Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone taken the BP exam, did you think it was more difficult than the cbpo test?

Comment

• Originally posted by NiNGods View Post
      Hello all. Got "THE" call and have an EOD of Dec 22nd for Champlain, NY, with a FLETC date of Jan 15th. Anyone else reporting to this port at this time?
      Congrats, see you there at FLETC.
      Last edited by GeM168; 12-11-2008, 07:32 PM.
      CBPO-LB/LA,CA
      Written: 08/08
      TO: 09/24/08
      FLETC CLASS 923

Comment

• Originally posted by Don951 View Post
        Has anyone taken the BP exam, did you think it was more difficult than the cbpo test?
        I'd say the level of difficulty really depends on your deficiencies in any particular subject. If you're decent with languages, you'll be fine for the USBP test. If you're good with math, you'll be alright with the CBPO test. As it turns out, I'm a language/writing guy; I'm not a math guy. It showed in my score.
        "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• What to Wear

Originally posted by Wrangler81 View Post
          Congrats! sEE YA @ FLETC.. i don't know about you... but the next 2 weeks are alreadying flying by trying to make all these arrangements n such
          check with the local admin people at the POE. But you can't go wrong with dockers or slacks and a button down collared shirt or pullover three button polo. NO tennis shoes that looks tacky. the shoes don't have to be shineable but they should be nice shoes. Suit would be overkill. They might have you move boxes shred paper assemble office furniture etc etc so be flexible.

good luck!

Comment

• I just want to be clear, after i'm referred to TSU it means i have the job? i only ask because it looks like the company i work for will be going out of business soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by jflores View Post
              I just want to be clear, after i'm referred to TSU it means i have the job? i only ask because it looks like the company i work for will be going out of business soon.
              Not until you have an EOD date. You could be in TSU for months if a spot isn't there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent A-Hop View Post
                I chose San Diego as my location for the CBP....anyone else doing the same??
                Same here...just got my letter stating I qualify for gs-7. Just have the BI to get through, I'm hoping they set up a meeting this week! Process has been moving fast for me, seems to go in approx. 2 week cycles. Very excited, hope to see you in San Diego
                CBPO - SW Border Locations, CA
                Tested: 8/19/08
                EOD: 2/23/09
                FLETC: 3/25/09 Class 937

Comment

• Originally posted by C-BPO View Post
                  Same here...just got my letter stating I qualify for gs-7. Just have the BI to get through, I'm hoping they set up a meeting this week! Process has been moving fast for me, seems to go in approx. 2 week cycles. Very excited, hope to see you in San Diego
                  Not sure if you're following the thread that close, but you're not missing much, as TSU told me last week that there weren't any vacancies for CA- SW border. Hoping that changes soon though. Good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
                    Not sure if you're following the thread that close, but you're not missing much, as TSU told me last week that there weren't any vacancies for CA- SW border. Hoping that changes soon though. Good luck!
                    Well, in any case I'm excited to eventually be referred to TSU so I can hurry up & wait with the rest of you....and I'm sure more spots will open up soon enough. Also, even though this is many years in the works there is another POE opening up in San Diego, east of the current Otay Mesa crossing.... http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/m...-governor.html So, just a guess, but CBP will most likely be hiring like crazy over the next couple of years....just a guess. Thanks BTW, take care!
                    CBPO - SW Border Locations, CA
                    Tested: 8/19/08
                    EOD: 2/23/09
                    FLETC: 3/25/09 Class 937

Comment

• Originally posted by tigers2007 View Post
                      Anyone have ANY information on when VF Solutions will open again? Must be nice to own a business that just stops working for two and a half months a year.

THE CBP UNIFORM VENDOR, VF SOLUTIONS WEBSITE IS SCHEDULED TO RE-OPEN FOR FISCAL YEAR 2009 ON MONDAY, DECEMBER 15TH.
                      FULL TIME UNIFORMED FIELD OPERATIONS EMPLOYEES IN THE FOLLOWING SERIES (GS-1895 0401, 1801, 0340, 0343, 0301) WILL RECEIVE AN ON-GOING ALLOWANCE OF $800.00
                      THE FIRST YEAR ALLOWANCE FOR FULL TIME UNIFORMED EMPLOYEES IN THE ABOVE SERIES IS $1,000.00.
                      FULL TIME UNIFORMED FIELD OPERATIONS EMPLOYEES IN THE GS-1802 SERIES WILL RECEIVE AN ONGOING ALLOWANCE OF $640.00.
                      THE FIRST YEAR ALLOWANCE FOR FULL TIME UNIFORMED EMPLOYEES IN THE ABOVE SERIES IS $800.00.

Comment

• Originally posted by C-BPO View Post
                        Well, in any case I'm excited to eventually be referred to TSU so I can hurry up & wait with the rest of you....and I'm sure more spots will open up soon enough. Also, even though this is many years in the works there is another POE opening up in San Diego, east of the current Otay Mesa crossing.... http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/m...-governor.html So, just a guess, but CBP will most likely be hiring like crazy over the next couple of years....just a guess. Thanks BTW, take care!
                        You don't need to be referred to TSU to "Hurry Up and Wait!"... you already are... and unless you are granted an "interim" clearance you won't be in TSU until you meet with your investigator and your BI gets cleared...
                        Good Luck and Welcome to the waiting game...
                        CBPO
                        Written: 08/29/2007
                        EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                          Come to think of it, there's an official port at the academy. Make it 5 states and 11 ports for me.

I can't speak for him, but I made one permanent move, and had one official TDY in there.(outside of training in Glynco)

My situation is probably atypical. Nearly every border crossing in MT, ND and northern MN is it's own port.

Edit: If he's on a CTRT(Counter-Terrorism Response Team), he may have done some moving about for that also.
                          4 PCS moves, 3 in the USA 1 out of the USA(2 airports 2 seaports. I am a CTR Instructor , so yes you are right that helps moving around. I am Legacy-C so I trained at the old port. But no I am not counting that as one of my 4.

Comment

• Reference CASS, my fitness, drug screening, and VBT, have been completed for awhile. Forms completed today. That leaves medical and qualifications. I am surprised qualifications have not cleared since forms finally did...as you all know it is first things you turn in. Oh well, I know you guys have said there is no rhyme or reason to the madness. But, I am anxious like the next guy. The first of the new year would be nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barbrady View Post
                              Reference CASS, my fitness, drug screening, and VBT, have been completed for awhile. Forms completed today. That leaves medical and qualifications. I am surprised qualifications have not cleared since forms finally did...as you all know it is first things you turn in. Oh well, I know you guys have said there is no rhyme or reason to the madness. But, I am anxious like the next guy. The first of the new year would be nice.
                              What's your timeline our of curiosity?

Comment

• Originally posted by Don951 View Post
                                Has anyone taken the BP exam, did you think it was more difficult than the cbpo test?
                                I took both and personally I think the BP was easier. I can't remember exactly why I think that, but I remember after taking the BP test that I was thinking "that was pretty easy," then after the CBP my brain was fried. Maybe it was just the math...
                                GEO Pref: MIA
                                Written: 8/08 (99 w/VP)
                                TO: 9/08
                                Pre-employment Forms: Completed
                                Medical: Completed
                                Fitness: Completed
                                VBT: Completed 12/4
                                BI: Completed
                                Qualifications: Completed
                                TSU: 12/4
                                EOD: 2/17
                                FLETC: 3/12 Class 934

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8974 users online. 495 members and 8479 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X