Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I apologize if this question was ask in the past. Is there an email address for scheduling status of the poly exam?

Comment

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Scheduling status just need to wait to be called or emailed once availability for your area.

• Ix360xI
      Ix360xI commented
      Editing a comment
      They actually gave me a contact after i passed my structure interview to contact if I don’t hear anything for 12 weeks but I’m not getting any response from them and wondering if there is another contact.

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes we all received that email address for ICAD. I have emailed them and I have been told to be patient and wait once a polygraph examiner is available in your area you will be contacted and scheduled for the exam.

• I just got hired by TSA to do this in the meantime for CBP, but also given to opportunity to become a peace officer. Is it better to start with TSA and start my fed time or starting with a law enforcement agency?

Comment

• Yshaban
      Yshaban commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay thank you Radio Raheem and thelonelybum

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      I left my job with my SO for TSA just to build up some time in while applying to CBP. Ill have a year and 2 months in when I EoD with CBP at this point.

• CBPO-DFW
      CBPO-DFW commented
      Editing a comment
      TsFost!!!

How long have u waited in total until you get the call?

• TsFost
      TsFost commented
      Editing a comment
      CBPO-DFW took about 4 months from start to call

• Hello! Announcement 18-11 here. Patiently waiting to hear back for my background.
    Anyone from the Southern Border/ El Paso, Texas Area. Checking in to see if El Paso is still being offered?

Comment

• standtheman
      standtheman commented
      Editing a comment
      i am 19-3, looking for LAX and el paso too... but i am still waiting for poly

• 210CBPO
      210CBPO commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi 18-12 here. It's odd to see anyone asking for those areas lol i was offered two critical ports Arizona and Calexico then i turned them down and was offered Laredo (my selected port) and El Paso. Obviously, i chose Laredo. Good luck to you!

• NachoLaw
      NachoLaw commented
      Editing a comment
      I am 18-10. Also waiting on the final. Requesting the southern Border.

• Working Day 31, I figured there's no harm in asking... before this, the last day my background was touched was 11/27/2019 now its been upgraded to 1/8/2020 at least I know it's moving along now... just waiting for the green check mark now...
    Attached Files

Comment

• jcsaenz3
      jcsaenz3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Is this a CBPO thing only? I have emailed and called my case manager for BPA and both times they have not been able to see when my BI was last touched. All I know that it is Adjudication phase,

• thelonelybum
      thelonelybum commented
      Editing a comment
      CBPO thing, I had a recruiter contact me after my poly cleared telling me to ask any questions I had. Found out he couldn't find this info for me and had to talk to his partner. Found his partners email because he forwarded her email to me while erasing the message underneath and not erasing the forwarded portion. So I asked her directly which was nice.

• thelonelybum I am 18-10 and just calculated 73 working days since my BI was submitted lol. Also touched last December......

Comment

• thelonelybum
      thelonelybum commented
      Editing a comment
      18-3 I gave up on the whole process at one point, and remembered I was in the process about 15 months later from not hearing anything. My background was completed in Oct 2019 and was sent back for more info in November and resubmitted. Went into adjudication since November...

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      sory_ann & thelonelybum hang in there you both are about to cross the finish line with the hiring process. I have a question did anyone select provisional and if so did help speed up the process for you.

• thelonelybum
      thelonelybum commented
      Editing a comment
      wasnt given the option for provisional

• 18-8, just re certified my medical. Does anyone know how long it takes for the re certification to clear and get the call? I hope it doesn't take months like normal med reviews...Thank you

Comment

• 210CBPO
      210CBPO commented
      Editing a comment
      Did your DT update on CASS? Mine hasn't. Hope you hear from medical soon. I don't think it'll be long.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Drug just cleared. Medical went down to follow 210CBPO lol

• V_AntCBP I cant believe that you had to re certify your medical...how long ago did you completed your medical? I have read that re-certs are rather quick, less than a month, if I am not mistaken. I took my medical in September of 2018....so that means I will have to recert mine as well?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      less than 2 years needs recertify, more than 2 years, retake medical I think... I got my medical done in July 2018, sory_ann just 4 pages of medical you have to say yes or no and some other info to fill out and send it back to them...

• fonzi7979 I selected provisional and honestly, didn't see any difference. Remember, they run a preliminary vetting check prior to polygraph and if they see anything fishy then you wont be selected for provisional. I have dual citizenship, naturalized in this country so they had to do a lot of digging before they grant me clearance.

Comment

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      I selected provisional and in the fall I emailed the case manager the residency and provisional form and it seems like there is no real movement with my file. I reached out to ICAD and I was informed that my file has not been received. I have no idea what’s going on except that I am green on CASS app except for pending poly and blue for background and drug test. We shall see.

• Nousername1
      Nousername1 commented
      Editing a comment
      The form is just asking if granted (provisional clearance) would you accept or decline EOD before BI is 100% completed.
      https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/fi...al%20Clear.pdf

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s the form doesn’t hurt if it helps to keep the process moving along.

