Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder if it would be quicker if I chose a place that has a full time polygrahper instead of a place where they have to tdy someone.

Comment

• Thatoneguyoh I emailed them the same question and never got a response back so not sure if this is possible or not .

Comment

• So....what happens if you miss the 952 call....they say call back in 48 hours but do they call you back after you leave a msg???

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Took them 5 days to call me back...had to push my eod and fletc back cause they were filled.... Smh.... If you are waiting for the call... Try not to miss it.... I always joked, glue the phone to your hand, lol, Turn ringtone to max. Always have it available even in bathroom from 8 to 5pm... If you miss the call, kind of hassle contacting them.. They never pick up, and take days to call back
          Last edited by V_AntCBP; 01-27-2020, 03:46 PM.

• TsFost
          TsFost commented
          Editing a comment
          V_AntCBP I told my STSO that if I randomly leave the checkpoint it's because I was getting a call that I couldn't miss lol. Worked out since both BP and OFO randomly called around 9-10 am

• Bklynchyca
          Bklynchyca commented
          Editing a comment
          I worked from home today with my phone in my lap and the moment I put it on the counter the call came but I didnt hear or see the flash. I called back literally 3 mins later. Smh. Idc when I EOD I just want my duty location
          Last edited by Bklynchyca; 01-27-2020, 09:25 PM.

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          They never pick up calls, we have to leave voice mail for them to return call, and it takes forever for them to call back ... Lol I literally had my phone every where while waiting for the call, even in bathroom... Ringtone to max... Lol. TsFost my work didn't allow phone usage, told my boss I'm waiting on important call too.... Kept phone on me with max ringtone... Screw it... Sometime it rang while I was in meeting.. Lol. I picked up, didn't care.... Haha

• 19-4, I got the call last week to enter on duty July 6th to Laredo. Anyone here from the RGV?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Damn man, I was originally offered eod July 6, but they pushed me back today to July 13, otherwise we would be in the same class

• Chris Martin
          Chris Martin commented
          Editing a comment
          I am 19-4 as well hopefully I will get a call here shortly.

• It's been 12 days since my packet was last touched and 37 days since I started adjudication. Only counting work days and not weekends or holidays so you guys can see how long it takes to get the green check mark for background. Hopefully they didn't find anything I'm unaware of.

When I did my initial interview, the guy asked if I used a different name for anything told him no, and he pulled out some credit check that says I used a different name. It was my name but missing the last 3 letters because the company couldn't fit my full name on the bill, not something I knew about tho. So fingers crossed they aren't held up on something stupid like this.

Comment

• Chris Martin
          Chris Martin commented
          Editing a comment
          They had to do a follow up on a civil case that was same name and city but wasn't me. It was just in the 7 year mark and they wanted to know why it wasn't on me EQIP. I to explain them it wasnt me and how it wasn't.

• For those that applied to a VRA announcement, could you give me a timeline on how fast the application process moved (or is moving) for you?

Comment

• Chris Martin
          Chris Martin commented
          Editing a comment
          The first 3/4 of the process went really quick. I am right at 12 months right now, which seems to be better than most. I am at 63% been in the process since Jan 19

• Su Lexie
          Su Lexie commented
          Editing a comment
          I am 20-3, applied on Dec 27th, took exam on Jan 4th, receive result 2 days later, one days after, received job offer. after that, receive structured interview appointment for Jan 13th, rescheduled, e-qip submit before Jan 20th, medical finished on Jan 27th, physical is really to schedule, but I will wait. I feel the processing going very quick so far.

• Hello Everyone; 18-11 here. Finally got the call for the Final Offer after a year and 4 months. My EOD is July 6th and FLECT in Glynco, GA is July 13th thru December 5th. Anyone going to Columbus, NM? (El Paso Sector)

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          I eod July 28 thru Dec 5th... SeaTac, strange, I eod 2 weeks after you but same graduation date?

• Originally posted by V_AntCBP View Post
        Damn man, I was originally offered eod July 6, but they pushed me back today to July 13, otherwise we would be in the same class
        Which POE were you assigned to?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Seattle SeaTac, Issy2K

• TsFost
          TsFost commented
          Editing a comment
          it's nice they told you what port in Seattle. I have no idea which port in Brownsville I'll be lol

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          TsFost no actually not confirmed port yet. But he said 90% new hires will be assigned seatac airport. Sea port usually is for experienced officers only... Lol. So I'm assuming I'm going to seatac, they said I will know for sure 2 3 weeks out... Smh

• 19-2 Report date June 22, FLETC date July 6 ,Miami... anyone else with the same dates?

