Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those who have taken the poly, how is it? I made a mistake on my application and I didn’t realize until after I submitted it. I asked if I should resubmit a new application but them when I called them after I saw it but they told me that I just have to tell them on the poly. Is this something that will dq me?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Depend on what it is.... If it's just some minor like dates, should be fine, but if it's like drugs usage, or conviction of some kind, most likely they will dq you, you can tell your poly examiner and re certify eqip before meeting investigator, you can also let background investigator know... Good luck man

• It was before the eqip the general multiple
    choice answer. It was on prior question I hit never when I should have hit 7 + years ago. I called them and screen shorted my call record this was also the second time I applied to them and on my first app I didn’t make a mistake
    Last edited by Atess27; 01-16-2020, 09:09 PM.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      I see, I screwed up 1 of the questionnaires too, I told investigator and he made notes and submitted for me. They cleared me... If it's 7 plus years, you should be fine... Just tell the examiner and investigator...

• Question my background went green finally on CASS. I got a call to make a medical appointment but they wont tell me for what. Is this the Drug Test?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Drug test, make appt and go in within 48hrs

• AJSIN0311
      AJSIN0311 commented
      Editing a comment
      I got a call from a weird number (Florida Number) and I put it to voicemail. Turns out it was comprehensive health calling about my drug test. They called me about 2 days after my background checked green on CASS. You just need to call them back and they'll overnight a test kit near you.

• CBPO-DFW
      CBPO-DFW commented
      Editing a comment
      how long did u wait or had waited until u see ur cass went "green"???

• camtheman77
      camtheman77 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey guys yes it was the drug test and I got the call today

• Question for ya!!!

I did mine back in 2018 Aug. Offered 9. My cbp cass is stopped currently at 65%, I'm waiting for the background to be clear and
    finalize so I may receive the call for urinalysis.

I'm
    officially in the "1 year & half" status... If I go on "Aug 2020" this year than it will be 2 years mark. Anything I shall prepare...??? such as, be ready for re-cert for my pt/medical & etc...??? Lastly, waiting for this hiring process up to 2 ~ 4 years just to get the call for EOD to FLETC is normal right?

Comment

• CBPO-DFW
      CBPO-DFW commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you still in the process? I was told that 2 ~ 4 years is normal....

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      I dont know about 4 years, but 2 to 3 is normal. I will be almost 3 years before my actual EOD (hopefully)... CBPO-DFW the people that got in under 1 year is VRA or extreme lucky mtfk (lmao)

• Yongky Sunyoto
      Yongky Sunyoto commented
      Editing a comment
      how long does fitness test last? i had to reapply and it will be beyond 1 year after i took it last year

• CBPO-DFW
      CBPO-DFW commented
      Editing a comment
      10-4! You guys are already in 2 to 3 years mark and I'm only a year & half so I guess I just gotta keep on waiting, be patient... I'm basically just waiting for the next step.

I just submitted for ICE. If ICE takes 6 months for me (like my buddy did) than I'll just aim for ICE route since CBP is 4 years or more just to possibly get the call in offering for EOD date....

• Question to anyone currently in the Academy or who has already received the “final call”.

So I have heard from a couple of people on this thread as well as my recruiter that the only thing I should purchase right now is boots. My Academy isn’t until May.

Does anyone have any recommendations on where I should purchase my boots, and what type of boots are best? (I live in Southern California). Also when should I buy these, and do they need to be broken in?

Thanks

Comment

• Anthropologist
      Anthropologist commented
      Editing a comment
      Do some research on various brands for your boots. I wore Danner boots for my last federal training; the boots needed to be black and able to accept a military shine (it wasn't enforced). I would imagine that CBP has similar requirements to other programs.

• ChrisQuirolo
      ChrisQuirolo commented
      Editing a comment
      Danners are probably the best boots made IMHO, however they do tend to be on the heavier side. Consider a lighter weight version. Georgia is hot and humid and miserable in the summer. Under Armour boots are decent, lightweight and breathable but they probably wont hold up for long. Id avoid Bates, 5.11 & Reebok. Just haven't seen those hold up over time.

• Plantar Fasciitis:
    How did you survive the academy?
    How do you prepare?
    Suggestions on boots or sneakers for running?

Comment

• SAS-CBPO
      SAS-CBPO commented
      Editing a comment
      Plantar Fascitis: Unfortunately I do know a little about that. I compete in triathlons and I have gotten it a few times in my life. PF is usually caused because the person is not flexible especially in the calf area. Because the calf is tight it pulls the fascia from the foot causing inflammation of the fascia. Also common if you have flat feet. FIX: stretch your calves, stretch you feet. Wear support insoles in you shoe. get properly fitted running shoes. Ice, roll a hard ball ie, golf ball or tennis ball under your bare feet. and if possible rest.
      Let's me know if it helps. It is not a quick fix so stick with it. Good luck!

• FYI:
    Locations BP DH offers right now: (Marfa, Presidio, Sanderson, Fort Handcock, TX), (LordsBurg, Santa Teresa NM)
    Last edited by V_AntCBP; 01-17-2020, 09:27 AM.