• For those who have taken the poly, how is it? I made a mistake on my application and I didn’t realize until after I submitted it. I asked if I should resubmit a new application but them when I called them after I saw it but they told me that I just have to tell them on the poly. Is this something that will dq me?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Depend on what it is.... If it's just some minor like dates, should be fine, but if it's like drugs usage, or conviction of some kind, most likely they will dq you, you can tell your poly examiner and re certify eqip before meeting investigator, you can also let background investigator know... Good luck man

• It was before the eqip the general multiple
    choice answer. It was on prior question I hit never when I should have hit 7 + years ago. I called them and screen shorted my call record this was also the second time I applied to them and on my first app I didn’t make a mistake
    Last edited by Atess27; 01-16-2020, 08:09 PM.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      I see, I screwed up 1 of the questionnaires too, I told investigator and he made notes and submitted for me. They cleared me... If it's 7 plus years, you should be fine... Just tell the examiner and investigator...

• Question my background went green finally on CASS. I got a call to make a medical appointment but they wont tell me for what. Is this the Drug Test?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Drug test, make appt and go in within 48hrs

• AJSIN0311
      AJSIN0311 commented
      Editing a comment
      I got a call from a weird number (Florida Number) and I put it to voicemail. Turns out it was comprehensive health calling about my drug test. They called me about 2 days after my background checked green on CASS. You just need to call them back and they'll overnight a test kit near you.

• CBPO-DFW
      CBPO-DFW commented
      Editing a comment
      how long did u wait or had waited until u see ur cass went "green"???

• camtheman77
      camtheman77 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey guys yes it was the drug test and I got the call today

• Question for ya!!!

I did mine back in 2018 Aug. Offered 9. My cbp cass is stopped currently at 65%, I'm waiting for the background to be clear and
    finalize so I may receive the call for urinalysis.

I'm
    officially in the "1 year & half" status... If I go on "Aug 2020" this year than it will be 2 years mark. Anything I shall prepare...??? such as, be ready for re-cert for my pt/medical & etc...??? Lastly, waiting for this hiring process up to 2 ~ 4 years just to get the call for EOD to FLETC is normal right?

Comment

• CBPO-DFW
      CBPO-DFW commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you still in the process? I was told that 2 ~ 4 years is normal....

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      I dont know about 4 years, but 2 to 3 is normal. I will be almost 3 years before my actual EOD (hopefully)... CBPO-DFW the people that got in under 1 year is VRA or extreme lucky mtfk (lmao)

• Yongky Sunyoto
      Yongky Sunyoto commented
      Editing a comment
      how long does fitness test last? i had to reapply and it will be beyond 1 year after i took it last year

• CBPO-DFW
      CBPO-DFW commented
      Editing a comment
      10-4! You guys are already in 2 to 3 years mark and I'm only a year & half so I guess I just gotta keep on waiting, be patient... I'm basically just waiting for the next step.

I just submitted for ICE. If ICE takes 6 months for me (like my buddy did) than I'll just aim for ICE route since CBP is 4 years or more just to possibly get the call in offering for EOD date....

• Question to anyone currently in the Academy or who has already received the “final call”.

So I have heard from a couple of people on this thread as well as my recruiter that the only thing I should purchase right now is boots. My Academy isn’t until May.

Does anyone have any recommendations on where I should purchase my boots, and what type of boots are best? (I live in Southern California). Also when should I buy these, and do they need to be broken in?

Thanks

Comment

• Anthropologist
      Anthropologist commented
      Editing a comment
      Do some research on various brands for your boots. I wore Danner boots for my last federal training; the boots needed to be black and able to accept a military shine (it wasn't enforced). I would imagine that CBP has similar requirements to other programs.

• ChrisQuirolo
      ChrisQuirolo commented
      Editing a comment
      Danners are probably the best boots made IMHO, however they do tend to be on the heavier side. Consider a lighter weight version. Georgia is hot and humid and miserable in the summer. Under Armour boots are decent, lightweight and breathable but they probably wont hold up for long. Id avoid Bates, 5.11 & Reebok. Just haven't seen those hold up over time.

• Plantar Fasciitis:
    How did you survive the academy?
    How do you prepare?
    Suggestions on boots or sneakers for running?

Comment

• SAS-CBPO
      SAS-CBPO commented
      Editing a comment
      Plantar Fascitis: Unfortunately I do know a little about that. I compete in triathlons and I have gotten it a few times in my life. PF is usually caused because the person is not flexible especially in the calf area. Because the calf is tight it pulls the fascia from the foot causing inflammation of the fascia. Also common if you have flat feet. FIX: stretch your calves, stretch you feet. Wear support insoles in you shoe. get properly fitted running shoes. Ice, roll a hard ball ie, golf ball or tennis ball under your bare feet. and if possible rest.
      Let's me know if it helps. It is not a quick fix so stick with it. Good luck!

• FYI:
    Locations BP DH offers right now: (Marfa, Presidio, Sanderson, Fort Handcock, TX), (LordsBurg, Santa Teresa NM)
    Last edited by V_AntCBP; 01-17-2020, 08:27 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7466 users online. 397 members and 7069 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X