Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBPO.BPJ Its just the unknown. Going into something and not having many details about what academy is like. When we get some info we are just told we will be fine. Not that others aren't giving good info just wishing CBP/fletc had a better handbook about what to expect and daily life as some of us are leaving family and kids/newborns behind for this unknown 4 months of training. I am sure once we all get there we will be just fine and that we were worrying about the little things.

Everyone that has given info and congratulations, I appreciate it.

Also, im glad to see other females out there applying and getting into CBP/FLETC!

Comment

• invertedPanda
      invertedPanda commented
      Editing a comment
      What would you like to know about the academy?

• xknuckles I reapplied and everything that I finished already (poly, drug, physical, written test etc..) transfered over to new application. It made the process much quicker. If you don't get accepted they will just say GS5 instead of gs9 and you keep most recent application. But if you have been sitting at another application and it wasn't moving then you will want to keep recent one as in my case it made things move quicker.

Also, I got offered many other places and I said I only wanted one port or wasn't going to take the job. He said he had to list all the ports available then I could tell him what one I wanted. He never mention one I wanted and when I mentioned it he said I could have it even though it wasn't on list of available ports when I applied but it was on later job postings.

Comment

• xknuckles
      xknuckles commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! I reapplied because of you, the wording on the application made me unsure if I was going to lose my GS5 hire. Good luck!

• Status update for my 18-6 application. 67 weeks after last meeting with the background investigator and CASS still at 63%. I find it hard to believe that its taking this long for a determination. :'(

Comment

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol just another example of how ridiculous this process is

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      You can say that again. corsair did you get scheduled for your polygraph exam.

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      Sadly no but than again every day I wait it puts me one day closer so either way I look at it - its going to happen I just don't know when.

1 Year 2 Days 21 Hrs since I applied
      323 Days 2 Hrs since I passed SI

• Nousername1 same here! Met with Investigator in September 2019 and still at 63%..

Comment

• Wow... I'm kind of speechless. I met with my BI in December and got the call for my drug test today. The portal also shows that my background is completed which is a shocking surprise. I expected to wait months just like all of you did.

Comment

• NYBseBall89
      NYBseBall89 commented
      Editing a comment
      fonzi7979 I'm 18-8. Thank you to you both.

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Your welcome NYBseBall89 may I ask how long after you completed your SI did you get scheduled for the polygraph exam. I am currently in 19-2 and still waiting to be scheduled. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

• NYBseBall89
      NYBseBall89 commented
      Editing a comment
      Almost 1 year from SI to Poly... I did my poly in Manhattan, NY.

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for sharing that with me so I guess I am on schedule with the timeframe. Good luck to you with the rest of the process.

• So does anyone know...is or can the BI happen before an applicant takes the Poly? Has anyone’s BI been complete prior to completing Poly?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      they won't start BI before you pass poly...

• Does anyone recall ever seeing an announcement for CBPO for Austin Airport in Texas?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      I checked announcement almost every month, I don't think I've seen Austin...

• 18-11 here. Good news for me (yesterday). I got called for my drug test! I hadn't hear anything about my background, no email or call... just a call to take my drug test. Checked my CASS, and sure enough it had a green check mark. Just hit my 18 month mark, and met with BI Inv. back in July and didn't hear a peep. Took my drug test today. Fingers crossed the next step doesn't take tooo long. Hang in there everyone!

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats Eann86 the call won't be far... work on a list of locations you are interested...

• Eann86
      Eann86 commented
      Editing a comment
      V_AntCBP Thank you!! I'm really praying for El Paso or Santa Teresa.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Teresa was offered to me by bpa. Cbpo did not offer me that loc

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      Eann86 El Paso was offered to me for CBPO for a gs9 application so never hurts to ask if they don't mention it first off. They are gonna give you a list of locations that are in need of officers first over those that don't.

• So today I received the call to schedule my drug test (scheduled for tomorrow), I'm assuming I received the per-clearance, because I was never assigned nor have I've never met with a background investigator. Listed below is my current timeline.

CBPO 18-13 (Regular)
    9/04/2018 – Applied
    9/17/2018 – Entrance Exam
    9/20/2018 – Exam Notice of Results (Passed)
    9/26/2018 – Tentative selection letter (GS - 7)
    10/03/2018 – e-QIP requested
    10/08/2018 – e-QIP submitted
    10/16/2018 – Medical Exam
    10/16/2018 – PFT-1 (Passed)
    11/08/2018 – Structured Interview & Fingerprints
    11/09/2018 – Structured Interview Results (Passed)
    12/10/2018 – Assigned a new Case Manager
    2/28/2019 – e-QIP Rejected (for corrections)
    2/28/2019 – e-QIP Corrected & resubmitted
    3/18/2019 – e-QIP Released to OPR
    3/19/2019 – Assigned a new Case Manager
    3/25/2019 – Request for Additional Medical Information (Med Review)
    4/04/2019 – Emailed Additional Medical Information
    4/04/2019 – Email receipt for Additional Medical Information received
    8/20/2019 – Medical (Passed)
    1/09/2019 – Polygraph
    1/15/2020 – Polygraph Results (Passed)
    1/17/2020 – Assigned a new Case Manager
    1/17/2020 – Request to recertify e-QIP
    1/17/2020 – e-QIP Recertified and Submitted
    1/21/2020 – e-QIP Released to OPR
    1/30/2020 – Drug Test

Comment

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea that's the provisional. Once you get the final call make sure to answer any and all phone calls after that because your BI will call you randomly at some point to get the ball rolling.