Comment

• Hey... Quick question... I took my drug test the first week of November... Is it normal for it to be two months for an offer? Starting to think I was forgotten about lol

Comment

• rmpee
        rmpee commented
        Editing a comment
        V_AntCBP yep I emailed both the hiring center and my case manager.. Also called. Even if I don't get a definitive answer (which I'm not expecting) I at least want to make certain things are on track.

If someone can just tell me... Yep all is good just wait that would be sufficient for me

• Keee562
        Keee562 commented
        Editing a comment
        V_AntCBP I seen it

• CBPO-DFW
        CBPO-DFW commented
        Editing a comment
        Even up to close to a year is normal

• rmpee
        rmpee commented
        Editing a comment
        A year between drug test and offer? No..

• https://thebrunswicknews.com/news/lo...nt=read%20more

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Damn it's crazy... Thanks for sharing

• Rmodel1965
        Rmodel1965 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea it is. Brunswick is a small town but there is a lot of crime there

• Just wondering if anyone can post a picture and/or list the items that are on the packing list for CBPO training at FLETC in Georgia.

Comment

• SheepDogg
        SheepDogg commented
        Editing a comment
        So no screenshots of the list? Or a list of the list?? LOL

• natural
        natural commented
        Editing a comment
        Greetings. I don’t think there is a specific packing list. Almost everything you need for the Academy should be provided by FLETC except sneakers, civilian clothing and personal hygiene.

• Rmodel1965
        Rmodel1965 commented
        Editing a comment
        It was 80 degrees the about two days ago and the mosquitoes were out in force. I'm used to them Brunswick is my hometown. The gnats are also very bad certain parts of the year as well.

And if you're anything like me 24 hour allergy meds and benadryl. The pollen gets so heavy here cars ended up tinted yellow

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        FLETC pollen made me feel like I was breathing pudding...and I have never had a noticeable problem with pollen before...or since.

• question, uf u were already joined border patrol, can u move yo cbp? if yes how long after working in border pattol u can switch?

Comment

• Matt Pombo
        Matt Pombo commented
        Editing a comment
        My guy, you gotta use auto correct

• Thatoneguyoh
        Thatoneguyoh commented
        Editing a comment
        3 years, you would have to go to fletc.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        There is no time limit to move from Border Patrol to OFO...you just need to meet the hiring qualifications, pass the requisite pre-employment processes and get hired.

Then, as previously mentioned, you'll need to attend the CBPO academy.

• Can anyone give any insight on duty locations under the VRA and how it works ? Do you truly get to select your location.? Any suggestions for busy ports.
      Last edited by Chris Martin; 01-18-2020, 10:13 PM.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Miami Airport and sea port are huge, you can request it, sure you will always stay busy, I personally like airports better, sea port mostly inspecting cargo, containers, cruise ships, I don't know if I would like it,

• Chris Martin
        Chris Martin commented
        Editing a comment
        I was looking at Miami, port Everglades, Tampa, or Orlando. Trying to look at housing vrs salary.

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        I live. In Tampa. Florida house market is hot now. Expensive... But of course nothing like Seattle, NYC, jersey, Boston, or California, try to look for place 20 30 mins outside cities, cheaper little bit Chris Martin

• paultanguay
        paultanguay commented
        Editing a comment
        I am VRA and was able to select my assignment. What happen to me was they called with an offer I stopped them and asked if it was for the assignment I wanted she said "no". At that point she told me she would have to send it up where they would look at approving it. 3 days later I received a call back with the approval. So yes VRA works. I my class date is 20 Feb.

• Anyone from the NY area that's a 19- applicant hear anything about upcoming polygraph dates? 19-6 SI completed in June.

28 weeks since Structured Interview.

Comment

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m in 19-2 for JFK and still waiting for the poly since April 2019. Hopefully soon.

• Matt Pombo
        Matt Pombo commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m 19-6 in Newark. I’m in the same boat as you. Last I heard from them was in July

• Mike_lowrey
        Mike_lowrey commented
        Editing a comment
        We'll get our chance sooner or later but I must admit this process needs to be re-worked or closed until they're able to proceed with the current backlog. Applications with ICE ERO and ICE HSI have been moving like lightning. From application to EOD with ERO and HSI has been at most a year's wait as of late.

• Has anyone had there job offer declined based on prior criminal history?

Comment

• Thatoneguyoh
        Thatoneguyoh commented
        Editing a comment
        Depends on your criminal background they factor everything in.

• Anthropologist
        Anthropologist commented
        Editing a comment
        I doubt that they look too kindly on any criminal history from applicants. It does, of course, also depend on the severity of the charges and whether there was a conviction. There might possibly be more leeway if the criminal charges are from your youth.

I would say to go ahead and apply. It never hurts to try.

1. After submitting medical recertify forms, medical went down to Follow up and RE CLEARED the next day, 88% now, waiting for the call.... 18-8 DH, 19-2 Regular, the end of tunnel is near...
      Last edited by V_AntCBP; 01-19-2020, 06:20 PM.

Comment

• AJSIN0311
        AJSIN0311 commented
        Editing a comment
        In the same boat. The anxiety is worse the closer you get to being done. I just want the call lol.

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Glue the phone to hand.... Lol. They could call from 952, or private num... AJSIN0311

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3362 users online. 207 members and 3155 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X