X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breakdown of my process

19-3 GS9 Miami, FL

12/30/18: Applied
    2/9/19: NOR (delayed due to Gov’t shutdown)
    2/26/19: SI - passed (Fingerprints obtained)
    3/4/19: Medical - (additional test requested later on)
    3/11/19: Fitness - passed
    5/4/19: Medical - additional medical documents test requested due date 6/4/19
    5/30/19: Medical - additional sent Express Mail - received 5/31/19
    6/6/19: e-QIP Rejected - clarification needed
    6/8/19: e-QIP Submitted
    6/12/19: Medical - email notification of packet received
    8/1/19: Case manager reassigned
    8/12/19: Medical - passed
    10/9/19: Poly scheduled
    11/5/19: Poly - verbal - “collected good data today” - neither pass or failed
    11/12/19: Poly - passed
    11/15/19: Case manager reassigned
    11/15/19: recertify e-QIP - update - (due date 11/20/19)
    11/19/19: e-QIP submitted
    11/20/19: Fingerprint packet mailed - due date 11/30/19
    11/22/19: Fingerprint packet received. Must use fingerprint cards provided (2 fingerprint cards included). Must find local police department or vendor who does ink fingerprints
    11/25/19: Fingerprints done by local vendor & sent via Express Mail to CBP Hiring Center
    11/26/19: Fingerprints received by CBP Hiring Center
    12/17/19: BI investigator called to schedule interview
    12/19/19: Met with BI investigator
    12/20/19: BI investigator came to my employment to interview co-workers
    12/23/19: BI investigator returned to my employment to interview my employer
    1/3/20: 2nd BI investigator contacted me to get additional information to interview supervisor and co-workers from previous employer (LEO)
    1/10/20: 2nd BI investigator interviews listed reference
    1/13/20: 2nd BI investigator interviews former co-worker/friend
    1/17/20: BI investigator contacts my spouse to confirm information from e-QIP
    1/29/20: Email CBP Recruiting on status of BI (BI investigator recommended to call/email on status of BI at the end of January 2020)
    1/30/20: CBP Recruiting response - BI pending NAC (National Agency Check). Last touched 1/22/20
    1/30/20: BI in process
    DT: in process
    Final offer: pending

Last edited by Manonfire6666; 02-02-2020, 12:27 PM.

Comment

• cstephensiv

https://www.cbp.gov/careers/frontlin...cbpo/recruiter

Comment

• Hello Everyone.

Does anyone have experience applying to both CBP and BPA at the same time? If so, what should I expect if I decide to apply for BPA (I'm currently in the process for CBP)? Would they use any of my CBP scores/results and transfer them over to BPA? Would I need to start completely over for BPA? Would applying for a BPA help speed up the process to get hired. I dont mind working as either one.

Thank you in advance for any and all help! Feel free to PM as well.

Comment

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        Most of the processes run separately within each position. A handful will transfer over.

Speeding up the process?...maybe. There are very few absolutes in CBP proper.

• jcsaenz3
        jcsaenz3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Really depends on where you are at. Im currently in the BPA process, pending adjudication. (63 %) I decided to apply for CBPO this past week. I know that entrance exam scores dont transfer over so you would have to take a separate BPA exam. You would have to attend a structured interview. I've heard that in most cases both medical and physical transfer over. Also if you have taken and passed your polygraph they also transfer over with your BI as well.

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        I applied to both back in July 2019. Some things are shared between the two, but the biggies like SI, and PFT are separate. I'm not sure if applying to both helped, but I didn't know which I wanted to go with until a good while later. Received offers on both. BP had a 2 month wait on EOD whereas CBPO was about 5 months at the time. Chose CBPO and just prepping until EOD

• Tjwright95
        Tjwright95 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sweet, thank you guys!!

• Anyone else in this chat starting at their port for pre-academy on Friday?

Comment

• Lapantoja11
        Lapantoja11 commented
        Editing a comment
        I start next friday, class 523

• @ 19-2 applicants for JFK just curious if anyone has received email or call to be scheduled for the polygraph exam. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Comment

• Good news!

I just got an e-mail from my local recruiter saying he pushed my file up for someone to review it and if I don't hear back within a month for my polygraph to contact him back.

Comment

• TsFost
          TsFost commented
          Editing a comment
          Recruiters are great. Mine helped me out whenever I felt there was a slow down.

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          That’s great I only been waiting 30 days to hear back I guess sometimes we need to be patient.

• corsair
          corsair commented
          Editing a comment
          I just sent an email to the recruiter so fingers crossed. I wasn’t sure who to email since NJ is split North/South.

Fonzi I think I emailed the same person as I received the automatic out of office email.
          Last edited by corsair; 02-03-2020, 05:22 PM.

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          corsair probably is. We shall see what happens in the next few weeks.

• 42 work days since adjudication started, emailed the person handling my area for an update to see if they touched my file again so I'm waiting on a response but, I know that its been 17 work days since they last touched my file from another recruiter.

The waiting game is no joke...

Comment

• thelonelybum
          thelonelybum commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm an 18-3 applicant lol 2 years in already since I applied

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          I feel you I’m in 19-2 waiting already 10 months after completing SI and still no sign of polygraph exam. You will get there. I’m in the same boat slow and steady.

• Nousername1
          Nousername1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Im 18-6 24 months in the process next month.

