• cstephensiv
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2019

19-4
    1st Background interview 12/12/19
    investigators interviewed 1 reference and all employers
    2nd interview 01/03/20
    Investigators interviewed another contact on 01/15/20

Still waiting to get cleared... this process is so looooooooooog!!!! Wondering why they had to reach out to another reference when everything was already submitted...

Comment

• cstephensiv
      cstephensiv commented
      Editing a comment
      fonzi7979 I originally applied end of January 2019, and I forgot to mention they did go around to neighbors. Outside of speaking to employers I'm not sure if they spoke to coworkers.

I know that compared to some applicants that applied before me and/or applied around the same time I did, my process is moving along, but the process definately tests ones patience.

• AJSIN0311
      AJSIN0311 commented
      Editing a comment
      18-10 and 20-1

I think it really varies on who does your background. My investigator didn’t interview any of my neighbors or family, but he did interview current Co workers and people that weren’t even on my background packet at my work. They didn’t even interview one person from my last place of employment. Just got a record of employment from HR and called it good. They also had an agent on the other side of the country interview my old squad leader from the Marines, but they didn’t call anyone from the Air Force when I enlisted after being in the Marines. My background guy just told me that I was the least of his worries of all the people he has to work on so he wasn’t concerned at all. First time I met him was 09/04/19 and second time I met him was 09/28/19 and that’s when he said I passed.

Good luck!

• cstephensiv
      cstephensiv commented
      Editing a comment
      AJSIN0311 thanks for sharing, but did you say your BI said you passed? I wasnt sure they are able to say one way or the other or that they even knew if you passed. When I asked my BI he wouldnt/couldnt elude one way or the other just that he didnt feel he was wasting his time working my case vs other he was working on.

• AJSIN0311
      AJSIN0311 commented
      Editing a comment
      cstephensiv he didn’t give an official “pass” but told me on my last meet with him that I had nothing to worry about and that CBP wants to hire me. My green check mark didn’t appear until earlier this month for my background.
  • EE626619
    Forum Member
    • Sep 2019

Does anyone what the first week of PT consists of for the Academy? I’m going in with a barely healed fracture on my pinky but it will be healed right when I start. Just wondering if I may get an extra week or two of PT that doesn’t involve hard work on my pinky?

Comment

• Dodge_Guy19-4
      Dodge_Guy19-4 commented
      Editing a comment
      EE626619 when do you EOD? Maybe you can trade dates with someone and get a few weeks without having to wait 6+ months for the next open seat.

• invertedPanda
      invertedPanda commented
      Editing a comment
      You're going to that your first fitness test within the first week at FLETC. As far as PT in the mat rooms...I wouldn't worry to hard lol

• Anthropologist
      Anthropologist commented
      Editing a comment
      invertedPanda Hmm, is the fitness test you're talking about at FLETC the PEB, or the PFT2 that used to be listed on the CBP website?
  • corsair
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2019

I'll just comment now as another six days won't make a difference. One year has passed since I applied for 19-4. I've had zero hold ups just the fact I live in the North East if I had to guess. Over the last year I've been sure to keep a running log of new employment, getting married, traveling abroad, etc. Although the process is a bit demoralizing all we can do is wait and hope for the best. I'm currently at 314 days 3 hrs and 56 minutes since I've received an email that I passed my SI.

My only advice is to keep a positive attitude and maintain your performance at your current job as nothing is a guarantee.
    CBPO 19-4 - Switched to 19-8

CASS APP-50%
    EQIP - Completed
    Medical Exam - Completed
    Structured Interview - Completed
    Fitness Test - Completed
    Polygraph - TBD

Comment

• Nousername1
      Nousername1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm approaching the two year mark and still waiting on the background to be completed. Its crazy how it only took roughly 5 months getting to my current percentage on CASS (63%). But yes have to maintain a positive mindset
      Last edited by Nousername1; 01-20-2020, 04:01 PM.
  • EE626619
    Forum Member
    • Sep 2019

does anyone have a schedule of what goes on at the academy, like more specifics from week to week? Ex. Week 6 fire arms training ext.

Comment

• ES90
      ES90 commented
      Editing a comment
      A schedule exists, you get it at FLETC. There's no reason to discuss specifics on open source internet.

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      the schedule varies from week to week and from class to class , too complex to discuss that.
  • V_AntCBP
    Forum Member
    • Aug 2018

18-8 DH and 19-2 Regular,
    After almost 21 months in, finally I got THE CALL... 952 area code number...

