Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well awesome news. My BI cleared today. I'm at 100%, and feeling a lot better knowing it's done before the academy. Anyone else have any good news today?

Comment

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats TSFost

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      lol congrats man TsFost ... My Cass turned 100% today too... everything is done...

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank ya both, and V_AntCBP congrats to you as well

• Eann86
      Eann86 commented
      Editing a comment
      18-11 here. Good news for me (yesterday). BI cleared and I got called for my drug test! I didn't hear anything about my background, no email or call... just a call to take my drug test. Checked my CASS, and sure enough it had a green check mark. Drug test today. Great feeling. Just hit my 18 month mark, and met with BI Inv. back in July and didn't hear a peep. Fingers crossed the next step doesn't take tooo long.
      Last edited by Eann86; 01-29-2020, 11:04 AM.

• https://www.haixusa.com/haix-black-e...-high-side-zip

anyone know if these boots would work for academy?

Comment

• SAS-CBPO
      SAS-CBPO commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats! My personal opinion about boots; (only because you asked) I really don't like 8 inch boots. I prefer 6 inched in height, Insoles have to be sneaker like, flexibility is key, also start looking at the weight of the boots. That is also important if you will be walking a lot or if your job will consist of running. I don't think you will be doing a lot of Foot pursuits in the airports. I could be wrong. My experience: 26 years 1 month in Law enforcement, Prior Military and a total of 22 years of SWAT teams. I currently use Salomons. I swear by them a little costly but worth every penny. Problem is they are not able to be polished. So I have been also asking my patrol guys what they use. Must of the guys in my department like UA. They say they are sneaker like inside and are light and comfortable. If I find something to look at I will post it. I still have time I am announcement 19-5 VRA. Good luck if you find something like me know.

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      I just bought a set of 5.11 Evo boots. Day three of wearing them and I really like that they are light but really supportive. They are breaking in well, and they take to being shined. We shall see how they hold up since I EOD in March. I usually go with Bates, but decided to go with something different after trying on a few different brands the other day.

• JimmyW777
      JimmyW777 commented
      Editing a comment
      As long as they are polishable, you can get those boots.

• CBPO.BPJ
      CBPO.BPJ commented
      Editing a comment
      All black and as long as you can shine the crap out of the front of your boots you'll be fine

• Is there any 19-2 (Miami Gs-9 ) finished with their background? And if so, how long did it take to get you checkmark, and I'm not Vra .

Comment

• 19-1

10/28/2018 application submitted.

Got the call 01/27/2020. missed the call. Returned call today.

States avaiable, AZ, CA (Calexico), Indiana, Illinios, Maine, Montana, Michigan, Vermont, Texas, NYC (JFK), New Jersey, Washingston state, North Dakota.

Thats all I was able to catch. (She was fast). I live in VA so i applied for Dulles, VA (not available).

I'm already federal so my EOD was pushed back to Aug 03 to avoid a break in service.

***PS, if an announcement is posted with a location you would like, you may call that 952 # back requesting the change of location.(You can only call ONCE!!!) and the call itself has to be prior to you EOD***

hope this was helpful.....

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you guys Bklynchyca TsFost, good to know.

• invertedPanda
        invertedPanda commented
        Editing a comment
        Where in Indiana?

• Bklynchyca
        Bklynchyca commented
        Editing a comment
        I was only able to get the states. A couple mid west states were available as well

• Manonfire6666
        Manonfire6666 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the info. That helps!!

• Does anyone know what academy is like when it comes to running eod April 21 lax gs9

Comment

• invertedPanda
        invertedPanda commented
        Editing a comment
        Running will vary on your instructor. It's not an every day thing or even weekly. You'll want to do most of your running on your own time to keep fit for the FGS.

• showtime15
        showtime15 commented
        Editing a comment

• Has to be Indianapolis or Louisville. DHL & Fed Ex ports mainly.

Comment

• Anyone at FLETC for the CBPO, can you tell us how the residential part works. Do you get your own room?

Comment

• invertedPanda
          invertedPanda commented
          Editing a comment
          Depends...literally, lol. Wish I could give you a better answer.

My session is all in the crack houses, get your own room but have to share a ****ter. The plus side is it's right next to the main class room so walk to class is less than 2 minutes every morning, you can go to your room on lunch, and run back real quick if you forget anything for TRT. Plus the laundry is right there and you can walk to chow quickly.

