• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• merlin436 That's a messed up way to find out tho !!! Smh :-(

Comment

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Have you talked to your FTOs and your management?

I'm betting that somebody local gets notified if you successfully clear the BI. Maybe you can get an email as a heads-up.

• Just got the call!!! Guess what I got? Military hold! Due to an upcoming deployment lol I understand it, but I wish I could get a location and dates to relieve that anxiety lol Still happy that I completed the process. I just need to call when en route back to reactivate and get a date.

Comment

• 19-1 DH. Just found out that my BI is green on Cass! After the NOPA I was really concerned but thank goodness it cleared! Now to wait for the drug test!

Comment

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        congrats. be glued to the phone and have a notepad/pen ready to write stuff down

• cstephensiv
        cstephensiv commented
        Editing a comment
        jdop7 What was the NOPA for if you don't saying? Still waiting on my BI to clear almost three months in and nothing but crickets so far.

• jdop7
        jdop7 commented
        Editing a comment
        TsFost thanks for the advice! cstephensiv NOPA was for financial stuff from years ago that was already cleared up even before I thought about applying for law enforcement. I met with my investigator in late August and got the NOPA in early December. Your BI should clear soon. Crickets are better than a NOPA!!

• Does anyone know what the requirements are for uniform boots? Is it required we have composite toe or anything? Gearing up for the academy, getting super stoked!

Comment

• SheepDogg
        SheepDogg commented
        Editing a comment
        kli0211 When is your EOD and Academy date?

TsFost Any boot suggestions if I am heading to the Academy starting in May?

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        SheepDogg I just bought some 5.11s since they are good overall boots. Even when I get my ones from the uniform allotment I'm still gonna enjoy these 5.11s as an off duty boot.

• ES90
        ES90 commented
        Editing a comment
        Black, polishable toe, common police boot styling. Most anything from 5.11, Rocky, Bates, Danner, etc will work. Get something that will cushion your feet, you'll be on your feet on hard surfaces a lot at FLETC and on the job. Don't go cheap, in my experience you get what you pay for in tactical boots.

• kli0211
        kli0211 commented
        Editing a comment
        SheepDogg EOD April 8th, academy April 23 - August 27th

TsFost funny we actually just moved from Kingsland, which is only about 45 min from Brunswick where the academy is... all too familiar with the terribly wet disgusting summers

Thanks everyone, I was already planning on getting some Danners, just wanted to verify that we didn’t need composite toe or steel toe or any other specific requirements

• I just got the “call”
      19-5 VRA DH Newark, NJ
      EOD June 15
      FLETC June 30-Nov 4

Comment

• Jbenz
        Jbenz commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats! Same here...
        Newark, NJ
        EOD June 15
        FLETC June 30- Nov. 4

• Glad to see applicants getting DT and the "Call". Hopefully my file at OPR gets some attention lol.

Comment

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        You and me both

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        We shall see soon if OPR has caught up with the shutdown back in 2018.

• To Veteran applicants;
      Does anyone have any info on how to use the Post 9/11 GI Bill during the CBP academy? I just found out that you can use your GI bill benefits and receive Basic Housing Allowance while at the academy but I can't find any clear answers on using it while at FLETC (the VA website is hard to navigate). I would love to get the housing allowance and not have to touch any of the money I earn while at FLETC

Comment

• Dodge_Guy19-4
        Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
        Editing a comment
        You're looking at literally throwing away 4 months of tuition for $4800 worth of housing stipend?

Should have just married a stripper and transfered your GI Bill to her/him.
        Last edited by Dodge_Guy19-4; 02-07-2020, 11:27 PM.

• DrigoCBP
        DrigoCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Throwing away 4 months of housing? I already have a degree guy and have NO use for it. Might as well get the most out of it. Dodge_Guy19-4

• CAL0231
        CAL0231 commented
        Editing a comment
        I want to say you don't get the full amount. I need to research it more because I want to do the same when I go in March. I think CBP has to officiate something and you would be getting paid for OTJ training. 800ish A month if I remember right.

• Yshaban
        Yshaban commented
        Editing a comment
        DrigoCBP Post 9/11 Gi bill can be transferred to your spouse or kids! you can save them that pain of getting money for college but you can still use it for CBP academy.

• I missed the call today ... will they call on the weekend?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        no, just Mon to Fri, 0800 to 1800, but who knows they may do OT to call people since they are behind, I would keep phone on hand all the time in next few days, especially Mon, have a notepad, a pen handy too to write down info, which port you are trying to get? TommyKay

• SheepDogg
        SheepDogg commented
        Editing a comment
        TommyKay All you have to do is call them and leave a message. They will return your call.

• Any 19-12 applicants get a call from OPR for the poly?

Comment

• Hey I have a few random questions, if someone can answer I would appreciate it. Does your academy dates include any time at the port you are assigned to?...Does your health coverage for you and your dependents kick in the day of your EOD?... if your current employer authorizes you to carry an off duty personal protection firearm would CBP want you to relinquish that firearm to CBP until graduation?...What exactly is the off duty carry policy for CBP?

Comment

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          One, no. All academy training will be in Georgia. Pre-and post-academy training are outside the academy dates and will be at your port...or within commuting distance of your port.

