Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• postponed My EOD from 2/28/20 to April 30th at JFK. FLETC May 15 to September 20. Who has JFK and/or FLETC for the same dates?

Comment

• SheepDogg
      SheepDogg commented
      Editing a comment
      My EOD is April 28th, and my Academy is May 13th to Sept 17th. LAX

• Beaueeeazy
      Beaueeeazy commented
      Editing a comment
      I do!. I guess were going to be classmates

• assembly-jef
      assembly-jef commented
      Editing a comment
      Beaueeeazy do you have the same EOD at jfk too?

• Beaueeeazy
      Beaueeeazy commented
      Editing a comment
      Nope. LAX Los Angeles for me

• Anyone with class 523 for fletc?

Comment

• eikichi10
      eikichi10 commented
      Editing a comment
      520 here, anyone else?

• JimmyW777
      JimmyW777 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yall start dates are when? Lol

• CBPO.BPJ
      CBPO.BPJ commented
      Editing a comment
      508 here and i started already

• 210CBPO
      210CBPO commented
      Editing a comment
      I didn't get my class number, only dates EOD July 1st, FLETC July 17th- Nov 23rd

• Bought my boots, and running shoes today. Gives me just under 9 weeks to fully break them both in. Anyone here have any favorite gym shoe for mat work I should look at next payday?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Can you share the link for the boots? TsFost so many different types... Idk which one... Running I have black Nike running shoes. Should be good and allowed... Very comfortable... Nike also has gym-workouts shoes but looks weird... Lol. Idk

• ES90
      ES90 commented
      Editing a comment
      I had a middle of the line running shoe that I left in my gym locker for defensive tactics. No reason to go crazy IMO. Just get something you can do anything in (run, roll around on the mats etc).

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      V_AntCBP I chose these after trying on a handful of different brands and types. They took to shining nicely tonight. I always believe good boots will make or break your day. I usually replace mine every couple years since I wear them to work daily.

https://www.galls.com/5-11-tactical-...BoCyAIQAvD_BwE

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      TsFost thank you man,

• Not that this really applies to Academy boots...

I have always found it better to have multiple pairs of decent, fairly inexpensive boots rather than one pair of expensive, high-end boots. With multiple pairs you can cover the side-zip for ease, a more supportive boot for those days of strenuous activities, insulated boots for cold weather, non-insulated for warm weather, safety toe...if that's a concern, water resistant...if rain or a boat dock is a possibility, etc.

Personally, I usually run between 3-7 pairs of boots in rotation, substituting what I wear based on season, weather, work conditions and type, etc. I tend to buy my boots online and during times of good sale prices and deep clearance close-outs. Often, by shopping around, you can get good boots for $50 or less. Typically, my average boot maybe sees 18-24 months of use and maybe 1200-1500 miles on them before they see the garbage.

It all works for me...far better than buying multiple pairs of $400 boots and wearing them exclusively for years before they wear out. Even the best boots really should be allowed to rest and thoroughly dry out as maintenance. Any boot will wear less and have a longer service life, if you take good care of them.

Comment

• DrigoCBP
      DrigoCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      I was in the military and i recommend getting good boots instead of getting cheap ones. Cheap boots are often super uncomfortable and tend to be replaced a lot more often. I see them as an investment, so i would get good quality boots.

Plus, I assume boots will last a lot longer as a CBP officer since CBP is not necessarily as physical and you’re not going to be out on the field wearing them out. (At least nowhere near as often as Border Patrol for example.)

• Chris Martin
      Chris Martin commented
      Editing a comment
      V_AntCBP La Police Gear is a good source. Under Armor makes great boots. If you have any questions feel free to reach out. Ive been in boots for 15 years I have tried a lot of different pairs over the years. I am currently wearing a pair of 6in Danner’s, not cheap, my last pair I had a pair of 6in side zip thorogood boots also great boots about half the cost of the Danner’s. UA outlet has boots for about 40 bucks if you can catch them on sale.

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      DrigoCBP 100% agree. coming from corrections, then into TSA, and now heading to CBP the one thing I know is taking care of your feet is one of the most important things you can do for the long term. I'd rather spend $150-175 on boots that give me the support I need, and feel great for years, then cheaper boots that aren't going to hold up to the day to day on the concrete, and asphalt.

