Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greg00 Back in 2015 I got inconclusive on 2 polygraphs and that was the end of the it for me. I waited a few years and went through the same process again and had to take the polygraph 2 times, again! I guess I am not that great testing, however I knew that I've been honest since day 1 and guess what, I passed. Today I just finished taking another polygraph #5 for another position I am processing for and after 8 1/2 hours of testing I got "the good to go you passed" so imagine......if you really want this you will continue to try until you can't no more!

Comment

• Anthropologist
      Anthropologist commented
      Editing a comment
      sory_ann This really doesn't give me a lot of confidence in polygraphing technology and its reliability.

• Scuddyp4
      Scuddyp4 commented
      Editing a comment
      sory_ann feel your pain. I've failed 3 (FBI,USSS and US Air Marshal's). Luckily, for my current job I have a TS/SCI/SSBI and am a veteran. So I qualify for a waiver for CBPO through the VRA announcement.

But, I told myself that I would never take another polygraph. I wouldn't put myself through that again.

Polys suck. But here I am about 8 years later and still trying to get into something.

Glad your were able to pass one. Congrats.

• for those who already got the call, did they send an email or call confirming the location selection or anything? I used the 24hrs to think...called them back and left voicemail to select the location. But never heard from them to confirm , that they got the voicemail, that I'm good for the location..i called them again yesterday asking them to call me back but they never did...smh lol. im planning the big move and I want to be sure I got the loc... Thanks

Comment

• showtime15
      showtime15 commented
      Editing a comment
      V_AntCBP it won’t matter for your EOD which port you’ll be at. 95% chance you will be reporting to the same location regardless to do your onboarding stuff first on the first day of Pre-A.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Right I don't care where I'm working seaport or airport, showtime15 just I need to know which one so I can plan for the relocation, moving a whole family with small kids across country is huge... I need to look for town with decent schooling, affordable apt, job for wife, anyway, when do we do the on board thing? Couple weeks before eod? Thanks for your help man
      Last edited by V_AntCBP; 01-24-2020, 06:50 PM.

• showtime15
      showtime15 commented
      Editing a comment
      V_AntCBP You’ll get the onboarding email about a week out. Try to do as much as you can before hand, however, it would be wise to wait until you get to your port to do your benefits portion.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      10-4 thanks for the info man showtime15

• This may be a different question... Has anyone ever come from or went to a different agency from CBP? Likenif you got on with CBP and completed the academy but then wanted to go to Ice would you then have to attend the academy again?

Comment

• DrigoCBP
      DrigoCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes you would have to go to a different academy. Its a whole different agency with different responsibilities. I had a coworker that switched between two agencies and had to go to FLETC again.

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      There is very little academy reciprocity between federal academies. There probably should be more...but..............

• 210CBPO
      210CBPO commented
      Editing a comment
      Last i hear there is some kind of reciprocity with ICE and CBP training. You dont have to go all over again. Look it up somewhere. I read it somewhere in another forum a few months back.

• SheepDogg just was told business casual for my port selection. He said he doesn't know womens fashion so don't show up like your going to a wedding and no tshirts and jeans but look nice. He said men usually wear khaki pants and polo.

I do not know what to take to academy but I am for sure not going to over pack. They will provide us with what we have to wear during class hours so just some regular clothes for when we are on our own time. I haven't bought boots yet but have been told 5.11, under armour and danner boots are good.

Comment

• Dodge_Guy19-4
      Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Danner boots hands down! 15 years I've been buying danner and no complaints. 4 months in Iraq and my 5.11s fell apart

• Chris Martin
      Chris Martin commented
      Editing a comment
      Danner you can’t beat. But they aren’t cheap. I’ve had good luck with thorogood, I’ve haven’t personally worn UA lots but guys I work with had good things to say. Not a fan of 5.11 boots but their clothing is great.

• Bklynchyca
      Bklynchyca commented
      Editing a comment
      danner's are running for almost $400. $#%k!!!
      There is a boot for $140 though but sheesh!! lol

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      LAPOLICEGEAR.com often has decent boots on clearance/sale.

• Anyone think one of these would work?

Comment

• Dodge_Guy19-4
      Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
      Editing a comment
      I bought the Danner Tachyon. $160, light and comfortable.

Below is copied from the OFO Uniform Wear Policy.

"Additionally, the employee is permitted to purchase with his/her own funds, black, plain toe military-type footwear. While prior supervisory approval is not required, it is suggested that employees first discuss this issue with their supervisor to ensure that the privately purchased footwear is in accordance with this provision. Management may deny an employee the ability to wear privately purchased footwear that after review does not meet this black, plain toe, military style standard. As a general rule, privately purchased footwear should be “confusingly similar” to that which is offered by the uniform vendor. Shoes with unsafe or unstable structure, or with excessively high heels, are not authorized."
      Last edited by Dodge_Guy19-4; 01-24-2020, 06:34 PM.