• SmokeScreen07
      SmokeScreen07 commented
      Editing a comment
      TsFost Thanks for the heads up. Since I've started this process I've answered any call that comes in.

• MattCBP
      MattCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      You receive call yet since you taken your drug test ? SmokeScreen07

• Has anyone here applied for a regular announcement and was eligible for VRA as well? I didn't know about VRA when I first applied, but I did apply for VRA this September and was selected. When it popped up in the application status portal it was there for about 3 days and then it disappeared I'm assuming because they saw both applications. I'm wondering if I can use that application to better my selection opportunities.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Doesn't matter if they took it off, it's still on file, they took my applications off but still mentioned them during the call....you still legible for consideration....

• NYBseBall89
      NYBseBall89 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks brother I really hope so!

• Congrats to those getting good news.
    Last edited by spd2008; 01-29-2020, 04:31 PM.

Comment

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds plausible to likely.

• Nousername1
      Nousername1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Might be a issue five years later when you recertify equip and meet background investigator, assuming you get the job.

• Originally posted by AmandaLynne4282 View Post
    CBPO.BPJ Its just the unknown. Going into something and not having many details about what academy is like. When we get some info we are just told we will be fine. Not that others aren't giving good info just wishing CBP/fletc had a better handbook about what to expect and daily life as some of us are leaving family and kids/newborns behind for this unknown 4 months of training. I am sure once we all get there we will be just fine and that we were worrying about the little things.

Everyone that has given info and congratulations, I appreciate it.

Also, im glad to see other females out there applying and getting into CBP/FLETC!
    Has anyone gone onto the website for FLETC? It's very informative about the facility and amenities onsite. I think if you call down and ask questions they would be more than happy to give answers. I think I remember seeing what they serve you breakfast lunch and dinner.

Comment

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      If you go on Flect website there is a handbook you can download and it is pretty thorough.

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      The FLETC app is good once you're there for that food menu lol. Lets you plan which line you want to get in ahead of time. Pro tip for anyone that hasn't gone to FLETC. There looks like there are only two lines for food. There are 4 lines so for the love of god feel free to use them

• ChrisQuirolo
      ChrisQuirolo commented
      Editing a comment
      HAHA. Yea lunch & dinner can be quite chaotic!!

• delete............................................ .........
    Last edited by Greg00; 01-29-2020, 05:50 PM. Reason: found answer

Comment

• Guys, today I received an email from the Personnel Security Division, OPR, that I was found SUITABLE for employment with CBP. Words cannot describe how I feel!!! Only GOD knows....I am an immigrant who came to America with NOTHING, but legally lol (didn't spoke one word in English), and worked my way up the hard way, working two jobs and going to school (earned a Bachelor's and a Master's) while raising a kid....but again, this is the reason why I came to the U.S and since day one I always felt blessed to have that opportunity and every day I say THANKS for being here. Hard work and determination is the key to success. God bless us all!

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats.... Told you be patient... It will come... Sounds like you described me.... Lol. Now work on a list of locations... 10 15 choices... And if you can eod July something, we might be in the same class.... Lol, congrats again

• Anthropologist
        Anthropologist commented
        Editing a comment
        Congratulations!

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        sory_ann congratulations you deserve it. Keep us posted it gives us all hope to completing this long process.

• thelonelybum
        thelonelybum commented
        Editing a comment
        congrats! hopefully I'm right behind you

• How long does it take to get the polygraph results? Is it via email or do i just keep checking cass ?

Comment

• DrigoCBP
        DrigoCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        V_AntCBP I took it yesterday. I feel good about it and got the verbal pass but possibility of continuation so im anxious to know already.

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        DrigoCBP i feel you man, i was feeling the same waiting for result... I bet you get result this Fri or early next week man, and Cass update right after that...

• DrigoCBP
        DrigoCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        V_AntCBP Yea hopefully i get the results quick.. guess i gotta keep myself busy to not think about it too much lol. Thanks bro ! You’re always quick to help.

• Rubicon
        Rubicon commented
        Editing a comment
        I was notified 10 days after mine with a retest date. I thought I failed it, I felt so crazy during it.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8016 users online. 422 members and 7594 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X