assessments" sounds like maybe it was the entrance exam. Did you score higher than 70?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8055 users online. 432 members and 7623 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X