300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello,

Just wondering if everybody has a recruiter? I just applied online by myself. Do recruiters speed things up?

Comment

• osviusmc
      osviusmc commented
      Editing a comment
      Its the Government... get used to "hurry up and wait". I applied back in Sept 2019 and still sitting at 50%.

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      osviusmc. Lol your doing good sitting at 50% applied back in November 2018. At least with this forum we try to keep update with this long process. Sooner or later we shall know where we stand. Good Luck

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      kevoliver15 i applied online as well when I did the hiring process. Found the local recruiters email through the CBP website, and made contact asking him if there were ways to speed up the process. He linked me to the SWB DH stuff, and I reapplied for that since I was more then happy to move down south for the job. It really helped, and he was happy to help give me updates when I asked along the way. I got to meet with him when I went in for my SI which made it nice to see the person behind the email.

• A quick update...My BI cleared on 01/30/2020 and today 02/04/2020 I received the call to get drug tested.

Comment

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats sory_ann you are there.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice... Congrats sory_ann the calls is going to be this week, glue the phone to your hand....

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      Be ready to answer your phone at any moment. If you have a day job warn them you may have to suddenly walk off at any moment for an important phone call. Keep a notepad and pen on you all day as well to write down locations, and other information given to you. If you have an idea of what city you want and they offer it feel free to accept at that time, but they can give you a 24 hour deadline to call back to leave your response on a voicemail. If you go that route make sure to write down the voicemail number and ask for a repeat back so you know you got it right lol

• Hello family! I was hoping someone could shed light on how the recruiters are able to see when your file was last touched. My recruiter in Houston didn't know what I was talking about when I asked her about it lol it is the recruiters you all are asking right?
    My BI sit down was submitted back in May 2019 and I'm still waiting for it to clear.

Comment

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Most recruiters are just CBP Officers tasked with the collateral duty. Most have little to no "formal" training for the duties.

• MissAmitious
      MissAmitious commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh believe me fonzi7979 lol my case manager has called me over the phone to low key ask me to stop emailing her for my BI status since it's still with OPR.

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      I hear you I been emailing my case manager on monthly basis to see if my file had been touched also. I am still waiting to be scheduled for the polygraph exam. What announcement are you in.

• MissAmitious
      MissAmitious commented
      Editing a comment
      18-12 Direct Hire and another announcement sometime in 19-something Regular announcement.

• Message retracted

Comment

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice and good luck to you. I hope the wait for the polygraph is not much longer but who knows.

• MissAmitious
      MissAmitious commented
      Editing a comment
      Good luck to you too!! I applied for my original announcement August 2018 and was offered the poly in April 2019. I hope you get the call for the next step sooon!!

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you MissAmitious and thanks for sharing your timeline for polygraph makes me feel like I am on schedule.

• How long after taking the drug test did you recieve the green check mark? Also how long between the drug test and the offer call?

Comment

• KeepingFaith83
      KeepingFaith83 commented
      Editing a comment
      the green check mark was maybe two weeks after the drug test and the call was 2-3 weeks after that... I checked to be provisionally cleared though

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      A week for me to get green check. Then the call right after that, be ready, it can come any time now. 952 area or private number....

• NYBseBall89 I am also interested, but again, its just a matter of days! Good luck to you! What is your location? I am 18-10 and selected ERW (Newark)

Comment

• Originally posted by sory_ann View Post
      NYBseBall89 I am also interested, but again, its just a matter of days! Good luck to you! What is your location? I am 18-10 and selected ERW (Newark)
      I'm going to try to negotiate as a veteran for locations not listed. If unsuccessful I'll try for Newark.

Comment

• sory_ann
        sory_ann commented
        Editing a comment
        I hope you'll get your preferred location

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Ewr is always available sory_ann NYBseBall89 use your Vra status to get location you want bro, it's the ace card, don't accept anything else until you get that loc, you will get it....

