Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 19-2 Report date June 22, FLETC date July 6 ,Miami... anyone else with the same dates?

Comment

• KeepingFaith83
      KeepingFaith83 commented
      Editing a comment
      I applied direct hire... I'm going in as a GS9. I applied October 2018 and I'm a female lol

• KeepingFaith83
      KeepingFaith83 commented
      Editing a comment
      MattyjayG why would I have explaining to do if you're 19-2 and Miami too?

• MattyjayG
      MattyjayG commented
      Editing a comment
      KeepingFaith83 that was not directed towards you. I am aware we are in the same 19-2 V_AntCBP picked the Miami location, and he was denied that location, so I was referring to the hiring process not giving him that location. And congrats on getting your location!
      Last edited by MattyjayG; 01-29-2020, 12:14 AM.

• KeepingFaith83
      KeepingFaith83 commented
      Editing a comment
      MattyjayG oh okay. I was confused. Sorry about that & thanks for clarifying. Thank you! Congratulations to you as well!
      Last edited by KeepingFaith83; 01-30-2020, 06:36 PM. Reason: Misspelled name

• Chris Martin, hopefully bro!.

Comment

• Received another call from Customs (952 number) on Monday just congratulating me again about getting job and asking if I had any questions about entering duty at port on February 7th.

Comment

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats. What announcement are you in?

• CBPO.BPJ
        CBPO.BPJ commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats! It's not as bad as people think

• Anyone know what academy is like physically l heard l wasn’t too bad I’m running 3 miles a day

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        I heard CBPO is not bad but BPA is like paramilitary, training is hard... Jr90037 running 3miles a day you are good, don't worry too much

• invertedPanda
        invertedPanda commented
        Editing a comment
        You're more that fine and probably way ahead of the curve.

• CBPO.BPJ
        CBPO.BPJ commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm in FLETC halfway now and i can tell you its not bad at all. If you doing 3 miles a day you'll be more then give.

• 19-8 fonzi7979 and class 522. But I applied and then applied again when things were not moving quickly and when I applied again everything transferred and I got the call a month later.

Comment

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for sharing your process I am in 19-2 and still waiting to be scheduled for my Polygraph exam. Hopefully soon I will receive the call or email. To be continued .....

• Well awesome news. My BI cleared today. I'm at 100%, and feeling a lot better knowing it's done before the academy. Anyone else have any good news today?

Comment

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats TSFost

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        lol congrats man TsFost ... My Cass turned 100% today too... everything is done...

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank ya both, and V_AntCBP congrats to you as well

• Eann86
        Eann86 commented
        Editing a comment
        18-11 here. Good news for me (yesterday). BI cleared and I got called for my drug test! I didn't hear anything about my background, no email or call... just a call to take my drug test. Checked my CASS, and sure enough it had a green check mark. Drug test today. Great feeling. Just hit my 18 month mark, and met with BI Inv. back in July and didn't hear a peep. Fingers crossed the next step doesn't take tooo long.
        Last edited by Eann86; 01-29-2020, 10:04 AM.

• https://www.haixusa.com/haix-black-e...-high-side-zip

anyone know if these boots would work for academy?

Comment

• SAS-CBPO
        SAS-CBPO commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats! My personal opinion about boots; (only because you asked) I really don't like 8 inch boots. I prefer 6 inched in height, Insoles have to be sneaker like, flexibility is key, also start looking at the weight of the boots. That is also important if you will be walking a lot or if your job will consist of running. I don't think you will be doing a lot of Foot pursuits in the airports. I could be wrong. My experience: 26 years 1 month in Law enforcement, Prior Military and a total of 22 years of SWAT teams. I currently use Salomons. I swear by them a little costly but worth every penny. Problem is they are not able to be polished. So I have been also asking my patrol guys what they use. Must of the guys in my department like UA. They say they are sneaker like inside and are light and comfortable. If I find something to look at I will post it. I still have time I am announcement 19-5 VRA. Good luck if you find something like me know.

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        I just bought a set of 5.11 Evo boots. Day three of wearing them and I really like that they are light but really supportive. They are breaking in well, and they take to being shined. We shall see how they hold up since I EOD in March. I usually go with Bates, but decided to go with something different after trying on a few different brands the other day.