• showtime15
      showtime15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Dodge_Guy19-4 zip ups are fine, and I recommend them. Every second counts when you’ve got 10minutes to undress from PT, shower, and dress again before getting to your next class.

• Dodge_Guy19-4
      Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
      Editing a comment
      showtime that's good to know and surprising, the reg in alot of places reads like it's the same or more stringent than 670-1

• https://www.galls.com/danner-striker...xoCF6MQAvD_BwE

Comment

• https://www.galls.com/danner-women-s...x-boot?PMSRCH=

Comment

• postponed My EOD from 2/28/20 to April 30th at JFK. FLETC May 15 to September 20. Who has JFK and/or FLETC for the same dates?

Comment

• SheepDogg
          SheepDogg commented
          Editing a comment
          My EOD is April 28th, and my Academy is May 13th to Sept 17th. LAX

• Beaueeeazy
          Beaueeeazy commented
          Editing a comment
          I do!. I guess were going to be classmates

• assembly-jef
          assembly-jef commented
          Editing a comment
          Beaueeeazy do you have the same EOD at jfk too?

• Beaueeeazy
          Beaueeeazy commented
          Editing a comment
          Nope. LAX Los Angeles for me

• Anyone with class 523 for fletc?

Comment

• eikichi10
          eikichi10 commented
          Editing a comment
          520 here, anyone else?

• JimmyW777
          JimmyW777 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yall start dates are when? Lol

• CBPO.BPJ
          CBPO.BPJ commented
          Editing a comment
          508 here and i started already

• 210CBPO
          210CBPO commented
          Editing a comment
          I didn't get my class number, only dates EOD July 1st, FLETC July 17th- Nov 23rd

• Bought my boots, and running shoes today. Gives me just under 9 weeks to fully break them both in. Anyone here have any favorite gym shoe for mat work I should look at next payday?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Can you share the link for the boots? TsFost so many different types... Idk which one... Running I have black Nike running shoes. Should be good and allowed... Very comfortable... Nike also has gym-workouts shoes but looks weird... Lol. Idk

• ES90
          ES90 commented
          Editing a comment
          I had a middle of the line running shoe that I left in my gym locker for defensive tactics. No reason to go crazy IMO. Just get something you can do anything in (run, roll around on the mats etc).

• TsFost
          TsFost commented
          Editing a comment
          V_AntCBP I chose these after trying on a handful of different brands and types. They took to shining nicely tonight. I always believe good boots will make or break your day. I usually replace mine every couple years since I wear them to work daily.

https://www.galls.com/5-11-tactical-...BoCyAIQAvD_BwE

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          TsFost thank you man,

• Not that this really applies to Academy boots...

I have always found it better to have multiple pairs of decent, fairly inexpensive boots rather than one pair of expensive, high-end boots. With multiple pairs you can cover the side-zip for ease, a more supportive boot for those days of strenuous activities, insulated boots for cold weather, non-insulated for warm weather, safety toe...if that's a concern, water resistant...if rain or a boat dock is a possibility, etc.

Personally, I usually run between 3-7 pairs of boots in rotation, substituting what I wear based on season, weather, work conditions and type, etc. I tend to buy my boots online and during times of good sale prices and deep clearance close-outs. Often, by shopping around, you can get good boots for $50 or less. Typically, my average boot maybe sees 18-24 months of use and maybe 1200-1500 miles on them before they see the garbage.

It all works for me...far better than buying multiple pairs of $400 boots and wearing them exclusively for years before they wear out. Even the best boots really should be allowed to rest and thoroughly dry out as maintenance. Any boot will wear less and have a longer service life, if you take good care of them.

Comment

• DrigoCBP
          DrigoCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          I was in the military and i recommend getting good boots instead of getting cheap ones. Cheap boots are often super uncomfortable and tend to be replaced a lot more often. I see them as an investment, so i would get good quality boots.

Plus, I assume boots will last a lot longer as a CBP officer since CBP is not necessarily as physical and you’re not going to be out on the field wearing them out. (At least nowhere near as often as Border Patrol for example.)

• Chris Martin
          Chris Martin commented
          Editing a comment
          V_AntCBP La Police Gear is a good source. Under Armor makes great boots. If you have any questions feel free to reach out. Ive been in boots for 15 years I have tried a lot of different pairs over the years. I am currently wearing a pair of 6in Danner’s, not cheap, my last pair I had a pair of 6in side zip thorogood boots also great boots about half the cost of the Danner’s. UA outlet has boots for about 40 bucks if you can catch them on sale.