Two, yes. Or at the least you should be covered on the day you opt for a plan...if that day isn't the day you EOD.

Three, not sure what you mean. Before you EOD with CBP your current employer becomes your former employer. How exactly do you carry any authorization to carry a firearm from current employer past your employment with them? What exactly is an off-duty personal protection firearm and who owns it? Assuming you are in compliance with all relevant state and local laws with regard to that weapon, CBP will have no responsibility for your personal weapin(s). Likely , they will deny you the option to carry it on CBP property and disavow you if your carriage of such a weapon becomes a problem anywhere else. FLETC weapon storage is for agency approved weapons only and they will act without mercy should you bring a personal gun to their campus.

4. I will dig you up a link to the most relevant CBP firearms policy that has been publicly disseminated. Link to follow...

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          4A,
          .http://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/fil...cyHandbook.pdf

• Jbenz
          Jbenz commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Merlin, I have peace officer status at my current employer here in NYC. My firearm is personally owned but I have the authority to carry it off duty due to my peace officer status. So after review it appears that I believe I would have to turn in and secure my firearm with my current employer’s range and then once I graduate the CBP academy I show my credentials and pick it up.

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          Jbenz.

I'm not understanding the complexities here.

You are an employee of a NYC?, NYS?, other? agency who allows you to carry a personally owed weapon and gives you peace officer status under their authority . How exactly does any of that transfer with you when you resign from your current agency prior to joining CBP? A quick search shows that you're looking at Newark, NJ as a port. What is your current carriage authorities in NJ? I have never lived in NJ but I have heard stories of it's gun laws. I have lived in NYS and I am aware of it's draconian gun laws...and NYC is even worse.

My opinion...lock it up somewhere or with someone responsible until you graduate and are settled. Then, be very careful until you are off probation. Then, resurface your gun, get a state permit...if you want, Carry under LEOSA, or carry the issued gun under your CBP creds.

• 19-4
        JFK
        EOD August 3, FLETC August 17th to December 28th

Anyone with similar dates for JFK??

Comment

• nickg317
          nickg317 commented
          Editing a comment
          xknuckles I don't know man but I am grateful

• nickg317
          nickg317 commented
          Editing a comment
          Florida_Man This process is crazy. Thanks!

• xknuckles
          xknuckles commented
          Editing a comment
          Absolutely, good luck! nickg317

• Chris Martin
          Chris Martin commented
          Editing a comment
          19-4
          I got an email from OPR needing to clear something up. They wanted to know if they could use email, Hopefully it’s minor and I can get this BI cleared.

• Congrats everyone who got called! I’m 19-2 and still waiting for poly. How long did it take you guys after SI to get your poly date?

Comment

• Florida_Man
          Florida_Man commented
          Editing a comment
          Atess27 I’ve been waiting a year now since my SI. I emailed ICAP and they said they haven’t even gotten my file yet. I emailed the Florida recruit office and they said they are doing a background check.

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Waited 50 weeks for my. Took it in Tampa Florida,

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m 19-2 and waiting over 10 months hopefully soon.

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          Florida_Man I feel you I am in the same boat and received the same answer that BI is being worked on and that the polygraph exam will be scheduled when it’s available. Hang in there you should be scheduled before me.

• Los Angeles Recruiter input on the background Investigation
        Attached Files

Comment

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          I hear you I received a similar email as well. I guess the wait continues.

• Keee562
          Keee562 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yea unfortunately

• So with the switch from HK to Glock, are they issuing Glocks to all new hires at FLETC? Or is it dependent upon port assigned and a phase in by location?

Comment

• AJSIN0311
          AJSIN0311 commented
          Editing a comment
          Friend of mine works CBP in Michigan and says only the higher ups get the G47 at his port while everyone else is still rocking with the HK. Eventually they’ll get an issued G19.

• TsFost
          TsFost commented
          Editing a comment
          PM015 & assembly-jef only BP and I think AM got the 47. OFO got the 19

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          One face at the border = one farce at the border again...at least as it relates to OFO.

The G47 isn't an option for the standard CBPO.

• OKCsparrow
          OKCsparrow commented
          Editing a comment
          What holster are they issuing with the Glock? Safariland or something else?

• Currently at the 8 month mark ! Hoping to get JFK and praying to pass the poly !!
        Last edited by jjsince97; 02-10-2020, 11:34 AM.

Comment

• corsair
          corsair commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm almost at 11months since passing SI - getting closer and closer

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          corsair sooner or later the email and call should arrive. I emailed BI and was told OPR is working on background and then you will be scheduled for polygraph based on availability. I guess patience is the virtue to completing this long process.

• corsair
          corsair commented
          Editing a comment
          I never got a follow up when I asked the recruiter what was up - said he was emailing up to see if there was any information or why it was being held up.

**I sent an email out for a follow up and was told my background was being actively worked on and was pulled a few weeks ago.
          Last edited by corsair; 02-10-2020, 03:11 PM.

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          corsair I just try to be patient and humble with this process. Yes it’s frustrating but if it’s meant to be it will be.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5992 users online. 340 members and 5652 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X