Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fonzi7979
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2019

Anyone from 19-2 announcement for JFK been emailed or called for polygraph exam? Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Comment

• whitjj72
      Forum Member
      • Aug 2011

19-11 Provisional Buffalo NY Port
      Waiting on Poly, Drug & BI

Man this waiting game is so mentally exhausting haha emailed poly for an update and no response

Comment

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for sharing I am in the same boat. I know the feeling hopefully soon we shall see some more progress.
    • Shermanator
      Forum Member
      • Jan 2016

First time posting in here but I have been following for some time! I’m curious as to what are some good duty locations for CBPO? As well as advancement opportunities into various units?

Comment

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        That really depends on what you're looking for out of the job, and the type of area you want to work in. Some people love the cold, and some love the heat. Some want the mountains, and some want beaches. Then your larger ports should have specialized teams depending on the needs of those areas. SRT is awesome, and I believe you can usually apply towards it after 2 years of service.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        Depending on how one defines "good "... I'd say that larger is usually better than smaller, especially for opportunities. Having said that...picking the right smaller port might get one opportunity sooner, due to circumstances and fewer employee options.
    • Jbenz
      Forum Member
      • Nov 2013

Hey long time lurker here, received the call yesterday for final offer of employment and I missed it. Anybody know how long it usually takes for them to call you back and what hours they operate? Thank you.
      Last edited by Jbenz; 02-06-2020, 11:34 AM.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        I would glue the phone to hand even when you go to bathroom, volume max, lol, Mon to Fri, 8 to 6pm est, they called me at 530pm, they will probably call you back tomorrow.... Good luck man, what's loc you are looking to get?

• Jbenz
        Jbenz commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the reply,
        I hope so. I’m praying for Newark, NJ.

• Jbenz
        Jbenz commented
        Editing a comment
        I got the call today! NEWARK EOD 6/15 Academy 6/30 - 11/4
        Last edited by Jbenz; 02-08-2020, 08:15 AM.
    • Eann86
      Forum Member
      • Aug 2019

Hello All!! If you’re reading this, you’re here probably because the wait is a killer and this passes the time! Let me tell you one thing, nothing worth having comes easy, and it’s so worth the wait! Ok enough mushy talk, but for real!

18-11. 19 months for the whole process. Drug tested last Wednesday and I got the call yesterday!! EOD June 11th, and Academy June 26-Nov 2nd.

Comment

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats Eann86 how long did it take to get scheduled for the polygraph exam. I am trying to make sense of this process I am in 19-2 announcement and I completed my SI back in April 2019 and I am sitting at 50% completed on my CASS. If you care to share it’s greatly appreciated.
    • NYC01
      SEANYC721
      • May 2014

Hey guys i received my NOR VRA-204 a month ago. I was ineligible GS-5 due to i did not attain the overall minimum score assessments and GS-5 i did not meet the minimum education/experience. I dont know where i did a mistake, resume, education evaluation or my credentials. I do have a bachelors degree from a foreign country and im a US veteran. Can anyone here shine a light on how to do a resume? i will try to apply again for CBPO VRA 206. Since i already apply Vra205 and was turn down again was not referred.

Comment

• Dodge_Guy19-4
        Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
        Editing a comment
        https://www.cbp.gov/careers/car/cbpo-resume-aid.

I dont know what branch of service you are a Veteran of, but... Some services offer classes to help you become more employable, some larger Army installations also have fulltime OFO/BP Recruiters to help vets apply to CBP.
        Last edited by Dodge_Guy19-4; 02-06-2020, 01:15 PM.

• jcsaenz3
        jcsaenz3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Make sure to upload your transcript and highlight your resume where it says that you graduated with a bachelors degreee. Same thing happened to me a while back i didnt get accepted until i uploaded my transcript.

• 210CBPO
        210CBPO commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you pass the entrance exam? "Assessments" sounds like maybe it was the entrance exam. Did you score higher than 70?
    • thelonelybum
      Forum Member
      • Aug 2018

Just scored Olympic tickets for Japan 2020 and now I'm hoping it continues to take a long time before they get back to me.

Comment

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats you should be fine.

• PA_Ed
        PA_Ed commented
        Editing a comment
        You can kiss your career in Law Enforcement goodbye after you're diagnosed with the Coronavirus.....

• thelonelybum
        thelonelybum commented
        Editing a comment
        people have survived the Corona, just add a lime.
    • SmokeScreen07
      Forum Member
      • Jan 2019

So today I got the hiring call!!!. I picked JFK, I EOD August 28th, 2020. Then FLECT from September 14, 2020 - January 26, 2021.

MattCBP

Comment

• MattCBP
        MattCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Congratulations !!

