Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All I have left is drug test... Should be anytime now, my job keeps asking me when I'm leaving... But I know EOD won't be till summer time so I just say not sure don't know .... beats going in the cold lol

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      lol what you do? spd2008 When investigator came to my job to interview people, my boss knew i wanted to leave... but he probably thought I didn't get the job or something... so he never mentioned again... I'm not gonna tell them until im ready...2 weeks notice is all im gonna give them..... Don't let them know way early man, they may fire you on spot and its too early for you... just tell them you don't know...you are not sure

• Originally posted by V_AntCBP View Post
    18-8 DH and 19-2 Regular,
    After almost 21 months in, finally I got THE CALL... 952 area code number...

By having a Regular announcement, They offered me pretty much all locations (not VRA) available at the moment. Seattle, SFO, EWR, JFK, Chicago, Detroit Land borders, Canadian borders (MN, Montana, N Dakota, Washington State Land borders, Maine, Vermont,) and of course SW borders like CA, AZ, TX, NM....
    I had a list of locations I like but unfortunately non of them available: FL (Tampa, Orlando or Miami), NC, DFW and IAH (TX), Salt Lake City, Denver, Las Vegas, Washington Dulles, Portland Oregon, Detroit Airport,

They gave me 24hrs to think and pick a location. After carefully consideration,I will pick Seattle (not sure if its airport or sea port- they said I would find out couple weeks before EOD???? , airport or sea port will be assigned by OFO where needed the most??? ok whatever I guess),

EOD July 6th, Fletc July 21 (If you have the same EOD, pm me so we can help each other at Fletc)

For those of you who are still in process, don't give up, hang in there, your time will come. Good luck all
    Congrats. I'll already be at FLETC at the time but hmu when you get there and we can grab a drink at the G bar

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      TsFost whats your EOD again? for some reasons I thought you are already at Fletc... but yeah man, definitely get a drink on weekend with you... lol
      Last edited by V_AntCBP; 01-22-2020, 08:14 AM.

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      V_AntCBP it's March 30th

• Good luck and congrats to everyone getting the call ! I’m just being patient for my background to clear my investigator called me yesterday to provide him with some updated numbers for old co workers hopefully I’m getting closer to the end

eod jfk 4/28/20

Comment

• Cxp1137
      Cxp1137 commented
      Editing a comment
      V_AntCBP yeah I was granted provisional but it’s nerve wrecking when my bi still isn’t clear I know I have nothing to worry about so it shouldn’t be a problem and I will keep you all updated this was a long process but it’s all worth it
      Last edited by Cxp1137; 01-22-2020, 08:56 AM. Reason: Typo

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Cxp1137. Congrats. May ask what announcement you are in?

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Cxp1137 I hear you, its definitely nerve wrecking... are you moving to NY or you are already living there?

• Cxp1137
      Cxp1137 commented
      Editing a comment
      V_AntCBP I live in NY so I’m good
      fonzi7979 19-3

• I work for physical security, police on military base... And they know I'm trying to leave as ya when they did my background they were at my job askings questions also. And the **** jobs have already begun so ya not saying **** to them and just calling off here and there and two weeks to clear here you go. You're leaving to better yourself so they throw stupid **** your way.... Makes since smh lol

Comment

• Anyone know if Buffalo NY is still being offered? 19-11 provisional waiting on Poly and DT

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        I got the call yesterday, regular announcement, and buffalo was not offered. But you never know, by the time you get the call, it may be opened again

• V_AntCBP Super happy for you!!! Glad to see that your dates are not that far and with plenty of time to prepare for the Academy

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks sory_ann right, I need 5 months to plan for the big move across country. They asked if open do I want to start earlier, I said no, lol. July is good, your call is right behind my.... I'm sure...

• thelonelybum
        thelonelybum commented
        Editing a comment
        how much earlier can you start?

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Don't know the date, just to be put on waiting list thelonelybum In case someone doesn't make it, or they open new class I guess but I can't do earlier so I said no

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        thelonelybum let me put it this way. I got an email on Nov 23rd that said that a spot opened early. That if i wanted it I needed to be there Nov 25th lol

• I EOD on April 28th at LAX. FLETC May 13th- September 17th.

Anyone have the same port and/or FLETC dates?

Comment

• thelonelybum
        thelonelybum commented
        Editing a comment
        there's more than 1 FLETC location, maybe they're using another location

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        There are multiple FLETCs...but only one has basic CBPO training...Glynco, GA.

It is not odd to see multiple CBPO classes start during a week...if the demand is there for them.

• SheepDogg
        SheepDogg commented
        Editing a comment
        merlin436 that’s interesting. I hope we aren’t doubled up in the rooms, but it is what it is. I’ve been trying to find out what we need to buy or even take with us. I like to prepare now and shop around instead of waiting for the last minute.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        They may double up as needed. They may start buying up nearby motel rooms.

As far as what to bring, I don't know of an actual official list but if you just focus on the common sense stuff, there's a Walmart and Target nearby, along with othe retailers, for more specific needs.

• Keee562 how do you know when packet was last touched?

