Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unfortunately I didnt know when I would be going to fletc and now my start date is toon soon to make up the amount of time I would need to. Thanks anyway for the reply!

Comment

• So i “took” my poly today. Didn’t even get to get hooked up because the person had to talk to his superiors to see if i am a good candidate. Has this happened to anyone ?

Comment

• jeliquin85
        jeliquin85 commented
        Editing a comment
        So i was asked all the questions before hand so when i was hooked up i wouldn’t be taken by surprise. After answering the questions he didn’t proceed because he had to clear it with the supervisors.

• DrigoCBP
        DrigoCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea only thing i can think of is you admitted to something that may have disqualified you . Again i dont know the details since i wasnt there but thats what it seems like. When i took mine, i tried not to overthink the questions.

• jeliquin85
        jeliquin85 commented
        Editing a comment
        I mean i was just honest. Either way it would of came out when being hooked up. I was just thrown off i guess.

• rmpee
        rmpee commented
        Editing a comment
        There must have been something there that was disqualifying

• Do we need a backpack, notebooks, pens, pencils etc for classes?

Comment

• fort1978
        fort1978 commented
        Editing a comment
        Talonderiel do they provide an Ipad or are the books for an Ipad.....and if they are what happens if you dont own or bring an ipad? And what do you mean by 2 writing device?

• ES90
        ES90 commented
        Editing a comment
        iPad is issued to you.

• invertedPanda
        invertedPanda commented
        Editing a comment
        You'll be issued a backpack that you take everywhere (it's actually a nice pack). You'll be given a pencil, highlighter, pen and notepad the first day. You'll go through the pen and pad quick if you're a note taker. You can buy those supplies at fletc express or on a target/walmart outing. Only thing you need for your first day of class is your ID and it wouldn't hurt to bring your FLETC folder they give you at check in.

• Talonderiel
        Talonderiel commented
        Editing a comment
        V_AntCBP and fort1978 as everyone has said, the ipad is issued to you. There is very little you need to initial bring (civilian clothes, dress shirt/slacks.tie/belt for the first day, and undershirts) as everything you wear daily is issued to you.

You can go out in town for the rest as needed, buy small things at the FLETC Express (convenient store style mini-shop) or have it delivered to your assigned mailbox at the post office (limited hours m-f and closed on weekends/holidays).

• Hello everyone, Announcement 19-13 here.

Applied: 12/26/2018

NOR: 3/23/2019

Medical: 3/01/2919 completed✔️

Fitness: 3/13/19 completed✔️

Structure interview: 3/13/19 completed✔️

Polygraph: 5/11/2019 completed ✔️

Met with Background investigator: 5/28 ✔️

BI told me he submitted my BI 6/10✔️

Background investigation: Completed 12/20✔️

Drug test: I got the called 01/22 and went to take 01/24

Final offer: Pending ( Wating on the call)

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats Fog682 the call should be anytime now, which location are you looking to get?
        Last edited by V_AntCBP; 02-01-2020, 05:16 AM.

• Bklynchyca
        Bklynchyca commented
        Editing a comment
        congrats. you are at the end now.

• NYBseBall89
        NYBseBall89 commented
        Editing a comment
        Just did my drug test on Thursday. Also got emailed for a medical follow up because the process took so long. Can't wait to actually get an offer hopefully next week!

• https://forums.delphiforums.com/customsinspect

Much easier forum to answer exactly what your question is. Everything is provided for you here with the exception of black polishable boots, at lease until around month 2 so invest in a comfortable pair. Under armor has a pretty inexpensive, shineable and comfortable boot. I order stuff from amazon weekly so you can for sure get mail. They will give you an address and your class is responsible for picking it up. I usually just go get my own stuff. The best advise I can give is if you’re not in shape before coming, use the 4 damn months to your advantage. If you fail that last PT test and go home a week before you graduate, it’s your own damn fault.

Comment

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        I wish I knew cstephensiv I completed my SI in April 2019 only because of the shutdown in 2018 which is understood. It can be my location being JFK but still doesn’t make sense either. Hopefully the waiting will payoff. Good luck to you.

• The WAIT is soooo REAL!!!!!! 19-4 and still waiting on BI to clear....

Comment

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        It is I am in 19-2 and still waiting to be scheduled for the polygraph exam.