• OKCsparrow
          OKCsparrow commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm 18-3 as well. And I had my background submitted for adjudication last July. July 15th to be exact.

• Oh my we are all in this long process. It’s amazing to see so many applicants that recently applied from 19-7 and on from reading through the forum they are running through it quickly. I guess it is what it is.

Comment

• corsair
          corsair commented
          Editing a comment
          They should probably make it a little more challenging to get through if they're this backed up.

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          As soon as the SI was completed many of us in the process hit the wall. 6 months to a year wait to be scheduled for the polygraph. Most of us have completed 6 months and are coming up to the 1 year mark. So let’s see. Patience is a virtue like they say.

• corsair
          corsair commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah but I think once they hit "X" amount of people they shouldn't have any openings for "Y" years. Its the same thing with Port Authority which seems to be every 2-3 years or NJSP which is yearly.

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          OFO almost always has a need to hire hundreds, if not thousands, of new CBP Officer.

• Got some info from a recruiter which is nice. Unlike the generic we'll get back to you. There's some light at the end of the tunnel.
        Last edited by thelonelybum; 02-04-2020, 11:45 AM.

Comment

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          That’s nice and you have a contact number for the recruiter. He will be able to provide you some concrete information. I am not at your stage but I am on your pace. I do not know what to say but hang in there you will get through it.

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll bet B.W. is going to be real appreciative of having his contact info on an open board when all those call roll into him at work from people outside his area of responsibility.

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          merlin436 hes going to request a number change real soon since he will be getting hundreds of calls and voicemail .... lol

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          https://www.cbp.gov/contact/ports/sa...alifornia-2835

It's actually the main line for the port of Sacramento. No doubt that the port will be thrilled as well with the additional phone traffic.

• For the folks in the pipeline now I've been through what you are going through last year alot of yall need to be patient your time will come when its supposed to come.

Comment

• Hello,

Just wondering if everybody has a recruiter? I just applied online by myself. Do recruiters speed things up?

Comment

• osviusmc
            osviusmc commented
            Editing a comment
            Its the Government... get used to "hurry up and wait". I applied back in Sept 2019 and still sitting at 50%.

• fonzi7979
            fonzi7979 commented
            Editing a comment
            osviusmc. Lol your doing good sitting at 50% applied back in November 2018. At least with this forum we try to keep update with this long process. Sooner or later we shall know where we stand. Good Luck

• TsFost
            TsFost commented
            Editing a comment
            kevoliver15 i applied online as well when I did the hiring process. Found the local recruiters email through the CBP website, and made contact asking him if there were ways to speed up the process. He linked me to the SWB DH stuff, and I reapplied for that since I was more then happy to move down south for the job. It really helped, and he was happy to help give me updates when I asked along the way. I got to meet with him when I went in for my SI which made it nice to see the person behind the email.

• A quick update...My BI cleared on 01/30/2020 and today 02/04/2020 I received the call to get drug tested.

Comment

• fonzi7979
            fonzi7979 commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats sory_ann you are there.

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice... Congrats sory_ann the calls is going to be this week, glue the phone to your hand....

• TsFost
            TsFost commented
            Editing a comment
            Be ready to answer your phone at any moment. If you have a day job warn them you may have to suddenly walk off at any moment for an important phone call. Keep a notepad and pen on you all day as well to write down locations, and other information given to you. If you have an idea of what city you want and they offer it feel free to accept at that time, but they can give you a 24 hour deadline to call back to leave your response on a voicemail. If you go that route make sure to write down the voicemail number and ask for a repeat back so you know you got it right lol

• Hello family! I was hoping someone could shed light on how the recruiters are able to see when your file was last touched. My recruiter in Houston didn't know what I was talking about when I asked her about it lol it is the recruiters you all are asking right?
          My BI sit down was submitted back in May 2019 and I'm still waiting for it to clear.

Comment

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            Most recruiters are just CBP Officers tasked with the collateral duty. Most have little to no "formal" training for the duties.

• MissAmitious
            MissAmitious commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh believe me fonzi7979 lol my case manager has called me over the phone to low key ask me to stop emailing her for my BI status since it's still with OPR.

• fonzi7979
            fonzi7979 commented
            Editing a comment
            I hear you I been emailing my case manager on monthly basis to see if my file had been touched also. I am still waiting to be scheduled for the polygraph exam. What announcement are you in.

• MissAmitious
            MissAmitious commented
            Editing a comment
            18-12 Direct Hire and another announcement sometime in 19-something Regular announcement.

• Message retracted

Comment

• fonzi7979
            fonzi7979 commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice and good luck to you. I hope the wait for the polygraph is not much longer but who knows.

• MissAmitious
            MissAmitious commented
            Editing a comment
            Good luck to you too!! I applied for my original announcement August 2018 and was offered the poly in April 2019. I hope you get the call for the next step sooon!!

• fonzi7979
            fonzi7979 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you MissAmitious and thanks for sharing your timeline for polygraph makes me feel like I am on schedule.

• How long after taking the drug test did you recieve the green check mark? Also how long between the drug test and the offer call?

Comment

• KeepingFaith83
            KeepingFaith83 commented
            Editing a comment
            the green check mark was maybe two weeks after the drug test and the call was 2-3 weeks after that... I checked to be provisionally cleared though

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            A week for me to get green check. Then the call right after that, be ready, it can come any time now. 952 area or private number....

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5782 users online. 324 members and 5458 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Yesterday.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X