• SmokeScreen07
        SmokeScreen07 commented
        Editing a comment
        corsair Yea, they're coming slowly, also remember I traveled over 4hrs out of state to take mine.

fonzi7979 Thank you

V_AntCBP Thank you, I can't wait

MattCBP Thank you

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s great once polygraph has been completed you are moving quickly. Good luck to you and hope to see you at JFK one day.

• SmokeScreen07
        SmokeScreen07 commented
        Editing a comment
        fonzi7979 Thank you, yea its moving quickly, I got assigned a background investigator 2 days ago, and just met with them today. That would be pretty cool, I hope to see some of you at JFK too.
    • SAS-CBPO
      Forum Member
      • Dec 2019

I took my drug test today. I really can't make sense of the whole process. I took my polygraph retake on Jan 28; I saw my Cass was green on Saturday. I got my emailed to schedule my DT yesterday. I am not complaining just noting that after a 9 week wait for a decision from QC, it is really moving now. I guess everybody is different. Good luck all!

Applied March 2019
      19-5 GS9 VRA DH Newark, NJ
      CASS 63%

SI March 2019
      Medical March 2019
      Physical June 2019
      BI started July 2019 (pulled credit report) pending
      Polygraph Nov 14 2019
      Polygraph #2 Jan 28 2020 Cleared CASS on Feb 1, 2020
      Drug Test Feb 6, 2020
      Final offer Pending
      Last edited by SAS-CBPO; 02-06-2020, 04:51 PM.

Comment

• Kevin1234
        Forum Member
        • Jul 2017

I JUST LOGGED INTO MY CASS & IT SAYS THERE IS NO APPLICATION. What does this mean? I'm Provisional and was just checking to see if my BI was completed. But my entire application tracker is gone !!! I was at 88%

Comment

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow that’s something new I heard. Maybe glitch or updating.
      • Kevin1234
        Forum Member
        • Jul 2017

I'm already EOD I already have my Government ID. I already Started Training and I leave for academy next week. I'm already on payroll at my Duty Location. I cant understand how my profile just disappeared like I never applied. But I last checked like 2 days ago and I was 88% awaiting my BI.

Comment

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll guess since that you have already EOD'd that there is no reason to continue with your CASS profile.

As long as you stay employed you'll know you haven't yet failed your background. If you go to academy graduation and find out that they pull your gun and creds right after the ceremony...well, then you'll know that your background is still pending resolution.
      • Eann86
        Forum Member
        • Aug 2019

fonzi7979 Yeah the making sense part, most of the time it really doesn’t make any. But here is my timeline.

8.4.18- Entrance Exam
        8.8.18- Notice of passing exam
        8.28.18- Background Investigation packet notice to submit
        8.30.18- Notice of Medical exam schedule
        9.6.18- Notice of Fitness test scheduled
        9.19.18- notice of Structured interview scheduled
        4.19.19- Notice of Polygraph scheduled
        5.17.19- Polygraph
        7.10.19- Interview with BI
        1.27.20- Drug test call/ Background cleared in CASS
        1.28.20- Drug test
        2.5.20- Final Offer

Hang in there!!

Comment

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          Eann86 thank you for sharing your a gentleman good luck to you at the Academy and so forth. Be safe.
      • Kevin1234
        Forum Member
        • Jul 2017

merlin436 That's a messed up way to find out tho !!! Smh :-(

Comment

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          Have you talked to your FTOs and your management?

I'm betting that somebody local gets notified if you successfully clear the BI. Maybe you can get an email as a heads-up.
      • NYBseBall89
        Forum Member
        • Aug 2009

Just got the call!!! Guess what I got? Military hold! Due to an upcoming deployment lol I understand it, but I wish I could get a location and dates to relieve that anxiety lol Still happy that I completed the process. I just need to call when en route back to reactivate and get a date.

Comment

• jdop7
          Forum Member
          • Aug 2018

19-1 DH. Just found out that my BI is green on Cass! After the NOPA I was really concerned but thank goodness it cleared! Now to wait for the drug test!

Comment

• TsFost
            TsFost commented
            Editing a comment
            congrats. be glued to the phone and have a notepad/pen ready to write stuff down

• cstephensiv
            cstephensiv commented
            Editing a comment
            jdop7 What was the NOPA for if you don't saying? Still waiting on my BI to clear almost three months in and nothing but crickets so far.

• jdop7
            jdop7 commented
            Editing a comment
            TsFost thanks for the advice! cstephensiv NOPA was for financial stuff from years ago that was already cleared up even before I thought about applying for law enforcement. I met with my investigator in late August and got the NOPA in early December. Your BI should clear soon. Crickets are better than a NOPA!!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17396 users online. 43 members and 17353 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...