300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 19-3 Regular 19-6 DH

I really don’t understand this process. I applied in December of 2018 and yet I haven’t received a poly. A co-worker
    of mine applied in October of 2019 and just got his poly date for next week.. It’s frustrating.. I ended up applying to USSS Special Agent and Uniform Division and got my exams within the next week. From what I heard they are pretty organized when it comes to HR and it isn’t quite the mission compared to CBP. At this point I’ll take any federal agency that offers me a job to get out of TSA.

Comment

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      V_AntCBP well said thanks for sharing your thoughts.

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      Just got an email I made it through Phase 2 of the Criminal Investigator (Special Agent) - hopefully I get scheduled for Phase 3. All I can do at this point is just apply for other jobs while I wait for the polygraph.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      corsair I got email to take the test for it the other day but cbp called so I'm gonna pass on it... Whichever calls first, go with it.... Good luck man

• Florida_Man
      Florida_Man commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you all for the positivity and encouragement guys

• @Bklynchyca oh man. I am behind. I wish I could. I hate hate push ups!

Comment

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      Do push ups in sets

Ex: X repetitions in 1 set, rest, X repetitions again, rest, X repetitions again, rest, X repetitions again.

Rinse and repeat.

• Anthropologist
      Anthropologist commented
      Editing a comment
      AmandaLynne4282 Find some other people in your class who will help to motivate you outside of structured PT. The nicer folks in your class will hopefully have a leave nobody behind attitude. Myself and a few others did that in my last FLETA academy. Just look for positive gals and guys who will work out with you, hang out with you, and keep everyone in the group safe outside the academy grounds. We're all future colleagues and we should have each other's backs!

• Bklynchyca
      Bklynchyca commented
      Editing a comment
      I hate sit-ups. I do both sit ups and push ups through out the day. Randomly, 5 here, 10 there... it worked for me lol soon you’ll be doing more til you get to your goal

• Folks I feel your frustration I 18-12 and I am still awaiting for my poly.
    for me it was destiny.
    ICAD sent me an email to schedule my Poly unfortunately the mail was to other applicants also which indicated first come first seated.
    so I missed that chance. Keep your head up.

Comment

• Due to my current employment I didn’t have phone accessibility and also a few phone restriction about usage.

Comment

• Hey guys,

20 days ago I took my poly in Houston and haven't heard anything official about my results and my CASS is 50% green and unchanged.

How long does it take to get official results of the poly and, if I fail it, does that mean my candidacy is terminated?

Thanks
        Last edited by Gibbie; 01-23-2020, 04:12 PM.

Comment

• Keee562
          Keee562 commented
          Editing a comment
          I found out that day of polygraph and at tha end of the week I got a green mark. Been at 63% since Aug when my background investigation started

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          You get result within a week, any longer indicates possible a 2nd round or failed. Failing poly will end your application... You have to wait 2 years to reapply... Good luck man

• Originally posted by Gibbie View Post
        Hey guys,

20 days ago I took my poly in Houston and haven't heard anything official about my results and my CASS is 50% green and unchanged.

How long does it take to get official results of the poly and, if I fail it, does that mean my candidacy is terminated?

Thanks
        How long did you wait from your SI to your Poly?
        i am curious because I am choose Huston as my Poly location.

Comment

• Gibbie
          Gibbie commented
          Editing a comment
          Si - 8/16/2019

• welp apparently I failed the Poly. Good luck to you guys. Guess I'm stuck working for the TSA and living with my parents for the rest of my life.

Maybe I'll try for Corrections or go a different path.

Comment

• Chris Martin
          Chris Martin commented
          Editing a comment
          You can always reapply and try again when you get outside the window

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          A friend of my failed poly and went for corrections, he got in within 6 months... He told me he likes corrections and there are many opportunities for promotion, if you failed, do that man, and come back reapply cbp after 2 years if you really want cbp...

• Anthropologist
          Anthropologist commented
          Editing a comment
          Greg00 Ouch. That really sucks! I wouldn't recommend corrections though!

• TsFost
          TsFost commented
          Editing a comment
          Greg00 gonna be honest I loved the time I did corrections. If I hadn't decided to go the CBP route I'd just take the road exam as a patrol deputy. A lot of SOs require their officers to spend a year working the jail for experience. I'd say take a look at it for sure.

• Originally posted by Greg00 View Post
        welp apparently I failed the Poly. Good luck to you guys. Guess I'm stuck working for the TSA and living with my parents for the rest of my life.

Maybe I'll try for Corrections or go a different path.
        True. Also a possibility they let me retest. The poly admin. said I failed, but didn't rule out being able to retest.

Always got to have hope! haha

Comment

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          Stay positive it will all work out

• Greg00 Back in 2015 I got inconclusive on 2 polygraphs and that was the end of the it for me. I waited a few years and went through the same process again and had to take the polygraph 2 times, again! I guess I am not that great testing, however I knew that I've been honest since day 1 and guess what, I passed. Today I just finished taking another polygraph #5 for another position I am processing for and after 8 1/2 hours of testing I got "the good to go you passed" so imagine......if you really want this you will continue to try until you can't no more!

