Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost 5 months past SI here, I don't post a lot just patiently waiting for poly test, so I have one question I recently applied for the Census got accepted, did my fingerprints today and also today I received an email saying my background is clear and to do my Onboarding right away, so my question is, do you think this might help getting into CBP since this is also a federal job ?

Comment

• thelonelybum
      thelonelybum commented
      Editing a comment
      nope, cbp is a top secret clearance

• scotty_appleton814
      scotty_appleton814 commented
      Editing a comment
      I didn't know that CBPO required a top secret clearance

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      The SSBI/Tier 5 background vets people for a TS clearance...however, very few CBPOs actually have an active TS clearance.

• thelonelybum
      thelonelybum commented
      Editing a comment
      I only know this becuz I have a secret but it's useless in this process, took me 4 months to get adjudicated for a secret

• Question to anyone currently at FLETC, do you guys get paid base pay then when you go to your duty station, that's when you get locality? or do they just give you base? Need to figure out funding issues as this would make a large dent...

Comment

• showtime15
      showtime15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Whatever your port’s locality is, that’s your pay.

• thelonelybum
      thelonelybum commented
      Editing a comment
      GS-9 on a 41% locality sounds nice lol kinda weird everyone is paid differently at fletc

• cstephensiv
      cstephensiv commented
      Editing a comment
      Where do get a 41% locality pay at?

• 19-4
    Talked to the recruiter my file was touched on 1/14. Hope that means it's getting closer. He told me even if they called tomorrow it would be August at the earliest for a school date.

Comment

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      corsair know your frustration I’m 19-2 still no poly too.

• Chris Martin
      Chris Martin commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow guess I'm in good shape then. I'm just waiting for background to clear. Sitting at 63%

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Chris Martin you are good just background and drug test. What announcement are you in? Good luck to you I look forward to getting to the finish line too but like they say one step at a time.

• Chris Martin
      Chris Martin commented
      Editing a comment
      fonzi7979 I am VRA 19-4. Finished my BI in Aug just waiting to be adjudicated.

• 19-1 here. Just cleared everything on cass. Drug cleared today 88% nervous as hell now

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats man, like I kept saying, glue the phone to your hand for the next week lol, they called me on this num 952-857-2900, but some people said they received private num. so... watch for the phone.... what port you are looking to get?
      Last edited by V_AntCBP; 01-23-2020, 08:18 AM.

• Bklynchyca
      Bklynchyca commented
      Editing a comment
      Right, I've been glued all morning. Its driving me crazy lol. My selection isn't available. I guess I'm just waiting to hear the available options.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      the call probably tomorrow or Monday... they cleared my drug and i got the call 2 days later...

• I would think you get paid based on where your port or your duty station is. Not everyone in GA for example gets paid the same amount, if you're around Atlanta area then you get way more money than they rest of the state due to locality

Comment

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      you get paid on your ports locality. there is a 2020 GS graph on the CBP website. Look up your location and viola you have your answer. Also some have way higher localities then others, and some are just put on the general locality pay list (like the city I chose Brownsville), whereas Houston has about double the locality.

• I am a 19-8 and starting at port in Alexandria Bay, NY February 7th,2020 and my first day of classes at the academy is Monday February 24th, 2020. Anyone else have these dates? I just got my final letter as well.

Anyone buy stuff yet for academy?

Can anyone do the 24 pushups in a minute? HAHA. I can't...oh this academy is going to kick my butt.

I still have yet to decide if I am going to fly down or drive. Thinking if I drive my car it will be to easy to leave when things get "tough".

Anyone else have academy dates the same as me? My class number is 522.

Comment

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats to you in receiving final offer.

• Bklynchyca
      Bklynchyca commented
      Editing a comment
      congrats. I can now do 24 pushups but its took some work lol and im also a female. You will have time to improve in the academy.

• SheepDogg
      SheepDogg commented
      Editing a comment
      AmandaLynne4282 Congrats. My EOD is April 28th and my Academy date is May 13th. Would you mind sharing the packing list items, or what we need to buy. Also was there any mention about what you need for your EOD? Thank you in advance.

• Anthropologist
      Anthropologist commented
      Editing a comment
      AmandaLynne4282 I'm going to be at FLETC in March with my current agency for a short training. For CBP, I'm a 19-10 and will probably end up back at FLETC by mid-year. lol

• I'm seeing a lot about buying boots. Will my black leather steel-toe boots from when I was active duty be acceptable? I'm not trying to spend on any haha.

Comment

• Bklynchyca
      Bklynchyca commented
      Editing a comment
      im waiting for the answer to this cause i still have mine from the navy. I dont wanna have to purchase new boots either....lol

• eikichi10
      eikichi10 commented
      Editing a comment
      same here lol, i even polished them.

• Chris Martin
      Chris Martin commented
      Editing a comment
      Form my experience in law enforcement. The lighter the boot the better. Money spent on boots is an investment down the road oz's make a difference. You can get good boots for less than 100 bucks

• showtime15
      showtime15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Just make sure that they are polishable. You will be on your feet more than you’d think, so try to get something comfortable. Unsure on the steel toe portion, I wouldn’t come here with them though personally.