• JimmyW777
        JimmyW777 commented
        Editing a comment
        As long as they are polishable, you can get those boots.

• CBPO.BPJ
        CBPO.BPJ commented
        Editing a comment
        All black and as long as you can shine the crap out of the front of your boots you'll be fine

• Is there any 19-2 (Miami Gs-9 ) finished with their background? And if so, how long did it take to get you checkmark, and I'm not Vra .

Comment

• 19-1

10/28/2018 application submitted.

Got the call 01/27/2020. missed the call. Returned call today.

States avaiable, AZ, CA (Calexico), Indiana, Illinios, Maine, Montana, Michigan, Vermont, Texas, NYC (JFK), New Jersey, Washingston state, North Dakota.

Thats all I was able to catch. (She was fast). I live in VA so i applied for Dulles, VA (not available).

I'm already federal so my EOD was pushed back to Aug 03 to avoid a break in service.

***PS, if an announcement is posted with a location you would like, you may call that 952 # back requesting the change of location.(You can only call ONCE!!!) and the call itself has to be prior to you EOD***

hope this was helpful.....

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you guys Bklynchyca TsFost, good to know.

• invertedPanda
          invertedPanda commented
          Editing a comment
          Where in Indiana?

• Bklynchyca
          Bklynchyca commented
          Editing a comment
          I was only able to get the states. A couple mid west states were available as well

• Manonfire6666
          Manonfire6666 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the info. That helps!!

• Does anyone know what academy is like when it comes to running eod April 21 lax gs9

Comment

• invertedPanda
          invertedPanda commented
          Editing a comment
          Running will vary on your instructor. It's not an every day thing or even weekly. You'll want to do most of your running on your own time to keep fit for the FGS.

• showtime15
          showtime15 commented
          Editing a comment

• Has to be Indianapolis or Louisville. DHL & Fed Ex ports mainly.

Comment

• Anyone at FLETC for the CBPO, can you tell us how the residential part works. Do you get your own room?

Comment

• invertedPanda
            invertedPanda commented
            Editing a comment
            Depends...literally, lol. Wish I could give you a better answer.

My session is all in the crack houses, get your own room but have to share a ****ter. The plus side is it's right next to the main class room so walk to class is less than 2 minutes every morning, you can go to your room on lunch, and run back real quick if you forget anything for TRT. Plus the laundry is right there and you can walk to chow quickly.

The Taj I've heard mixed things. A person ahead of me going to my port has their own room. A couple of other people going to my port that are in sessions after that other person but still ahead of me are bunked up. Then there are session after them that aren't bunked up. So...who knows.

Then there are sessions on Saint Simons Island and various hotels outside of FLETC. You just don't know what you'll get until you get here. Honestly, other than sharing a ****ter, having a tiny tv, no microwave, a ****ed up hvac unit, and a stiff bed I don't mind the crack houses lol

• I just reapplied for 20-4 GS9. I combined education and LEO experience. If they were to reject that one(also not sure if I meet the requirements entirely) I would still keep my 19-3 GS5 hire right?

Comment

• CBPO.BPJ I read online that they had to be polish able, black and 8inch. Is that true about height?

Comment

• invertedPanda
              invertedPanda commented
              Editing a comment
              polishable toe is the main thing, they do need to be black, but the 8inch thing you can probably get away with because your pants will cover that part. I've never seen anyone told to lift their pant leg to check the height, but it various from session instructor too.

• CBPO.BPJ Its just the unknown. Going into something and not having many details about what academy is like. When we get some info we are just told we will be fine. Not that others aren't giving good info just wishing CBP/fletc had a better handbook about what to expect and daily life as some of us are leaving family and kids/newborns behind for this unknown 4 months of training. I am sure once we all get there we will be just fine and that we were worrying about the little things.

Everyone that has given info and congratulations, I appreciate it.

Also, im glad to see other females out there applying and getting into CBP/FLETC!

Comment

• invertedPanda
              invertedPanda commented
              Editing a comment
              What would you like to know about the academy?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6134 users online. 348 members and 5786 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X