Comment

• Chris Martin
        Chris Martin commented
        Editing a comment
        I reached out to a recruiter and he looked it up. Mine was touched 12/23 and 1/14

• Keee562
        Keee562 commented
        Editing a comment
        [email protected] I email him and he told me

• thelonelybum
        thelonelybum commented
        Editing a comment
        that's the same guy I've been talking to for updates, well his partner because he can't get that info he said

• Almost 5 months past SI here, I don't post a lot just patiently waiting for poly test, so I have one question I recently applied for the Census got accepted, did my fingerprints today and also today I received an email saying my background is clear and to do my Onboarding right away, so my question is, do you think this might help getting into CBP since this is also a federal job ?

Comment

• thelonelybum
        thelonelybum commented
        Editing a comment
        nope, cbp is a top secret clearance

• scotty_appleton814
        scotty_appleton814 commented
        Editing a comment
        I didn't know that CBPO required a top secret clearance

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        The SSBI/Tier 5 background vets people for a TS clearance...however, very few CBPOs actually have an active TS clearance.

• thelonelybum
        thelonelybum commented
        Editing a comment
        I only know this becuz I have a secret but it's useless in this process, took me 4 months to get adjudicated for a secret

• Question to anyone currently at FLETC, do you guys get paid base pay then when you go to your duty station, that's when you get locality? or do they just give you base? Need to figure out funding issues as this would make a large dent...

Comment

• showtime15
        showtime15 commented
        Editing a comment
        Whatever your port’s locality is, that’s your pay.

• thelonelybum
        thelonelybum commented
        Editing a comment
        GS-9 on a 41% locality sounds nice lol kinda weird everyone is paid differently at fletc

• cstephensiv
        cstephensiv commented
        Editing a comment
        Where do get a 41% locality pay at?

• 19-4
      Talked to the recruiter my file was touched on 1/14. Hope that means it's getting closer. He told me even if they called tomorrow it would be August at the earliest for a school date.

Comment

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        corsair know your frustration I’m 19-2 still no poly too.

• Chris Martin
        Chris Martin commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow guess I'm in good shape then. I'm just waiting for background to clear. Sitting at 63%

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        Chris Martin you are good just background and drug test. What announcement are you in? Good luck to you I look forward to getting to the finish line too but like they say one step at a time.

• Chris Martin
        Chris Martin commented
        Editing a comment
        fonzi7979 I am VRA 19-4. Finished my BI in Aug just waiting to be adjudicated.

• 19-1 here. Just cleared everything on cass. Drug cleared today 88% nervous as hell now

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats man, like I kept saying, glue the phone to your hand for the next week lol, they called me on this num 952-857-2900, but some people said they received private num. so... watch for the phone.... what port you are looking to get?
        Last edited by V_AntCBP; 01-23-2020, 09:18 AM.

• Bklynchyca
        Bklynchyca commented
        Editing a comment
        Right, I've been glued all morning. Its driving me crazy lol. My selection isn't available. I guess I'm just waiting to hear the available options.

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        the call probably tomorrow or Monday... they cleared my drug and i got the call 2 days later...

• I would think you get paid based on where your port or your duty station is. Not everyone in GA for example gets paid the same amount, if you're around Atlanta area then you get way more money than they rest of the state due to locality

Comment

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        you get paid on your ports locality. there is a 2020 GS graph on the CBP website. Look up your location and viola you have your answer. Also some have way higher localities then others, and some are just put on the general locality pay list (like the city I chose Brownsville), whereas Houston has about double the locality.

• I am a 19-8 and starting at port in Alexandria Bay, NY February 7th,2020 and my first day of classes at the academy is Monday February 24th, 2020. Anyone else have these dates? I just got my final letter as well.

Anyone buy stuff yet for academy?

Can anyone do the 24 pushups in a minute? HAHA. I can't...oh this academy is going to kick my butt.

I still have yet to decide if I am going to fly down or drive. Thinking if I drive my car it will be to easy to leave when things get "tough".

Anyone else have academy dates the same as me? My class number is 522.

Comment

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats to you in receiving final offer.

• Bklynchyca
        Bklynchyca commented
        Editing a comment
        congrats. I can now do 24 pushups but its took some work lol and im also a female. You will have time to improve in the academy.

• SheepDogg
        SheepDogg commented
        Editing a comment
        AmandaLynne4282 Congrats. My EOD is April 28th and my Academy date is May 13th. Would you mind sharing the packing list items, or what we need to buy. Also was there any mention about what you need for your EOD? Thank you in advance.

• Anthropologist
        Anthropologist commented
        Editing a comment
        AmandaLynne4282 I'm going to be at FLETC in March with my current agency for a short training. For CBP, I'm a 19-10 and will probably end up back at FLETC by mid-year. lol

• I'm seeing a lot about buying boots. Will my black leather steel-toe boots from when I was active duty be acceptable? I'm not trying to spend on any haha.

Comment

• Bklynchyca
        Bklynchyca commented
        Editing a comment
        im waiting for the answer to this cause i still have mine from the navy. I dont wanna have to purchase new boots either....lol

• eikichi10
        eikichi10 commented
        Editing a comment
        same here lol, i even polished them.

• Chris Martin
        Chris Martin commented
        Editing a comment
        Form my experience in law enforcement. The lighter the boot the better. Money spent on boots is an investment down the road oz's make a difference. You can get good boots for less than 100 bucks

• showtime15
        showtime15 commented
        Editing a comment
        Just make sure that they are polishable. You will be on your feet more than you’d think, so try to get something comfortable. Unsure on the steel toe portion, I wouldn’t come here with them though personally.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14122 users online. 431 members and 13691 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X