• Hey all, wishing everyone luck in this process. 19-1 here and finally got my poly scheduled. Only thing is, I chose Jfk as my port and they scheduled my poly in Boston. Is that normal? I spoke to another person and they got theirs scheduled in NY. Any info is appreciated. Thanks

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Who knows their process... If they called you for poly, anywhere.try your best to go, don't pass on that opportunity, you may have to wait for months again.... Good luck on your poly
        Last edited by V_AntCBP; 02-05-2020, 05:51 AM.

• Rubicon
        Rubicon commented
        Editing a comment
        I picked D.C. for poly and they scheduled it in my home town, over 100 miles away. I think they're just trying to schedule people where they can to speed it up. Best of luck!

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        Chellv89 I’m in 19-2 for JFK my suggestion is to go to Boston it’s not far and I would not pass on the opportunity. I selected JKF for the poly but if they call me to take elsewhere I will go.

• Chellv89
        Chellv89 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks all for your replies. I appreciate it!

• Currently in the pre-academy, under provisional, I went to go check on my background status and the CBP mobile app said i had no applications currently in. Does anyone know why this happens?

Comment

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        They may be cleaning up the app again, or maybe your BI will be calling you to start the meeting process soon for ya.

• TsFost Lol Thanks, I appreciate it. I will for sure keep my phone on me at all times. I picked Newark and it seems like its available because it's on the current announcement. I will for sure jot down the locations offered to share it here on the forum for those interested.

Comment

• V_AntCBP hahahaha! You mean next week! Or even more lol. Tomorrow I will be taking the drug test and I know it can take sometime before "the call" Right now I am focusing on getting physically ready lol.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          lol my bad, its next week, i was so excited for you sory_ann lol me too, im little worried on the fitness at Fletc... I think once at fletc, i will do alright, its just for now, im scared, not confident because im not fit, never fit...lol

• 19-4
        Just got an email from OPR stating they needed some additional information to finish the adjudication. Wanted to know if we could use email to expedite the process. So hopefully this is the last piece of the puzzle.

Comment

• MattyjayG
          MattyjayG commented
          Editing a comment
          19-2 same situation

• Does anyone one know if Once going through all the steps they get an email saying you passed your background? I have passed every other section except background and in pre academy, Im just trying to figure out if my background cleared because it says i have no application in CASS or the mobile app.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Email your case manager to see whats going on? sometimes just system glitch...

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'd say the fact that you're still employed means that you haven't failed your background...yet.

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          EE626619 Did you elect for provisional? That may be the reason your background is still being processed. My opinion you should be fine. Always stay positive.

• "Your application is in the background phase"

I received a follow up from one of the recruiters I reached out to. I was under the impression background didn't start until you passed the polygraph. Even though I opted for non provisional do they still give the option?
        Last edited by corsair; 02-05-2020, 09:50 AM.
        CBPO 19-4 - Switched to 19-8

CASS APP-50%
        EQIP - Completed
        Medical Exam - Completed
        Structured Interview - Completed
        Fitness Test - Completed
        Polygraph - TBD

Comment

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          That’s funny I received same email from a recruiter in my area. Still waiting to be scheduled so hopefully sometime this month they start schedule for March.

• Just got approved for 20-4 GS9 CBP. Hopefully it gets the ball rolling from my 19-3

Comment

• xknuckles
          xknuckles commented
          Editing a comment
          Combined education with Leo experience. You only need a BA

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          I only have bachelor with no leo experience, only qualified gs7

• xknuckles
          xknuckles commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh whoops so yeah with Leo experience

• thelonelybum
          thelonelybum commented
          Editing a comment
          There's also a little section that reads

"A minimum of 1 year of specialized full-time work experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade level that demonstrates the ability to make rapid, accurate judgments and decisions with respect to the application of the regulations, instructions, and procedures for importing and exporting merchandise to and from the United States, or enforcement and administration of laws relating to the right of persons to enter, reside in, or depart from the United States"

If you can spin your job experience to this then you technically qualify without LEO experience

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6323 users online. 342 members and 5981 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X