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Many of the boots that one pays 150-175 dollars for today are the same boots that will be on sale for $40 as soon as next year's model rolls out with some sort of minor cosmetic change.

• I was going to ask if we get an initial uniform allowance along with a yearly one?? I am a federal police officer working on base and we get 1800 when first hired to buy all your gear and then 800 every year on your annaversary
    ​​I would just get you some boots to get you through the academy, doubt your going to be doing 20k road marches with 60 plus pounds on your back. Black polish and go while your there I would think.

Comment

• ES90
      ES90 commented
      Editing a comment
      You'll spend a day getting kitted out at FLETC. You'll be issued several sets of the basic uniform, a pair of boots(Danner when I was there), and a coat. A gun belt with all required pouches/holsters and you body armor is also issued while your there on the govt's dime. Uniform allowance comes out January every year thereafter.

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      How well do the uniform sizes hold up to expectations. Plan for the size you wear? Or go a size up or down due to how their made or cut.

• Su Lexie
      Su Lexie commented
      Editing a comment
      "doubt your going to be doing 20k road marches with 60 plus pounds on your back." Anyone can clear if this is going be happen during academy, this is Army basic training requirement. does this going to happen on CBP academy too?

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nope.
      OFO academy is an adult academy. The academics are a touch tricky for some, but there's no extreme fitness expectations.

• Nice.. So ya just buy some academy boots.. And roll out lol

Comment

• 19-4 here, with provisional.

Got an email (no phone call, oddly) for the polygraph in Feb. I selected Chicago, but have to go to IN for it.

Haven’t had contact with my investigator, though before the holidays an automated email appeared indicating the office had restructured with investigators being reassigned.

DHS CBP Officer 19-4
      NOR Written: 2/11/19 - Pass
      NOR Fitness Test: 4/2/19 - Pass
      NOR Interview: 4/10/19 - Pass
      NOR Medical: 2/26/19 - Pass

CPD 2017 #5xxx
      IPT: 11/11/17
      PHQ submitted :11/22/17
      Kentech PHQ submitted: 12/12/17
      Home Interview: 12/17/17
      Case Manager assigned: 12/22/17
      Polygraph: 01/18/18
      Kentech to CPD: 1/22/18
      CPD 12-2017 #4xxx
      IPT: 03/17/18
      Processing: 03/24/18
      PHQ submitted: 03/30/18
      CPD 05-2018 #2xx
      IPT: 07/14/18
      Processing: 07/21/18

Comment

• AJSIN0311
        AJSIN0311 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds normal. Took about a year from my application date to get a polygraph done. Also, my case manager got reassigned at least 4 times before I went to see an investigator. Everything for me was by email until I met with the BI. Good luck with everything!

• Hey guys so a investigator contacted me Friday to meet my supervisor and co workers and then we had a meeting Saturday I had some old debt that I was unaware of but I paid it off today and told my investigator that i cleared it up
      would this be a reason I don’t pass the BI ? & am I getting closer to receive that green check on background?

Comment

• Cxp1137
        Cxp1137 commented
        Editing a comment
        Okay thanks so much @jcsaenz3
        V_AntCBP holy crap I want to tell my job I’m leaving I just want to make sure I’m clear thanks for the info

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        No man, don't tell your job yet, it's gonna be months before your background cleared and then when you get the call. Eod and fletc are months out too... My total is almost 11 months since meeting investigator and actual start working. You tell your job now, they may fire you on spot or they may not. But I'm not gonna take that chance . Cxp1137. I got eod already but I'm not gonna give 4 months notice... 2 weeks are standard and sufficient... When they fire you, they don't give you notice man...
        Last edited by V_AntCBP; 01-27-2020, 10:58 AM.

• Cxp1137
        Cxp1137 commented
        Editing a comment
        V_AntCBP I was granted provisional so I got the call and got my eod date you’re right I’ll just give them the standard 2 week notice

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Cxp1137 oh provisional...I thought you had to wait for background to clear like me... but either way, 2 weeks are good man... unless you are like buddy buddy with manager and sure he won't fire you right after the news.. I know couple people got fired right after they gave their workplace notice... companies didn't let them finish the weeks notice....lol when is your EOD man? whats port?