• TsFost
          TsFost commented
          Editing a comment
          DrigoCBP 100% agree. coming from corrections, then into TSA, and now heading to CBP the one thing I know is taking care of your feet is one of the most important things you can do for the long term. I'd rather spend $150-175 on boots that give me the support I need, and feel great for years, then cheaper boots that aren't going to hold up to the day to day on the concrete, and asphalt.

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          Many of the boots that one pays 150-175 dollars for today are the same boots that will be on sale for $40 as soon as next year's model rolls out with some sort of minor cosmetic change.

• I was going to ask if we get an initial uniform allowance along with a yearly one?? I am a federal police officer working on base and we get 1800 when first hired to buy all your gear and then 800 every year on your annaversary
        ​​I would just get you some boots to get you through the academy, doubt your going to be doing 20k road marches with 60 plus pounds on your back. Black polish and go while your there I would think.

Comment

• ES90
          ES90 commented
          Editing a comment
          You'll spend a day getting kitted out at FLETC. You'll be issued several sets of the basic uniform, a pair of boots(Danner when I was there), and a coat. A gun belt with all required pouches/holsters and you body armor is also issued while your there on the govt's dime. Uniform allowance comes out January every year thereafter.

• TsFost
          TsFost commented
          Editing a comment
          How well do the uniform sizes hold up to expectations. Plan for the size you wear? Or go a size up or down due to how their made or cut.

• Su Lexie
          Su Lexie commented
          Editing a comment
          "doubt your going to be doing 20k road marches with 60 plus pounds on your back." Anyone can clear if this is going be happen during academy, this is Army basic training requirement. does this going to happen on CBP academy too?

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nope.
          OFO academy is an adult academy. The academics are a touch tricky for some, but there's no extreme fitness expectations.

• Nice.. So ya just buy some academy boots.. And roll out lol

Comment

• 19-4 here, with provisional.

Got an email (no phone call, oddly) for the polygraph in Feb. I selected Chicago, but have to go to IN for it.

Haven’t had contact with my investigator, though before the holidays an automated email appeared indicating the office had restructured with investigators being reassigned.

DHS CBP Officer 19-4
          NOR Written: 2/11/19 - Pass
          NOR Fitness Test: 4/2/19 - Pass
          NOR Interview: 4/10/19 - Pass
          NOR Medical: 2/26/19 - Pass

CPD 2017 #5xxx
          IPT: 11/11/17
          PHQ submitted :11/22/17
          Kentech PHQ submitted: 12/12/17
          Home Interview: 12/17/17
          Case Manager assigned: 12/22/17
          Polygraph: 01/18/18
          Kentech to CPD: 1/22/18
          CPD 12-2017 #4xxx
          IPT: 03/17/18
          Processing: 03/24/18
          PHQ submitted: 03/30/18
          CPD 05-2018 #2xx
          IPT: 07/14/18
          Processing: 07/21/18

Comment

• AJSIN0311
            AJSIN0311 commented
            Editing a comment
            Sounds normal. Took about a year from my application date to get a polygraph done. Also, my case manager got reassigned at least 4 times before I went to see an investigator. Everything for me was by email until I met with the BI. Good luck with everything!

• Hey guys so a investigator contacted me Friday to meet my supervisor and co workers and then we had a meeting Saturday I had some old debt that I was unaware of but I paid it off today and told my investigator that i cleared it up
          would this be a reason I don’t pass the BI ? & am I getting closer to receive that green check on background?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            No man, don't tell your job yet, it's gonna be months before your background cleared and then when you get the call. Eod and fletc are months out too... My total is almost 11 months since meeting investigator and actual start working. You tell your job now, they may fire you on spot or they may not. But I'm not gonna take that chance . Cxp1137. I got eod already but I'm not gonna give 4 months notice... 2 weeks are standard and sufficient... When they fire you, they don't give you notice man...
            Last edited by V_AntCBP; 01-27-2020, 10:58 AM.

• Cxp1137
            Cxp1137 commented
            Editing a comment
            V_AntCBP I was granted provisional so I got the call and got my eod date you’re right I’ll just give them the standard 2 week notice

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            Cxp1137 oh provisional...I thought you had to wait for background to clear like me... but either way, 2 weeks are good man... unless you are like buddy buddy with manager and sure he won't fire you right after the news.. I know couple people got fired right after they gave their workplace notice... companies didn't let them finish the weeks notice....lol when is your EOD man? whats port?

• Yongky Sunyoto
            Yongky Sunyoto commented
            Editing a comment
            is making any payment plan still going considered in good standing?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4325 users online. 259 members and 4066 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X