300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
    You don't need to be referred to TSU to "Hurry Up and Wait!"... you already are... and unless you are granted an "interim" clearance you won't be in TSU until you meet with your investigator and your BI gets cleared...
    Good Luck and Welcome to the waiting game...
    Do you ever stop talking crap to everyone that posts here? Your attitude is why you're not a CBPO.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSB_Hunter
      I have seen pictures and stuff of people at fletc that are boozing it up pretty hard. I hear they sell alcohol on fletc and have a bar, but what is the attitude of all the instructors that the students/recruits are partying and getting wasted? I am not planning on partying there, I just didn't know it would be so lax. Can anyone confirm what the attitudes are like at fletc regarding all the boozing? I am just very surprised by this.
      I don't think anyone who works at FLETC gives two craps about what you do outside of the time you are with them in their classroom, or on their gym floor, or whatever. You're here for the job, so you're treated like a responsible adult. That being said, there's bound to be a that minority that will treat it like it's college again (I asked my local ICE SAIC one time what FLETC was like and he just replied "well, it's a lot like college...with guns"). That's to be somewhat expected I guess. Also you'll find guys on here that talk about winding down in between weeks and trying to get away, as well as finding posts about older guys getting ****y that there are younger guys that they are rooming with who stay out late or something. Honestly, I just don't give it that much thought. If I'm on salary to do a job, I'm going to do it and give it my best. I'm young, but I'm not a party animal or cause for creating ruckus or anything. Anything beyond that is my business, but I don't think it warrants a lot of worry. You are the company you keep. Keep your head down, don't be 'THAT GUY' in your class, and things will work out.

Just my 0.02USD
      "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
        What's your timeline our of curiosity?
        Miami
        TO: Sep
        Fitness/Medical: Oct
        VBT, BI: Nov

I know I have nothing to complain about. It does seem that Miami is accelerated. My medical delay is no surprise since they made me see a Psychiatrist because I was prescribed Ambien once. Crossing my fingers.

Comment

• Glad I found this thread! I got the "call" yesterday, about 5 months since I first submitted my application. I am to report to my assigned location (San Francisco) on the 29th and off to Georgia in mid Jan. for academy. Anybody here joining me?

Comment

I have seen pictures and stuff of people at fletc that are boozing it up pretty hard. I hear they sell alcohol on fletc and have a bar, but what is the attitude of all the instructors that the students/recruits are partying and getting wasted? I am not planning on partying there, I just didn't know it would be so lax. Can anyone confirm what the attitudes are like at fletc regarding all the boozing? I am just very surprised by this.
            If you could collect all the beer cans that will be emptied at FLETC during your 4 months there and bring them to Michigan for the deposit, you'd be rich enough not to need the job...

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
              If you could collect all the beer cans that will be emptied at FLETC during your 4 months there and bring them to Michigan for the deposit, you'd be rich enough not to need the job...
              I should've thought of that when I was there!
              Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bizzy930 View Post
                Glad I found this thread! I got the "call" yesterday, about 5 months since I first submitted my application. I am to report to my assigned location (San Francisco) on the 29th and off to Georgia in mid Jan. for academy. Anybody here joining me?
                Congrads Bizzy, look like we will be in the same FLECT class. I will start my pre-Academy on Dec 22. See you at
                SFO
                Last edited by Nel223; 12-09-2008, 10:21 PM.

Comment

I have seen pictures and stuff of people at FLETC that are boozing it up pretty hard. I hear they sell alcohol on FLETC and have a bar, but what is the attitude of all the instructors that the students/recruits are partying and getting wasted? I am not planning on partying there, I just didn't know it would be so lax. Can anyone confirm what the attitudes are like at FLETC regarding all the boozing? I am just very surprised by this.

FLETC is often a very stressful place.

People take up drinking, smoking, and other crutches in order to unwind and relax. As long as people use common sense and a bit of moderation there's little harm to it.
                  Those who treat it like "Spring Break/ Animal House" probably won't make it through the program.

Comment

• Goosell & Kiddie
                    PM's sent!...
                    Both of you guys are acting like little kids....How about you guys grow up for a change!...
                    CBPO
                    Written: 08/29/2007
                    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                      Goosell & Kiddie
                      PM's sent!...
                      Both of you guys are acting like little kids....How about you guys grow up for a change!...
                      Yoda, I can see how you come across a little harsh. Everybody here on this board is entitled to have their questions answered without being bashed on....

Comment

That's amazing. I really am shocked. I heard you run anywhere from 1.5-7 miles a day at fletc, and all the other things like push ups and stuff. How do all these people stay in shape slamming down beers like that
                        The only physical fitness you're evaluated on is the run. If you pass it at the beginning then you don't need to pass it at the end. The rest just do your best. If you are in a class like mine, where we had it together, a bad day every once in a while won't hurt. If you're in a class like some I've heard of, you'll be pushed harder, but do what you can do.
                        But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

That's amazing. I really am shocked. I heard you run anywhere from 1.5-7 miles a day at fletc, and all the other things like push ups and stuff. How do all these people stay in shape slamming down beers like that
                          Haha, 7 miles a day. Sounds like someone youve been talking to has sensationalized the p.t. program! But, even if that was the case, like was stated earlier, its participation only except for the PEB run so as long as youre trying you'll be fine. You'd be suprised, i was there in the summer, humid and 90-100 degrees all the time and i walked everywhere. Between that and the fitness programs and d.t., i dropped about 25 pounds without even trying and drinking everyday basically.

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
                            The only physical fitness you're evaluated on is the run. If you pass it at the beginning then you don't need to pass it at the end. The rest just do your best. If you are in a class like mine, where we had it together, a bad day every once in a while won't hurt. If you're in a class like some I've heard of, you'll be pushed harder, but do what you can do.
                            So how soon in the begining do you take the 1.5 mile run test? And if you fail it you could make it up in the end??

Comment

I ran well over 6 miles with one instructor.

FLETC has people there from dozens of different agencies and different programs, including advanced training. A lot of the 'party people' will not be CBP and a lot will not be new trainees.

This 'party reputation' thing is getting out of hand, IMO. Yes, there is plenty of alcohol on the base, and yes, you'll find people to drink with...if you go looking, but by far the majority of people are looking and working towards graduating, not partying.

Comment

• re-apply

I asked to chg my location they told me I will have to re-apply do I have to re-test?

I chose Washington State

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10491 users online. 390 members and 10101 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X