Comment

• Anthropologist
          Anthropologist commented
          Editing a comment
          sory_ann This really doesn't give me a lot of confidence in polygraphing technology and its reliability.

• Scuddyp4
          Scuddyp4 commented
          Editing a comment
          sory_ann feel your pain. I've failed 3 (FBI,USSS and US Air Marshal's). Luckily, for my current job I have a TS/SCI/SSBI and am a veteran. So I qualify for a waiver for CBPO through the VRA announcement.

But, I told myself that I would never take another polygraph. I wouldn't put myself through that again.

Polys suck. But here I am about 8 years later and still trying to get into something.

Glad your were able to pass one. Congrats.

• for those who already got the call, did they send an email or call confirming the location selection or anything? I used the 24hrs to think...called them back and left voicemail to select the location. But never heard from them to confirm , that they got the voicemail, that I'm good for the location..i called them again yesterday asking them to call me back but they never did...smh lol. im planning the big move and I want to be sure I got the loc... Thanks

Comment

• showtime15
          showtime15 commented
          Editing a comment
          V_AntCBP it won’t matter for your EOD which port you’ll be at. 95% chance you will be reporting to the same location regardless to do your onboarding stuff first on the first day of Pre-A.

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Right I don't care where I'm working seaport or airport, showtime15 just I need to know which one so I can plan for the relocation, moving a whole family with small kids across country is huge... I need to look for town with decent schooling, affordable apt, job for wife, anyway, when do we do the on board thing? Couple weeks before eod? Thanks for your help man
          Last edited by V_AntCBP; 01-24-2020, 07:50 PM.

• showtime15
          showtime15 commented
          Editing a comment
          V_AntCBP You’ll get the onboarding email about a week out. Try to do as much as you can before hand, however, it would be wise to wait until you get to your port to do your benefits portion.

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          10-4 thanks for the info man showtime15

• This may be a different question... Has anyone ever come from or went to a different agency from CBP? Likenif you got on with CBP and completed the academy but then wanted to go to Ice would you then have to attend the academy again?

Comment

• DrigoCBP
          DrigoCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes you would have to go to a different academy. Its a whole different agency with different responsibilities. I had a coworker that switched between two agencies and had to go to FLETC again.

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          There is very little academy reciprocity between federal academies. There probably should be more...but..............

• 210CBPO
          210CBPO commented
          Editing a comment
          Last i hear there is some kind of reciprocity with ICE and CBP training. You dont have to go all over again. Look it up somewhere. I read it somewhere in another forum a few months back.

• SheepDogg just was told business casual for my port selection. He said he doesn't know womens fashion so don't show up like your going to a wedding and no tshirts and jeans but look nice. He said men usually wear khaki pants and polo.

I do not know what to take to academy but I am for sure not going to over pack. They will provide us with what we have to wear during class hours so just some regular clothes for when we are on our own time. I haven't bought boots yet but have been told 5.11, under armour and danner boots are good.

Comment

• Dodge_Guy19-4
          Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Danner boots hands down! 15 years I've been buying danner and no complaints. 4 months in Iraq and my 5.11s fell apart

• Chris Martin
          Chris Martin commented
          Editing a comment
          Danner you can’t beat. But they aren’t cheap. I’ve had good luck with thorogood, I’ve haven’t personally worn UA lots but guys I work with had good things to say. Not a fan of 5.11 boots but their clothing is great.

• Bklynchyca
          Bklynchyca commented
          Editing a comment
          danner's are running for almost $400. $#%k!!!
          There is a boot for $140 though but sheesh!! lol

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          LAPOLICEGEAR.com often has decent boots on clearance/sale.

• Anyone think one of these would work?
        Attached Files

Comment

• Dodge_Guy19-4
          Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
          Editing a comment
          I bought the Danner Tachyon. $160, light and comfortable.

Below is copied from the OFO Uniform Wear Policy.

"Additionally, the employee is permitted to purchase with his/her own funds, black, plain toe military-type footwear. While prior supervisory approval is not required, it is suggested that employees first discuss this issue with their supervisor to ensure that the privately purchased footwear is in accordance with this provision. Management may deny an employee the ability to wear privately purchased footwear that after review does not meet this black, plain toe, military style standard. As a general rule, privately purchased footwear should be “confusingly similar” to that which is offered by the uniform vendor. Shoes with unsafe or unstable structure, or with excessively high heels, are not authorized."
          Last edited by Dodge_Guy19-4; 01-24-2020, 07:34 PM.

• showtime15
          showtime15 commented
          Editing a comment
          Dodge_Guy19-4 zip ups are fine, and I recommend them. Every second counts when you’ve got 10minutes to undress from PT, shower, and dress again before getting to your next class.

• Dodge_Guy19-4
          Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
          Editing a comment
          showtime that's good to know and surprising, the reg in alot of places reads like it's the same or more stringent than 670-1

• https://www.galls.com/danner-striker...xoCF6MQAvD_BwE

Comment

• https://www.galls.com/danner-women-s...x-boot?PMSRCH=

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13213 users online. 322 members and 12891 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X