Comment

• KeepingFaith83
          KeepingFaith83 commented
          Editing a comment
          I applied direct hire... I'm going in as a GS9. I applied October 2018 and I'm a female lol

• KeepingFaith83
          KeepingFaith83 commented
          Editing a comment
          MattyjayG why would I have explaining to do if you're 19-2 and Miami too?

• MattyjayG
          MattyjayG commented
          Editing a comment
          KeepingFaith83 that was not directed towards you. I am aware we are in the same 19-2 V_AntCBP picked the Miami location, and he was denied that location, so I was referring to the hiring process not giving him that location. And congrats on getting your location!
          Last edited by MattyjayG; 01-29-2020, 12:14 AM.

• KeepingFaith83
          KeepingFaith83 commented
          Editing a comment
          MattyjayG oh okay. I was confused. Sorry about that & thanks for clarifying. Thank you! Congratulations to you as well!
          Last edited by KeepingFaith83; 01-30-2020, 06:36 PM. Reason: Misspelled name

• Chris Martin, hopefully bro!.

Comment

• Received another call from Customs (952 number) on Monday just congratulating me again about getting job and asking if I had any questions about entering duty at port on February 7th.

Comment

• fonzi7979
            fonzi7979 commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats. What announcement are you in?

• CBPO.BPJ
            CBPO.BPJ commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats! It's not as bad as people think

• Anyone know what academy is like physically l heard l wasn’t too bad I’m running 3 miles a day

Comment

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            I heard CBPO is not bad but BPA is like paramilitary, training is hard... Jr90037 running 3miles a day you are good, don't worry too much

• invertedPanda
            invertedPanda commented
            Editing a comment
            You're more that fine and probably way ahead of the curve.

• CBPO.BPJ
            CBPO.BPJ commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm in FLETC halfway now and i can tell you its not bad at all. If you doing 3 miles a day you'll be more then give.

• 19-8 fonzi7979 and class 522. But I applied and then applied again when things were not moving quickly and when I applied again everything transferred and I got the call a month later.

Comment

• fonzi7979
            fonzi7979 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you for sharing your process I am in 19-2 and still waiting to be scheduled for my Polygraph exam. Hopefully soon I will receive the call or email. To be continued .....

• Well awesome news. My BI cleared today. I'm at 100%, and feeling a lot better knowing it's done before the academy. Anyone else have any good news today?

Comment

• fonzi7979
            fonzi7979 commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats TSFost

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            lol congrats man TsFost ... My Cass turned 100% today too... everything is done...

• TsFost
            TsFost commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank ya both, and V_AntCBP congrats to you as well

• Eann86
            Eann86 commented
            Editing a comment
            18-11 here. Good news for me (yesterday). BI cleared and I got called for my drug test! I didn't hear anything about my background, no email or call... just a call to take my drug test. Checked my CASS, and sure enough it had a green check mark. Drug test today. Great feeling. Just hit my 18 month mark, and met with BI Inv. back in July and didn't hear a peep. Fingers crossed the next step doesn't take tooo long.
            Last edited by Eann86; 01-29-2020, 10:04 AM.

• https://www.haixusa.com/haix-black-e...-high-side-zip

anyone know if these boots would work for academy?

Comment

• SAS-CBPO
            SAS-CBPO commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats! My personal opinion about boots; (only because you asked) I really don't like 8 inch boots. I prefer 6 inched in height, Insoles have to be sneaker like, flexibility is key, also start looking at the weight of the boots. That is also important if you will be walking a lot or if your job will consist of running. I don't think you will be doing a lot of Foot pursuits in the airports. I could be wrong. My experience: 26 years 1 month in Law enforcement, Prior Military and a total of 22 years of SWAT teams. I currently use Salomons. I swear by them a little costly but worth every penny. Problem is they are not able to be polished. So I have been also asking my patrol guys what they use. Must of the guys in my department like UA. They say they are sneaker like inside and are light and comfortable. If I find something to look at I will post it. I still have time I am announcement 19-5 VRA. Good luck if you find something like me know.

• TsFost
            TsFost commented
            Editing a comment
            I just bought a set of 5.11 Evo boots. Day three of wearing them and I really like that they are light but really supportive. They are breaking in well, and they take to being shined. We shall see how they hold up since I EOD in March. I usually go with Bates, but decided to go with something different after trying on a few different brands the other day.

• JimmyW777
            JimmyW777 commented
            Editing a comment
            As long as they are polishable, you can get those boots.

• CBPO.BPJ
            CBPO.BPJ commented
            Editing a comment
            All black and as long as you can shine the crap out of the front of your boots you'll be fine

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4314 users online. 248 members and 4066 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X