300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New on here...

I have research every thread and finally decided to write. I decided last month to join CBP after a long conversation from my brother which happens to be a Field Operations Supervisor in BP (New Mexico). Anyway, I took the written on December 1st and passed with a 88. My Geo Location is Florida. I am a little nervous cause In the past like alot of young man, I had some legal problems. Nothing which relates to Violence, drugs or felonies of no sort. Just wondering how hard are they? I really want this for myself and family and believe that I an ready for a positon with CBP just still worried on how hard they will be. Anyway, thanks for all the great threads cause it definitely has helped me understand more of whats to come. Good luck to everyone who is waiting and to those that are already heading out Congrats and do your best

Comment

• Originally posted by cby View Post
      I asked to chg my location they told me I will have to re-apply do I have to re-test?

I chose Washington State
      When you apply online it will know by your ssn that youve tested and should ask you "would you like to reuse this test score?" If it was a decent passing score just use it again. Because if you wake up on the wrong side of the bed and fail or score lower they will use that score.

Comment

• Im new on here and got the call last week to start on December 15th at Newark and January 22 for FLETC Class 923. Anyone else have that start date for newark?

Comment

• Originally posted by LSevilla View Post
          I have research every thread and finally decided to write. I decided last month to join CBP after a long conversation from my brother which happens to be a Field Operations Supervisor in BP (New Mexico). Anyway, I took the written on December 1st and passed with a 88. My Geo Location is Florida. I am a little nervous cause In the past like alot of young man, I had some legal problems. Nothing which relates to Violence, drugs or felonies of no sort. Just wondering how hard are they? I really want this for myself and family and believe that I an ready for a positon with CBP just still worried on how hard they will be. Anyway, thanks for all the great threads cause it definitely has helped me understand more of whats to come. Good luck to everyone who is waiting and to those that are already heading out Congrats and do your best
          Well there is no set in stone answer that i can give you. It seems to all be a case by case, adjudicator by adjudicator type thing. Some people may be found suitable and have the same offense in their background that another may be found unsuitable for. I guess it all depends on how your file is written up and how you presented yourself and who makes the final decision on your case.

Comment

• Originally posted by dam1ewr View Post
            Im new on here and got the call last week to start on December 15th at Newark and January 22 for FLETC Class 923. Anyone else have that start date for newark?
            Damn, you're in pre-academy for a lifetime. Maybe because of all the holidays. That sucks, but congrats on getting the job though.

Comment

• After taking the VBT, do they inform you if you pass, or do you have to wait a week or 2?...I can't seem to find a def. answer on this

Comment

• Sorry I got my dates mixed up. I go to Fletc January 14th. So it isn't too long but seems to be a week longer than everyone else in 923. It is probably from the holidays and also because the classes were filled already for that start date.

Comment

• Originally posted by NAL06 View Post
                  After taking the VBT, do they inform you if you pass, or do you have to wait a week or 2?...I can't seem to find a def. answer on this
                  You'll get a pass/fail notice of results in the mail in a couple weeks.

Comment

After taking the VBT, do they inform you if you pass, or do you have to wait a week or 2?...I can't seem to find a def. answer on this
                    You'll usually get a letter in the mail in 2-3 weeks. CASS also updates and lets you know if you passed. First it has to be reviewed by a panel.

Comment

Took a month for me.
                      GEO Pref: MIA
                      Written: 8/08 (99 w/VP)
                      TO: 9/08
                      Pre-employment Forms: Completed
                      Medical: Completed
                      Fitness: Completed
                      VBT: Completed 12/4
                      BI: Completed
                      Qualifications: Completed
                      TSU: 12/4
                      EOD: 2/17
                      FLETC: 3/12 Class 934

Comment

What did you do?
                        When did you do it?
                        How old were you at the time?
                        How was it finally resolved?

Depending on the answers to those and other questions, things could go 'hard' or things could go 'not so hard'. With out knowing the particulars there's not much guidance I can give you.

Be truthful. Lots of folks get hung out to dry over lying about minor stuff that at worst would have only cost them the time and effort needed to work their way past it.

Comment

• Originally posted by dam1ewr View Post
                          Sorry I got my dates mixed up. I go to Fletc January 14th. So it isn't too long but seems to be a week longer than everyone else in 923. It is probably from the holidays and also because the classes were filled already for that start date.
                          CONGRATS! Good Luck in the academy!

Comment

• Thanks Barnaj you've been a great help, I got 86 and I'm waiting for my B.I , medical and Qualifications. Anyone in Washington State???

Comment

• Originally posted by cby View Post
                              Thanks Barnaj you've been a great help, I got 86 and I'm waiting for my B.I , medical and Qualifications. Anyone in Washington State???
                              Not a problem, thats the whole idea of the forum i think.
                              Good luck with the process.

Comment

I asked this question when I first came to the forums and no one responded. I can tell you this much. Last week I received my call and I am starting at FLETC January 15th. When I was younger, I also had some legal issues of my own including a DWI. When I met my BI I told him EVERYTHING about my past. He was impressed at how honest I was and even flat out told me that he probably wouldn't have found out some of that information. I think that as long as you don't have a felony or a drug/violent offense ridden past and you can prove that you have changed, you stand a good chance of getting in. Good luck to you with your process.

Originally posted by dam1ewr View Post
                                Sorry I got my dates mixed up. I go to Fletc January 14th. So it isn't too long but seems to be a week longer than everyone else in 923. It is probably from the holidays and also because the classes were filled already for that start date.
                                There are about 6 of us in 923 over the last few pages if you scan the thread. I'll see you there. Good luck.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6859 users online. 369 members and 6490 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X