• I wonder if it would be quicker if I chose a place that has a full time polygrahper instead of a place where they have to tdy someone.

Comment

• Thatoneguyoh I emailed them the same question and never got a response back so not sure if this is possible or not .

Comment

• So....what happens if you miss the 952 call....they say call back in 48 hours but do they call you back after you leave a msg???

Comment

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            Took them 5 days to call me back...had to push my eod and fletc back cause they were filled.... Smh.... If you are waiting for the call... Try not to miss it.... I always joked, glue the phone to your hand, lol, Turn ringtone to max. Always have it available even in bathroom from 8 to 5pm... If you miss the call, kind of hassle contacting them.. They never pick up, and take days to call back
            Last edited by V_AntCBP; 01-27-2020, 03:46 PM.

• TsFost
            TsFost commented
            Editing a comment
            V_AntCBP I told my STSO that if I randomly leave the checkpoint it's because I was getting a call that I couldn't miss lol. Worked out since both BP and OFO randomly called around 9-10 am

• Bklynchyca
            Bklynchyca commented
            Editing a comment
            I worked from home today with my phone in my lap and the moment I put it on the counter the call came but I didnt hear or see the flash. I called back literally 3 mins later. Smh. Idc when I EOD I just want my duty location
            Last edited by Bklynchyca; 01-27-2020, 09:25 PM.

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            They never pick up calls, we have to leave voice mail for them to return call, and it takes forever for them to call back ... Lol I literally had my phone every where while waiting for the call, even in bathroom... Ringtone to max... Lol. TsFost my work didn't allow phone usage, told my boss I'm waiting on important call too.... Kept phone on me with max ringtone... Screw it... Sometime it rang while I was in meeting.. Lol. I picked up, didn't care.... Haha

• 19-4, I got the call last week to enter on duty July 6th to Laredo. Anyone here from the RGV?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            Damn man, I was originally offered eod July 6, but they pushed me back today to July 13, otherwise we would be in the same class

• Chris Martin
            Chris Martin commented
            Editing a comment
            I am 19-4 as well hopefully I will get a call here shortly.

• It's been 12 days since my packet was last touched and 37 days since I started adjudication. Only counting work days and not weekends or holidays so you guys can see how long it takes to get the green check mark for background. Hopefully they didn't find anything I'm unaware of.

When I did my initial interview, the guy asked if I used a different name for anything told him no, and he pulled out some credit check that says I used a different name. It was my name but missing the last 3 letters because the company couldn't fit my full name on the bill, not something I knew about tho. So fingers crossed they aren't held up on something stupid like this.

Comment

• Chris Martin
            Chris Martin commented
            Editing a comment
            They had to do a follow up on a civil case that was same name and city but wasn't me. It was just in the 7 year mark and they wanted to know why it wasn't on me EQIP. I to explain them it wasnt me and how it wasn't.

• For those that applied to a VRA announcement, could you give me a timeline on how fast the application process moved (or is moving) for you?

Comment

• Chris Martin
            Chris Martin commented
            Editing a comment
            The first 3/4 of the process went really quick. I am right at 12 months right now, which seems to be better than most. I am at 63% been in the process since Jan 19

• Su Lexie
            Su Lexie commented
            Editing a comment
            I am 20-3, applied on Dec 27th, took exam on Jan 4th, receive result 2 days later, one days after, received job offer. after that, receive structured interview appointment for Jan 13th, rescheduled, e-qip submit before Jan 20th, medical finished on Jan 27th, physical is really to schedule, but I will wait. I feel the processing going very quick so far.

• Hello Everyone; 18-11 here. Finally got the call for the Final Offer after a year and 4 months. My EOD is July 6th and FLECT in Glynco, GA is July 13th thru December 5th. Anyone going to Columbus, NM? (El Paso Sector)

Comment

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            I eod July 28 thru Dec 5th... SeaTac, strange, I eod 2 weeks after you but same graduation date?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7434 users online. 420 members and 7014 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X