• cstephensiv
        cstephensiv commented
        Editing a comment
        fonzi7979 I seriously dont understand the process and how one in an earlier announcement would be further behind in the process than someone that applied more recently. There has to be a method to the madness... My wife and I both applied to the same announcement, took the test ,fit and medical all at the same time and she is still waiting for a poly too..
        Last edited by cstephensiv; 02-01-2020, 04:15 PM.

• Breakdown of my process

19-3 GS9 Miami, FL

12/30/18: Applied
      2/9/19: NOR (delayed due to Gov’t shutdown)
      2/26/19: SI - passed (Fingerprints obtained)
      3/4/19: Medical - (additional test requested later on)
      3/11/19: Fitness - passed
      5/4/19: Medical - additional medical documents test requested due date 6/4/19
      5/30/19: Medical - additional sent Express Mail - received 5/31/19
      6/6/19: e-QIP Rejected - clarification needed
      6/8/19: e-QIP Submitted
      6/12/19: Medical - email notification of packet received
      8/1/19: Case manager reassigned
      8/12/19: Medical - passed
      10/9/19: Poly scheduled
      11/5/19: Poly - verbal - “collected good data today” - neither pass or failed
      11/12/19: Poly - passed
      11/15/19: Case manager reassigned
      11/15/19: recertify e-QIP - update - (due date 11/20/19)
      11/19/19: e-QIP submitted
      11/20/19: Fingerprint packet mailed - due date 11/30/19
      11/22/19: Fingerprint packet received. Must use fingerprint cards provided (2 fingerprint cards included). Must find local police department or vendor who does ink fingerprints
      11/25/19: Fingerprints done by local vendor & sent via Express Mail to CBP Hiring Center
      11/26/19: Fingerprints received by CBP Hiring Center
      12/17/19: BI investigator called to schedule interview
      12/19/19: Met with BI investigator
      12/20/19: BI investigator came to my employment to interview co-workers
      12/23/19: BI investigator returned to my employment to interview my employer
      1/3/20: 2nd BI investigator contacted me to get additional information to interview supervisor and co-workers from previous employer (LEO)
      1/10/20: 2nd BI investigator interviews listed reference
      1/13/20: 2nd BI investigator interviews former co-worker/friend
      1/17/20: BI investigator contacts my spouse to confirm information from e-QIP
      1/29/20: Email CBP Recruiting on status of BI (BI investigator recommended to call/email on status of BI at the end of January 2020)
      1/30/20: CBP Recruiting response - BI pending NAC (National Agency Check). Last touched 1/22/20
      1/30/20: BI in process
      DT: in process
      Final offer: pending

Last edited by Manonfire6666; 02-02-2020, 11:27 AM.

Comment

• cstephensiv

https://www.cbp.gov/careers/frontlin...cbpo/recruiter

Comment

• Hello Everyone.

Does anyone have experience applying to both CBP and BPA at the same time? If so, what should I expect if I decide to apply for BPA (I'm currently in the process for CBP)? Would they use any of my CBP scores/results and transfer them over to BPA? Would I need to start completely over for BPA? Would applying for a BPA help speed up the process to get hired. I dont mind working as either one.

Thank you in advance for any and all help! Feel free to PM as well.

Comment

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          Most of the processes run separately within each position. A handful will transfer over.

Speeding up the process?...maybe. There are very few absolutes in CBP proper.

• jcsaenz3
          jcsaenz3 commented
          Editing a comment
          Really depends on where you are at. Im currently in the BPA process, pending adjudication. (63 %) I decided to apply for CBPO this past week. I know that entrance exam scores dont transfer over so you would have to take a separate BPA exam. You would have to attend a structured interview. I've heard that in most cases both medical and physical transfer over. Also if you have taken and passed your polygraph they also transfer over with your BI as well.

• TsFost
          TsFost commented
          Editing a comment
          I applied to both back in July 2019. Some things are shared between the two, but the biggies like SI, and PFT are separate. I'm not sure if applying to both helped, but I didn't know which I wanted to go with until a good while later. Received offers on both. BP had a 2 month wait on EOD whereas CBPO was about 5 months at the time. Chose CBPO and just prepping until EOD

• Tjwright95
          Tjwright95 commented
          Editing a comment
          Sweet, thank you guys!!