By having a Regular announcement, They offered me pretty much all locations (not VRA) available at the moment. Seattle, SFO, EWR, JFK, Chicago, Detroit Land borders, Canadian borders (MN, Montana, N Dakota, Washington State Land borders, Maine, Vermont,) and of course SW borders like CA, AZ, TX, NM....
    I had a list of locations I like but unfortunately non of them available: FL (Tampa, Orlando or Miami), NC, DFW and IAH (TX), Salt Lake City, Denver, Las Vegas, Washington Dulles, Portland Oregon, Detroit Airport,

They gave me 24hrs to think and pick a location. After carefully consideration,I will pick Seattle (not sure if its airport or sea port- they said I would find out couple weeks before EOD???? , airport or sea port will be assigned by OFO where needed the most??? ok whatever I guess),

EOD July 6th, Fletc July 21 (If you have the same EOD, pm me so we can help each other at Fletc)

For those of you who are still in process, don't give up, hang in there, your time will come. Good luck all
    Last edited by V_AntCBP; 01-21-2020, 08:39 PM.

Comment

• Keee562
      Keee562 commented
      Editing a comment
      Chris Martin my background investigator was trying to sabotage my investigation so I had to go threw extra measures to get mine into the adjudication phase

• ChrisQuirolo
      ChrisQuirolo commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you have to pick a port you might not necessarily want? Can you wait for a specific location to open up? After this process what's another 6 month wait for your desired location...

• Manonfire6666
      Manonfire6666 commented
      Editing a comment
      What GS level did you qualify for each announcement?

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats , good to see some of yall moving up.
  • rmpee
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2015

Congrats man hopefully we are at the same class

Comment

• spd2008
      Forum Member
      • Oct 2008

All I have left is drug test... Should be anytime now, my job keeps asking me when I'm leaving... But I know EOD won't be till summer time so I just say not sure don't know .... beats going in the cold lol

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        lol what you do? spd2008 When investigator came to my job to interview people, my boss knew i wanted to leave... but he probably thought I didn't get the job or something... so he never mentioned again... I'm not gonna tell them until im ready...2 weeks notice is all im gonna give them..... Don't let them know way early man, they may fire you on spot and its too early for you... just tell them you don't know...you are not sure
    • TsFost
      Forum Member
      • Jul 2018

Originally posted by V_AntCBP
      18-8 DH and 19-2 Regular,
      After almost 21 months in, finally I got THE CALL... 952 area code number...

By having a Regular announcement, They offered me pretty much all locations (not VRA) available at the moment. Seattle, SFO, EWR, JFK, Chicago, Detroit Land borders, Canadian borders (MN, Montana, N Dakota, Washington State Land borders, Maine, Vermont,) and of course SW borders like CA, AZ, TX, NM....
      I had a list of locations I like but unfortunately non of them available: FL (Tampa, Orlando or Miami), NC, DFW and IAH (TX), Salt Lake City, Denver, Las Vegas, Washington Dulles, Portland Oregon, Detroit Airport,

They gave me 24hrs to think and pick a location. After carefully consideration,I will pick Seattle (not sure if its airport or sea port- they said I would find out couple weeks before EOD???? , airport or sea port will be assigned by OFO where needed the most??? ok whatever I guess),

EOD July 6th, Fletc July 21 (If you have the same EOD, pm me so we can help each other at Fletc)

For those of you who are still in process, don't give up, hang in there, your time will come. Good luck all
      Congrats. I'll already be at FLETC at the time but hmu when you get there and we can grab a drink at the G bar

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        TsFost whats your EOD again? for some reasons I thought you are already at Fletc... but yeah man, definitely get a drink on weekend with you... lol
        Last edited by V_AntCBP; 01-22-2020, 07:14 AM.

• TsFost
        TsFost commented
        Editing a comment
        V_AntCBP it's March 30th
    • Cxp1137
      Forum Member
      • Apr 2019

Good luck and congrats to everyone getting the call ! I’m just being patient for my background to clear my investigator called me yesterday to provide him with some updated numbers for old co workers hopefully I’m getting closer to the end

eod jfk 4/28/20

Comment

• Cxp1137
        Cxp1137 commented
        Editing a comment
        V_AntCBP yeah I was granted provisional but it’s nerve wrecking when my bi still isn’t clear I know I have nothing to worry about so it shouldn’t be a problem and I will keep you all updated this was a long process but it’s all worth it
        Last edited by Cxp1137; 01-22-2020, 07:56 AM. Reason: Typo

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        Cxp1137. Congrats. May ask what announcement you are in?