The Taj I've heard mixed things. A person ahead of me going to my port has their own room. A couple of other people going to my port that are in sessions after that other person but still ahead of me are bunked up. Then there are session after them that aren't bunked up. So...who knows.

Then there are sessions on Saint Simons Island and various hotels outside of FLETC. You just don't know what you'll get until you get here. Honestly, other than sharing a ****ter, having a tiny tv, no microwave, a ****ed up hvac unit, and a stiff bed I don't mind the crack houses lol

• I just reapplied for 20-4 GS9. I combined education and LEO experience. If they were to reject that one(also not sure if I meet the requirements entirely) I would still keep my 19-3 GS5 hire right?

Comment

• CBPO.BPJ I read online that they had to be polish able, black and 8inch. Is that true about height?

Comment

• invertedPanda
            invertedPanda commented
            Editing a comment
            polishable toe is the main thing, they do need to be black, but the 8inch thing you can probably get away with because your pants will cover that part. I've never seen anyone told to lift their pant leg to check the height, but it various from session instructor too.

• CBPO.BPJ Its just the unknown. Going into something and not having many details about what academy is like. When we get some info we are just told we will be fine. Not that others aren't giving good info just wishing CBP/fletc had a better handbook about what to expect and daily life as some of us are leaving family and kids/newborns behind for this unknown 4 months of training. I am sure once we all get there we will be just fine and that we were worrying about the little things.

Everyone that has given info and congratulations, I appreciate it.

Also, im glad to see other females out there applying and getting into CBP/FLETC!

Comment

• invertedPanda
            invertedPanda commented
            Editing a comment
            What would you like to know about the academy?

• xknuckles I reapplied and everything that I finished already (poly, drug, physical, written test etc..) transfered over to new application. It made the process much quicker. If you don't get accepted they will just say GS5 instead of gs9 and you keep most recent application. But if you have been sitting at another application and it wasn't moving then you will want to keep recent one as in my case it made things move quicker.

Also, I got offered many other places and I said I only wanted one port or wasn't going to take the job. He said he had to list all the ports available then I could tell him what one I wanted. He never mention one I wanted and when I mentioned it he said I could have it even though it wasn't on list of available ports when I applied but it was on later job postings.

Comment

• xknuckles
            xknuckles commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks! I reapplied because of you, the wording on the application made me unsure if I was going to lose my GS5 hire. Good luck!

• Status update for my 18-6 application. 67 weeks after last meeting with the background investigator and CASS still at 63%. I find it hard to believe that its taking this long for a determination. :'(

Comment

• corsair
            corsair commented
            Editing a comment
            Lol just another example of how ridiculous this process is

• fonzi7979
            fonzi7979 commented
            Editing a comment
            You can say that again. corsair did you get scheduled for your polygraph exam.

• corsair
            corsair commented
            Editing a comment
            Sadly no but than again every day I wait it puts me one day closer so either way I look at it - its going to happen I just don't know when.

1 Year 2 Days 21 Hrs since I applied
            323 Days 2 Hrs since I passed SI

• Nousername1 same here! Met with Investigator in September 2019 and still at 63%..

Comment

• Wow... I'm kind of speechless. I met with my BI in December and got the call for my drug test today. The portal also shows that my background is completed which is a shocking surprise. I expected to wait months just like all of you did.

Comment

• NYBseBall89
            NYBseBall89 commented
            Editing a comment
            fonzi7979 I'm 18-8. Thank you to you both.

• fonzi7979
            fonzi7979 commented
            Editing a comment
            Your welcome NYBseBall89 may I ask how long after you completed your SI did you get scheduled for the polygraph exam. I am currently in 19-2 and still waiting to be scheduled. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

• NYBseBall89
            NYBseBall89 commented
            Editing a comment
            Almost 1 year from SI to Poly... I did my poly in Manhattan, NY.

• fonzi7979
            fonzi7979 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you for sharing that with me so I guess I am on schedule with the timeframe. Good luck to you with the rest of the process.

• So does anyone know...is or can the BI happen before an applicant takes the Poly? Has anyone’s BI been complete prior to completing Poly?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            they won't start BI before you pass poly...

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5115 users online. 298 members and 4817 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X