• Anyone else in this chat starting at their port for pre-academy on Friday?

Comment

• Lapantoja11
          Lapantoja11 commented
          Editing a comment
          I start next friday, class 523

• @ 19-2 applicants for JFK just curious if anyone has received email or call to be scheduled for the polygraph exam. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Comment

• Good news!

I just got an e-mail from my local recruiter saying he pushed my file up for someone to review it and if I don't hear back within a month for my polygraph to contact him back.
          CBPO 19-2 Regular Announcement
          @ 50%

Applied: 11/2018
          NOR: 12/2018
          Tentative Selection for GS-5: 12/2018
          Turned in EQIP: 02/2019
          SI: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
          Medical: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
          PFT-1: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
          Resubmit EQIP: 03/2019
          EQIP Sent To OPR: 03/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
          Polygraph: TBA
          Background Investigation: TBA
          Drug Test: TBA
          Final Offer: TBA

Comment

• TsFost
            TsFost commented
            Editing a comment
            Recruiters are great. Mine helped me out whenever I felt there was a slow down.

• fonzi7979
            fonzi7979 commented
            Editing a comment
            That’s great I only been waiting 30 days to hear back I guess sometimes we need to be patient.

• corsair
            corsair commented
            Editing a comment
            I just sent an email to the recruiter so fingers crossed. I wasn’t sure who to email since NJ is split North/South.

Fonzi I think I emailed the same person as I received the automatic out of office email.
            Last edited by corsair; 02-03-2020, 04:22 PM.

• fonzi7979
            fonzi7979 commented
            Editing a comment
            corsair probably is. We shall see what happens in the next few weeks.

• 42 work days since adjudication started, emailed the person handling my area for an update to see if they touched my file again so I'm waiting on a response but, I know that its been 17 work days since they last touched my file from another recruiter.

The waiting game is no joke...

Comment

• thelonelybum
            thelonelybum commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm an 18-3 applicant lol 2 years in already since I applied

• fonzi7979
            fonzi7979 commented
            Editing a comment
            I feel you I’m in 19-2 waiting already 10 months after completing SI and still no sign of polygraph exam. You will get there. I’m in the same boat slow and steady.

• Nousername1
            Nousername1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Im 18-6 24 months in the process next month.

• OKCsparrow
            OKCsparrow commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm 18-3 as well. And I had my background submitted for adjudication last July. July 15th to be exact.

• Oh my we are all in this long process. It’s amazing to see so many applicants that recently applied from 19-7 and on from reading through the forum they are running through it quickly. I guess it is what it is.

Comment

• corsair
            corsair commented
            Editing a comment
            They should probably make it a little more challenging to get through if they're this backed up.

• fonzi7979
            fonzi7979 commented
            Editing a comment
            As soon as the SI was completed many of us in the process hit the wall. 6 months to a year wait to be scheduled for the polygraph. Most of us have completed 6 months and are coming up to the 1 year mark. So let’s see. Patience is a virtue like they say.

• corsair
            corsair commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah but I think once they hit "X" amount of people they shouldn't have any openings for "Y" years. Its the same thing with Port Authority which seems to be every 2-3 years or NJSP which is yearly.

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            OFO almost always has a need to hire hundreds, if not thousands, of new CBP Officer.

• Got some info from a recruiter which is nice. Unlike the generic we'll get back to you. There's some light at the end of the tunnel.
          Last edited by thelonelybum; 02-04-2020, 10:45 AM.

Comment

• fonzi7979
            fonzi7979 commented
            Editing a comment
            That’s nice and you have a contact number for the recruiter. He will be able to provide you some concrete information. I am not at your stage but I am on your pace. I do not know what to say but hang in there you will get through it.

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'll bet B.W. is going to be real appreciative of having his contact info on an open board when all those call roll into him at work from people outside his area of responsibility.

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            merlin436 hes going to request a number change real soon since he will be getting hundreds of calls and voicemail .... lol

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            https://www.cbp.gov/contact/ports/sa...alifornia-2835

It's actually the main line for the port of Sacramento. No doubt that the port will be thrilled as well with the additional phone traffic.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8060 users online. 432 members and 7628 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X