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Cxp1137 I hear you, its definitely nerve wrecking... are you moving to NY or you are already living there?

• Cxp1137
        Cxp1137 commented
        Editing a comment
        V_AntCBP I live in NY so I’m good
        fonzi7979 19-3
    • spd2008
      Forum Member
      • Oct 2008

I work for physical security, police on military base... And they know I'm trying to leave as ya when they did my background they were at my job askings questions also. And the **** jobs have already begun so ya not saying **** to them and just calling off here and there and two weeks to clear here you go. You're leaving to better yourself so they throw stupid **** your way.... Makes since smh lol

Comment

• whitjj72
        Forum Member
        • Aug 2011

Anyone know if Buffalo NY is still being offered? 19-11 provisional waiting on Poly and DT

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          I got the call yesterday, regular announcement, and buffalo was not offered. But you never know, by the time you get the call, it may be opened again
      • sory_ann
        Forum Member
        • May 2015

V_AntCBP Super happy for you!!! Glad to see that your dates are not that far and with plenty of time to prepare for the Academy

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks sory_ann right, I need 5 months to plan for the big move across country. They asked if open do I want to start earlier, I said no, lol. July is good, your call is right behind my.... I'm sure...

• thelonelybum
          thelonelybum commented
          Editing a comment
          how much earlier can you start?

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Don't know the date, just to be put on waiting list thelonelybum In case someone doesn't make it, or they open new class I guess but I can't do earlier so I said no

• TsFost
          TsFost commented
          Editing a comment
          thelonelybum let me put it this way. I got an email on Nov 23rd that said that a spot opened early. That if i wanted it I needed to be there Nov 25th lol
      • SheepDogg
        Forum Member
        • Jan 2020

I EOD on April 28th at LAX. FLETC May 13th- September 17th.

Anyone have the same port and/or FLETC dates?

Comment

• thelonelybum
          thelonelybum commented
          Editing a comment
          there's more than 1 FLETC location, maybe they're using another location

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          There are multiple FLETCs...but only one has basic CBPO training...Glynco, GA.

It is not odd to see multiple CBPO classes start during a week...if the demand is there for them.

• SheepDogg
          SheepDogg commented
          Editing a comment
          merlin436 that’s interesting. I hope we aren’t doubled up in the rooms, but it is what it is. I’ve been trying to find out what we need to buy or even take with us. I like to prepare now and shop around instead of waiting for the last minute.

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          They may double up as needed. They may start buying up nearby motel rooms.

As far as what to bring, I don't know of an actual official list but if you just focus on the common sense stuff, there's a Walmart and Target nearby, along with othe retailers, for more specific needs.
      • whitjj72
        Forum Member
        • Aug 2011

Keee562 how do you know when packet was last touched?

Comment

• Chris Martin
          Chris Martin commented
          Editing a comment
          I reached out to a recruiter and he looked it up. Mine was touched 12/23 and 1/14

• Keee562
          Keee562 commented
          Editing a comment
          [email protected] I email him and he told me

• thelonelybum
          thelonelybum commented
          Editing a comment
          that's the same guy I've been talking to for updates, well his partner because he can't get that info he said
      • Albax0385
        Forum Member
        • Jul 2019

Almost 5 months past SI here, I don't post a lot just patiently waiting for poly test, so I have one question I recently applied for the Census got accepted, did my fingerprints today and also today I received an email saying my background is clear and to do my Onboarding right away, so my question is, do you think this might help getting into CBP since this is also a federal job ?

Comment

• thelonelybum
          thelonelybum commented
          Editing a comment
          nope, cbp is a top secret clearance

• scotty_appleton814
          scotty_appleton814 commented
          Editing a comment
          I didn't know that CBPO required a top secret clearance

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          The SSBI/Tier 5 background vets people for a TS clearance...however, very few CBPOs actually have an active TS clearance.

• thelonelybum
          thelonelybum commented
          Editing a comment
          I only know this becuz I have a secret but it's useless in this process, took me 4 months to get adjudicated for a secret

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 18984 users online. 32 members and 18952 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...