• 19-3 Regular 19-6 DH

I really don’t understand this process. I applied in December of 2018 and yet I haven’t received a poly. A co-worker
    of mine applied in October of 2019 and just got his poly date for next week.. It’s frustrating.. I ended up applying to USSS Special Agent and Uniform Division and got my exams within the next week. From what I heard they are pretty organized when it comes to HR and it isn’t quite the mission compared to CBP. At this point I’ll take any federal agency that offers me a job to get out of TSA.

Comment

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      V_AntCBP well said thanks for sharing your thoughts.

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      Just got an email I made it through Phase 2 of the Criminal Investigator (Special Agent) - hopefully I get scheduled for Phase 3. All I can do at this point is just apply for other jobs while I wait for the polygraph.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      corsair I got email to take the test for it the other day but cbp called so I'm gonna pass on it... Whichever calls first, go with it.... Good luck man

• Florida_Man
      Florida_Man commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you all for the positivity and encouragement guys

• @Bklynchyca oh man. I am behind. I wish I could. I hate hate push ups!

Comment

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      Do push ups in sets

Ex: X repetitions in 1 set, rest, X repetitions again, rest, X repetitions again, rest, X repetitions again.

Rinse and repeat.

• Anthropologist
      Anthropologist commented
      Editing a comment
      AmandaLynne4282 Find some other people in your class who will help to motivate you outside of structured PT. The nicer folks in your class will hopefully have a leave nobody behind attitude. Myself and a few others did that in my last FLETA academy. Just look for positive gals and guys who will work out with you, hang out with you, and keep everyone in the group safe outside the academy grounds. We're all future colleagues and we should have each other's backs!

• Bklynchyca
      Bklynchyca commented
      Editing a comment
      I hate sit-ups. I do both sit ups and push ups through out the day. Randomly, 5 here, 10 there... it worked for me lol soon you’ll be doing more til you get to your goal

• Folks I feel your frustration I 18-12 and I am still awaiting for my poly.
    for me it was destiny.
    ICAD sent me an email to schedule my Poly unfortunately the mail was to other applicants also which indicated first come first seated.
    so I missed that chance. Keep your head up.

Comment

• Due to my current employment I didn’t have phone accessibility and also a few phone restriction about usage.

Comment

• Hey guys,

20 days ago I took my poly in Houston and haven't heard anything official about my results and my CASS is 50% green and unchanged.

How long does it take to get official results of the poly and, if I fail it, does that mean my candidacy is terminated?

Thanks
        Last edited by Gibbie; 01-23-2020, 03:12 PM.

Comment

• Keee562
          Keee562 commented
          Editing a comment
          I found out that day of polygraph and at tha end of the week I got a green mark. Been at 63% since Aug when my background investigation started

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          You get result within a week, any longer indicates possible a 2nd round or failed. Failing poly will end your application... You have to wait 2 years to reapply... Good luck man

• Originally posted by Gibbie View Post
        Hey guys,

20 days ago I took my poly in Houston and haven't heard anything official about my results and my CASS is 50% green and unchanged.

How long does it take to get official results of the poly and, if I fail it, does that mean my candidacy is terminated?

Thanks
        How long did you wait from your SI to your Poly?
        i am curious because I am choose Huston as my Poly location.

Comment

• Gibbie
          Gibbie commented
          Editing a comment
          Si - 8/16/2019

• welp apparently I failed the Poly. Good luck to you guys. Guess I'm stuck working for the TSA and living with my parents for the rest of my life.

Maybe I'll try for Corrections or go a different path.

Comment

• Chris Martin
          Chris Martin commented
          Editing a comment
          You can always reapply and try again when you get outside the window

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          A friend of my failed poly and went for corrections, he got in within 6 months... He told me he likes corrections and there are many opportunities for promotion, if you failed, do that man, and come back reapply cbp after 2 years if you really want cbp...

• Anthropologist
          Anthropologist commented
          Editing a comment
          Greg00 Ouch. That really sucks! I wouldn't recommend corrections though!

• TsFost
          TsFost commented
          Editing a comment
          Greg00 gonna be honest I loved the time I did corrections. If I hadn't decided to go the CBP route I'd just take the road exam as a patrol deputy. A lot of SOs require their officers to spend a year working the jail for experience. I'd say take a look at it for sure.

• Originally posted by Greg00 View Post
        welp apparently I failed the Poly. Good luck to you guys. Guess I'm stuck working for the TSA and living with my parents for the rest of my life.

Maybe I'll try for Corrections or go a different path.
        True. Also a possibility they let me retest. The poly admin. said I failed, but didn't rule out being able to retest.

Always got to have hope! haha

Comment

• fonzi7979
          fonzi7979 commented
          Editing a comment
          Stay positive it will all work out

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6364 users online. 350 members and 6014 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X